• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Beat DLC (pretty awesome overall) but there is an exclamation point on "jack's secret" and im not sure if it's a bug or there is something hidden im supposed to find. area says 100%.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Beat DLC (pretty awesome overall) but there is an exclamation point on "jack's secret" and im not sure if it's a bug or there is something hidden im supposed to find. area says 100%.
I think that's bugged. My map screen is constantly being repopulated with those exclamation points despite having beat the main game and all side quests.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, trying the raid for the first time, not the greatest experience. What's with the long wait times if you die? Early on in the raid i walked off the ledge accidentally (lol) and just sat there till they cleared a ton of shit... Then i get back in, someone else dies and quits. Had others join in but they just sit there waiting it seems so they quit. Seems like a pretty terrible setup for matchmaking.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
What's with the matchmaking in this game ?(NA Region) I can't seem to find any players to play any of the modes (CoS, Proving Grounds) on any Mayhem Level. Is it because i'm not at max yet? (level 42 currently)

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
What's with the matchmaking in this game ?(NA Region) I can't seem to find any players to play any of the modes (CoS, Proving Grounds) on any Mayhem Level. Is it because i'm not at max yet? (level 42 currently)

Maybe? For what it's worth i was doing matchmaking for raid/proving grounds lastnight at max level / mayhem 4 and finding people at a decent rate (xbox btw)

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Hey if you still need achievement help I play on XB1 (FL4K)

Bah, I won't be able to play until next week, but I'll hit you up then. Finally got the dumb target practice achievement, leaving me with only having to win a duel and finish off all the side quests. Ughhhhhhh, so close.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just picked this up due to sales. Feels pretty much more BL2 which is ok, but nothing mind blowing. God the writing pisses the ever fuck out of me though - it's the one time something like this actually annoys me.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Tried slaughterhouse for the first time lastnight. That shit is quite the grind it seems. Granted, matchmaking only found me one other person so probably why it felt so damn long. But by end of round 2 i was pretty much ready for it to be over. Worst part was i didn't even get to finish it. As we were closing in on the end of round 4 my game froze.

Takedown is more fun, i'd just rather spend time in that i think.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Finally decided to play and finish the DLC yesterday. Not too shabby. I miss Jack. He was such a good villain..

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Got to Wotan phase 2 and my only thought was "wow, i'm really surprised this doesn't chug more on console lol" as an ungodly amount of bullets rained down upon me

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Finally got around to finishing the game and i can say its my biggest disappointment of 2019.

Other than the superb gunplay, everything else was just average! Writing was terrible this time round as well.

Borderlands still is my preferred game of the 3 closely followed by Borderlands 2. Borderlands 3 is so far off the 2 previous games that it hurts.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Tried slaughterhouse for the first time lastnight. That shit is quite the grind it seems. Granted, matchmaking only found me one other person so probably why it felt so damn long. But by end of round 2 i was pretty much ready for it to be over. Worst part was i didn't even get to finish it. As we were closing in on the end of round 4 my game froze.

Takedown is more fun, i'd just rather spend time in that i think.
Matchmaking is still a huge problem here, I don't get it why they still didn't solve

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Came back to this game to see the new stuff, just wanted to know : is matchmaking a viable option to play the new raid? I have zero issues being matched witch randoms for proving grounds or circles of slaughters, but last night I tried matchmaking for the raid and still wasn't matched after 5 minutes, it's almost instant for the other modes.

Also :

Wat? They added a new Mayhem level? Maybe that's why I'm not matched for the raid, I'm still playing in Mayhem 3, didn't know there was a new one :)

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Came back to this game to see the new stuff, just wanted to know : is matchmaking a viable option to play the new raid? I have zero issues being matched witch randoms for proving grounds or circles of slaughters, but last night I tried matchmaking for the raid and still wasn't matched after 5 minutes, it's almost instant for the other modes.

Also :

Wat? They added a new Mayhem level? Maybe that's why I'm not matched for the raid, I'm still playing in Mayhem 3, didn't know there was a new one :)

Could be. I've been doing mayhem 4 matchmaking for takedown almost once a day now for the last week and it seems to find people reasonably quick. Sometimes I did have to wait a few min though.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Also stupid question, i never did playthrough again via TVHM. I've just been doing everything on mayhem 4 on normal mode. Can i enter TVHM in mayhem 4 as well? and if so, does it not only increase the difficulty further but also increase loot chances? Wasn't clear on how that mode actually worked / affected gameplay.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Also stupid question, i never did playthrough again via TVHM. I've just been doing everything on mayhem 4 on normal mode. Can i enter TVHM in mayhem 4 as well? and if so, does it not only increase the difficulty further but also increase loot chances? Wasn't clear on how that mode actually worked / affected gameplay.

You have to get to Sanctuary to turn on Mayhem in TVHM, but essentially, yes.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Unless they changed it with a patch, you have to beat the campaign on TVHM to be able to play Mayhem on that mode. But yes, the best loot drops/rates are in TVHM on Mayhem 4.

I need to get back to this as I haven't touched the raid, the DLC or Mayhem 4 despite having the ultimate edition. My main buddy I play it with is traveling for a couple of months though so I may just wait until they're able to play again.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Unless they changed it with a patch, you have to beat the campaign on TVHM to be able to play Mayhem on that mode.

They fixed that a while back. You can enable it as soon as you get to Sanctuary in TVHM. And if you reset TVHM mission progress after turning on mayhem, mayhem will remain enabled from the start.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They fixed that a while back. You can enable it as soon as you get to Sanctuary in TVHM. And if you reset TVHM mission progress after turning on mayhem, mayhem will remain enabled from the start.

Good to know. I played a ton at launch and just blew through the campaign on TVHM to enable it and play with my friends. Still need to finish up sidequests on TVHM.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
A funny post, the more things change the more they stay the same
I thought it would be interesting to go back to historical Reddit posts around the time BL2 was new, and see how it compares to BL3 today. I think we all view the past with rose-colored glasses and assume that BL2 wasn't "this bad." (Side note: I love BL3, despite its flaws).

So I dug up some old stuff... I'm going to drop some links and quotes here, but feel free to add more in the comments.

TL:DR: Kind of the same old shit, we've just forgotten about it because a lot of it was fixed.

Borderlands 2 Patch Notes 11-13-2012 - Comments
https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderland..._patch_just_rolled_out_patch/?sort=confidence

Regarding the Bee getting nerfed:

"Was bound to happen. So begins the age of non-PVP, non-competitive nerfing. I always use the damn thing in solo games, never online, but nooooo, forget player integrity, just bitch til a patch is made!"
Quote about loot glitches:

The whole boss loot system is flawed. I have seen BNK3R drop loot through the floor, Mothrakk drop loot in unreachable places and Warrior's body blocking loot.
On complaining that raid bosses will be "too hard" to do solo:

Those bosses were never intended to be solo'd anyway, thus why they were called RAID bosses. Plus, there are many videos out there of people soloing both Hyperius and Gee without using the bee/cc combo. The fact that you could kill Terramorphous, the first raid boss, in 2 seconds using that combination should explain why it needed a fix. And if you're having so much trouble getting friends on to play with you, I suggest using this reddit more often. It is FILLED with requests for people to help kill Hyperius and Gee.
Thread: What are some of the small things that bother you about borderlands 2? https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderland...are_some_of_the_small_things_that_bother_you/

GLITCHY AS HELL. Still a seriously great game but do you understand how frustrating it is to take down a Super Badass Loot Goon and then have the chest glitch through a rock and you can't open it?? Also the map sucks. Maybe it's just me but some quests are tough to find with the new map system and all the random routes/layers.
there is only one thing that really bothers me and that is the lack of backpack and bank slots.
2 mjair bugs atm lol. 1st one: massive fps drops/stuttering even with the best setup (high end gaming machines). 2nd: badass rank + skins/heads reset. We are waiting for like 3 days for the next response of the programmers now.
Thread about things taking forever to farm: https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands2/comments/11r97e/ive_farmed_it_for_hours_still_no_luck/

There's probably a lot more...perhaps I'll add more when I have time to dig.*

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The gameplay loop/endgame has so far eclipsed BL2 already it isn't close.

I'm still pining for a circle of slaughter and proving ground for DLC 1 along with having more for the additional story DLCs but yeah.

BL2 is great and all and I can definitely see someone preferring it if they just play the quests to max level then quit but as an ongoing loot game that people go back to play BL3 is the clear winner🤷‍♂️

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
They patched it so that you can play in mayhem mode while doing ng+ in tvhm. And yeah loot chances are higher that way.
Also thankq for your answer gonna try mayhem 4 for matchmaking takedowns and see

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay loop/endgame has so far eclipsed BL2 already it isn't close.

I'm still pining for a circle of slaughter and proving ground for DLC 1 along with having more for the additional story DLCs but yeah.

BL2 is great and all and I can definitely see someone preferring it if they just play the quests to max level then quit but as an ongoing loot game that people go back to play BL3 is the clear winner🤷‍♂️
Oh I agree, months later and just killing shit is immensely satisfying. I just posted it because some people used BL2 as a prime example even tho it took years for it to hit that point.

Hoping they make a team whose entire job is to pump out arenas. Also, hope they change how stuff like slaughtershaft works. So you can actually leave the game without restarting (like how it works in BL2)

Me and my partner can get to the third phase of Wotan on Normal. So close, just need a few more chunks of gear

Last edited:

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Farming frenzy starting tomorrow until the end of the month

For the next two weeks, you'll have extra incentive to farm enemies with dedicated loot drops. That includes repeatable bosses from the main story campaign, Proving Grounds and Circle of Slaughter arenas, and the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite, as well as named enemies including Rare Spawns, Hammerlock Hunts, and Targets of Opportunity. All these distinct, deadly baddies will be more likely to drop Legendary items from their respective loot pools—and as an added bonus, the Anointment rate for dropped gear has also been temporarily increased!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Man i'm hype for this back button attachment. Bout to bind jump and melee to it. Meleeing multiple times on the sticks gets real annoying, real fast.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Patch notes below, Zane is gonna be a real beast now lol:

BUG FIXES
  • Addressed a reported concern with itemcard and hotfix sometimes not showing information correctly
  • Addressed a reported concern that Judge Hightower was sometimes not dropping items from his dedicated item pool
  • Adjusted the balance of Fabrikator, Freddie, ST4NL3Y, Constructor, Tony Bordel, Tricksy Nick, and Third Rail to provide a greater challenge
Developer note – We noticed that the bosses in the Handsome Jackpot weren't providing players with a satisfying challenge. We'll be monitoring these bosses and make adjustments as needed in the future.

• The Ion Cannon now has a 5 second reload and consumes at least 6 ammo per shot
The Ion Cannon is a strong weapon and we don't want to change that, but it's a little over performing. We've increased the reload time and made it consume more ammo but left its damage unchanged to still provide a strong burst of damage.

• Added collisions to prevent the Gunner from sometimes becoming stuck in Meridian Mercantile
  • Added collisions to prevent players from sometimes escaping the map in various locations
  • Increased the radius of the New-U station at The Arrogant Approach
INCREASED ANOINTMENT EFFECTIVENESS FOR THE OPERATIVE, GUNNER, AND BEASTMASTER
In looking at the bonuses from Anointments, we felt that some were not providing enough of a bonus. We've increased the bonuses on the Anointments below.

Moze the Gunner

• While Auto Bear is active, deals 75% (from 20%) bonus incendiary damage
  • After exiting Iron Bear, the next 2 magazines will have 125% (from 40%) bonus incendiary damage
  • After exiting Iron Bear, gain 160% (from 120%) increased Splash damage for 18 seconds
  • When entering and exiting Iron Bear, nova damage increased
Zane the Operative

• While Barrier is active, Accuracy is increased by 60%, and Critical Hit damage is increased by 70% (from 30%)
  • While SNTL is active, gain 100% (from 50%) of damage as bonus Cryo damage
FL4K the Beastmaster

• When exiting Fade Away, nova damage increased
  • After using Rakk Attack!, gain 50% (from 25%) critical hit damage for a short time

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Matchmaking is still a huge problem here, I don't get it why they still didn't solve
They should just have a server browser in addition to it since matchmaking is clearly whack

This. It's my most disappointing purchase of 2019 because I play these games exclusively in co-op, but:
  1. They never mentioned Server Browser being removed, and matchmaking rarely gets me in with more than one person. The first two games had it...
  2. When you do matchmake and spawn in the game, they put you AT THE BEGINNING of the map, regardless of where your teammates are. Mobs have usually respawned and it becomes SUPER un-fun catching up to your team while dying to enemies that may not be scaled to your level to handle alone. No fast travel to teammates, or at least getting close to their last location?
  3. Where is crossplay? This was hinted at when it was announced but then nothing.
The whole multiplayer experience feels super-dated, and then you have the large maps dedicated to driving which are boring and doesn't do anything for the gameplay or the funfactor. I would have never bought this game day one if I knew these issues would last so long.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also wish Mose didnt need to actually enter and exit Iron Bear to proc Auro Bear still

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
So how's the Maliwan Takedown now that it's been scaled to number of players? Is it solo-able?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Graveward is still my main farming source as I can kill him in like 30 seconds on Mayhem 4 with Fl4k, but legendary drops are still not as high as I think they should be. There's been numerous runs where I've only gotten 1 or 2 to drop, and sometimes I've had none drop. I feel like that should not be happening on Mayhem 4.

As for this hotfix, I'm definitely seeing more anointed, but leg. drops are virtually the same.