• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
None of them are useless at least. 70% is the lowest it goes, which isn't too bad. With that said, having Corrosive or Cryo and Shock to take out armor and shields will certainly be desirable. It still seems better than BL2 once slag was essentially a requirement.

Amara gonna ripping shields off like melted butter with an extra 50 percent shock damage and 30 percent for all the other elemental skills. And that's without a class mod to boost it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My bad. I didn't watch the video. Yeah, that'll require some weapon swapping again. Haven't they talked about some weapons having multiple elemental effects (perhaps one in alt mode)? If so, that could help quite a bit.

Yeah. Maliwan weapons will have two different elements you can swap with the alt modes.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Maliwan weapons will have two different elements you can swap with the alt modes.
Most the time I'd have at least 1 slag, 1 corrosive, and 1 fire weapon in BL2, so having two in one seems nice and convenient.

Speaking of weapon variety - I know initially there was a worry that backspace space would cap out at less than it was in BL2. Is that still the case?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
4 days in advance means they must be confident in their product. I definitely am. The review thread is gonna be a shit show and graveyard with all the Randy Pitchford and EGS hate though.
I love that the only "negative" reviews I've seen have said it's too similar to BL2. A prettier BL2 with all new characters, new guns, much better graphics, more build variety, and better movement options along with a ton of QoL improvements sounds perfect to me, even though I think that sells the changes short.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Most the time I'd have at least 1 slag, 1 corrosive, and 1 fire weapon in BL2, so having two in one seems nice and convenient.

Speaking of weapon variety - I know initially there was a worry that backspace space would cap out at less than it was in BL2. Is that still the case?

But...outside of Slag, Shock was the best element. Only element to melt shields and no downside whatsoever otherwise. Could use it on anything, unlike Fire.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really been talked about, but I have a suspicion duping will not be allowed in Borderlands 3. Just piecing it together from the fact that you can send guns to your friends now and the fact the a Gearbox employee said they are implementing some anti-cheat measures without any specifics other than that it won't block save modding.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
It wouldn't be so bad if certain configurations weren't so garbage. Very few people reset for ideal gun parts. But DP on an UH? Casual on a SwordS? Anything but Fire or Corrosive on a SH? Way too important.

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
This isn't really been talked about, but I have a suspicion duping will not be allowed in Borderlands 3. Just piecing it together from the fact that you can send guns to your friends now and the fact the a Gearbox employee said they are implementing some anti-cheat measures without any specifics other than that it won't block save modding.
It's certainly possible - they could do this if they just save your character every time you gain or lose an item. I'm not sure what MS or Sony think of this, however, as the more time spent saving games, the larger possibility of things like drive corruption, and unlike with the PC, the owners of these closed platforms are then on the hook for fixing it.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle

You could just drop guns for each other in other BL games, why would the bolded really matter here?

That's cool about anti-cheat, but I always suspect the real reason is micro-transactions not cheating.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose anyone received any extra boost codes that they don't want for the shift site?

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
You could just drop guns for each other in other BL games, why would the bolded really matter here?

That's cool about anti-cheat, but I always suspect the real reason is micro-transactions not cheating.
There aren't any plans out there yet for any of this and Pitchford spoke directly against it (I get that he's been caught in lies, but none like this, and he even misspoke about this, saying "no microtransactions" when he more accurately should have said "no lootboxes" and/or "no premium currency" - so I can't say for sure it won't happen, but I just see no indication yet). It sounds like Gearbox is in control of these types of plans rather than 2K, and I don't think they're going to do any of this as long as they maintain control.

Either way, people will find a way even if it's save game editing. As long as the game data is stored offline, people will cheat and they will share those gains with other players.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take that Commander Lilith code for anyone here attending who doesn't need or want it.

edit: Got one. <3

Last edited:

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Will they finally reveal the Collector's Edition, or will I have to wait for mine to show up to see it?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Someone needs to tell Pitchford he's the only one enjoying this bit.

I think this woman realized while she was standing up there what a douche he is.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope he got permission from the magician he ripped this wholesale from (was on penn and teller)

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
header-2-desktop.jpg

https://gearboxloot.com/pages/collectors-edition to register for a chance to buy.

$180 does not include the game

Status
Not open for further replies.