• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final Predictions?

• 96-100

Votes: 11 1.0%
  • 91-95 (Same as Borderlands 2)

Votes: 197 17.5%
  • 86-90

Votes: 457 40.5%
  • 81-85 (Same as Borderlands)

Votes: 349 30.9%
  • 76-80

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75 or below

Votes: 34 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Completely opposite from my experience. I have over 1000 hours (almost all solo) in BL2 and it's very easy to solo even at end game - without the best guns. Raid bosses will be difficult without certain weapons or cheese tactics.
I can literally one shot raid bosses with my build and weapon loadout.
Solo is perfectly fine and many people have done it without issue for years. I played over 300 hours solo and missed nothing. Co-op is also fun.

Yeah I may have worded it poorly. It's definitely playable solo, I beat the first 2 games solo for the most part and what I played of the third (dunno why but that one kinda didn't work for me) so it's not that it cant be played that way.

I guess I just find you hit a lot of walls with bosses that way and some things, like arena, feel pretty tedious alone. My experience with it was that a lot of the time it was fine but then you'll hit some dude that has you respawn 15 times trying to chip away at him. By the end game I'd usually be well equipped enough to not have that wall anymore though.

If it wasnt for that id have less bad memories of playing it solo for sure, but even then I just found the game works better for me in co-op in general so could also be a preference thing. I do quite like the warframe/destiny structure of a handful of solo missions and everything else matchmade teams so it's likely just a preference thing. Been so long since I played BL though I can't actually remember if it has the MM to support playing it that way or needs premades.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You mean Borderlands 2 with better lategame, more intricate skilltrees, more movement options, more guns, even more varied environments than 2, and better gunplay?
The skills trees are crazy, they actually make sthe specials more than an "oh shit " button or another grenade to pop off when the timer cools down.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
For the people saying the Borderlands formula is old and 3 will be penalised for this, literally what game has come along that's evolved or improved on this formula?

Because Destiny is boring and has nothing going for it but the gunplay (with a not huge variety of guns and insane grinds and waits to get those interesting guns) and.... what else is there? Anthem? Lol.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Mid 80s. 84 to be more accurate.

It doesn't look like much has changed from the gameplay, that might be a good thing though.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Borderlands 1 and 2 were very much of a specific time and place. Since then we've seen other developers dramatically improve upon the genre, the humor has aged horrifically, and we're at the end of a console gen.

What I've seen of it looks like more Borderlands 2. That's not a bad thing for fans but it's also not a great look for a game releasing in late 2019. I absolutely expect it to get a generous 70-75.

Lol

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The skills trees are crazy, they actually make sthe specials more than an "oh shit " button or another grenade to pop off when the timer cools down.
Yep, I love the additions of skill mods. Like, with Moze alone I want to try 3 or 4 different weapon combinations on the mech lol.

And let's not forget the fact we have class mods and weapons that play into builds way more as well now. That one gun in a preview that scales off melee damage was super hype.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
I'll go for 85.

I've never liked Borderlands but I can see the appeal, there are a lot of people looking forward to it and it would have to be in the 70s to stop them.

I think the only big issue with the scores is that rumour about the US only reviews which might change this.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
No way, the thread is going to be a solid 14/10 based on the stupid arguments alone when the reviews drop. Gears 5 thread is gonna have nothing on this.

I don't think so. Gears 5 was an exclusive, which tends to bring out the worst of this place. BL3 isn't. It'll still be bad, but that Gears 5 thread was putrid levels of bad, especially early on.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been following the game, but I feel Borderlands 2 feels very outdated playing it today. It remains to be seen how much of the formula they've changed.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I don't think so. Gears 5 was an exclusive, which tends to bring out the worst of this place. BL3 isn't. It'll still be bad, but that Gears 5 thread was putrid levels of bad, especially early on.
Randy Pitchford plus Epic Games Store will give the Gears 5 thread a run for its money.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We should have another poll for which outlet will give this the bad review that everyone down on the game will cling to as the "correct" review

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It remains to be seen how much of the formula they've changed.

I mean, besides the loads and loads and loads of footage that dozens upon dozens upon dozens of content creators have put out there after having played it a number of times that highlight how drastically improved the game is, sure.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Expecting a huge mix. Basically some reviews hating it moaning about more of the same and some reviews loving it saying more of the same. Guess it depends on where you come down on the Borderlands fence. Someone will have a 10/10 review, someone will do a 3/10 review and mention Randy several times.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting a huge mix. Basically some reviews hating it moaning about more of the same and some reviews loving it saying more of the same. Guess it depends on where you come down on the Borderlands fence. Someone will have a 10/10 review, someone will do a 3/10 review and mention Randy several times.
Why would any of the reviews mention Randy?

lol, Era, what are you guys doing?

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
People believing Borderlands 3 will be the same as Borderlands 2 and thus it getting lower review scores because ''other games'' provides a stiffer competition.

Lol..

Gearbox simply did not do a simple rehash of Borderlands 2. The tons of hands-on footages and previews made this perfectly clear.

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing very few outlets got review copies due to "leaks and spoilers" which is super odd.

Slightly worried they don't have confidence in reviews. I'll say 85-90 still.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What I don't get is people who come to a review thread for a game they have no interest in ever buying or playing. I simply don't even look at them. Why would you? Yet you get people doing it all the time. Weird behaviour.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is people who come to a review thread for a game they have no interest in ever buying or playing. I simply don't even look at them. Why would you? Yet you get people doing it all the time. Weird behaviour.

Because it's a review thread, not a blind praise thread. Many people came in to add their predictions. You can still be interested in how a game turns out even if your expectations are low.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people are letting their (justified imo) hate for Randy to shade their opinion of this game. Sure he's clown shoes but to think this game is going to be a 3/10 or something else is just insane.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
It's sad that so many people seem to be hoping this game will fail.

Go for a walk. Call your mum. Read a good book.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
High 80s seems like a safe bet to me for something that's gonna be a quality game but not super groundbreaking.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm going with clickbait reviews of 4/10 and at least a couple 6/10.

And honestly the main review score will depend on how thirsty reviewers are for looter shooters, and I'm not sure the thirst is there. So I'm thinking we'll see largely scores in the 80s.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They used the word shlooter in their advertising so... I hope reviewers take a stand on this important issue.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going with clickbait reviews of 4/10 and at least a couple 6/10.

And honestly the main review score will depend on how thirsty reviewers are for looter shooters, and I'm not sure the thirst is there. So I'm thinking we'll see largely scores in the 80s.

If scores are around the 80s then i guess reviewers are thirsty for looter shooters alright