• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm wrong but didn't the patch come with the previous hotfixes? Meaning Graveward doesn't give you tons of xp anymore while you're offline and the adjusted loot drops.

Just tested it, and the offline experience thing is still working for whatever reason. Trying to level my Moze from 35, and I was getting ~4300 per Hillbilly online. Offline it's 13K still each. It's like there's either a bug offline that is giving four player experience, or online is screwed up and not giving enough.

So it looks like offline is still the way to go other than farming for class mods.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Just tested it, and the offline experience thing is still working for whatever reason. Trying to level my Moze from 35, and I was getting ~4300 per Hillbilly online. Offline it's 13K still.
Do you have to take your console off the internet e.g. disable network adapter, or do you just set your online mode in game to local only?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have to take your console off the internet e.g. disable network adapter, or do you just set your online mode in game to local only?

I am playing on PC, and what I have to do is connect through the Epic store online first, then I just disconnect from the internet and launch the game. No idea how you would go about it on the consoles, but I am disabling my internet. Setting it to local only might work.

edit: Blooded answered as well, but I just set mine to local on PC and it shows the internet disabled at the title screen, so that's an easier way to do it.

Last edited:

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
As a horny old Jewish man who loves ham, I fell so well represented by Typhon , what a mench ! love that guy !

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Just tested it, and the offline experience thing is still working for whatever reason. Trying to level my Moze from 35, and I was getting ~4300 per Hillbilly online. Offline it's 13K still each. It's like there's either a bug offline that is giving four player experience, or online is screwed up and not giving enough.

So it looks like offline is still the way to go other than farming for class mods.

Wow. Okay. This means I can level my mule-Zane to 50, and mess around with Zane seeing as though I have messed with the other 3 characters already.

You go to your internet settings on your console menu screen and turn off network activity.

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or did mayhem 3 loot get nerfed even more in the last couple days? I just farmed bosses 5 times (Katagawa 3 times and Pain and Terror twice) and got mostly blues, some greens, and a few purples. And these are for bosses that supposedly are dropping more legendaries now.

Just this last weekend it felt like I was having significantly better loot drops. Could just be a bad run but anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: Did 3 more boss runs and same results. This is either the worst run I've had in Mayhem 3 by a long shot or they've tuned down loot even more.

Last edited:

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So what's the end-game build for Zane that won't make me hate myself?

I've been maining the shield tree with a few points in the blue tree I think. I don't use the sentinel or the clone... but I could get used to them if need be.

I've also started a playthrough with Moze and havne't found a useful way to use her action skill yet. The railgun one kinda sucks, but that's the tree I wanted to start with.

I am nearing endgame and i am finding a mod with +3 Duct Tape skill plus a good MIRV grenade preferably the ice one is pretty damn OP because then you have about 1/3 of a chance each bullet to shoot a grenade and the cryo ones have a proximity timer so you do not get caught up works best with high rate of fire weapons.
Man i regret going with Zane, his clone is absolute trash and that was the sole reason i wanted to play him :/

His trees feel underwhelming as well, also the legendary class mod for Digi clone being so trash is an extra spit in the face.

There shoulda been a mod for 2 clones at 75% or 80% dmg, it's like the easiest cool thing you can add to a clone character.
Get a good level legendary shield from Geniviv and a good elemental grenade with a full duct tape skill makes him a DPS monster with three things at once going.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Sigh. Game is random as fuck. I have had to resort to going back to turning my internet off to get it to work like I had originally been doing. When I tried simply setting it to local, it did work for three kills, but then when it said there was an update, and asked if I wanted to return to the title to apply the changes, I said yes. Then, even though it showed offline, I was getting online experience. So, I tried it again with local only, and then when it asked if I wanted to apply the update again, I said no this time. But the next time I loaded into the game, it acted like I was online again, so now I'm just disconnecting and it's working again.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I feel comfortable at this point (150+ hours played) saying that Zane is the only properly balanced and designed character in the game right now. Moze comes close if you ignore certain equipment combos. Zane is strong enough to handle anything the game throws at him, but not so strong that he can remove gameplay from the game at will. I completed Slaughterstar on my first attempt yesterday without a Transformer and it was the most fun I've ever had playing a BL game by a very significant margin. Being 'weak' in this context just means you actually have to play the game, which is how it should be.

At the same time, even once you account for the bugs (which every character has right now) he has exceptionally well designed trees packed with strong skills. Almost every individual talent in both the red and blue trees is good enough to consider using when compared to any other individual talent. Additionally, most of them are impactful enough on gameplay to enable entirely different builds. You can literally swap two talents in both trees and the guns you will want to use become very different than what you wanted with your prior talents. The green tree is a bit too focused (and therefore frequently redundant) compared to the other trees but it does what it says it does very well.

Every other character has at least one build that is strong enough to completely remove gameplay from this videogame, but their other options aren't anywhere near as robust as Zane. Yes, saying that a Flak pet build is 'worthless' is an absurd statement that should be ignored by everyone, but that being the case doesn't mean a pet build is as good as it should be. Fade Away still has issues. Rakk are still buggy and generally poorly designed for a number of reasons. All three of Amara's talent trees have major design issues. She's generally as strong as she is right now due to a bunch of bugs and exploits and even if you refuse to use them to your advantage she's still bolstered by a small selection of incredibly strong single talents and synergies. A build shouldn't be defined by a single talent to the extent that everything else simply doesn't matter.

Zane's bugs should be fixed, and every other character's bugs should also be fixed, but beyond that this game will just flat out become better if every other character is balanced and designed around Zane, rather than the other way around. He's the best baseline by a staggering margin. I don't want to keep playing this game if Zane is turned into the other characters. He's my sole hope for future content.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Is the Torgue Laser-Sploder supposed to be good or real good? Lol. That thing just melts everything in it's path.
I got a Lv 40 Corrosive one off of General Traunt on my first playthrough and it just destroyed everything for the rest of the game.

Just found a Lv 50 Shock one earlier today and it's still great lol

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
I got a Lv 40 Corrosive one off of General Traunt on my first playthrough and it just destroyed everything for the rest of the game.

Just found a Lv 50 Shock one earlier today and it's still great lol
My best, by far, has been the Elongated Musket++. Got it at level 12 and used that thing until I was in the mid-30s. It set EVERYTHING on fire.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
The Musket does melt everything. Mine was doing decent work with armored and shielded enemies. The constant ticks of damage just staggers the enemies. The Eridian Variants for Assault Rifles are also fun to use and they can be found in every element.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
The Musket does melt everything. Mine was doing decent work with armored and shielded enemies. The constant ticks of damage just staggers the enemies. The Eridian Variants for Assault Rifles are also fun to use and they can be found in every element.
My main weapon now is a 130% cryo Night Hawkin. Shields, armor, whatever - it's all destroyed in seconds. Playing on TVHM and literally, nothing can stand up to it.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, the patch doesn't include the two hotfixes, so you can still play offline for buffed Mayhem loot/experience/un-nerfed FL4K/Queen's Call/etc. It's possible that the hotfix updates are still in "beta" and subject to change before being rolled out as official patches; I'm not quite sure.

Either way, as you've said, playing offline is still the way to go if you're not looking for legendary class mods.

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
Either way, as you've said, playing offline is still the way to go if you're not looking for legendary class mods.

Legendary class mods are the one thing I'm looking for right now so I'm stuck with online. I have just about all the legendary weapons I need but trying to get a great roll legendary mod for FL4K.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question about Moze. Do you think Transformer + Stormfront is better than any of the other shields like stopgap or frontloader + recurring hex?

Also which pistol is best suited for her? Foursum, Duc or some other Torgue pistol?

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I'll be able to really take advantage of the increased drops rates this week, as both my Siren and Gunner are level 24-26.

Glad to see stuff like this will happen from time to time, though. Now just make a "double XP" event so that you can get a character to level 50 super quick.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man i regret going with Zane, his clone is absolute trash and that was the sole reason i wanted to play him :/

His trees feel underwhelming as well, also the legendary class mod for Digi clone being so trash is an extra spit in the face.

There shoulda been a mod for 2 clones at 75% or 80% dmg, it's like the easiest cool thing you can add to a clone character.
The problem is how do you activate the second one without switching? And if two are out, how do you decide which to switch to?

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
The problem is how do you activate the second one without switching? And if two are out, how do you decide which to switch to?
Spawn em both the same time one or two bodies apart from each other and switch to whichever because switching is only usefull for proccing effects and moving your clones, this aint Destiny we not actually dodging anything .

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spawn em both the same time one or two bodies apart from each other and switch to whichever because switching is only usefull for proccing effects and moving your clones, this aint Destiny we not actually dodging anything .
Ofc you dodge things. I can't count the amount of times I had to dodge a laser accuracy triple rocket flying towards me by switching with the clone. There's tons of smaller projectiles that can be sidestepped, or avoided with movement abilities. "Switch to whichever clone" is really dumb. "Oh, I guess I randomly switched into this radioactive puddle. Guess I'm dead now"

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

His clone is far from trash. With that dude deployed he absolutely wrecks. Run clone with drone and drop shield, it's not as useful as it looks. Start pumping points into the grenade perks and everything will be shooting out grenades left, right and centre.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone have much experience getting in Iron Bear's "Dakka" Turret in Co-Op? Is it just shite? I've looked for videos but I can't seem to find any where someone gets in the turret to see what it looks like from that perspective.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Ofc you dodge things. I can't count the amount of times I had to dodge a laser accuracy triple rocket flying towards me by switching with the clone. There's tons of smaller projectiles that can be sidestepped, or avoided with movement abilities. "Switch to whichever clone" is really dumb. "Oh, I guess I randomly switched into this radioactive puddle. Guess I'm dead now"
I think there's no activity that benefits from swapping anymore more than side stepping and repositioning which is already a second thought as you're usually destroying everything on sight and nothing is really a challenge.

And whether you find it stupid or not is beside the point as there's plenty of ways they could implement a second clone, hell straight up removing the swap and merely keeping the clone teleport could be the "drawback".

Point is a second clone coulda been a cool legendary class mod that could be both strong and cool compared to the crappy digi clone legendary class mod we got.

His clone is far from trash. With that dude deployed he absolutely wrecks. Run clone with drone and drop shield, it's not as useful as it looks. Start pumping points into the grenade perks and everything will be shooting out grenades left, right and centre.

Done it and was really not impressed, besides if i wanted to grenade i woulda gone Moze.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think there's no activity that benefits from swapping anymore more than side stepping and repositioning which is already a second thought as you're usually destroying everything on sight and nothing is really a challenge.

And whether you find it stupid or not is beside the point as there's plenty of ways they could implement a second clone, hell straight up removing the swap and merely keeping the clone teleport could be the "drawback".

Point is a second clone coulda been a cool legendary class mod that could be both strong and cool compared to the crappy digi clone legendary class mod we got.
Of course there is. You just need to have some cryo applied to you and you get hit by everything instantly. If you are destryoing everything on sight on Mayhem 3, including the sometimes 4 elites at once, all with shield, armor and health, eqipped with triple rocket launchers, please share your Zane build.

I get that it would be cool, but there's too many gameplay inplications where it wouldn't work. It's already disorienting after swapping, imagine if you had to guess which clone you actually swapped to.
The class mod with the clone that applies status effects to every frozen enemy is actually one of his better ones, provided you spec the clone tree and give your clone a good cryo weapon.
Add to that annointed effects like +75% damage increase after clone swap and it's not broken, but pretty good.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have much experience getting in Iron Bear's "Dakka" Turret in Co-Op? Is it just shite? I've looked for videos but I can't seem to find any where someone gets in the turret to see what it looks like from that perspective.
It's pretty bad lol, aiming that thing while your friend is moving is a bitch. But at the start it's some nice free ammo I guess.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having their Xbox One X crashing after the new patch using Moze? Mine just shut off my Xbox 3 times in an hour. Played Zane all night last night no problems.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Anyone here on PS4 and looking to do some Circles of Slaughter tonight? I need to complete two of them (apparently, somehow, already completed Slaughterstar 3000). If so, DM me. I need to get these last few missions checked off my list!

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Of course there is. You just need to have some cryo applied to you and you get hit by everything instantly. If you are destryoing everything on sight on Mayhem 3, including the sometimes 4 elites at once, all with shield, armor and health, eqipped with triple rocket launchers, please share your Zane build.

I get that it would be cool, but there's too many gameplay inplications where it wouldn't work. It's already disorienting after swapping, imagine if you had to guess which clone you actually swapped to.
The class mod with the clone that applies status effects to every frozen enemy is actually one of his better ones, provided you spec the clone tree and give your clone a good cryo weapon.
Add to that annointed effects like +75% damage increase after clone swap and it's not broken, but pretty good.
I literally said you could remove the swap aspect but keep the pulling clone to your positiion (still counting as swapping for the purpose of buffs) aspect which solves any issues besides the spawn point of the second clone

And anyways this is Borderlands, the "gameplay implications" of randomly switching betweens to clones means jack shit, the disorientation could be an unique aspect of the item.

It being annoying or random or barf inducing has never been a problem for Borderlands.

Acting like it's completely implausible is absurd.

Either way we disagree and i don't care to continue this convo anymore.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Hi there! Is anyone willing to help me out with the Trials? I'm looking to complete them for Achievements sake but I keep getting my ass kicked by a few of them. Playing on Xbox!

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
So, really annoyed. Need two side missions - The Kevin Kondundrum and Baby Dancer. On my regular character, The Kevin Kondundrum doesn't even appear as a possible mission anymore. So, I assume I've missed it and am screwed. I've completed it on my TVHM character, but in order to get the "beat all the side missions" trophy, am I literally going to have to complete every side mission again in that playthrough?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Done it and was really not impressed, besides if i wanted to grenade i woulda gone Moze.

If you want to go grenades, you go Zane, not moze. A third of his perks revolve around it. The best part is it can all be auto deployed, I haven't thrown a single grenade myself.

I guess you may need to play around more if it wasn;t impressing you, as I'm having a hell of a time melting everyone.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Continually nerfing drop rates then having a higher drop rate event is some hilarious shit. I don't know how you even do it with a straight face. It's truly overwhelming live support.

The two bosses who drop the only thing left hard to get, class mods, aren't even fun bosses to replay. They're such time wasters. A really shit "event."

10 M3 kills on Agonizer for a single legendary - a skin I already have. Yeah, I'm done until DLC.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but 2K upped the drop rates for certain bosses this week for the 10th Anniversary of Borderlands. List of applicable bosses and Legendaries.

• Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
  • KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
  • Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
  • Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
  • Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o'-the-Wisp
  • Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
  • GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
  • Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
  • Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
  • Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
  • Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
Are any of these actually worth farming? With all the "must have legendaries" talk since release i've never seen any of these mentioned.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
If you want to go grenades, you go Zane, not moze. A third of his perks revolve around it. The best part is it can all be auto deployed, I haven't thrown a single grenade myself.

I guess you may need to play around more if it wasn;t impressing you, as I'm having a hell of a time melting everyone.
Moze's granade bonuses are way better dunno how you could see Zane being better lol.

Moze has grenade crits + life steal + granade capacity + second wind + grenade generation and all the splash bonuses on top.

It's not even close.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
God damn I am having so much fun playing through the campaign solo and with a group of 3 friends. I a currently running all four characters and bringing them along bit by bit. Currently around 30 with all my characters and in the Eden-6 area. Every time I think a build or my weapon load out gets stale, I get a new skill unlock or a weapon that completely surprises me, and it isn't even legendaries that mix things up. I currently have a blue Dahl pistol with my Amara that is absolutely wrecking shit. Nothing special, just a really high damage roll and clip size and it handles great. Just melts mobs. But in terms of legendary fun, I got a flakker shotty and gave it to my Moze with her splash damage build and oh my. Just screen clearing delight.

The guns in this game are so good. Every time I try something new or try to give a different brand a try, I find something to love or appreciate about it.

Oct 27, 2017
These are the Legendary Class Mods I have for Zane. I think the first one is his best if built around the Hitman tree. That Kill Skill is too good!

H4Z2LCG.jpg

4CmSsdS.jpg

QDxwt4K.jpg

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens to Geniviv?

This is the second time I've given Marcus the hard drive with her on it and I still don't know what he does with it. He jokes about installing her in a toilet, but I guess I've never seen a toilet on Sanctuary.
As nothing else was ever said about her during the game, I just assumed she would return in some form with the planned DLC.
Doesn't....

Geniviv end up in the quest gun you get spouting lines at you from time to time?