• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I've been looking at some preview impressions and the sentiment of "you could tell me this is a BL2 expansion and I'd believe you" is not hitting for me.

I replayed those games earlier this year and the gunplay fucking sucks in those games. This looks super improved from the perspective of combat design. Sure, the gameplay loop is the same, but it looks really tightened up.
i just replayed TPS in march and 2 did the main game and all DLC two or three weeks ago and i agree it loks far worse and the gun combat does not hold up or look nearly as good as three is looking

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Loader-Bot is the best character in the franchise , change my mind .
tumblr_nhex4eJdVq1r7sijxo1_400.gif

(And Tales is the best game in the franchise)

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
They showed an edition that had something with Butt Stallion, but now I can't find it.

Oh, nm, it's with the season pass.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
When they said retro skins I thought they meant the stuff like Borderlands 2's customization options that turned Axton into a Crimson Lance guy, Salvador into Sledge, Maya into Tannis and Zer0 into a Spiderant.

Kinda disappointing tbh, still springing for the 100 dollar edition because of the season pass though.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wish there was PS4 + PC crossplay.
There might be. Like a year from now :/

But yeah that's my most requested feature by far.

Also for the toy guns are those just added to the loot pool, are they skins like the retro weapon skins, are they just level 1 guns like the gearbox ones in BL2 or do we not know yet

Oct 25, 2017
60fps on X/pro? Not gonna bother with it if not. BL2 on xbone spoiled me.

Last I read they are trying to add a 60fps mode for the mid-gen upgrades, but I haven't seen anything about it months. And yes it would suck to go back to 30fps after playing The Handsome Collection (at least until the inevitable next gen patch), but I'm getting it regardless.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
game should be going gold very soon (like within a week or 2) so we should have more detailed specs and requirements then.
Should also be hearing about the collector's edition items soon.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
game should be going gold very soon (like within a week or 2) so we should have more detailed specs and requirements then.
Should also be hearing about the collector's edition items soon.
I still think it's so frustrating when companies hide statues like that for CEs.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
hmm regular or super deluxe...decisions decisions... $32 dif with gcu for super deluxe over standard tho my track record of preordering editions with SP has been abysmal (Anthem, Mass effect Andromeda, Division 1 -got backpack bugged for nearly a month...)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
hmm regular or super deluxe...decisions decisions... $32 dif with gcu for super deluxe over standard tho my track record of preordering editions with SP has been abysmal (Anthem, Mass effect Andromeda, Division 1 -got backpack bugged for nearly a month...)
Considering there's only been one bad DLC pack in the entire franchise and the chance of the studio shutting down too early like with TPS is almost nil... if you're going day 1 anyway you might as well pick up the season pass at a discount.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Considering there's only been one bad DLC pack in the entire franchise and the chance of the studio shutting down too early like with TPS is almost nil... if you're going day 1 anyway you might as well pick up the season pass at a discount.
Facts, they're even pulling the deal within like two weeks?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
true...guess their track record has been pretty good with dlc (moxxi's for BL 1 was kinda meh, besides the whole duping weapons thing lol)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
true...guess their track record has been pretty good with dlc (moxxi's for BL 1 was kinda meh, besides the whole duping weapons thing lol)
Yeah Moxxi's was what I was thinking of. It was pretty awful. The rest have ranged from good to great. I know a lot of people hate Hammerlock's Big Game hunt but despite it being a bit short and having 2 annoying side quests I loved it.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is awesome, I don't get the hate. + The french voice actor for Hammerlock and Nakayama are both really really really good.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is awesome, I don't get the hate. + The french voice actor for Hammerlock and Nakayama are both really really really good.
It's short, the rare animal hunting and drifter egg sidequests are annoying, Ohm-Ohm-Ohk or whatever is a complete bitch to spawn and I know a lot of people hated fighting Witch Doctors.

But honestly Campaign of Carnage was my least favorite DLC. The setting was too similar to the first game and the pirate DLC and the final boss and flying boss are so so awful.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the game has gone gold I want to see the trophy list. I'm going to platinum it but curious to see what they've come up with.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
It's short, the rare animal hunting and drifter egg sidequests are annoying, Ohm-Ohm-Ohk or whatever is a complete bitch to spawn and I know a lot of people hated fighting Witch Doctors.

But honestly Campaign of Carnage was my least favorite DLC. The setting was too similar to the first game and the pirate DLC and the final boss and flying boss are so so awful.
I'm not exactly fond of Hammerlock's DLC, but Campaign of Carnage is definitely my least favorite. I hate that blimp boss about as much as Voracidious. Basically the only things Torgue's DLC has going for it is Mr. Torgue and the easiest source of seraph crystals

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not exactly fond of Hammerlock's DLC, but Campaign of Carnage is definitely my least favorite. I hate that blimp boss about as much as Voracidious. Basically the only things Torgue's DLC has going for it is Mr. Torgue and the easiest source of seraph crystals
There are dozens of us!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty excited for this, I haven't touched my gaming rig since Far Cry 5 and I've been getting an itch for a new loot shooter to listen to podcasts with.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The posters are great. So I guess Moze's bear mech is semi autonomous and can also be used as a turret?

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Tonally, the Moze trailer is pretty far off from what I'd expect from Borderlands.

I'm hoping fl4k's is more comedic.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Do we know if this game will have any bigger community type events (something akin to raids) or will the gameplay loop be largely like the previous titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.