• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man I'm really disapointed that they didn't fix the no Mayhem option for TVHM. I have literaly no desire to play TVHM without it.

Have they even mentioned the damn problem?
I don't think it's really a problem. I always thought you had to clear TVHM to unlock Mayhem. And this unlcks after you beat TVHM on consoles.

Maybe the PC version is just bugged andet's you use Mayhem mode early. I just rushed through TVHM to unlock it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So they nerf Fl4k but didn't even touch Moze huh lmao

Guess nobody told them about her broken ass grenade build that makes Mayhem 3 Circle of Slaughter (and anything else really) absolutely trivial

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
A little sad they nerfed Jakobs pistols, those were my favorite weapons. But I'm still gonna play with them, even with less damage, I love them too much to give up!
I don't care about the Fl4k crit build nerf, but I wish they boosted the pets or the master three. Maybe another time...

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Question about the dead Claptrap quest. I've gone through and 100% found every single one in the game. Is there supposed to be a quest or something that pops up once I have them all? I heard that the last part of that quests is what's needed to 100% a map on Pandora...or something.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Question about the dead Claptrap quest. I've gone through and 100% found every single one in the game. Is there supposed to be a quest or something that pops up once I have them all? I heard that the last part of that quests is what's needed to 100% a map on Pandora...or something.
Did you turn them into claptrap on sanctuary?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Collecting all the Claptraps should reward you with the Baby Maker SMG from Veronica

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Did you turn them into claptrap on sanctuary?

Ugh, of course. Thanks. Was just thrown off and was expecting a mission prompt or something.

And LOL. So apparently my game bugged out and I can't get Claptrap's last mission because a previous mission in that chain never appeared as an option to do (The Kevin Konundrum). Damn this game.

Last edited:

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
why does my shield keep breaking everytime i use Zane's action skills??? is this a glitch?

Oct 27, 2017
Lowkey glad they nerfed Guerillas in the Mist because it prompted me to try a new build on FL4K and I'm loving Gamma Burst.
As someone who ran gamma burst the whole playthrough, I loved it and it was super fun but I just beat the game and jumped into mayhem 2 yesterday just to mess around and my pet was getting tore up. I jumped into mayhem 3 and it was basically a brick wall

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just rolled the credits. The story dragged on at points, but they stuck the landing IMO. Also, LOL at that end credits song.

Perfect.

Jan 4, 2018
As someone who ran gamma burst the whole playthrough, I loved it and it was super fun but I just beat the game and jumped into mayhem 2 yesterday just to mess around and my pet was getting tore up. I jumped into mayhem 3 and it was basically a brick wall

I'm still leveling but it doesn't surprise me that a pet build doesn't scale great into endgame. Seems like at endgame FL4K's pets are best used for their passive buffs.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why does my shield keep breaking everytime i use Zane's action skills??? is this a glitch?

Yeah Zane has a class mod that increases his gun damage and movement speed the lower his shield is. It also breaks your shield every time you use a class skill. Basically making you a glass canon every time you use a skill.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Claptrap's last mission that dancing one? I didn't see its relevance to going after all of those parts.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone wanna help out with the last wave on Slaughterstar 3000? I can't beat it because I run out of ammo :(.

PSN: SuperYlvis

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
I need help in deciding which legendary class mod is better for FL4K Crit build:
  1. Bounty Hunter mod: 3% chance to automatically trigger a random hunter skill on each bullet.
  2. DE4DEYE mod: FL4K and his pet have 35% damage buff on enemies with over 75% health
Anyone else using either of these with a Crit build?

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I know I had a class mod with that effect for Zane called "(prefix) infiltrator", maybe you had it auto-equip on pickup by mistake? Otherwise, yeah, most likely a glitch.
Yeah Zane has a class mod that increases his gun damage and movement speed the lower his shield is. It also breaks your shield every time you use a class skill. Basically making you a glass canon every time you use a skill.

thank you for the replies, guys! that is what it was.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Ugn, so I just realized I've never really played much Borderlands endgame. I just cleared the campaign w/ FL4K and finished at level 42.

Should be jumping in to TVHM to play through the campaign again and get to 50? Or should I just turn on Mayhem modifiers in my Normal game and grind to 50 that way?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They're pretty fast on the balance patches.

Hope the next one buffs iron bear and the pets.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Fuckin Yeeeeessssss for those Zane buffs!! imma make that shit work this weekend. My digiclone with his copy of my Unforgiven is gon be gud!

Reading through the notes reminds that I should probably try an Atlas gun someday. I don't think i've used one for longer than maybe 20 minutes before replacing it with someone else Dahl or what not.
Maybe now they'll have enough punch that we can't ignore em.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran into an issue where the game would freeze for a second or two over and over and over again during an encounter in the burger mission on Promethea. Anyone else run into freezing on the new update?

edit - on pc

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
So is flak no good just post game?

I'm using gamma burst build and my pet is just destroying enemies, and I almost have gamma up all the time. I'm level 35 towards the end of the game.

what is the best tree to spec Into post game?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's fucked. I usually save it for when I am surrounded and getting my ass kicked, so about 20% of my deaths has been because of that bug.
Well it should still fully regen your shield and health. At least it has for me. Still a pretty glaring bug though

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally beat the campaign is there a super boss like terramorphis?.
Unfortunately no, but we are getting a raid like activity called a takedown thats coming in November*. we should also be getting more than 1 takedown in the future. as far as i know there also isnt a rare super enemy spawn like verm either.

*subject to change

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to power level a second character/skip the story? Really dont want to do it all again.

On PS4 and there's not really a way to do this for your main account. I'm sure it's similar on PC and XB1. I think someone said there's a trick to doing this but I haven't looked into it.

I've just committed to using my mules as actual characters now. I cannot do a 3rd playthrough with unskippable cutscenes. Set to Mayhem 3, kill a bunch of anointeds, badasses, and bosses, and I was level 50 in some odd hours for my mules.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to power level a second character/skip the story? Really dont want to do it all again.
Walk around outside yelling "$10 to anyone who wants to play borderlands 3 for me."

I'm sure some nearby teenager will come to your aid >.>

but yeah, no easy way. You would think after they made comments about how they were likely not going to do DLC characters because no one wanted to start all over with a new character they would have went... oh wait, what if we add the option to create a character with the same amount of progress as another character of your choice on your profile... but they didn't.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
You would think after they made comments about how they were likely not going to do DLC characters because no one wanted to start all over with a new character they would have went... oh wait, what if we add the option to create a character with the same amount of progress as another character of your choice on your profile... but they didn't.

Are there games that actually do this?

Does BL3 have the badass ranks type deal where new characters do get at least some boost?

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Having played D3 for a stupid amount of hours it's kinda disappointing there isn't an equivalent of adventure mode (skips story, everything unlocked). I want to try other characters, but not redo the entire story. Guess I'll stick with Amara.

Edit: guardian ranks are shared.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Does BL3 have the badass ranks type deal where new characters do get at least some boost?

Badass ranks got turned into Guardian Ranks and this has 3 different classes you can put your points into. If this is activated on your main account then every character shares this in that specific account. This doesn't apply to side accounts obviously.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
"Now I'm no murder-slouch like that loser Killpro. I'm a killin' pro, like that badass Murderslouch."

Fuck me, that came out of nowhere and I almost shot soda out my nose.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Really itching to play this — has console performance been addressed by any updates yet? May grab it on payday instead of waiting for a sale if it's a bit better. I'll be playing on PS4 Pro, to note.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

A lot of MMOs at least include 1 time use items that bring a new character to the previous max level as they introduce new characters (aka if the level limit was 80 before the new WoW expansion but 90 after they will include an item to bring you to 80 so you can play all the new content with a new character at the previous max level if you want)

I'm having troubles thinking of games I have played where changing the main character requires you to completely restart the progress like borderlands RPG wise. Most games I play have the main characters in a party working together and leveling together :P

Thinking about like diablo and what not I suppose you could just do the same thing as on there as I think about it more.

You would need the help of someone else, but I believe if you join a game that is on the last quest it will just make it so you are on that quest and basically skip the rest even if you go solo later. Combine that with a couple hours of grinding at late game I imagine you would hit 50 pretty fast. But I haven't quite finished the story to test this thought.

Really itching to play this — has console performance been addressed by any updates yet? May grab it on payday instead of waiting for a sale if it's a bit better. I'll be playing on PS4 Pro, to note.

It got a few things patched performance wise in the last 24 hours, but still far from perfect.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Playing w/ FL4K post post patch. The damage nerf isn't nearly as annoying as the duration decrease. Changing from 8 seconds to 6 seconds and the action feels like its over just when you're getting starting. God forbid you need to run someone down. If they dodge, it feels like a wasted use.

If the duration gets dropped to 6 seconds, the base cool down should be lowered as part of the perk.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
Just beat the Rampager and got my third legendary. All pistols so far. The Companion, Unending Magnificent, and Gunerang XL. So far The Companion has been my favorite one but it's starting to get outleveled.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Amara = FL4K > Moze > Zane

Amara and FL4K are solid all around, Moze is good but her action skill is useless in the long run, Zane just sucks, but maybe the recent fix did something about that.

If the question was "fun to play" I definitely wouldn't put Zane last. His abilities need help (which the patch may have addressed), but he's always been fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I remember when everyone thought Amara would suck. She is a beast and the most well-rounded class.

I play on the Pro in performance mode and I think it runs well. I would say buy it and play now. I will say I have not played any co-op yet so I don't how that would affect performance, but solo it's fine.

If the question was "fun to play" I definitely wouldn't put Zane last. His abilities need help (which the patch may have addressed), but he's always been fun.

I don't know. Having to constantly manage his gadgets doesn't seem like fun to me, but's just a personal preference. He is one class I don't plan one ever playing.