• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
on an rtx 2080 and i7 8700k

dx11 gives me higher fps compared to dx12 (by about 5-6 on average id say)
BUT
dx11 is a microstuttery mess, even with gsync. Dx12 on the other hand is much smoother. Not perfect, but its a significant improvement. I also havent experienced any crashes on either mode (I played at least 5 hours on both)

however, the dx12 mode did introduce some weird moments where my game would turn into a slide show (like 1-2 second long pauses). Usually only lasts a couple of minutes and its rare, but it does happen. Never had that in dx11

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
The variability with DX11 and DX12 performance in this thread alone is wild, and doesn't even seem to line up with specific hardware configurations either. I've seen multiple people with the same card say completely different things about their experience with DX12.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
For me;

DX11 = More stutters/hitches (not frequent)
DX12 = Stutters gone but framepacing is an issue (Dishonored 2 style).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I like to play with max FOV for maximum visibility. Is it normal to have things on your periphery of your screen stretched out/distorted horizontally? It's kind of like a fish-eye effect, but no rounding. Just horizontal stretching.

--

Also, I just tried running the in-game benchmark and got these results. Can anyone savvier tell me if I should be getting better performance given my rig?:

BenchmarkResults 2019-09-15_18-48-47
- FramesPerSecondAvg: 56.86
- FrameTimeMsAvg: 17.59

- Version: Build 18362
GraphicsAPI: D3D11
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
- PhysicalCores: 4
- LogicalCores: 4
RAM: 16304.65 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
- VRAM: 5980 / 0 / 8153 MB (Dedicated / System / Shared)
- DriverVersion: 436.30 (Internal: 26.21.14.3630, Unified: 436.30)
- DriverDate: 9-5-2019
ScreenResolution: 2560x1080
RenderResolution: 2560x1080
ScreenPercentage: 100
HDR: Off

GameUserSettings
- FullscreenMode: Fullscreen
- UseVSync: 1
- PreferredMonitor: GSM76F9
- bPrimaryIsPreferredMonitor: 1
- PreferredRefreshRate: 0
- StatsLevel: 1
- FPSLimit: Capped60FPS
- FPSLimitCustom: 144
- GfxQuality-Override: Undefined
- GfxQuality-Recommended: Medium
- GfxQuality: Badass
- TextureStreaming: Ultra
- MaterialQuality: Medium
- Aniso: SixteenX
- Shadows: Ultra
- EnvTexDetail: Ultra
- DrawDistance: Ultra
- EnvironmentDetail: Ultra
- Terrain: Ultra
- Foliage: Ultra
- CharTexDetail: Ultra
- CharDetail: Ultra
- CAS: 1
- CameraBlur: 1
- ObjectBlur: 1
- AA: Temporal
- VolumetricFog: Medium
- SSR: Ultra
- AO: Ultra
I'm surprised you're not used to it already or know about it, if you like to play games at max FoV. It's normal because you are basically trying to display 110 degrees of vision on a flat panel.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing on ultra settings (vol fog medium) on a 2080 at 1440p with decent performance. Doesn't seem to drop below 70. But, everything in the distance is so freaking blurry. It seems to be the AA, particularly Temporal. It's actually causing me eye strain, like my character needs glasses.

Turn TAA off for this game. Borderlands is a rare case where the game actually benefits from less AA

Ridebird

Nov 23, 2017
For me;

DX11 = More stutters/hitches (not frequent)
DX12 = Stutters gone but framepacing is an issue (Dishonored 2 style).
I don't have framepacing issues on DX12, but rather occasional spikes in frametime from time to time, mostly sorted with locking framerate.

Dishonored 2 is a crime. That game should be locked up. That frametime/pacing is all over the place in locked 60 FPS vsync - its just never stops fucking going all over the place. Not seeing anything near as criminal here, and Dishonored 2 is by far the worst game in this aspect I've ever played.

I've played a lot with frametime graph and while I have some slight oscillations and bumps by 1 or so ms its mostly locked (which is a bit annoying to me, but likely fine for most people not stupidly sensitive like me). Running locked FPS via RTSS. If you're running gsync I highly recommend locking with RTSS, cause with variable framerate you will see borderline Dishonored 2 problems.

HOWEVER, I am seeing weird judder/stutter/weirdness somewhat.. Very slight, and not noticeable as frametiming issues (so also not verifiable, meaning I might be seeing shit). Here is where I would suspect Denuvo fuckery.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
on an rtx 2080 and i7 8700k

dx11 gives me higher fps compared to dx12 (by about 5-6 on average id say)
BUT
dx11 is a microstuttery mess, even with gsync. Dx12 on the other hand is much smoother. Not perfect, but its a significant improvement. I also havent experienced any crashes on either mode (I played at least 5 hours on both)

however, the dx12 mode did introduce some weird moments where my game would turn into a slide show (like 1-2 second long pauses). Usually only lasts a couple of minutes and its rare, but it does happen. Never had that in dx11

Yup, that's me right there with the same setup (8700K & RTX 2080 combo). Game is fine now on DX12 but I have to do without Gsync since it doesn't work at all for this game on my rig. I've already did a clean installed of the lastest Nvidia driver.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GTX 970 + Intel 4790K.

Runs like complete ass at 1080p with a mix of medium and high settings. Barely holds 60fps most of the time and then there's the constant stuttering and frame pacing. Audio mixing is a mess, some sounds are absurdly loud while dialogue has massive reverb unless I'm looking directly at the speaker.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised you're not used to it already or know about it, if you like to play games at max FoV. It's normal because you are basically trying to display 110 degrees of vision on a flat panel.
I've definitely noticed it in other games. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something in general that I could avoid somehow. I've never thought to ask about it. Ha

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly be real happy with the game if the issue with frame rate dropping every time you zoom with a weapon went away. It's just so crucial to gameplay, moment-to-moment.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have framepacing issues on DX12, but rather occasional spikes in frametime from time to time, mostly sorted with locking framerate.

Dishonored 2 is a crime. That game should be locked up. That frametime/pacing is all over the place in locked 60 FPS vsync - its just never stops fucking going all over the place. Not seeing anything near as criminal here, and Dishonored 2 is by far the worst game in this aspect I've ever played.

I've played a lot with frametime graph and while I have some slight oscillations and bumps by 1 or so ms its mostly locked (which is a bit annoying to me, but likely fine for most people not stupidly sensitive like me). Running locked FPS via RTSS. If you're running gsync I highly recommend locking with RTSS, cause with variable framerate you will see borderline Dishonored 2 problems.

HOWEVER, I am seeing weird judder/stutter/weirdness somewhat.. Very slight, and not noticeable as frametiming issues (so also not verifiable, meaning I might be seeing shit). Here is where I would suspect Denuvo fuckery.

I have mine capped at 100fps which I believe should result in a 10ms frame time. Even though the frame rate is not dipping below 100fps the frame time is varying anything from 8ms -11ms. To test it i just stand still and move the mouse around a bit. I will try and do an off screen recording when I get home.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So ummm yes, just delete the intro movie for fast DX12 loading according to r/borderlands.
It's not really faster, the "Claptrap dance" is replaced by an actual loading screen, doing so only skips the unskippable videos so you still gain some time but can't avoid DX12 shaders compilation.

I'll now play in DX12 as I'm getting too much drops because of the CPU limits, in DX12 it stays at 60 (or else in DX11 I have to put my TV in 50 Hz but cutscenes are capped to 30 so there's judder).

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
Turn TAA off for this game. Borderlands is a rare case where the game actually benefits from less AA
Thanks. I completely turned off AA and that removed almost all of the blurriness. It really was like my character was nearsighted and needed glasses (I know because that's exactly how it looks when I don't wear my glasses/contacts). I'm not a fan of that approach to AA, blurring everything in the mid to far distance.

I had a weird experience near the start of the game when I walked up to the large front doors of a fort, and it was like the textures never streamed in. I was standing directly in front of the door and it was completely blurry. After experimenting with a few settings, it was the Object Detail Blur that was causing it to be blurry. Once I turned it off the door looked fine. Something is wonky with how object detail blur is working, at least with my config.

DX12 seems to perform better for my config, but I did experience one crash during a 20-30 minutes session after blowing up a bandit vehicle. It feels smoother than DX11, but the increase to the initial loading time is brutal.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Some Torgue weapons cause stutters, particularly this pistol that fires a rocket and is surrounded by 3 small rockets that orbit the bigger rocket.
Anytime I fire it, there's a slight stutter when it comes out of the pistol.....very odd point for a game to stutter.

I've played for about 10-15 hours on Dx12 now, only 1 crash and that happened while I was taking a break and had my game paused in sanctuary so it's cool.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was anyone else having weird sound location issues on pc? Like audio direction was messed up? Like with NPCs I could only hear them if I stood to the side of them and faced away. If I moved away more than like 10 feet in-game I couldn't hear them talk anymore.

Either way, I'm using Steelseries Arctis 7s and I actually enabled 7.1 surround in the Steelseries software and now my audio is perfect. No more fading out or weird directional stuff. Didn't change anything in game. Now all of my other games are fucked up so I need to swap the setting...but it's working OK in BL3 at least.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Was anyone else having weird sound location issues on pc? Like audio direction was messed up? Like with NPCs I could only hear them if I stood to the side of them and faced away. If I moved away more than like 10 feet in-game I couldn't hear them talk anymore.

Either way, I'm using Steelseries Arctis 7s and I actually enabled 7.1 surround in the Steelseries software and now my audio is perfect. No more fading out or weird directional stuff. Didn't change anything in game. Now all of my other games are fucked up so I need to swap the setting...but it's working OK in BL3 at least.
Well the audio is suppose to switch to radio once you move a certain distance. However in this game there is indeed something wrong with the audio in that you'll start missing them for a split second or two, especially during transitions.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I have an i7-6700k, overclocked GTX 1080, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung SSD, G-Sync monitor and no matter what res or settings I use the game never feels smooth. I notice it most when entering new areas, sometime quickly hopping in/out of menus, but especially with scenes with lots of alpha effects, zooming in on certain weapons, or really quick camera turns It doesn't matter whether I'm getting 120+ fps or 40's it just doesn't feel right the majority of the time. It's really a bummer.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

Getting some stutters, and maybe DX12 can fix that. Otherwise, performance is great on my Ryzen 9 3900x/Vega 56 machine. 1440p, with the settings above.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
has anyone been able to actually figure out wtf material complexity changes?

Sails

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't test it for more than 5 minutes since I have no time at the moment through getting decent performance seems to boil down to the following:

- Set Material Complexion no higher than Medium
- Set Volumetric Fog no higher than Medium
- Disable Flow Control Guard for Borderlands 3 in Windows Exploit Protection
- Disable the in-game FPS limiter and use MSI Afterburner / RivaTuner to cap the FPS

Then you should be able to max everything else out and have the issues greatly minimized atleast.
I did the first three of these on DX12 and it seemed to bring it down to just some minor microstutter/frame pacing issues when spinning the camera and looking at vending machines closely. I then tried setting it to Unlimited FPS in game, 120FPS cap in Riva, VSync on, closed EGS, and now FINALLY my performance is good.

I love modern gaming.

Edit: BUT OF COURSE! Zooming in or out of scopes now causes significant frame drops for a few seconds each time.

Last edited:

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
So, no DSR options in the game, which seems odd. Checked settings and they're on.
Crashes I've had are nearly always in the menu. Around 3 now in 20hrs I guess. Sometimes it closes ESG too. On my desktop stutter is gone (maybe a tad so I'll check) but on my laptop it was fixed when I went offline, which isn't ideal.
Using scopes is still an issue.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I did the first three of these on DX12 and it seemed to bring it down to just some minor microstutter/frame pacing issues when spinning the camera and looking at vending machines closely. I then tried setting it to Unlimited FPS in game, 120FPS cap in Riva, VSync on, closed EGS, and now FINALLY my performance is good.

I love modern gaming.

Edit: BUT OF COURSE! Zooming in or out of scopes now causes significant frame drops for a few seconds each time.

Hmm try how you fare with DX11 now. I switched to DX11 after I noticed my framerate was around 20fps higher on average (which is pretty important to me with 144hz G-sync) and I have no scoping issues.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Setting view distance to low is the only thing that made my frames feel smooth.

It makes me think the game has a problem with asset streaming or object culling.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Yo shoutout to whoever posted a bit ago that on their oled they set capped frames to 120 but turned on v sync so your locked at 60. Feels smoother than when I had capped frames at 60. My oled appreciates the tip =)

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I locked game at 60 but I'll try the above tip tonight, because it's not a perfect steady 60.

Also, I'm around 51 fps when at the prison on Eden 6 (Anvil I think it's named) despite keeping the 60 fps almost perfectly everywhere else.
Am I the only one ? Got i7 9700K + 2080

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
My freaking game crashes all the time. I tested everything:

- DX11 vs DX12
- Fullscreen, Windowed, Borderless
- Reinstalling
- With and without the newest Nvidia Game Ready Driver
- High and low Settings
- Set priority on high
- Windows Firefall and Antivirus

Sometimes after one hour, sometimes after ten minutes.
Also, I think there is a higher chance the game crashes when a lot is going on. Especially when activating Moze Bear skill, the game crashes almost everytime the moment I activate the skill.

1080ti

Meh.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
My freaking game crashes all the time. I tested everything:

- DX11 vs DX12
- Fullscreen, Windowed, Borderless
- Reinstalling
- With and without the newest Nvidia Game Ready Driver
- High and low Settings
- Set priority on high
- Windows Firefall and Antivirus

Sometimes after one hour, sometimes after ten minutes.
Also, I think there is a higher chance the game crashes when a lot is going on. Especially when activating Moze Bear skill, the game crashes almost everytime the moment I activate the skill.

1080ti

Meh.
I've had a few random crashes today in both DX11 and DX12, more than usual but I am getting further into the game. 2080ti i5 8600k.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yo shoutout to whoever posted a bit ago that on their oled they set capped frames to 120 but turned on v sync so your locked at 60. Feels smoother than when I had capped frames at 60. My oled appreciates the tip =)
Does playing a game with as many static UI elements as this make you nervous about image retention on your OLED? I'm asking because I've specifically avoided playing this on my C8 for that very reason.

Oct 28, 2017
Does playing a game with as many static UI elements as this make you nervous about image retention on your OLED? I'm asking because I've specifically avoided playing this on my C8 for that very reason.

I was just coming in to write something about this - the static elements are fine, but with HDR on the neon elements in map designs and on vending machines give me a heart attack sometimes. Even looking at them for 5 seconds can leave image retention spots for a little while.

Nothing permanent obviously, but it's still scary every time it happens.

Edit: To clarify, the static elements are fine because the HDR options have a UI brightness slider, which is great.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna try DX12 tonight since it improves things for a lot of people, but I can't wait 10-30 mins for that shit to load. People say to delete the intro movie to hasten the load. Is that right?

Also, I'm on a 21:9 monitor and still get that brutal playback bug for all cutscenes where the left and ride sides are cropped off (ironic, considering the cutscenes are 16:9, lol) and the image is off centre. It looks fucking terrible.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I wanna try DX12 tonight since it improves things for a lot of people, but I can't wait 10-30 mins for that shit to load. People say to delete the intro movie to hasten the load. Is that right?

In my experience, some loading is done while the movies are playing. On DX11 dancing Claptrap almost completed one cycle before going into the menu. After I renamed the movies, it takes around 2.5 cycles instead.

Didn't measure it in DX12 because it already takes 10 minutes of dancing Claptrap for it to open (without the movies), so who cares how long it takes with them playing.

Oct 28, 2017
After a lot of experimentation, I think I've found the best settings to pretty much eliminate the stutter (at 60 FPS):
  • DX12
  • RTSS cap at 90 FPS
  • In-game cap at 60 FPS
  • In-game VSync On
Introduces a little bit of input lag, but I'll take it to be rid of the erratic stuttering in combat.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I finaly solved all stuttering by disabeling windows exploit protection. I hope that helps some of you.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What's the smartest way to speed up the DX12 load? It's unbearably long for me. I've never even seen the end of it.
I can't even find where BL3 is installed on my PC to make file edits....help, I'm a layman.

I finaly solved all stuttering by disabeling windows exploit protection. I hope that helps some of you.
Gonna give this a shot right now.

edit-
It...seems a bit better? Definitely still present on my end, sadly. Gonna try other solutions with this now.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
After a lot of experimentation, I think I've found the best settings to pretty much eliminate the stutter (at 60 FPS):
  • DX12
  • RTSS cap at 90 FPS
  • In-game cap at 60 FPS
  • In-game VSync On
Introduces a little bit of input lag, but I'll take it to be rid of the erratic stuttering in combat.

RTSS?

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
What's the smartest way to speed up the DX12 load? It's unbearably long for me. I've never even seen the end of it.
I can't even find where BL3 is installed on my PC to make file edits....help, I'm a layman.

Gonna give this a shot right now.

edit-
It...seems a bit better? Definitely still present on my end, sadly. Gonna try other solutions with this now.

I also unpluged my second monitor, so maybe that fixed it.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis

I have played literally hundreds of hours of Overwatch which burned in on my Panasonic plasma. I have a 65C7 now and have never even had a hint of IR let alone burn in. I don't have brightness cranked to the max or anything but I never think twice about playing whatever, for however long I want.

I know it's a thing that some people have experienced but I've never seen even the smallest amount.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gone 28 hours without a single crash. My PC must be magic.

Also, I'm on a 21:9 monitor and still get that brutal playback bug for all cutscenes where the left and ride sides are cropped off (ironic, considering the cutscenes are 16:9, lol) and the image is off centre. It looks fucking terrible.
I thought DX12 was horrible for this game.

Also,.disable sharpening to fix the cutscenes.

Last edited:

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Fairly decent run, maybe 6 hours before crash (DX11) can't remember precisely the error something like pure virtual function (?). But it's still too often.
I don't get the judder on my desktop (2080ti) but my laptop did until I went offline.
Performance is good (hitting 100fps 90% of the time) and my settings are a mixture of High and Ultra @3440x1440 with 3 things at Medium - Materials, AO and SSR.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, a lot of you have 2080s. Was there some kind of deal or do people routinely spend north of $1k on video cards, damn.

Rivatuner Statistics Server, an add-on/complimentary overlay to go with MSI Afterburner.

I'm so new to the world of overclocking. Read up a bit tonight. Learned a few things. Learned about frame timing, frame pacing, etc. and how RTSS smoothes things out considerably. Had a better time with the game for most of the evening. Fuck does it ever need a patch though. Man. Is it normal for PC games to be released in a semi broken state like this?

Also, lol at how (despite all the improvements and tweaks) the Meridian area during Hostile Takeover goes to shit, performance-wise. Yikes.

I've gone 28 hours without a single crash. My PC must be magic.

I thought DX12 was horrible for this game.

Also,.disable sharpening to fix the cutscenes.

FidelityFX Sharpening? Will try. Thanks!

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I will try disabling windows exploit protection to see if I can remove the last of the stuttering.

Is anyone else playing with AA turned off? I found both options made distant objects far too blurry.
Next time I can play I might try scaling higher than 100% and see how well it holds up.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm try how you fare with DX11 now. I switched to DX11 after I noticed my framerate was around 20fps higher on average (which is pretty important to me with 144hz G-sync) and I have no scoping issues.

Does Gsync kick in running the game on DX11? On my rig it only works correctly choosing DX12. This is wild though, so many different reports. I initally thought DX12 was borked but it's the definitive way to play, no amount of fine tuning gets rid of the insane judder/stuttering in DX11. DX12 is smooth.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Does Gsync kick in running the game on DX11? On my rig it only works correctly choosing DX12. This is wild though, so many different reports. I initally thought DX12 was borked but it's the definitive way to play, no amount of fine tuning gets rid of the insane judder/stuttering in DX11. DX12 is smooth.

Oh right I forgot about this part, it's pretty funny because initially G-Sync wasn't working for me so just to test I set the game to "Windowed" which for whatever reason produced a borderless, fullscreen window and let G-Sync kick in.

Honestly it seems I lucked out because I played 4 hours with friends yesterday and haven't noticed a single issue, it was smooth sailing across the board save for 20 seconds or so after I joined their game where the game stuttered and then stabilized.

My config:

- DX11
- Everything maxed out sans Volumetric Fog and Material Complexion which are both on Medium
- 1080p 144hz Windowed Mode which somehow produces Windowed Fullscreen
- V-Sync and ingame FPS limiter off
- G-Sync enabled
- RTSS caps my framerate globally at 140fps
- I disabled the startup movies
- I renamed the Claptrap loading video
- I set the game to English via the command line
- I launch the game through Steam
- I disabled Flow Guard Control for BL3 in Windows Exploit settings
- My Windows 10 still has an auto Standby List Cleaner running every 5 minutes

My System:

- i5 8600k @ 4.4ghz
- GTX 1070 overclocked to 1950mhz with +500mhz on the memory
- 16gb 3000mhz RAM
- MSI Optix MAG 241CR FreeSync Monitor running in G-Sync Compatibility Mode
- Nvidia 436.30 WHQL Game Ready Driver
- Windows 10 1903
- the game is running off of a 7200rpm Toshiba P300 HDD
- I have a dedicated Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound-card

I tried to list everything that could help others. DX12 gives me 20fps less on average and crashed frequently with 4 minute and more loading times, like this I run between 80-110fps and have no issues.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh right I forgot about this part, it's pretty funny because initially G-Sync wasn't working for me so just to test I set the game to "Windowed" which for whatever reason produced a borderless, fullscreen window and let G-Sync kick in.

Honestly it seems I lucked out because I played 4 hours with friends yesterday and haven't noticed a single issue, it was smooth sailing across the board save for 20 seconds or so after I joined their game where the game stuttered and then stabilized.

My config:

- DX11
- Everything maxed out sans Volumetric Fog and Material Complexion which are both on Medium
- 1080p 144hz Windowed Mode which somehow produces Windowed Fullscreen
- V-Sync and ingame FPS limiter off
- G-Sync enabled
- RTSS caps my framerate globally at 140fps
- I disabled the startup movies
- I renamed the Claptrap loading video
- I set the game to English via the command line
- I launch the game through Steam
- I disabled Flow Guard Control for BL3 in Windows Exploit settings
- My Windows 10 still has an auto Standby List Cleaner running every 5 minutes

My System:

- i5 8600k @ 4.4ghz
- GTX 1070 overclocked to 1950mhz with +500mhz on the memory
- 16gb 3000mhz RAM
- MSI Optix MAG 241CR FreeSync Monitor running in G-Sync Compatibility Mode
- Nvidia 436.30 WHQL Game Ready Driver
- Windows 10 1903
- the game is running off of a 7200rpm Toshiba P300 HDD
- I have a dedicated Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound-card

I tried to list everything that could help others. DX12 gives me 20fps less on average and crashed frequently with 4 minute and more loading times, like this I run between 80-110fps and have no issues.

I'm on a i7 8700K with an RTX2080 and the game is installed on an SSD. I didn't mess with Flow Guard Control or other stuff like that but rest is pretty identical to you except that I put my Gsync in Nvidia panel only to be work in fullscreen and I need to set the game in DX12 for it to work, if I use Gsync in DX11 be it Full Screen, or Borderless Window Screen, there is some sort of constant slowdown/judder rendering the game unplayable... the frames are up there but it totally translates visually. I never use RTSS (though I've tried for this game) cause there's no need to cap the frames when 144fps is never reached at 1440p.

Borderlands 2 runs ultra smooth (without physx) and never had to cap my framerate either. Hoping they put out a patch though to resolve those issues, for now I do with the initial load which takes about a little over a minute.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a i7 8700K with an RTX2080 and the game is installed on an SSD. I didn't mess with Flow Guard Control or other stuff like that but rest is pretty identical to you except that I put my Gsync in Nvidia panel only to be work in fullscreen and I need to set the game in DX12 for it to work, if I use Gsync in DX11 be it Full Screen, or Borderless Window Screen, there is some sort of constant slowdown/judder rendering the game unplayable... the frames are up there but it totally translates visually. I never use RTSS (though I've tried for this game) cause there's no need to cap the frames when 144fps is never reached at 1440p.

Borderlands 2 runs ultra smooth (without physx) and never had to cap my framerate either. Hoping they put out a patch though to resolve those issues, for now I do with the initial load which takes about a little over a minute.

Interesting how our experiences differ so much despite not doing too many things different. All I can suggest, disable Flow Control Guard, I heard it has a pretty big impact on all DX12 games.