• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Handsome Jackhammer plays into Tales somehow since there seems to be another Jack AI in the gun itself

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking in circle of slaughter is a lag filled mess, but I did get like 3 levels and a ton of legendaries.

Is it supposed to be absurdly difficult? Everything that spawns seems like it's a badass, has multiple health bars, and one-shots me from range.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, these bugs...

Lost all my fast travel and planet locations because I played coop with a fresh new character for two of my characters (one has cleared the game already so I really lost everything, lol).

The solution is to simply visit every planet via drop pot and revisit every fast travel location.

Luckily it didn't wreck my tvhm progress...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Mayhem modifiers need a total overhaul. -50% gun damage and 30% chance that enemies deflect projectiles is just dumb. They need to be more creative and offer more of a challenge than just straight up "hey every few shots you're probably going to get hit by your own bullets!!!"

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Does Traunt drop the Hellwalker or not? I've been farming him for a awhile and got a totally different legendary shotgun instead.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Man, I am loving The Duc right now. It kills most heavies in seconds and with Moze's Some For The Road skill I can wipe out entire mobs in a blink of an eye.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure if this is a sign that my computer is "dying" or something, but sometimes the screen freeze for a second or two and there's a big "buzz" sound coming out of my speakers. Not the kind of thing I noticed before playing this game, but it's worrying.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
The birthday party mission is pretty heartbreaking
Mortis voice sells it when you attempt to do the objectively bad objective.

So what's the end-game build for Zane that won't make me hate myself?

I've been maining the shield tree with a few points in the blue tree I think. I don't use the sentinel or the clone... but I could get used to them if need be.

I've also started a playthrough with Moze and havne't found a useful way to use her action skill yet. The railgun one kinda sucks, but that's the tree I wanted to start with.
I am nearing endgame and i am finding a mod with +3 Duct Tape skill plus a good MIRV grenade preferably the ice one is pretty damn OP because then you have about 1/3 of a chance each bullet to shoot a grenade and the cryo ones have a proximity timer so you do not get caught up works best with high rate of fire weapons.

Last edited:

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
So what's the end-game build for Zane that won't make me hate myself?

I've been maining the shield tree with a few points in the blue tree I think. I don't use the sentinel or the clone... but I could get used to them if need be.

I've also started a playthrough with Moze and havne't found a useful way to use her action skill yet. The railgun one kinda sucks, but that's the tree I wanted to start with.

He got some buffs so I'm probably going to respec, but this is what I finished the game with. Or something close to that at least.
I found some money making tracking bombs so I boosted the hell out of his bomb perks. I was making 2 mil a run in the final dungeons.

It was a lot of fun killing a little creep and just going ham on everyone else when your kill skills triggered. And his final blue perk was great for bosses, since using any ability triggers all your passives too.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, these bugs...

Lost all my fast travel and planet locations because I played coop with a fresh new character for two of my characters (one has cleared the game already so I really lost everything, lol).

The solution is to simply visit every planet via drop pot and revisit every fast travel location.

Luckily it didn't wreck my tvhm progress...
I came to post this bug. Did a split screen session with my daughter, my level 38 Moze with her level 8 or so Moze, we took down Mouthpiece, I got her to Sanctuary and started on Promethia. I went back later to play and farm but could only travel to the spots she was at. Pissed me off, I don't get much gaming time and was going to level up my Moze in Mayhem. I've got a buddy about my level and he's going to take me around to all the fast travel stations sometime this week. Luckily I didn't lose anything else. First large scale bug I ran into knock on wood

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I came to post this bug. Did a split screen session with my daughter, my level 38 Moze with her level 8 or so Moze, we took down Mouthpiece, I got her to Sanctuary and started on Promethia. I went back later to play and farm but could only travel to the spots she was at. Pissed me off, I don't get much gaming time and was going to level up my Moze in Mayhem. I've got a buddy about my level and he's going to take me around to all the fast travel stations sometime this week. Luckily I didn't lose anything else. First large scale bug I ran into knock on wood

I don't think you need to run to every fast travel station if you play with a friend. If he already has every station unlocked they'll be unlocked for you too.

I tested this out with my two broken characters. I had the fast travel location unlocked at least for the region I was in. So maybe one play session should be enough to sync it.

My problem is that I have no way to enter Pandora. There is no drop pod for the planet and both my characters had only the first map unlocked. Now I need a third character to unlock the fast travel station - play split screen to reset everything on my other character to at least get back to Pandora, lol...

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Wow.

4 players. Cistern of Slaughter. Last round, last wave, last enemy.
Enemy glitches through a wall, thus rendering the entire thing null and void.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Ugh, my level 36 Moze has died six times now trying to beat Troy, no other boss has given me this kinda trouble. This is not fun, taking a break from the game for now.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.

4 players. Cistern of Slaughter. Last round, last wave, last enemy.
Enemy glitches through a wall, thus rendering the entire thing null and void.
Given the sheer amount of flying enemies they throw in and how buggy the game is, it seems like a guarantee at least one will glitch out of the map during a match. It's scared me off playing the Cistern entirely.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is on the hunt for world drop legendaries I highly recommend farming Traunt. Just pop it on Normal mode with Mayhem 1 (or 2 if you think you're geared for it) and you'll be getting legendaries almost every other run.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone on PS4 need to do the online trophies to duel, trade an item with a friend and revive another player? Maybe if there's time even head to the firing range to get that perfect score? :)

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite gun with FL4K is the Star Helix. It chews through everything like a mini Lyuda. I also love that it's a reference to my favorite show.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
Finished the game with Moze,and while gameplay is superior to the other borderlands games...the story and the antagonists were so bad
And lets not talk about the humor :/
Id play it again for the gameplay but I think ill wait for some bug fixes,dunno about the other versions but the ps4 one is full of weird ones

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah , the anointed enemies are stupidest fucking enemies in any Borderlands. They jump around so you can't get a second wind off of them and they are fucking immune to nearly everything. You are fucked if you get -50% less normal bullet damage on mayhem mode

The aggro tink ones that charge at you and shrink/grow are so fucking annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is on the hunt for world drop legendaries I highly recommend farming Traunt. Just pop it on Normal mode with Mayhem 1 (or 2 if you think you're geared for it) and you'll be getting legendaries almost every other run.

Chupa is also a viable Legendary farming method, yeah? Quick and easy on Mayhem 3.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game with Moze,and while gameplay is superior to the other borderlands games...the story and the antagonists were so bad
And lets not talk about the humor :/
Id play it again for the gameplay but I think ill wait for some bug fixes,dunno about the other versions but the ps4 one is full of weird ones

I thought the actual story about kids who grew up with stories from the first vault hunter believing that they were entitled/heirs to the vaults was kinda interesting. It's just that the annoying streamer personality stuff was - well, annoying as fuck.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, what did they mean by the story being more like BL1 than BL2. Because, it's pretty far from that goal.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Is the drop rate supposed to be so underwhelming?

99% of the drops so far are white and green. Granted, I'm only four or so hours in, but still, come on Gearbox

Jan 4, 2018
Man, my last three legendaries have all been shields. Feels bad. One of them was great but now that I keep getting more I'm just like "please, anything else".

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Is the drop rate supposed to be so underwhelming?

99% of the drops so far are white and green. Granted, I'm only four or so hours in, but still, come on Gearbox

Yup, just like past games and other GAAS like Destiny. Keep playing and the good loot will come. At least this time the lower quality loot isn't so bad to play around with.

Is no one putting guardian points into luck? I have around 20% luck and oranges fall like rain.

Just under 10% now. Gonna try my hand at some farming now and will see how it goes.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, just like past games and other GAAS like Destiny. Keep playing and the good loot will come. At least this time the lower quality loot isn't so bad to play around with.
Yeah I will say some of the green-tier guns still hold their own, it's still a bummer to go through long play sessions without getting anything exciting

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, I've completed all side missions and done everything except a few trophies for the platinum. Any reason to not start TVHM on my PS4 right now other than the whole thing about not being able to play at Mayhem 3? Gonna still try to farm an infinity pistol from Troy because that other one's getting annoying, being on fire all the time and all. Figure there's not much point in farming too much when not in TVHM though since the new loot will replace this crap quickly enough.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The multiplayer is such garbage when you're not host. I don't know why this is still a thing in a coop game.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I could see the issues with it in higher difficulties without buffs. The most recent patch didn't even touch her.
Thankfully it's at least doing its job in normal mode which i'm still on.
yeah for now my friend is doing the no hp all shields and regen build (got him the relic that reduces his HP to 1) and just running 3 different flakkers lol

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it posted on reddit but the slaughter shaft drops crazy amounts of legendaries, can be difficult but if you can do it you should see a lot. After 5 waves there was around 20-25 on the ground.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Rngeezus blessed me with a godly Speedloadn' Hellwalker. Mayhem 3 Graveward didn't stand a chance.