• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does anyone with a PS4 Pro have an SSD? The loading times are insane and I'm curious if the SSD makes a big difference here.

I have 37 seconds loading time from main screen to Athenas on Pro with default hard drive for reference.
Can't really give you any useful numbers, but: 3 1/2 Claptraps for the initial loading to the title screen (PS4 Pro / SSD). It's 5 Claptraps on a regular PS4 with default HDD (don't know if the Pro or SSD makes the difference).

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone seeing decent results from the event this week? On Xbox One and I've been farming Pain & Terror for the past hour and a half on Mayhem 3 in hopes of getting a Bloodletter mod for Moze, but I haven't pulled a single legendary anything in that time, let alone the supposed increased drop rate for class mods.

Been seeing them drop left and right from
Katagawa Jr.
, but it doesn't seem like they are necessarily dropping all that much more than they previously did. I'm just doing Normal Mayhem 3 for now. He's not difficult either, just probably one of the most annoying to fight without a one-shot build. I might try farming P&T instead.

I did the same last night and got a couple, which would be cool, expect I also got one of those Torgue Laser-Splodey guns to drop and it WRECKS. I don't know exactly what's going on, but it melts enemies and is somehow really ammo efficient. Not sure if it's procing FL4K's crit ammo return or what, but I can kill a lot of dudes with a 25 round clip.

Those guns are good in general, even without skills factored in.

Jan 4, 2018
Got The Duc and Hellwalker last night on FL4K. Feeling truly alive. Now if only I'd stop getting Siren's Mark trinkets that make me think I'm getting real legendaries...

Oct 27, 2017
So if I just want to play someone with a run-and-gun attitude and not use a whole lot of gimmicky stuff (like pets or mechs), would Zane be the best choice?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So if I just want to play someone with a run-and-gun attitude and not use a whole lot of gimmicky stuff (like pets or mechs), would Zane be the best choice?
Zane and Amara are the only ones with movement speed buffs but Moze can sprint while shooting. Also Zane is constantly using action skills. Amara has 1 action skill (well 11 but only one at a time).

Honestly Amara would prolly be your best bet.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody recommend some good farming spots for legendary weapons or shields? I'm deployed and a friend and I have been trying to clear Slaughterhouse 3000 for like 3 days. We either get to the 3rd round and get overwhelmed by the enemies with shock or we come across a bug that shows no enemies left on the map but we cannot advance to the next wave/round? We're just trying to get the last few trophies. I looked online for a few builds but after farming for a while, we've come across no legendary drops. I get better gear from common enemies than I do with bosses.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Can anybody recommend some good farming spots for legendary weapons or shields? I'm deployed and a friend and I have been trying to clear Slaughterhouse 3000 for like 3 days. We either get to the 3rd round and get overwhelmed by the enemies with shock or we come across a bug that shows no enemies left on the map but we cannot advance to the next wave/round? We're just trying to get the last few trophies. I looked online for a few builds but after farming for a while, we've come across no legendary drops. I get better gear from common enemies than I do with bosses.

1. What platform?
2. What characters you playing?
3. What level are you?

I've got a ton of Legendaries I'm giving away, so I may have some stuff you need. PS - I'm on PS4.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I unfortunately didn't have much time to play last night, but I did 6 runs of Katagawa and got 3 legendary class mods on Mayhem 3 with Loaded Dice and a bunch of Guardian Points into Luck.

Got one (though not the one I wanted) first try with Katagawa. Thanks! Time to farm for a bit.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
I can't seem to handle mayhem 3 as elemental amara. I'm using phasezerker COM, specced for hellcat, using ties that bind&allure. My guns are Rowan's call, Lucian's call, Brainstormer and The Butcher.

Also I've heard that the shared damage of Ties that bind triggers Samsara. Can ayone confirm this and if so is it worth running?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't tried Mayhem levels yet aside from Mayhem 3 and it was nuts. Does that make that big of a difference? What mayhem level should I use?
Makes a huge difference for loot. Start with Mayhem 1 then work your way up, make sure to check the map after every new zone or reset so you know what the modifiers are.

AldzDrakul

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone on PC have a Legendary Elemental Projector Static Charge artifact or any of its kind that boost damage?

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone seeing decent results from the event this week? On Xbox One and I've been farming Pain & Terror for the past hour and a half on Mayhem 3 in hopes of getting a Bloodletter mod for Moze, but I haven't pulled a single legendary anything in that time, let alone the supposed increased drop rate for class mods.
P&T were not droping anything for me except blue & green items, so I farmed Katawaga for about 3 hours last night and managed to get a few guns I did not have yet, as well as 5 legendary class mods for Moze (Bloodletter finally!), 3 for Amara, and 1 each for FL4K and Zane. The whole thing is random...Katawaga started off dropping only guns, but then I was getting a mod every 2-3 runs, and then they just stopped again. I would suggest farming him for awhile (Atlas HQ).

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Zane and Amara are the only ones with movement speed buffs but Moze can sprint while shooting. Also Zane is constantly using action skills. Amara has 1 action skill (well 11 but only one at a time).

Honestly Amara would prolly be your best bet.
i find zane to be a good run and gunner just throw out your clone and STNL and focus on different enemies and clears them pretty fast. and if you spec yourself right you can ignore his skills and you just will have grenades popping off left and right

GingeBinge

Mar 13, 2019
I apologize if this question has been asked recently, but have the performance problems (framerate chugs, inventory freezes, etc.) been improved for the PS4 Pro yet, specifically in local splitscreen mode? I'm really wanting to pick this game up but I primarily play this series with my girlfriend and I want to make sure it'll be a smoothish experience.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
I can't seem to handle mayhem 3 as elemental amara. I'm using phasezerker COM, specced for hellcat, using ties that bind&allure. My guns are Rowan's call, Lucian's call, Brainstormer and The Butcher.

Also I've heard that the shared damage of Ties that bind triggers Samsara. Can ayone confirm this and if so is it worth running?
I'd highly recommend incorporating elemental Crossroads into the Hellcat build, especially with an Elemental Projector artifact. I haven't been running Samsara with it, but I'd be surprised if it worked.

I've found that the key is to utilize the extra movement speed from Mindfulness (you're essentially always at 25 stacks if you inflict yourself with a status ailment) to stay mobile and pick off priority targets with Phasegrasp; Ties that Bind and Indiscriminate should clear out everything in the general area of your target.

Be sure to have Helping Hands and some points into Root to Rise and One with Nature as well. If you use a Transformer and set your action-skill element to Incendiary or Corrosive, you'll be immune to shock and have high resistance to another element due to One with Nature. Arms Deal is also useful for Slaughter Shaft to help deal with the rocket launchers from the Badasses there.

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I apologize if this question has been asked recently, but have the performance problems (framerate chugs, inventory freezes, etc.) been improved for the PS4 Pro yet, specifically in local splitscreen mode? I'm really wanting to pick this game up but I primarily play this series with my girlfriend and I want to make sure it'll be a smoothish experience.

Unless a patch has dropped in the last 24 hours then no, those are still a thing. Personally I think it's fine on single player but in local co op going to your inventory or a shop tanks the framerate and causes chugging. It's playable but annoying, makes going to inventory during battle a real hassle. Keep waiting.

Edit: And subtitles are either broken or weird in local co op too, if that's something that matters.

Last edited:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
They need to do one of two things to Iron Bear. Either...

A) Make him WAY tankier than he is now in the end game.

Or

B) Make his weapons deal more DPS than Moze could manage on her own.

If his weapons are not going to be an alluring alternative to Moze's own arsenal then he needs to provide way more protection as a defensive tool. If he's going to remain as squishy as he is now then his weapons need to provide the potential for massive burst damage in order to make him desirable and useful as an offensive tool.

GingeBinge

Mar 13, 2019
Unless a patch has dropped in the last 24 hours then no, those are still a thing. Personally I think it's fine on single player but in local co op going to your inventory or a shop tanks the framerate and causes chugging. It's playable but annoying, makes going to inventory during battle a real hassle. Keep waiting.

Edit: And subtitles are either broken or weird in local co op too, if that's something that matters.
Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll keep waiting, then. I hope it's patched sooner rather than later, I'd really like to play this.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is it reasonable to expect more overall performance improvements to the PC version anytime soon?

I'm super glad the Zoom/ADS bullshit was fixed in the first performance patch, but overall, there's still stutter and framedips everywhere, all the time, except when literally nothing is happening on screen. Its the same whether I'm on High or Very Low settings, presets or manual changes. Le sigh. Any advice? Maybe I'll try DX12 again. Haven't tried it since swapping my new 2060 6gb to a 2070 Super 8gb instead.

Also, Woah, as a relative newb to Borderlands, I didn't realize you could FARM bosses. I'm a seasoned WoW player and familiar with that gameplay loop. Same thing here? Can you replay bosses anytime and get scaled up rewards for your level? Do they each have specific loot tables? Is there a good site that lists everything? (kind of like WoWhead for WoW) How does that all work? The game doesn't really explain it you. That said, I'm still early I think. Level 18 and only about 5 or 6 bosses into the campaign.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Can you replay bosses anytime and get scaled up rewards for your level?

Mayhem mode should scale everything to your level, as far as I'm aware.

As far as farming, I believe you just go kill the boss and get loot, quit game, log back in and do it again. A lot of the bosses have save points just before them, making it pretty easy.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Killed Agonizer thirty times, and got three class mods for Moze. None were Bloodletter, and I'm wondering what the odds are of me even getting a better one than what I have now (it was my second mod for her too). Mine has 18% critical damage, but also three to Desperate Measures, which adds 50% gun damage.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Mayhem mode should scale everything to your level, as far as I'm aware.

As far as farming, I believe you just go kill the boss and get loot, quit game, log back in and do it again. A lot of the bosses have save points just before them, making it pretty easy.
Oh so it's not actually a supported activity in the game necessarily? You actually have to log out to trigger a respawn? Seems strange

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't pain and terror not drop anything legendary? I read something like that somewhere.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Makes a huge difference for loot. Start with Mayhem 1 then work your way up, make sure to check the map after every new zone or reset so you know what the modifiers are.
I totally forgot about this when I first started running mayhem and thought I was going crazy when my guns would suddenly become a lot less effective.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't pain and terror not drop anything legendary? I read something like that somewhere.

Just posted how they dropped three class mods for me. Katagawa seems like he has a much higher drop rate for legendaries in general, but his kill times are so fucking random. Agonizer on the other hand, I can kill usually in ten seconds or less.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Katagawa isn't dropping shit for me. Like, nothing.
Killed him 10x. Got 1 legendary.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you on mayhem modes for farming? And dw about slaughterstar 3000, it's by far the hardest thing in the game and I basically gave up on it.

What's your build? I completed Slaughterstar 3000 on Mayhem 3 last night with a Drone/Clone Build with Zane and had zero issues. Breezes through the whole thing in one go without dying. I spammed those annoying NOGs with MIRV Hex radiation grenades as soon as I saw them, then blasted them with the Hellwalker.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having a bug where they go faster and faster? Like, not only walking speed, everything gets faster and faster. When I died it stopped again, but damn this is crazy.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a class mod I'm happy with. Helps that it makes my favorite DAHL assault rifle relevant again.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So....I just had to respec Moze because I used a point on the turret not realizing it's for co op.

Came across a skill tree guide researching what some of the skills do. Yeah....she is becoming a killing machine now. With a much bigger shield.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember... Do you need to at least have 1 point in the ability for the class mod bonus to be active?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game gets more broken by the minute. I need to follow Typhon, but he just stands there doing nothing. Restarting doesn't work, swapping characters back and forth doesn't work. So now I go online and people say you can't do anything but join a random group online and circumvent this issue that way. I try to join the campaign via matchmaking, and it brings me to proving grounds. I didn't chose proving grounds for fucks sake. Not only that but my character gets so fast sometimes it's hard to navigate for appearently no reason.

I'm so close to finishing off the campaign and start to farm on Mayhem 3, but I guess gamebreaking bugs will prevent me from doing so until the damn event is over. For fucks sake this game makes it hard to like it.

Last edited:

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I can kill graveward so fast there really isnt another boss worth farming but I farmed for like an hour and not one earworm. even if i dont want one I'm still not seeing buffed drops but i can get 1-3 legendaries per run on mayhem 3