• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The reality is that PC players who already play Borderlands already have Steam accounts, and they don't have Reddit or Gearbox accounts as reliably.

So it's only natural that they would gravitate towards using a forum they already have accounts for and is already mainly used for troubleshooting.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the point of this topic.

• The Borderlands 2 forums on Steam are particularly active due to the hugeness of the game, and they'd have a few topics mentioning BL3 regardless of outside factors, including whether there was a forum built into EGS.
  • The majority of Borderlands 3 tech question topics on the BL2 Steam forum don't have useful answers, or mixed at best, and often the majority of replies are "you're in the wrong place" or "people are going to be mad at you for posting this here". Super helpful!
  • The official forums exist and are active, and have more consistently helpful answers because -- Shockingly -- It's the actual right forum for the game!

It's valid to want to have a discussion forum built into EGS, but I would speculate that the majority of people complaining about this won't actually use EGS either way and are just looking for ammunition for their platform war

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
The moderation problem is a legit conundrum for Steam though (as well as Facebook and the rest of the Internet). The main advantage for to Steam forums for developers is that they're hosted for free by Valve using Steam, developers don't have to spin up their own XenoForo server or something. But, a dev who doesn't have the resources to host a self-contained forum probably doesn't have the resources to constantly monitor it.
I needs to get better for sure, but it's not the big bad when it comes to where shitty people congregate.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's valid to want to have a discussion forum built into EGS, but I would speculate that the majority of people complaining about this won't actually use EGS either way and are just looking for ammunition for their platform war
You can't use a forum within the EGS so you use the biggest existing forums there are and look for help over there. Looking for technical help is now a platform war? Dude. Your trolling was kinda funny (I guess) 9 months ago with regards to EGS. But it became unbearable over the last few weeks.

People complaining that they can't get technical help within the EGS = looking for ammuniation for platform war. You can't make this up.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I needs to get better for sure, but it's not the big bad when it comes to where shitty people congregate.
Oh for sure, I'm not saying the forums are a net negative at all (fully agree with Grays' post above mine), but was more trying to comment on the problems with the idea of dev moderation.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Epic Game Store is great for game publishers (with exceptions).
Epic Game Store is absolute garbage for consumers.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
happens for other games. not just borderlands. it's not surprising.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Can't say your wrong. EGS is a shit anti-consumer platform that's bad for PC gaming, so fuck 'em.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
If only they had an overlay where you could enter the forums with one click while already being logged in like (all) other launchers.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
This is fairly normal. Steam forums are used for all versions of games. Go to the Gears forum on steam and you will see people getting support for the Windows Store version. I understand the game isn't on steam so lets all laugh, but come on. You guys just love controversy i guess.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
EBGbV1VXoAAksw9.jpg:large

LOL

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Troubleshooting on STEAM forums is the best. No other forum even comes close. While there is toxic crap, the knowledge base on there is league's ahead of everyone else. Hell, all forums link back to a STEAM post for their technical solutions anyway.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a PC Performance thread for this game? People are always super helpful in them.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This trend of broken AAA games at launch will never end. And it seems people will never learn to wait and never pre-order before legit info about performance is out there.

Is it a "trend" though? There are plenty of AAA games that launched without any major issues.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This is rather unremarkable and I don't think much constructive conversation can come of this thread, as such it is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.