• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
pcspec-560.jpg

MINIMUM SPECS 1080p Gaming

• OS – Windows 7/8/10 (latest service pack)
  • Processor – AMD FX-8350 (Intel i5-3570)
  • Memory – 6GB RAM
  • Graphics card – AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB)
  • HDD – 75 GB
RECOMMENDED SPECS 1440P Gaming

• OS – Windows 7/8/10 (latest service pack)
  • Processor – AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 (Intel i7-4770)
  • Memory – 16GB RAM
  • Graphics card – AMD Radeon™ RX 590 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB)
  • HDD – 75 GB
Once you've got your spec sorted, it's time to tinker with the many graphics settings available in Borderlands 3. Here's a complete list of the in-game visuals options on PC, so you can plan ahead for your ideal setup, adjusting everything from Vertical Sync and Field of View to Ambient Occlusion and Screen Space Reflections. With all these visual options at your disposal and the freedom to adjust them to your liking, your PC can deliver the best Borderlands 3 experience possible.

BASIC
General

Graphics API:
DirectX 11, DirectX 12
Display: (varies by setup)
Display Mode: Full Screen, Windowed Borderless, Windowed
Resolution: (varies by setup)
Vertical Sync: Off, On
Resolution Scale: 50% - 200% in 25% increments
Limit Frame Rate: Smooth 22-62 FPS, Capped 30 FPS, Capped 50 FPS, Capped 60 FPS, Capped 72 FPS, Capped 120 FPS, Unlimited, Custom
Custom FPS Limit: default 90, minimum 15, maximum 300
Calibrate Display: Brightness and HDR
Calibrate Safe Area: Adjust the boundary of the UI
Field of View: default 90, minimum 70, maximum 110
Vehicle Field of View: default 90, minimum 70, maximum 110
HUD Scale: default 1, minimum 0.6, maximum 1.3

ADVANCED
Preferences

Display Stats:
Off, FPS, All (FPS, CPU, GPU)
Anti Aliasing: None, FXAA, Temporal
FidelityFX Sharpening: Off, On
Camera Motion Blur: Off, On
Object Motion Blur:
Off, On

General

Graphics Quality:
Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Texture Streaming: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Anisotropic Filtering: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
Material Quality: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Shadows: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Draw Distance: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Environment Texture Detail: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Environment Detail: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Terrain Detail: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Foliage Detail: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Character Texture Detail: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Character Detail: Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Ambient Occlusion:
Low, Medium, High, Ultra
Volumetric Fog:
Off, Medium, High, Ultra
Screen Space Reflections: Off, Medium, High, Ultra

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm slightly above minimum with my 960 and 4690k, I guess that's 1080p 60 on medium? It doesn't specify anything other than minim being 1080 but I'm assuming that isn't 1080 30 since my card can run a lot of modern games at 1080 60 medium

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
What are the chances of some of the effect options are available on console? Motion blur and FoV?

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there is enough options to play with to fine tune the performance you need , so thats good . Install size wise... its a hefty one .

Last edited:

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How would that even work in a cel shaded game?

edit: nevermind, i'm an idiot lol
I know you edited it and I know cel shading is used as a catch all for cartoony graphics, but BL is the complete opposite of cel shading. Cel shading uses little to no shading to make 3D objects look flat. BL uses a fuck ton of shading. It's like calling Metroid a Metroidvania, which it clearly isn't, but it is the catch all phrase.

/end old man rant.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I can't wait to play this! The game looks offer a comprehensive list of settings to adjust to your desire, this is great!

Although it's a shame that there's seemingly no successor to the PhysX implementations used in Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel, they were really cool!

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. I just wish it wasn't on the Epic Game Store. It would be nice to have achievements and such. It's a bummer playing Control on that program right now.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I can't wait to play this!

It's a shame that in Borderlands 3, there's seemingly no successor to the PhysX implementations used in Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel.
Similar hardware accelerated physics support is included in UE4 and every modern game engine. It won't be called 'PhysX' but similar effects will be around.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The recommended are my exact specs. Hope that means 60fps, the list doesn't exactly specify.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
Awesome to know. If I pick this up it will definitely be on PC for that sweet 60+FPS.

Anyone know the framerate target for Consoles?

Decided on getting console to play with friends. From what I've read they're targeting 1080p30 and Pro and X run at 4k30 or 1080p60. Not sure if officially confirmed, could have been rumour.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
hope my 8350 and GTX 970 can handle thins at 1080p@60fps

Edit: Lol, just read it tha the recommended specs is for 1440p i ll be fine

at least disabling the black lines ll give a good performance boost like bl and bl2

Last edited:

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GTX 970 am cry.

I'm probably due for an upgrade in 1.5-2.5 years once new consoles are out and the RTX line has a bit more time to mature and reliably turn in rock solid 1080p60.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Might get "pretty enough at 1080/60" on both my desktop and my laptop, so now I just need EGS cross-save to work well.

Awesome to know. If I pick this up it will definitely be on PC for that sweet 60+FPS.

Anyone know the framerate target for Consoles?

Supposedly 60fps performance mode (1080p I guess?) and 30fps graphics mode on Pro/X. I don't remember where I read this though.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
GTX 970 am cry.

I'm probably due for an upgrade in 1.5-2.5 years once new consoles are out and the RTX line has a bit more time to mature and reliably turn in rock solid 1080p60.
We ll be fine, ll ran better than PS4 pro at 1440p

Note that in this video he has PhysX is on ultra, if was on Low the performance would be much better and stable

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
75 GB without preload, well, I'll play two days after release, at best :/
I may use some of my 4G data to speed things up but ADSL in my new home is low at the moment, waiting for fiber :(

EDIT : and of course it releases on a Friday so I'll have to spend the whole weekend downloading and be able to play only on Sunday or even Monday..
EDIT 2 : hopefully the game is well compressed and effective download size is lower. Control downloaded 23 GB but takes 35 GB or so on my SSD.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Similar hardware accelerated physics support is included in UE4 and every modern game engine. It won't be called 'PhysX' but similar effects will be around.

I know, I work with Unreal Engine 4. I mean hardware accelerated physics on the level of what was found in the previous games.
Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel have physics simulations of fluid and destructible cloth, there's also other hardware accelerated effects such as (Debris from weapon fire) which is something that can be performed in Unreal Engine 4's current version of PhysX by utilizing GPU particles.

I was just pointing out that from what I have seen so far from Borderlands 3 is that it lacks a variety of these effects that were found in the previous games, mainly fluid simulations and debris from weapon fire.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Man I hate that I'll never get to see a better implementation of the Physx stuff in BL2.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Excellent, my 980ti, 4790k, 16GB RAM still fine at 1440p.

:)

Epic store or not, I'm getting this on PC.

This is what I wanted know! Same specs as you. Thanks!

My PC does seem to run most things fine now, but it's louder than it's been in the past, seems it's being pushed to the limits more now, and I can't handle max settings as much anymore, so was a bit concerned whether BL3 will cause this. Still possible, but I'm not sure I'd say BL3 is more intensive than Shadow of the tomb raider, which really did push my PC to being loud ha.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I can still do 1440p60 on most titles that aren't Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Metro Exodus

Next card'll probably be the XX80Ti Nvidia releases next year
Word. Yea, I upgraded in large part because I'm on 3440x1440 which is almost 4K in terms of power demand, and at 120Hz, along with VR. A 2080Ti was the only viable option for me.

I loved my 980Ti. Got me through Nier Automata, years of Dota 2, Elite: Dangerous, and so on.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
75gb Holy shit.

But I'm happy that my PC is exactly the recommended settings for this

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
No RTX or PhysX is a damn shame.

PhysX actually looked great in Borderlands 2 and made the fights feel more dynamic in a way.