• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I feel like a complete idiot. I just realised after an embarrassing amount of time that i could check my mission completion amount and it looks like i have about 12 missions left. How the hell do I find them? I'm found 4 of the trials but I dunno how to find the rest, I even clicked on every single area and left clicked for completion and checked for exclamation marks. The fuck are they?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
just soloed slaughterhouse shaft on normal Mayhem 3. Build isnt optimal but doable.

Got about 15 legendaries, maybe 2 worth keeping to mess with

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What's your build? I completed Slaughterstar 3000 on Mayhem 3 last night with a Drone/Clone Build with Zane and had zero issues. Breezes through the whole thing in one go without dying. I spammed those annoying NOGs with MIRV Hex radiation grenades as soon as I saw them, then blasted them with the Hellwalker.
Phasezerker phasecast mystical overkill Amara

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So....I just had to respec Moze because I used a point on the turret not realizing it's for co op.

Came across a skill tree guide researching what some of the skills do. Yeah....she is becoming a killing machine now. With a much bigger shield.
You can use it in singleplayer if you have auto bear

Not really ideal though as you have to step out and then climb in and then climb out again

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I feel like a complete idiot. I just realised after an embarrassing amount of time that i could check my mission completion amount and it looks like i have about 12 missions left. How the hell do I find them? I'm found 4 of the trials but I dunno how to find the rest, I even clicked on every single area and left clicked for completion and checked for exclamation marks. The fuck are they?

They are probably the rare bounty missions that seem to randomly appear on the Sanctuary.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Switched to pain and terror to try and get legendary class mods...wow they drop like nothing compared to graveward. the one legendary I've gotten in 10 runs was a damn skin

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
So....I just had to respec Moze because I used a point on the turret not realizing it's for co op.

Came across a skill tree guide researching what some of the skills do. Yeah....she is becoming a killing machine now. With a much bigger shield.
Right now, my Moze is toting around a 30,000 shield, built around melting everything in sight with ridiculous splash damage. I did a respec awhile back, too, and it completely changed the way I play.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Anybody looking for any specific level 50 legendaries on PS4? I'm farming Slaughter Shaft in search of the mythic MIRV-tacular Hex and not needing most of the stuff I get. Feel free to post your wishlists.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Fuck I just logged in for the first time since the weekend and it looks like a bug has deleted all my banked equipment.

This totally sucks as I beat the game solo over the weekend and was about to start a new game with friends tonight. I had made a point of keeping level appropriate gear as i went as I knew I was gonna be restarting with my usual crew. Now it'll be a plain restart. Booo.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody looking for any specific level 50 legendaries on PS4? I'm farming Slaughter Shaft in search of the mythic MIRV-tacular Hex and not needing most of the stuff I get. Feel free to post your wishlists.

If you happen to get the Re-router shield I would love to get one. Wanted to mess around with it.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Whelp, due to some bugged side missions, just wiped my TVHM playthrough and so I can go through and get every single side mission again.

If anyone on PS4 is feeling like a saint and has yet to do the Kevin Konundrum and Baby Dancer Claptrap quests, please hit me up so I can piggyback on them. They're my last two missions for the side mission trophy. :\

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of bank space they through would be adequate in a game where they advertise billions of weapons is hilarious. I try no to be a hoarder, but since I don't trust them not to nerf everything good, I feel like I need to keep anything remotely OK.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, the cool down reduction for putting 50 points into the Guardian Rank Hunter tree is huge. Without kills or crits, my Fade Away ability recharges in 14 seconds now. (that does include a 21% reduction mod and 10% guardian rank reduction)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I would be a lot more excited for the increased drops this week if I actually had a place to put any of them.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The amount of bank space they through would be adequate in a game where they advertise billions of weapons is hilarious. I try no to be a hoarder, but since I don't trust them not to nerf everything good, I feel like I need to keep anything remotely OK.
also the bank is bugged and randomly wipes everything soooo

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
You can use it in singleplayer if you have auto bear

Not really ideal though as you have to step out and then climb in and then climb out again

Huh, didn't know that. Thanks. Agree, not ideal.
Right now, my Moze is toting around a 30,000 shield, built around melting everything in sight with ridiculous splash damage. I did a respec awhile back, too, and it completely changed the way I play.
Yeah, I'm working on this type of build.

I'm at level 26, still don't have artifact mods unlocked. I'm probably half way through the game, not sure.

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Whelp, due to some bugged side missions, just wiped my TVHM playthrough and so I can go through and get every single side mission again.

If anyone on PS4 is feeling like a saint and has yet to do the Kevin Konundrum and Baby Dancer Claptrap quests, please hit me up so I can piggyback on them. They're my last two missions for the side mission trophy. :\

That's awful! I think I've done the Kevin Kondrum quest. But, I don't think I've done Baby Dancer Claptrap one yet. There's a few pre-req quests I need to do to unlock that one, like Echo Net Neutrality. I'll let you know when I get it unlocked! I'll see if I have time after my afternoon class!

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
I think i have all the best guns in the game now and all high level like 581 up and i love just use SMG"s,I'm using 4 at the same time and all with different elementary damage and fucking melting everything and they all have more 40% of ammunition because of the mod i use,its insane.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anybody at the point in the story where you meet Typhon? I need to matchmake with someone who isn't too far so I can circumvent a gamebreaking bug on my end where a mission won't progress because the NPC is just standing around. Only way to do that is joining a game where it still works, but I need to follow the storypath, skipping doesn't work.

Would be very much apprechiated. Online matchmaking with randoms is completely bunk. I'm on PS4.

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
New patch and hotfix coming today

Today we'll release both a patch and a hotfix for Borderlands 3 on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT, with the patch addressing a number of reported concerns and the hotfix focusing on player character balance changes and tuning of some enemies and bosses.
First up are the patch notes:
STABILITY
  • Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling
GENERAL FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
  • The Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill no longer damages allies
  • Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
  • Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock the Ultimate Vault Hunter achievement on Xbox
  • Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend's session on PC
  • Addressed a reported issue where some players' inventory would not be saved in their bank
This week's Borderlands 3 hotfixes, which will be live on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT today, contain some player character balance changes and address some player reported concerns regarding enemy behavior.
Our goal is to make sure all three Action Skills for each Vault Hunter are viable, but we have noticed some skills have been outperforming others. To encourage more build diversity, we made some adjustments to FL4K and Moze this week.
We also looked at a few boss fights and made balance changes to make their combats more enjoyable. Finally, we went over some enemy behaviors that could have affected mission progression and adjusted some attacks to happen with more frequency.

VAULT HUNTER ADJUSTMENTS
FL4K
Rakk Attack! is great for constant damage output, especially when paired with Anointed gear. The base skill still seems to be lacking, so Rakk Attack! now has a guaranteed status effect on any enemy that it damages. Leave No Trace was returning much more ammo than intended, and we have added a re-trigger delay to keep its ammo return within expectation. Barbaric Yawp has an increased bonus, as we didn't feel that the amount of investment had an equal payoff. In addition, we felt that FL4K's pets were demanding too much attention, which was interfering with players trying to stand still for any length of time, so we disabled the ability for them to move you around.
  • Rakk Attack! status effect chance as been increased to 100%.
  • Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
  • Barbaric Yawp stat bonus increased by 100%
  • Pets no longer push around player characters
  • "Touch Pet" prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines
Moze
Infinite Grenades is not an intentional build for Moze—even if it is hilarious. To lower the power (and spam) of this build, a re-trigger delay has been added to the grenade portion of Means of Destruction.
  • Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES
  • Adjusted the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed
These three boss fights had concerns with their health and shields that made their combat loops more difficult than we intended. Gigamind had a little too much health, so that was reduced slightly. Katagawa Ball will no longer regenerate its shields; we found that while players contended with the adds during the fight, it would unfairly regenerate its shield, negating the players' progress. Finally, Billy had 25% of his health removed; we agree that this fight often dragged on needlessly. We will be monitoring each of these bosses and may make further adjustments in the future.
  • Bloated Rakks no longer spawn so many Rakklesnakes
This change should make the Cistern of Slaughter in particular much more fun.
  • Adjusted the cooldown values when they are displayed for Zane's skills
  • Amara's Glamour will now turn enemies on each other, as described in the Action Skill
  • Modified the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy
  • Spiderant Emperors occasionally wouldn't drill back out of the ground, which created a potential progression blocker in the Proving Ground of Survival; we have adjusted this and the issue has been addressed
  • Resolved an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devil's Razor
  • Lavender Crawly's physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon
  • Further safe guarded Apollo from being launched out of world as well
  • The Rampager will no longer enter an idle at state at inappropriate times
  • Saurian Slingers attacks were addressed
  • Guardians now use all their attacks in Playthrough 2
  • Guardian Wraiths now reliably use all their ranged attacks
  • NPCs in the Slaughter maps were reported to sometimes attempt to automatically revive players in the arena. Going forward they will no longer attempt to revive players
  • Minimized the glow effect when opening Eridian ammo chests, can more easily see the ammo inside when opened

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this means the bank is finally fixed. Funny that they keep nerfing FL4K's critical build, but I don't think the Moze nerf will have a huge impact.
Anybody at the point in the story where you meet Typhon? I need to matchmake with someone who isn't too far so I can circumvent a gamebreaking bug on my end where a mission won't progress because the NPC is just standing around. Only way to do that is joining a game where it still works, but I need to follow the storypath, skipping doesn't work.

Would be very much apprechiated. Online matchmaking with randoms is completely bunk.
Which platform?

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't fix the bug where you can lose the fast travel stations on the planets if you do a Co-Op session with someone with a lower level. I did split screen with my daughter and when I went back to solo I only had access to the fast travel stations from her playthrough (like 3). Sucks

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't fix the bug where you can lose the fast travel stations on the planets if you do a Co-Op session with someone with a lower level. I did split screen with my daughter and when I went back to solo I only had access to the fast travel stations from her playthrough (like 3). Sucks
Also didn't fix the bug where you can't progress the story after Typhon just stands around doing nothing.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
So the last critical bugs left are
crashing
Zane/Amara skills not working
menu lag

Then the UI scaling which is being worked on

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Lavender Crawly's physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon"

Lol that happened to me, I love the description they had.

Also thank god Glamour is actually working, I won't use it probably ever outside of messing around.

""Touch Pet" prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines"

Booooo (this is a good change but still lol)

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What started to happen, after 50h or so: I can't filter missions/quests anymore (by location for example). Every time I hit Square, the game crashes. Reproduced it a few times.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
That's awful! I think I've done the Kevin Kondrum quest. But, I don't think I've done Baby Dancer Claptrap one yet. There's a few pre-req quests I need to do to unlock that one, like Echo Net Neutrality. I'll let you know when I get it unlocked! I'll see if I have time after my afternoon class!
Awesome, let me know!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I'm just killing too slowly or what, but I don't really see what the big deal with the Slaughter Shaft is. I easily cleared it a few times, but it took 20 - 30 minutes per run, and the experience was hot trash. Yes, there were plenty of legendary drops, and having the minimap full of stars makes it seem like it's a good farming spot, but I didn't find it to be any more lucrative loot wise than farming Chupacabratch or Graveward, both of which give a lot more experience for the same time.

Maybe it's faster with Amara, but all I did was shoot the Hive over and over, kept tossing grenades and also used a radiation Laser-Sploder. Was pretty easy except when it came to the badasses that would spam the hell out of the cryo rocket or whatever they were shooting. Shit was annoying, since all you heard was shattering ice and it fills up the entire screen so you can't actually see anything.

If nothing else, it sure breaks the monotony of farming the same 2-3 bosses though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does Amara's ricochet skill not always work? Sometimes I see my gigantic electric shotgun blasts bouncing all over the place, other times I don't think it's happening at all....

I am literally doing Baby Dancer Claptrap after work tonight. I have limited play times so I can't exactly sit around waiting for you but if you are on when I do it you are welcome to tag along friend.

My PSN is MCFluffyNuts

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Hope the first big patch at the end of this month will bring some serious optimization to consoles. I want a smoother performance mode and a stable 30fps resolution mode.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Another Fl4k nerf huh. Honestly glad Shadowkeep is out now because I probably won't touch BL3 until Bloody Harvest (and more patches with actual useful fixes) comes out.

Jan 4, 2018
Damn, they really don't want FL4K to do shit. The reduced duration of GitM meant that a reload mid usage was basically the end of your action skill. Leave No Trace let you maintain a steady output for the few crucial seconds you were in Fade Away.

Guess I'll put Amazing Grace back on and spec out of Leave No Trace.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the last critical bugs left are
crashing
Zane/Amara skills not working
menu lag

Then the UI scaling which is being worked on
And Typhon not doing what he needs to do in a mission even after reloading, restarting or reinstalling, halting your story progress completely until you manage to matchmake with someone who doesn't have the bug and can do the mission normally. Since the matchmaking with randoms sucks really bad, I'll need to wait a week or two for my rl friends to reach that point in the story.

Oh, and Mayhem mods are still not active on PS4 in TVHM before beating the game a second time, either.

It's wild how much serious stuff flies under the radar. There's just too much of it.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
can you put the PS4 in pretty mode yet (lol forgot the official name) or are we still stuck with performance???