• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
TVHM isn't that much better for legendary and anointment drops compared to normal from what I've seen.

It seems to me that the only difference is regarding elemental weakness/resistance of enemies.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. May just bump back down to Normal and go M4 then. I'm really happy to have finally found what I think is a good build that fits my play style. Before, couldn't get through 2 rounds of Slaughterstar 3000 or the first area of the Takedown. Now, can easily solo SS3K and am going up against Wotan. My Deathless and The Duc/Juliet's Dazzle combo is destroying everything I come across. But, I'm still farming to get a Cutsman since I've heard it can help in the Wotan fight.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
PS_Messages_20200121_160313.jpg

😮

My FL4K fade away build is almost complete

Just need a better Last Stand artifact and maybe a different anointed grenade and I'm good

After spending a decent amount of time with each character at endgame I've gotta say my ranking for well designed/most fun goes something like Amara> FL4K = Zane> Moze

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Trying to farm for annointed Lucian's Call is such a drag. Running through Slaughterstar 3000 takes a while and then you're lucky if you even get a couple legendary drops the whole time, let alone that particular gun from the blue boss.

I love Lucian's Call for my FL4K. Crushes mobs in combination with his skills. I know Jakobs guns do more damage, but I honestly can't use them much because constantly pulling the trigger ends up hurting my hand.
Are you on PS4?
PS_Messages_20200121_160313.jpg

😮

My FL4K fade away build is almost complete

Just need a better Last Stand artifact and maybe a different anointed grenade and I'm good

After spending a decent amount of time with each character at endgame I've gotta say my ranking for well designed/most fun goes something like Amara> FL4K = Zane> Moze
I have this exact same Maggie and it absolutely destroys on Mayhem 4.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Trying to farm for annointed Lucian's Call is such a drag. Running through Slaughterstar 3000 takes a while and then you're lucky if you even get a couple legendary drops the whole time, let alone that particular gun from the blue boss.

I love Lucian's Call for my FL4K. Crushes mobs in combination with his skills. I know Jakobs guns do more damage, but I honestly can't use them much because constantly pulling the trigger ends up hurting my hand.

What anointment are you looking to get? I may have an extra Lucian's Call in my Bank. I'm on Xbox One, FYI.

Also, man, the loot drop rates in this game are all kinds of messed up. Farming Graveward. Fight him three times. First two times he doesn't drop any Legendaries. Third time, he drops 7. All crap Legendaries, but still...

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
What anointment are you looking to get? I may have an extra Lucian's Call in my Bank. I'm on Xbox One, FYI.

Also, man, the loot drop rates in this game are all kinds of messed up. Farming Graveward. Fight him three times. First two times he doesn't drop any Legendaries. Third time, he drops 7. All crap Legendaries, but still...
Thanks, I'm PS4 however.

The weird thing is Graveward seems to have a much higher upper threshold on loot than so many other bosses. So many others a 'good' result ends with 2 or 3 legendaries, while that's pretty average for Graveward.

Any particular anointment you're looking for? I have a cryo with lifesteal anoint, a corrosive with a stackable damage & reload speed on kill anoint, and an incendiary with 50% bonus fire damage on action skill end anoint.
I have a solid cryo one with the 1% bonus on consecutive hits, but haven't any annointments for corrosive or incendiary except for airborne which doesn't do a whole lot. I'd be happy with almost any of the 'when action skill ends' damage bonus ones. Really anything that increases gun damage or status effect damage would be a solid level up for my build.

I'd hate to take anything you might find useful to have, however, especially since it's a relatively rare weapon drop.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Thanks, I'm PS4 however.

The weird thing is Graveward seems to have a much higher upper threshold on loot than so many other bosses. So many others a 'good' result ends with 2 or 3 legendaries, while that's pretty average for Graveward.

I have a solid cryo one with the 1% bonus on consecutive hits, but haven't any annointments for corrosive or incendiary except for airborne which doesn't do a whole lot. I'd be happy with almost any of the 'when action skill ends' damage bonus ones. Really anything that increases gun damage or status effect damage would be a solid level up for my build.

I'd hate to take anything you might find useful to have, however, especially since it's a relatively rare weapon drop.
Nah, it's fine. I don't use them much. Plus, I can just dupe them. Add me on PSN. I'm IllustriousGuest. Let me know when you want them.

And yeah, almost all of my legendaries have come from Graveward. Like 90% of them. I've been farming it with Fl4k on Mayhem 4 with ease.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Thanks, I'm PS4 however.

Bummer. Hope you're able to get one soon.

FYI, I did this awhile back when the game first game out but I'm putting together a Google Sheet to list all of my Legendaries that I have available to trade for or for free. I'll post a link once it's complete (I got a looooooooooot to pull in the list).

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus I killed Borman Nates for almost 2 hours tonight and got not a single Cutsman. Hell I only got like 6 legendaries the entire run and I was on Mayhem 3 almost the entire time.

Absurd.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Jesus I killed Borman Nates for almost 2 hours tonight and got not a single Cutsman. Hell I only got like 6 legendaries the entire run and I was on Mayhem 3 almost the entire time.

Absurd.

Man, same boat. I farmed him for three hours and didn't get a Cutsman. And, I probably only got 2 Legendaries out of it. Just went back to farming El Dragon Jr and Graveward. Sigh.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017

Absurd.

if you or Korean BBQ are on ps4, pm me. I have x2 cutsman with same shock elemental damage. Glad to kick down one. Either of you have a Lucians Call? We could trade.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
The drop rates overall have been kind've disappointing. Seeing more anointed stuff, sure, but as far as specific items from bosses and shit it's been rather lame.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you or Korean BBQ are on ps4, pm me. I have x2 cutsman with same shock elemental damage. Glad to kick down one. Either of you have a Lucians Call? We could trade.

I'm on PS4 and I believe I have a fire Lucians Call I'm not using. I'm not sure how good the stats are on it but I used it for a long time before replacing it with a corrosive one. I'll PM you tonight if I have a chance to play.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017

Thanks for the offer. If anyone out there on XBONE has a Cutsman and is feeling kind and generous...hit me up.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Finally got my first recurring hex after all this time...but unfortunately with no anointment. Still, I'm happy, and it's radiation, which I was hoping for. Got it from Graveward. I'd farmed the Skybullies for a good while and couldn't get anything.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Not much in this week's hotfix, sligjt gamma burst buff.
Gamma burst shmamma burst, until the pets themselves get more buffs and the skags and non scorcher spiderant can actually proc frenzy at a reliable rate and attack command isn't useless and they don't always run into Wotan's shield and Dominate isn't trash I'll continue to ignore the master tree

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh they buffed proving ground rewards, neat

Slight buff only but still hopefully it leads to the chests actually dropping legendaries at a reliable rate on m3 and m4

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Just want to say if anyone from Gearbox reads this thread, piss off for making Maliwan impossible to enjoy.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Third phase with the two shield where enemies can shoot out of it but you have to get in it, bad design imo.
The game is replete with bullshit mechanics to increase the difficulty. I realize its impossible to make the AI play fair and have it be fun but jesus, there are a lot of crutches for the AI in this game.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say if anyone from Gearbox reads this thread, piss off for making Maliwan impossible to enjoy.

And I'd like to say if anyone from Gearbox is reading this, thanks for making Maliwan fun as hell and that I look forward to more "raids" or whatever you want to label these.

But seriously, third phase is fine. As someone else pointed out, brainstormer does work on this event in general and especially helps on the boss. Give it a try if you haven't.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Third phase with the two shield where enemies can shoot out of it but you have to get in it, bad design imo.
Eh his shield goes down super fast in that stage so I never really minded it.

The only one I have trouble on is when the clear area to shoot him at is so small and you have to go up to the lifts. Iron Bear can't actually go up them so it was not fun at all for my Moze.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The game is replete with bullshit mechanics to increase the difficulty. I realize its impossible to make the AI play fair and have it be fun but jesus, there are a lot of crutches for the AI in this game.
Maybe I'm just forever scared by BL2 raid bosses but I think Wotan, the Valkyries and Haunt are/were pretty great fights.

Really the only endgame boss fight I don't like is Troy because his immune phases are so much more pronounced when you're playing against him again in M4 and it completely kills the pacing. He's not hard just overly long.

Also think the Rampager's immune phases need to be sped up a ton.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
No part of Wotan felt like bullshit, even before the scaling. Me and my friend got to the third phase before the adjustment happened

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
I'm still getting killed on his last form. The stupid part that flies around and just pummels you with rockets is giving me a headache. But, I FINALLY got my Shock Cutsman, which is making all the previous phases much, much easier.

But, running into a weird bug. I'm running a Deathless/Desperate Measures build. I have an artifact that imbues my slides with fire. If I ever slide, though, the moment I stop I got into FFYL, as if the fire is somehow hitting me and killing my 1HP.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm still getting killed on his last form. The stupid part that flies around and just pummels you with rockets is giving me a headache. But, I FINALLY got my Shock Cutsman, which is making all the previous phases much, much easier.

But, running into a weird bug. I'm running a Deathless/Desperate Measures build. I have an artifact that imbues my slides with fire. If I ever slide, though, the moment I stop I got into FFYL, as if the fire is somehow hitting me and killing my 1HP.
Check if the artifact drains your shield do damage with the slide, I know of them do that

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, finally happened. I regret buying physical instead of digital lmao. Even if the steelbook is one of the best

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
yessssssssssssss got my transformer shield with movement speed buff for zane, finally. done with killavolt farming, on to the next!

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Haha, I hate this game sometimes. Farmed Traunt for like an hour hoping to get a better roll on my Maggie. Got one to drop. Had the exact same stats as the one I already have. Ughhhhhhhh.

Unrelated, anyone on Xbox One have a spare Bloodletter? Looking for one that has both Desperate Measures and Thin Red Line (or both and Phalanx Doctrine).

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3

, which will be live on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC by 3:00 PM PST. This hotfix activates the Rare Chest Riches event, addresses drop rates, and implements permanent scaling for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite
! To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says "Hotfixes Applied"! If these hotfixes are not applied, you will not benefit from the changes! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Activate the Rare Chest Riches event, running until February 13
  • Increased the chance to receive Legendary loot from red car truck chests
  • Addressed a reported issue that the player could sometimes rise into the sky with the cannon during the "One Man's Treasure" mission in Moxxi's Heist of The Handsome Jackpot
    1​
TRUE TAKEDOWN MODE
We've been looking at the feedback we received during the Scaling Event for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite

and have decided to make this Scaled event permanent starting today.

In a February update, we will include a new switch to re-enable what we call True Takedown Mode . True Takedown Mode will restore the Takedown to the 4-player experience that it launched with for extra difficulty. Once implemented, a lever activating True Takedown Mode will be located on the right side of the door leading out of the airlock at the beginning of the map.

RARE SPAWNS AND DROP RATES
Once the Farming Frenzy

event is over, we are implementing a permanent change to the Rare Spawns and Drop Rates. After analyzing play patterns, we are permanently increasing the spawn rate for these enemies and have buffed their drop rates and their Anointed chance to be on par with bosses.

RARE CHEST RICHES EVENT
When the hotfixes roll out today before 3:00 PM PST, a new event will be activated! During the Rare Chest Riches Event, which runs until February 13 at 8:59am PST, all Rare Chests will drop rare loot at an increased rate, so you're more likely to receive Legendary items any time you open one. This increased drop rate will also apply when you watch a Twitch streamer open a Rare Chest, assuming both of you have the ECHOcast Twitch Extension

enabled. Any rewards you score while watching streamers will be waiting for you in your in-game mailbox the next time you play Borderlands 3. In case you haven't done so already, click here
for a step-by-step guide to linking your SHiFT and Twitch accounts so you can receive ECHOcast rewards. The Rare Chest Riches event will also apply to the Stadia version of Borderlands 3.
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Not surprising at all haha. No way they reverted the scaling. Wasn't expecting the perma buff to drop rates tho, that's real nice.