• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
So what are people ideas about the 4 DLCS. I'm going to assume something like this(late/ending story spoilers of course) :
1) Something with the B-Team(Tina, Brick, Mordecai), they really weren't present enough. I don't mind if it's just another "Bunker and Badasses", that DLC was just perfect and hilarious. And put Torgue back with them.
2) They have to do something about Salvador, Axton, Gaige, Krieg, or all of them combined surely, I mean, they can't expect people to be happy with just Maya and Zero?
3) Something with the Eridians maybe? They added a lot of lore about them in this game, but there is still many mysteries. There was also a mention about a 7th Siren in one of the writing? Although I guess they could keep that for BL4, assuming they don't wait another 7 years for that.
4) Something about finding if Lilith is still alive I guess, since Tannis seems to have be doing that in the credits picture.

Does anyone know if they plan to make smaller DLCs like in BL2 with just one huge map with a boss at the end + head/skin rewards? Although I guess that could now be things like the free Maliwan takedown coming soon.

Also, while doing THVM for the first time yesterday, I saw a chubby skag. Guess they're coming back with a higher chance for legendary class mods like BL2?
I'm mainly hoping for missing characters to show up in the DLC's. The rest of the BL2 squad for one, and then TFTB characters like Fiona, Sasha, Gortys, etc.
in game files seem to point to jack clone stuff but no idea if it was cut content or 1st DLC stuff.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm surprised by the shield booster change. BL2 (or TPS?) had the exact same nuisance with shield boosters, making them very difficult to use. I assumed it was deliberate as a game balance thing.
Yeah people said it was a game balanced thing when it popped up again in 3 but just like... nerf the drop rate or booster effectiveness to compensate?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Auto pickups on the big boom blaster will be great as they also give you a grenade and a heavy ammo back

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
cba to farm 20+ hours to get several perfect elemental anointed rolls at each new patch
At that point I'd be more annoyed and stop playing because of limited bank space and how proving grounds have shit loot than individual weapon tuning to try and get things on equal footing.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
At that point I'd be more annoyed and stop playing because of limited bank space and how proving grounds have shit loot than individual weapon tuning to try and get things on equal footing.

Yeah, there's literally no point in playing this game until dlc. My characters are full of loot and my bank is at capacity. Am I just supposed to throw away my current stuff to grab new gear which is just going to be nerfed anyway to run the same content?

Borderlands isn't really built as a GaaS title which is totally fine. I'm happy to have lengthy single player campaigns with no mtx bullshit to play, but the lack of possible progression, aggressive nerfs, comically small storage options, and absolutely garbage events really push you off the game at a certain point. Excited to see the DLC soon, hopefully.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, there's literally no point in playing this game until dlc. My characters are full of loot and my bank is at capacity. Am I just supposed to throw away my current stuff to grab new gear which is just going to be nerfed anyway to run the same content?

Borderlands isn't really built as a GaaS title which is totally fine. I'm happy to have lengthy single player campaigns with no mtx bullshit to play, but the lack of possible progression, aggressive nerfs, comically small storage options, and absolutely garbage events really push you off the game at a certain point. Excited to see the DLC soon, hopefully.
Yeah it would be better if the bank space was comparable to other arpgs (so 300+ shared stash plus a decent inventory size) because the events and loot stuff can always be fixed later and my love of the gameplay can override that but what is the point of playing when I have no more slots left for max level legendary/anointed gear?

I'm honestly kinda surprised a bank increase hasn't been implemented yet, maybe they're worried to break it or maybe they don't see the problem. Hopefully it's not the latter.

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
I finished ages ago but I was thinking about that AGAIN last night. They have go know that's 99% of the reason the other game's narratives were enjoyable (or not enjoyable when they're absent).

Right? I mean, Aurelia was a welcome surprise because I really like her personality... But who the fuck likes Vaughn? Worst character of the series, I want to punch him so bad.

I even enjoy Troy and Tyreen, I mean they are no Handsome Jack but I like them. What I hate the most is
Tannis and Ava, they are not interesting, they are annoying (I never liked Tannis) and makes no sense at all her being a siren

It's like all their resources went to the gameplay and the story was "just there"

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of problems will be solved if they allow bank space to be near infinitely bought with money then eridium

Ignore buffs only focus on nerfs

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Right? I mean, Aurelia was a welcome surprise because I really like her personality... But who the fuck likes Vaughn? Worst character of the series, I want to punch him so bad.

I even enjoy Troy and Tyreen, I mean they are no Handsome Jack but I like them. What I hate the most is
Tannis and Ava, they are not interesting, they are annoying (I never liked Tannis) and makes no sense at all her being a siren

It's like all their resources went to the gameplay and the story was "just there"
I like Tannis and I liked Ava on Athenas. After that didn't like her.

Didn't like Lorelai or Clay but liked both of their designs a lot, Wainwright is basically the only new major character I really enjoyed. I thought Troy and Tyreen were ok, but yeah they're no Handsome Jack.

I also think the way they did the planets hurt the pacing. I thought Promethea had a great mix of different environments and it was radically different than other stuff in the series AND they smartly split it up so it wasn't all in one run. Pandora was split up too which was nice but it's like they completely forgot that they made it varied in 2. Eden-6 was cool but you spend way too long there uninterrupted. The only area that really stands out from the rest visually is the Jakobs Estate. Athenas was so cool but
you only spend 1 mission there in one linear zone :/. Nekrotafeyo is pretty cool though and it doesn't overstay its welcome. I also like how the end of it is pretty much the only place in the game when you're fighting bandits AND Maliwan (AND Guardians!) at the same time

Oct 27, 2017
When will they actually release a patch to address other concerns with the game; i.e. performance issues and bank space, as well as possibly adding loadouts? All of these hotfixes to keep nerfing actually decent weapons that have no excuse in getting nerfed (really, the Cutman?) is really stupid. Watch them nerf the things they buffed in this hotfix in the next hotfix.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn they nerfed Lucians Call (accuracy), Hellwalker (damage) and Crossroads (4 bullets to 3 bullets).

That is literally 3 of my four guns........

Christ almighty, Firestorm grenade nerfed by SEVENTY PERCENT?

I know they buffed some stuff (mostly useless shit that will still be useless even with a buff), but god damn they nerfed all the fun guns to hell and back.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
When will they actually release a patch to address other concerns with the game; i.e. performance issues and bank space, as well as possibly adding loadouts? All of these hotfixes to keep nerfing actually decent weapons that have no excuse in getting nerfed (really, the Cutman?) is really stupid. Watch them nerf the things they buffed in this hotfix in the next hotfix.
When it's done at this point, got stealth delayed from sunday. Maybe we get something tomorrow

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Damn they nerfed Lucians Call (accuracy), Hellwalker (damage) and Crossroads (4 bullets to 3 bullets).

That is literally 3 of my four guns........

Christ almighty, Firestorm grenade nerfed by SEVENTY PERCENT?

I know they buffed some stuff (mostly useless shit that will still be useless even with a buff), but god damn they nerfed all the fun guns to hell and back.
Are you really complaining about an 8% damage nerf to the hellwalker?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crossroad might still be decent, honestly. Just get a Class Mod or Artifact to boost weapon magazine +40% or something.

I already use a 40% mag size artifact so that won't help me.

Still, decreasing bullets fire by 25% is an effective 25% damage reduction.....the rate of fire on the Crossroads is great, but if they keep nerfing it's damage the Night Hawkin will the go to gun instead.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah it would be better if the bank space was comparable to other arpgs (so 300+ shared stash plus a decent inventory size) because the events and loot stuff can always be fixed later and my love of the gameplay can override that but what is the point of playing when I have no more slots left for max level legendary/anointed gear?

I'm honestly kinda surprised a bank increase hasn't been implemented yet, maybe they're worried to break it or maybe they don't see the problem. Hopefully it's not the latter.

Yeah, the game is incredibly fun, but a loot game where you're not allowed to collect loot is kind of an issue. I'd definitely still be playing if I could pick up even a single item without having to grind several hours of gameplay out on low level characters for mules. That's not acceptable in 2019. Honestly, they just need to do better and try to keep up with the genre. If loot space to 300 or something isn't absolutely the main priority, the devs need to reassess - its a fucking loot game.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
How shitty to wake up and see a majority of your load out nerfed; some parts up to 70%.

All this has done is confirm I won't be leveling alts. Its going to be annoying enough keeping up with farming for one character w/ all these nerfs and buff. I'm not doing if for multiple.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll never get the obsession they have with nerfing things in purely PVE games when most folks, myself and my friends I play with included, mostly play to find OP builds and weapons and melt bosses and mobs. Especially with no nerfs to annointed who are rarely challenging (outside of slaughterhouse etc) and are just time consuming bullet sponges when clearing side quests on mayhem 3 for so for guardian ranks.

Last edited:

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'll never get the obsession the have with nerfing things in purely PVE games when most folks, myself and my friends I play with included, mostly play to find OP builds and weapons and melt bosses and moves. Especially with no metros to annointed who are rarely challenging (outside of slaughterhouse etc) and are just time consuming bullet sponges when clearing side quests on mayhem 3 for so for guardian ranks.
Cannot let players have too much fun!

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
All of those nerfs. I'll give it a try, though. I was finding the game mind numbingly easy. 1-2 shot enemies, and bosses die in seconds (haven't played since Shadowkeep release), rinse repeat. I felt getting more powerful wasn't to break down obstacles the game presented, but rather just to see bigger numbers. Got boring, fast.

My opinion, though. Totally disappointed with the difficulty curve this game offered after playing BL2 (strictly talking end game. the 1-50 game was pretty good).

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
All of those nerfs. I'll give it a try, though. I was finding the game mind numbingly easy. 1-2 shot enemies, and bosses die in seconds (haven't played since Shadowkeep release), rinse repeat. I felt getting more powerful wasn't to break down obstacles the game presented, but rather just to see bigger numbers. Got boring, fast.

My opinion, though. Totally disappointed with the difficulty curve this game offered after playing BL2 (strictly talking end game. the 1-50 game was pretty good).
Let's be honest bl2 was a joke until uvhm

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017

That's why I specified end game, which I'm sure everyone agrees starts at uvhm. The end game in BL3 just didn't keep me interested.

EDIT: I also acknowledged the 1-50 game was pretty good, I had a lot of fun with it. I'm just not finding it engaging running around melting bosses in seconds, to create builds, to melt bosses.....even faster. The payoff? Bigger numbers. The challenge was never really there. I was hoping the incentive to getting those bigger numbers was to beat a challenge. Something that was giving me a hard time. The only challenge I got from this game was Billy (pre nerf/fix).

I'll also acknowledge that people love that stuff. Just not for me. /shrug

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I specified end game, which I'm sure everyone agrees starts at uvhm. The end game in BL3 just didn't keep me interested.

EDIT: I also acknowledged the 1-50 game was pretty good, I had a lot of fun with it. I'm just not finding it engaging running around melting bosses in seconds, to create builds, to melt bosses.....in seconds. The payoff? Bigger numbers. The challenge was never really there. I was hoping the incentive to getting those bigger numbers was to beat a challenge. Something that was giving me a hard time. The only challenge I got from this game was Billy (pre nerf/fix).
I mean, comparing endgames at this point wont do much. Bl2 has over a dozen dlcs to prop it up and didnt start getting great until they hit. We'll most assuredly be getting UHVM eventually

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I would kill to be a fly on the wall and hear the thoughts behind all these nerfs and to see if ANYONE is standing with the player base in making the argument to buff things and not nerf them

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
" Hey guys we know all 3 of the 'pet' builds suck ass and have no idea how to fix them so here's a little more health for em SHRUG and we will address this further at some other nebulous point in time"

and 4 hot fixes in and we have some improvements but TONS of nerfs to pretty much all the favorite things.
It's like they want NO FUN ALLOWED in my single fucking player game that I paid you assholes $60 for the pleasure of playing.

how about you spend some time working on improving the shitty aspects of your game instead of leaving the Fucking BEASTMASTER with no viable pet build, Crit build or really anything interesting at this point, to rot in a corner.

Nerfs are necessary I get it, but spending a month and4 hotfixes basically burning everything to the ground in the spirit of "build diversity" while ignoring long-standing issues is GETTING OLD.
Balance your nerfs with more buffs, more fixes, actual viability of pet/clone/bear at endgame.

I want to love this game. Gearbox is trying its hardest to make me despise it.
cant wait to see what the next HOTFIX brings. Maybe they will just get rid of FL4K pets line altogether lol!
/rant over
Sorry, I needed to vent. I feel like i am in an emotionally abusive relationship with BL3 at this point!

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So I guess I don't fully understand how elemental damage and grenades work. After the nerf today, my Storefront has like 5 times the damage of my Shock Recurring Hex, but the Hex is still stripping shields way faster.

Since my load out revolves around striping shields with my grenade, then doing the bulk of my damage with weapons, it doesn't look like I'm switching grenades after all.

I just don't understand why. It just seems odd that Hex still practically insta-strips shields, while Storefront has to visibly work to bring them down.

The patch notes mention they envision the Hex applying elemental dots, but doesn't really explain why/how the Hex is better at it.

Last edited:

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
If you think that nerfing three pieces of gear in a game with literally hundreds ruins the game, you really don't have anyone to blame but yourself.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the patch notes I really appreciate the buffs given across the board. Though some of those nerfs are odd. Did the Cutsman really deserve that big a hit? The poor Flakker probably went from best shotgun to worst in no time at all.

Honestly, I think most of these nerfs is gearbox saying "STOP KILLING GRAVEWARD SO FAST".

Last edited:

john miller

Nov 29, 2017
I'm done with game and deleted. Instead of fixing the performance and other important things, they keep pissing people off by and making the game not fun to play anymore.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
absolute hard HARD disagree. BL1 and 2 were hard as nuts a lot of times because of how linear the damage and progression was, compared to 3. 3 I used under leveled weapons, like 10 levels under the enemy/my level, and was wrecking house left and right. I went into FFYL maybe less than 10 times throughout all my time before I beat it. BL2, if you had a shit gun, you were done, and that was 98% of the loot. I had to rely on keys to actually progress in 2, a huge fear I had for 3 but I ended up using the golden chest for fun only to try and get slightly better artifacts.

Khilandros

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
More nerfs and screwing around with builds, as usual. Instead of buffing weaker weapons to the level of the most used/favourite, etc to encourage variety, they butcher away...

Goodbye Flakker, Lyuda, Hex Grenade, Cutsman, and Crossroads into the trash you go.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
More nerfs and screwing around with builds, as usual. Instead of buffing weaker weapons to the level of the most used/favourite, etc to encourage variety, they butcher away...

Goodbye Flakker, Lyuda, Hex Grenade, Cutsman, and Crossroads into the trash you go.

They are nerfing the broken weapons...
Lyuda, crossroad and cutsman are still god tier. Hex was bugged and not working as should.
Only exception is flakker, but it's still a good option on moze build.