• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, who DOESN'T associate the song with Nintendo in some capacity? :P Smash Bros 64's commercial, and most recently in the original Detective Pikachu trailer. It's their "theme song" to me. :P

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, it was more of a rhetorical question, not a serious one. :P

Last edited:

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to Borderlands 3 and the trailer definitely keeps me aware of how soon I'll be playing :D

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty good trailer. They sure hyped it up though, was hoping this was going to be a cross-play announcement. :<

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, who DOESN'T associate the song with Nintendo in some capacity? :P Smash Bros 64's commercial, and most recently in the original Detective Pikachu trailer. It's their "theme song" to me. :P

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, it was more of a rhetorical question, not a serious one. :P

Weird take. It's such a commonly used piece of music, I think people likely have lots of different associations, or because it's so often used, none at all.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a pretty good trailer. They sure hyped it up though, was hoping this was going to be a cross-play announcement. :<
Yeah, that's the one clear advantage Epic has, and given that they've handed out the cross-play API to a much smaller game (Dauntless), I'm surprised that there's still no indication that they're going to let Gearbox kick the tyres.

It's probably Sony's fault, somehow.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
After the last sucky one now THIS is a Borderlands trailer I like. Reminds me of the "Wimoweh" trailer that got me insanely hyped for Bordelands 2. Good job!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

Not me. That honour belongs to Smiths Chips

Oct 26, 2017
Weird take. It's such a commonly used piece of music, I think people likely have lots of different associations, or because it's so often used, none at all.

Oh yeah, for sure. It originated in 1969 so there's five decades of people hearing it and having their own associations with it. Mine's just Nintendo :P First remembered ever hearing it in the Smash Bros 64 commercial in 1999 I think when it came out. Been hooked since. :)

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Does this mean Switch version and Claptrap in Smash is happening! /s

Seriously, why are so many people accosiating this song with Nintendo? It's been used everywhere.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
TBH, I don't find this trailer anything special. It's fun, but that's pretty much it. It almost looks like it could have been done by fans using B2 resources.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Video is unavailable it said.

It was a fun announcement they said.

Edit** eyyyy my bad, fixed it. Did I just witnessed the best trailer this generation!?

Last edited:

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Cool trailer. Also, I've never associated this with Nintendo. This song has been used in countless advertising and movies for decades. It's like 50 years old.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fun trailer, if you didn't like Zane before...well so happy together!

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Fantastic trailer. Still need to decide what platform to get.

PS4 will have the biggest community, Share plays, comfy couch gaming, Dualshock 4.

PC will give you the most graphical options and you will find it pretty cheap after a few months, free online... but its exclusive to Epic Store (sad face).

And Xbox One...well, more of less the same as PS4. 😬

Last edited:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
More often than not embedded YT videos never seem to work for me ("video unavailable"). I don't even have enough time to click on the YT link in the video to open it up on the actual website directly. WTF am I doing wrong? I know it's early (for me at least) but I'm pretty sure I'm just dumb.

edit: nvm, saw the response below, that worked fine, thx Toni

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Until right now I didn't know that this song was ever used in a Nintendo commercial. I would have put this song with Simpsons more so then anything Nintendo has done.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Well made trailer. I just hate this song. One of the most overused commercial music tracks.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Shame this wasn't a cross-play announcement. Fun trailer nonetheless. September will be here in no time.