• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Picked this up, and as is tradition with me and Borderlands, I started as Siren... and I gotta say, this game is still really fun despite the writing being kinda lame to me. It's not treating grating me to the point of wanting to disable voice acting or anything, it's just kinda meh.

I'm genuinely and pleasantly surprised to be having this good of a time, though!

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
Are the playable characters all super tall in this game, or is it just Zane?
I have this feeling that he's like one full head taller than every other NPC, it's kinda weird.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Swapped over to the infamous hellcat build for Amara since the phasecast one is too squishy. Yeah, this build is basically unstoppable. Get you Lucien's, Rowan's and a couple of Crossroads and you win.
So all the guns that didn't drop for me in 5 hours of Gravewarden farming and 4 hours of Traunt farming lol. Man the game hates me.
Are the playable characters all super tall in this game, or is it just Zane?
I have this feeling that he's like one full head taller than every other NPC, it's kinda weird.
Zane is definetly taller than Moze or Amara. I felt like a dwarf when I first played them after playing Zane for 40 hours.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did Gearbox ever mention crossplay coming sooner or later or is the only thing we have is one tweet that Randy made in July?

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I'm in Chapter 19, and have only just seen a skin drop for the first time. I didn't even know they did drop. I don't know if I've had extraordinarily bad luck or what

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
My iced Queen's Call accidently broke Gravewarden mayem 3.
When shooting his orb on his arms, it... broke the boss, it suddenly went without animation to idl stance.

Queen's Call (and King's) are so broken...

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The only customization thing that I found to be pretty rare is weapon skins. I think I've got... one drop with 2 characters around lvl 35 so far.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had some good drops on skins but one thing I miss from BL2 is the ability to sell skins for a decent amount, they were a good source of money in that game. In BL3 they're only worth a dollar

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
man slaughterhouse gets you so many legendary drops on mayhem 3. Did a few round with a friend and we were swimming in them. I now have crossroads in shock, fire, corrosive and radiation lol

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
man slaughterhouse gets you so many legendary drops on mayhem 3. Did a few round with a friend and we were swimming in them. I now have crossroads in shock, fire, corrosive and radiation lol
While this is true, for me it has been nothing but duplicates or items I don't need or want...I keep hoping I'll win the RNG gods over some day.

Despite the issues, I really enjoyed the game, but I must admit it gets extremely boring after a 2nd full playthrough with the inability to skip cutscenes.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
While this is true, for me it has been nothing but duplicates or items I don't need or want...I keep hoping I'll win the RNG gods over some day.

Despite the issues, I really enjoyed the game, but I must admit it gets extremely boring after a 2nd full playthrough with the inability to skip cutscenes.
yeah I haven't bothered leveling someone new because of the cutscenes, just playing on normal when my friends are on to mess around

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I beat it the other day. By the end of the game, I actually really liked the Calypso twins as the villains. I mean, they're still nowhere near the level of Jack, but the last few chapters of the game certainly made them more interesting to me.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably a little over halfway through the campaign. I've been going back and forth between Amara and Moze, and I've gotten both of them to Eden-6, right at the start of that world.

I like the Calypso Twins so far. They're not better than Handsome Jack, but I like them conceptually. The bandits have never really been the *main* villains of the Borderlands campaigns per se, they're just sort of a byproduct. The Atlas corporation and the Crimson Lance were the main villains of 1, Handsome Jack and Hyperion were the villains of 2, a rogue legion from the Dahl corporation were the villains of TPS, and now in 3, the bandits are actually an "organized" horde on the galaxy thanks to the Calypsos. My opinion may change as I get further into the story, but they're fine so far.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
It took me far too long to realize that Rhys' forces have the same armor as the Crimson Lance because Atlas were the backers of the Lance back in BL1.

Also am I just a clown or do several paths in Eden 6's map take you to unbreakable walls?

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
Got BL3, but still playing through BL2.
I have a question about levelling in BL2, is it okay to ask it in this OT?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
What's the best place for me to rush a second character (on a second account so I can level my primary account)? Getting to 30 was relatively quick but now it's becoming a slog.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My iced Queen's Call accidently broke Gravewarden mayem 3.
When shooting his orb on his arms, it... broke the boss, it suddenly went without animation to idl stance.

Queen's Call (and King's) are so broken...
Had the same happen with a Hellwalker, not sure it's just the Queen's and King's call. He just froze in place and did nothing until he was dead.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
What's the best place for me to rush a second character (on a second account so I can level my primary account)? Getting to 30 was relatively quick but now it's becoming a slog.
I just farmed Graveward on Mayhem 3 after beating the campaign; reached 50 in about an hour (did this offline because you gain more experience without the hotfix). Another good option mentioned by Sanctuary is to farm the crew-challenge boss at Rogue's Hollow in Ambermire (there are 4 boss enemies to kill).

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but 2K upped the drop rates for certain bosses this week for the 10th Anniversary of Borderlands. List of applicable bosses and Legendaries.

• Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
  • KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
  • Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
  • Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
  • Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o'-the-Wisp
  • Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
  • GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
  • Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
  • Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
  • Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
  • Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Man i regret going with Zane, his clone is absolute trash and that was the sole reason i wanted to play him :/

His trees feel underwhelming as well, also the legendary class mod for Digi clone being so trash is an extra spit in the face.

There shoulda been a mod for 2 clones at 75% or 80% dmg, it's like the easiest cool thing you can add to a clone character.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I just farmed Graveward on Mayhem 3 after beating the campaign; reached 50 in about an hour (did this offline because you gain more experience without the hotfix). Another good option mentioned by Sanctuary is to farm the crew-challenge boss at Rogue's Hollow in Ambermire (there are 4 boss enemies to kill).

Didn't they just recently patch the game though?

edit: Weird, the patch didn't change that aspect.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but 2K upped the drop rates for certain bosses this week for the 10th Anniversary of Borderlands. List of applicable bosses and Legendaries.

• Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
  • KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
  • Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
  • Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
  • Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o'-the-Wisp
  • Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
  • GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
  • Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
  • Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
  • Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
  • Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch

That's cool. He was one of the few bosses I would farm anyway, and he already seemed to drop them reliably already.

Last edited:

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Man i regret going with Zane, his clone is absolute trash and that was the sole reason i wanted to play him :/

His trees feel underwhelming as well, also the legendary class mod for Digi clone being so trash is an extra spit in the face.

There shoulda been a mod for 2 clones at 75% or 80% dmg, it's like the easiest cool thing you can add to a clone character.

I'm running with his doomguy build and it's wrecking most things right now as I level up after finishing the game with Amara. I'd try that build?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm wrong but didn't the patch come with the previous hotfixes? Meaning Graveward doesn't give you tons of xp anymore while you're offline and the adjusted loot drops.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Got my Zane to 40 and beat the campaign. What would be the fastest stuff to farm XP to get to 50? I don't want to do any of the side quests I missed until 50 so I can get the quest rewards at max level.

I ended the campaign at 42 and just ran slaughterhouse/proving grounds. Slaughter house would get me a little over a full level of XP per run. Proving grounds around 30% of a level.

Yeah, I really hope they keep working on Zane. I like the idea behind his kit, but it's just not where it needs to be right now. Until they fix him, my Zane remains abandoned at 18.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Time for me to clear out my Legendaries. If you want one, or want more info on stats for each, just shoot me a DM. FYI, I'm on PS4.

Sniper Rifles
Woodblock - level 48, Item score 558
Compressing Firestorm, level 50, item score 546
Annexed Vicious Lyuda, level 50, item score 546
Arctic Deft Malak's Bane, level 50, item score 536
Expert Storm, level 45, item score 491
High Capacity Malak's Bane, level 43, item score 488
Compressing Storm, level 43, item score 473

SMGs
Reflexive Ripper, level 50, item score 546
Cloud Kill, level 50, item score 546
Auditing Crossroad, level 50, item score 556
Cloud Kill, level 19, item score 267
Binary Western, level 18, item score 258
Binary Destructoid Spinner, level 14, item score 212
Firesale Humongous Long Musket++, level 12, item score 204
Bankrolled Predatory Lender, level 7, item score 149

Shotguns
Deep Dive Face-Puncher, level 50, item score 546
Mind Killer, level 48, item score 543
Mind Killer, level 48, item score 518
Subsidized The Butcher, level 43, item score 473
Mind Killer, level 30, item score 356
Iron Willed TK's Shockwave, level 26, item score 300

Pistols
Venomous Hornet, level 50, item score 526
Dastardly Unforgiven, level 50, item score 516
The Duc, level 50, item score 541
Baby Maker++, level 50, item score 536
Baby Maker++, level 50, item score 536
The Duc, level 50, item score 516
Gratifying Breeder, level 43, item score 508
Extended Nemesis, level 46, item score 500
Venomous Hornet, level 31, item score 356
Dastardly Amazing Grace, level 30, item score 346
Stark Sellout, level 26, item score 320

Assault Rifles
Quickdraw Bekah, level 50, item score 536
Rowan's Call, level 43, item score 463
Loaded Hand of Glory, level 24, item score 292

Launchers
Stuffed Tunguska, level 50, item score 526
Stuffed Quadomizer, level 50, item score 546

Class Mods
Moze - Boomin's Growling Bear Trooper, level 50, item score 521
FL4K - Tribal Refreshed Friend-Bot, level 50, item score 521
Moze - Tenacious Bloodletter, level 26, item score 305
Moze - Thermobaric Gambling Rocketeer, level 23, item score 278

Shields
Fallout Red Suit, level 50, item score 476
The Transformer, level 40, item score 376
Razor Wire Red Suit, level 34, item score 332
Subsidized Stop-Gap, level 29, item score 287
Resonant Back Ham, level 29, item score 282
Brawler Ward, level 29, item score 282
Shooting Star, level 22, item score 204

Grenades
Nagata, level 50, item score 456
It's Piss, level 34, item score 312

Eridian Artifacts
Radiohead Rocket Boots, level 47, item score 429

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So what happens to Geniviv?

This is the second time I've given Marcus the hard drive with her on it and I still don't know what he does with it. He jokes about installing her in a toilet, but I guess I've never seen a toilet on Sanctuary.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. You got a good modifier for that Facepuncher. People have been looking for that modifier lol.

I already have one and I don't have PS+.

Oct 27, 2017

Shield + Drone is the way to go, but they definitely need to rework his kit a bit more. Not sure why they nerfed him before launch.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
So what happens to Geniviv?

This is the second time I've given Marcus the hard drive with her on it and I still don't know what he does with it. He jokes about installing her in a toilet, but I guess I've never seen a toilet on Sanctuary.
As nothing else was ever said about her during the game, I just assumed she would return in some form with the planned DLC.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Shield + Drone is the way to go, but they definitely need to rework his kit a bit more. Not sure why they nerfed him before launch.
There have been two threads on /r/borderlands3 detailing how many of Zane's skill's are not giving the correct buffs or procing correctly. He is basically nerfed right now because half a dozen or more of his skills on his trees are broken.