• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope they will eventually add this weapon skin to use on every guns, It looks pretty cool with the fire animation.
FzdtXiX.png

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
How is the DLC? I kind of want the season pass but I'm worried about buying it and then the DLCs sucking. Is it end game only?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How is the DLC? I kind of want the season pass but I'm worried about buying it and then the DLCs sucking. Is it end game only?

It's pretty lenghty(4 huge zones, a smaller one, and the final boss zone which is pretty short) no annoying characters like Vaughn, a few challenges to unlock guns and cosmetics, the music is awesome(made by the same guy as Deus Ex I heard?), the zones(other than the brownish Compactor) looks pretty nice, plenty of new loot also.

The only things I feel is missing is that there isn't as many sidequests or zones as BL2 DLCs. But the main missions are long enough and the 4 huge zones are bigger than the zones in BL2, so that kinda balance itself I guess.

If the other 3 DLCs are like this, it's well worth the money. But since we have no idea if that will actually be the case, I guess you could still wait?

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever brought up the unforgiven crit swap....thanks. Had one sitting in my vault with +380% crit damage.

On m4, graveward is my bitch. I pray they dont patch/nerf this.....

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the DLC and really enjoyed it. Great areas, pretty good characters (thankfully they didn't screw up Timothy writing/character wise), fun bosses and new legendary items, as well as really good music (some of the music greatly reminded me of the first Mass Effect), and overall I'd put it up there with some of the BL2 DLC's and Claptrap's DLC from the TPS.

Makes me hopeful for the other three.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
For those of you farming, if you dont want to lose your place when your backpack is full, dont forget you can quit to menu and switch from TVHM to Normal and go to Sanctuary. When you switch back to TVHM you'll be in your spot.

Wasnt sure if this posted here or Reddit.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Grinding for FL4K's new class mod and man, my game is stingy w/ the good modifiers. So many shit rolls for 2 out of 3 perks.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just went on a binge and spent all 150 dollars of PSN credit I had received as gifts. (Actually 200 but I couldn't add the last card lol)

One of my purchases was the DLC for 15. Can't wait to get started on it but I also just increased my backlog by like 200 hours.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game a couple of days ago.

I started with Flak, but his pets have such annoying sounds that I decided to switch to the Gunner.

It seems very Borderlands 1-esque so far in terms of general feel.

I really love that the game has a "fog of war" feature on the area map which tells me areas I did not go to yet. Very helpful for navigating large maps on small play sessions.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Zane's new DLC com is a lot of fun and seems to offer a ton of build variety.

I'm expecting them to nerf it instead of buffing his other coms though while leaving Spiritual Driver untouched lol

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
So I got an Xbox one X and grabbed a cheap copy of BL3 to see if it performs much different and wow!

I'm actually enjoying it now! It's playable in resolution mode for a start and performance mode works great too! Just a shame I bought the super delux on the PS4 on launch but at least I can play now without the really bad PS4 pro performance.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

It's funny how fast a community can create crazy builds. This was posted like right after the new class mod came out lol

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Did Maliwan takedown with two friends on M2. It was a rough adventure and we got to Wotan we were pretty much rinsed.

Last night we decided to take try again, and I turned mayhem off. Got to Wotan and we improved some but we still got stuck on his third phase.

Like, how equipment dependent is beating Wotan? Or is it super build dependent? As someone who can survive M2 and does some farming on M3 I was little surprised no mayhem Wotan was fucking hard.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Did Maliwan takedown with two friends on M2. It was a rough adventure and we got to Wotan we were pretty much rinsed.

Last night we decided to take try again, and I turned mayhem off. Got to Wotan and we improved some but we still got stuck on his third phase.

Like, how equipment dependent is beating Wotan? Or is it super build dependent? As someone who can survive M2 and does some farming on M3 I was little surprised no mayhem Wotan was fucking hard.
Wotan doesn't scale with player numbers and on top of that is much harder than other content in the game.

Have fun lol.

He's both build and gear dependent. Some people can solo him on M4 though depending on the build/gear.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, well screw Wotan then.

Since I do a lot of complaining about corrosive drops, just had some miracle session in the slaughter shaft. On M2 my friend and I were practically full of legendaries upon leaving. Obviously, most of it was 'common' legendaries of no real value, but notably, I got two shreddifiers, one vanilla, one shock. This'll keep me content for a few days! The other weird thing was almost none of it was shields, grenades and class mods, or artifacts. Mostly weaponry!

It also makes me want to run this conspiracy theory by you guys: Ever get the feeling the RNG gets set when you load into the level (much like Mayhem modifiers). I mean, we were getting legendary drops from round 1 in the shaft and must have gotten 20+ each by the end. This makes no sense on M2.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is TVHM really supposed to improved drop quality or anointed chances? I just did the whole Anvil map main mission on TVHM M4 and out of 10 legendaries that dropped, only 1 was anointed(and a shitty one at that)...

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone found the new Siren head from the DLC? All I get is the operative or beastmaster ones.

Also is anyone using her new mod? With what build?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has anyone found the new Siren head from the DLC? All I get is the operative or beastmaster ones.

Also is anyone using her new mod? With what build?

I'm using the new Siren class mod with a build like this one(the guide hasn't been updated in a while, but still works well for M4) : https://www.icy-veins.com/borderlands-3/amara-siren-elemental-fist-over-matter-build-guide
The more Helping Hand there is on the mod, the better it is, especially since you can use Phasegrasp every few seconds or so(less than 10 seconds for me once the cooldown starts). So you almost always have 28-35-40% damage reduction, and with how often you deal elemental damage, you'll rarely die with all the healing coming from Sustainment.

With good elemental guns and anointments, this build can be pretty powerful on M4. Almost everything dies pretty quickly, considering its M4. If there is one gun I would suggest above anything else, it's the Projectile Recursion. With the above build, this shotgun is insane, especially when you the shoot the Phasegraped enemy while a bunch of others are around. The ricochets will melt even badass and most anointed enemies in seconds with this gun. It kinda sucks for killing a single enemy though, a good elemental SMG would be better.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Anyone here playing on Xbox One and willing/able to help me get an achievement? I just need to beat someone quickly in a duel. Should literally take 10 second. If able/willing, send me a DM. I also need some competent end-game co-op partners to do all the Circles of Slaughter. Maybe the game isn't so popular anymore, but all of the matches I've been getting are players in the level 10-20 range (I'm level 50). They all just charge in and end up dying super fast. Repeatedly.

Also, damn, the bugs in this game are still driving me crazy. Had both Cistern of Slaughter and Slaughterstar 3000 glitch out during the last wave/round right before completion.

Also, really dug The Handsome Jackpot. Managed to polish off everything and get all the achievements. Overall, great length, I thought. I was disappointed, though, with the Legendary drop rates and variety. I probably got around 20 total drops my entire playthrough with 80% of them being class mods and 75% of those being for a class I wasn't. Also, Heart of Gold is my new favorite quest.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the DLC on Mayham 1 but didn't get any new strong weapons. I used the same weapon all the way through. The
Cost-Effective Optimized Q-System assault rifle is a monster which I am surprised wasn't nerfed yet.

I liked the DLC and I loved all the Jack holograms. I miss the character. The DLC also fixed my cash problem. Maxed out all my SDUs except the bank.

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the DLC on Mayham 1 but didn't get any new strong weapons. I used the same weapon all the way through. The
Cost-Effective Optimized Q-System assault rifle is a monster which I am surprised wasn't nerfed yet.

I liked the DLC and I loved all the Jack holograms. I miss the character. The DLC also fixed my cash problem. Maxed out all my SDUs except the bank.
I got a Dastardly Maggie from a chest after the final boss, that and the ION Cannon were the big highlights for me. The class mods are fantastic too

And yes, that Assault Rifle kicks ass, mine does something like 1050x2 damage, good accuracy but low fire rate. Still, a great gun

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Maggie isn't a DLC gun though. :P I forgot how many times I got this damn gun this fall. Strangely, ever since I've started doing more M4, it's gotten rarer lol.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Been wanting to try that new zane build, but hell I've been farming for at least 6 hours and cannot get a banjo to drop

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally jumping back into Borderlands and trying out the dlc. I never did spend any guardian points or whatever, any general consensus at this point on what's best to spend them on?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Finally jumping back into Borderlands and trying out the dlc. I never did spend any guardian points or whatever, any general consensus at this point on what's best to spend them on?
Avoid the rank 50 (and up) survivor perks if you want to do a melee build with a roid shield ever.

Other than that I spend them somewhat equally outside of vehicle damage which I never touch. Iirc they all have a 15% cap anyway so don't worry about it too much.

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
I have been trying to respawn the wandering debt collector for the past hour. Am I just unlucky or is it actually that rare?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here playing on Xbox One and willing/able to help me get an achievement? I just need to beat someone quickly in a duel. Should literally take 10 second. If able/willing, send me a DM. I also need some competent end-game co-op partners to do all the Circles of Slaughter. Maybe the game isn't so popular anymore, but all of the matches I've been getting are players in the level 10-20 range (I'm level 50). They all just charge in and end up dying super fast. Repeatedly.

Also, damn, the bugs in this game are still driving me crazy. Had both Cistern of Slaughter and Slaughterstar 3000 glitch out during the last wave/round right before completion.

Also, really dug The Handsome Jackpot. Managed to polish off everything and get all the achievements. Overall, great length, I thought. I was disappointed, though, with the Legendary drop rates and variety. I probably got around 20 total drops my entire playthrough with 80% of them being class mods and 75% of those being for a class I wasn't. Also, Heart of Gold is my new favorite quest.

Hey if you still need achievement help I play on XB1 (FL4K)

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Amara players, what builds you used when first tackling Mayhem 4?
I've been playing TVHM on M3 with the sheriff build, which works nicely here, but likely not so much when the enemies get 10x the hp.
(I also used the shrieking devil + red suit build for a bit, but changed back to sniping)

edit: well, guess mostly anything can work with proper anointments.

Last edited:

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped back in a few days ago, threw myself into Mayhem 4 for funsies in the new dlc. Definitely struggled, a lot, and figured i might have to resort to matchmaking to help me through it. Lastnight though i landed the new mod for Zane, holy shit, game changing. Felt like I knocked the difficulty down a bit, things were much more do-able solo. Main thing i ran into was running out of ammo.

So fun though, loving the dlc so far and the new items I'm finding. Feels great to be back!

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Jumped back in a few days ago, threw myself into Mayhem 4 for funsies in the new dlc. Definitely struggled, a lot, and figured i might have to resort to matchmaking to help me through it. Lastnight though i landed the new mod for Zane, holy shit, game changing. Felt like I knocked the difficulty down a bit, things were much more do-able solo. Main thing i ran into was running out of ammo.

So fun though, loving the dlc so far and the new items I'm finding. Feels great to be back!

If you dont already own a Cutsman, either electric of corrosive, get one (or both preferably). It makes Mayhem 4 a breeze with his new class mod.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
If you dont already own a Cutsman, either electric of corrosive, get one (or both preferably). It makes Mayhem 4 a breeze with his new class mod.

That's funny, i know i own at least 2 but haven't used them much since getting the mod. Now i need to see what i have and try them out. I've been using this laser-ish legendary i found recently that's been doing work on enemies, and it's been pretty perfect since it can be either corrosive or fire, so covers all enemies in the dlc so far.

Thanks for the tip though. So excited to go home and continue playing.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, the Cutsman is a pretty strong SMG no matter the class. It sucks for long range and you'll have to predict the bullets path since the bullets slowly move toward their target(and hopefully, the target don't move too much), but in close/medium range, they're one of the best against badass and tougher than normal enemies.

The Shocking AAA pistol is also a good one to destroy shields quickly, and even the weaker enemies that have low hp.

Last edited:

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Just grabbed this for £20 as did my friend, so we are going to start a play through! Any advice?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just grabbed this for £20 as did my friend, so we are going to start a play through! Any advice?

Upgrade your backpack slots capacity as often as you can. Having it full all the time sucks. You'll be able to do that once you get on the ship(around lvl 8-10). Upgrades require money(and each new upgrades cost 3 times as much as the last one), so loot as much as you can and sell everything for $$$ and open as many boxes as you can, which you probably already did if you played previous Borderlands games.

If you can, focus on the main story and do the sidequests after you've beat it. Unless you're so underlevel you need the extra XP.
As soon as you beat the main story, all enemies & sidequests will be the same lvl as you are rather than the fixed level they were before. You also unlock higher difficulties with more XP, more money and more chances at better loot.

Also, explore every corners of each map for those claptrap, car, radio or log icons. They all give XP and loot as rewards when you find most(or all) of them. Although, I might suggest to wait until you're 50 before killing the last target from Zero's Targets of Opportunity, which you can see a list below :
Reason being that when you kill the last one, you'll get a legendary sniper called Lyuda which is pretty powerful. It's like a machine gun and a sniper combined into one. And you'll want a lvl 50 one rather than a lvl 42 or whatever lvl you could be when killing the last target.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Upgrade your backpack slots capacity as often as you can. Having it full all the time sucks. You'll be able to do that once you get on the ship(around lvl 8-10). Upgrades require money(and each new upgrades cost 3 times as much as the last one), so loot as much as you can and sell everything for $$$ and open as many boxes as you can, which you probably already did if you played previous Borderlands games.

If you can, focus on the main story and do the sidequests after you've beat it. Unless you're so underlevel you need the extra XP.
As soon as you beat the main story, all enemies & sidequests will be the same lvl as you are rather than the fixed level they were before. You also unlock higher difficulties with more XP, more money and more chances at better loot.

Also, explore every corners of each map for those claptrap, car, radio or log icons. They all give XP and loot as rewards when you find most(or all) of them. Although, I might suggest to wait until you're 50 before killing the last target from Zero's Targets of Opportunity, which you can see a list below :
Reason being that when you kill the last one, you'll get a legendary sniper called Lyuda which is pretty powerful. It's like a machine gun and a sniper combined into one. And you'll want a lvl 50 one rather than a lvl 42 or whatever lvl you could be when killing the last target.

Much appreciated!

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If I buy this on Epic store, will I be able to play with people on Steam store once it's released? Or is this something unknown at the moment?