• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The menus feel better on Xbox One (base) I think. Also man the pipe bomb is poop (intended) now. What's the hot new grenade now?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Surely they will adress Mayhem on PS4 TVHM not being a thing next right? Right?...
What about an Arctic Nighthawkins? I got one on Amara and it may not be best in slot but it shreds
I had one level 45 but that doesn't really cut it anymore. I have an annointed Kaos that's pretty damn good. Only problem is ammo really.

Feb 21, 2019
I like Zane, alot, but they really need to buff him. He just can't spike damage that is damn near required in this game.

Im not slugging through another 25 hours to get to the end game on another character. Sorry, but no way. That story was a slog.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Man, Circle of Slaughter is pure fucking bullshit. I'm a level 44 Moze and I get wiped on the second wave of round 1. They need to add some i-frames or something when you get a second wind or something because I go down immediately when I get a second wind. Also, the health drops from your shield being damaged needs to be an automatic pickup because you have to be on top of them and be looking directly at them to get the prompt.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Man, in TVHM on mayhem 2, bosses should be a minimum 1 legendary guaranteed. I spent hours slogging through the story twice just to find out that Zane is mediocre at boss kills without the perfect setup. Back to back Graveward kills plus the chests and barely a purple. I can kill him on mayhem 3 but it takes all day and isn't in any way efficient. Also guardian ranks are really slow now. 31k per kill on TVHM mayhem 2 seems low to me.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Maybe it's different on the consoles, but on PC they don't, or their drop rate is so low that they may as well not. Out of the hundreds of legendaries I've seen offline, not one of them was a class mod, and I've seen plenty of them online.

The easiest place to still reliably get them that I've found is Chupacabras. He's really easy to kill with many class builds/weapons that are just as fast, or only slightly longer than Pipe Bomb cheese. With the right build, you can do even faster against
Katagawa Jr.
That's strange, I got one off line at level 17. It might have been from the golden chest?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That's strange, I got one off line at level 17. It might have been from the golden chest?

Maybe it's yet another bug, but it's been mentioned here, other forums and on reddit as an issue. Personally I have not seen a single legendary class mod offline, and I've seen virtually every legendary now. I've also seen at least one of all of the legendary class mods aside from one specific one from Zane, all of which have come from being online, and I've been online a whole lot less time overall than offline.

If someone has gotten one while offline, well then I can't argue that they didn't. I just know what has been happening during my playthroughs.

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the ledge gymnastics needed to get to those out of reach Typhon Logs/etc is just infuriating. Gearbox, never make a platformer, you are awful. One in the Anvil that's literally miss a jump and you fall off a cliff to your death.
When I realized how annoying that Anvil one was going to be I deliberately saved a bit more cash for the next big storage deck upgrade and bought it so my money balance was tiny. Only then did I go back as any falls would cost me virtually nothing.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Some of the ledge gymnastics needed to get to those out of reach Typhon Logs/etc is just infuriating. Gearbox, never make a platformer, you are awful. One in the Anvil that's literally miss a jump and you fall off a cliff to your death.

Was that radio tower? Pissed me of so much, lost so much money from all my deaths. So far all the ones after that have been better. Not a fan of the platforming sections either.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so what guns/gear should I be aiming for now at endgame? I have zero idea. I'm running primarily elemental Amara (non-punchy). I currently have of note:

-Star Helix AR
-Tsunami SMG
-(Cyro) Hawkin SMG (not sure if this is actually good, hard to tell)
-(Shocking) Dauntless Kaos AR
-(Venomous) Barrage AR
-(corrosive) Handsome Jackhammer (I can't tell if this thing is actually good or not either)
-Anointed Speedloadn' Hellwalker Shotgun (god this thing is stupid)
-Redundancy Re-Charger shield
-Transformer shield
-Front Loader shield
-Rain Firestorm grenade (this thing is also incredibly stupid)
-Nagata grenade

Then for class mods I'm currently using on that buffs 3 green skills, grants up to 29% damage reduction the closer I am to enemies (which is more for melee builds) but ALSO has a flat +20% weapon damage, +8% Atlas weapon damage and +24% Shotgun damage on it so yeahhhhh. I've got a couple of Tangled Elementist mods stashed but their bonuses aren't super notable (accuracy, fire rate etc).

For artifacts I'm currently just using a purple one that's got +luck/exp and 21% action skill cooldown on it for running around purposes. I DO have a Deathless artifact where it takes you down to 1HP but doubles your shield and jacks up your recharge rate/delay, I can't tell if this would be good for me or not necessarily though since I haven't tried it. I'm not sure if it would actually work with the redundancy shield though; on paper having double shields that also instantly recharge once every 20 seconds is great, but I'm assuming the damage that breaks my shield would also dig into my HP which would be 1, or is that not the case? I've also got Cosmic Crater and Elephant artifacts but the stats are kinda whatever and those effects are built specifically for melee.

On PS4 when you get to Sanctuary on TVHM the Mayhem modifiers aren't there/available. Apparently on Xbox and PC they are. I'm not sure which one is intended, but that means right now to access Mayhem on TVHM PS4 you have to beat the story again.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Flakes shotgun seems impossible to aim and the projectiles are invisible for me on PC. Kind of makes it annoying when I pull the trigger and it explodes about 30 feet to my targets left/right.

this a bug?

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Was that radio tower? Pissed me of so much, lost so much money from all my deaths. So far all the ones after that have been better. Not a fan of the platforming sections either.

That's the one. The last jump, onto some buggy, collision challenged pipe was the thing that kept getting me. Just slippery, so I'd always fall off the side and down that cliff.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Had my first two hours on a PS4 Pro and it was the worst splitscreen experience, from a technical point a view, I've ever had. If I had paid for the game to play it in splitscreen I'd be mad. Favoring resolution runs the game with 20-25fps, favoring performance with 30fps. It's not Horizon: Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4 like 30fps with ultra-smooth frame times, though. Mini-stutters everywhere. Then the whole game mini-freezes from time to time, and all the time when one player is using the inventory. Everything's sluggish and laggy, it makes the game almost unplayable in many scenarios. Even selecting a skill tree is delayed and sluggish. The way the value number of items in the inventory is changing also makes it hard to quickly assess your item's value.

Then the image quality is the worst I've seen on PS4. And this is no hyperbole, I mean, literally I've never seen such bad IQ in any current gen console game. There's like ZERO antialiasing. Everything's jagged and shimmering. Favoring quality just bumps the res a bit, but still doesn't do anything about the edges. Then there are some texture pop-ins as well.

There is also so little environmental reaction. When I look at things going on in Borderlands 2 on PC with PhysX, it looks phenomenal. And especially after finishing Control where everything is so reactive and it's even fun to miss enemies, Borderlands 3 looks so OLD.

So, to conclude: splitscreen on a PS4 Pro with half the resolution, 30fps in performance mode, no AA at all, frame times all over the place, mini freezes in normal gameplay and at all times when one player uses his inventory/skill tree, and also delay in selecting things in the inventory and skill tree. This so far below any standard.

That being said, I couldn't try singleplayer on the PS4 Pro, though. For people not playing splitscreen I do hope it runs and looks better by a huge margin! Gameplay-wise I find it more fun than BL1 and 2: your character can finally climb which makes traversal much more fun. I didn't stuck at tiny things like in BL2. Finally the protagonist is voiced and talks to NPCs; I can't stand silent, lifeless dolls. Co-op action itself was fun but was constantly hampered by aforementioned technical issues. First characters I encountered were great and fighting goons with other people is generally fun and some weapons sure are awesome. I could imagine playing this with 60fps on PC, but right now I don't want to spend full price.

What I would have wanted, after playing hundreds of hours games like Diablo 3, is an optional salvage and crafting system. Don't just let me pick up the loot, compare it and equip or sell it. Let me do stuff with unnecessary stuff. Let me re-roll specific traits, let me customise my weapon in stats from all the crap and loot I collect on the way. The simplistic approach is totally fine if you want to beat the story, just like in Diablo 3. Pick your weapons you find most fun to play, equip a better one when the need arises and just have fun. But as someone who likes to tweak his characters AND items ad nauseam, it is a bit too simplistic for my taste and I'd love to do more with my equipment. I have to say that I can't tell for sure because I only played for two, three hours tops, but according to what I've heard about the game there's no such thing. I wished they would have done more so many years after BL2 instead of delivering "more of the same". Not saying they should have changed their whole formula but merely expand on already existing ideas within the genre and incorporate it to offer more viable gameplay options that won't limit the fun gameplay people used to have in BL1 and 2.

Overall I think I'll get the game once it's available for around 30 EUR.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you reach Sanctuary on TVHM on PS4, the mayhem modifiying machine that was there in normal mode isn't there, at all.
On PS4 when you get to Sanctuary on TVHM the Mayhem modifiers aren't there/available. Apparently on Xbox and PC they are. I'm not sure which one is intended, but that means right now to access Mayhem on TVHM PS4 you have to beat the story again.
I mean why would they intend to treat one console differently than others in such an asinine way lol.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
That's just great lol. New patch, new fights against Traunt, Chupa, and Graveward only to have the game freeze on Graveward. Nice. Stock PS4 btw. My fastest freeze ever. My luck is turrible 😂

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. Patch!
Is the ADS/Zoom shit fixed?!
edit- wow, it's fixed!! Hurray!!

And how do you know if the patch was applied or what version of the game is running? (PC) I can't tell. My Epic Launcher didn't have any notifications or anything.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know how to redeem the VIP survey stuff from CoV? I got an email saying it will arrive but nothing in the mailbox. The website also shows it wasnt redeemed.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
When you reach Sanctuary on TVHM on PS4, the mayhem modifiying machine that was there in normal mode isn't there, at all.

I mean why would they intend to treat one console differently than others in such an asinine way lol.

Right, what I meant though was I'm not sure if they intended for you to have to beat the story again on TVHM which means Xbox/PC are bugged, or if you're supposed be able to access it on Sanctuary immediately which means PS4 is bugged. I could see them intending either way, but since PS4 is the odd duck out I'm gonna assume that's the one that's bugged (which would also make more sense anyway).

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right, what I meant though was I'm not sure if they intended for you to have to beat the story again on TVHM which means Xbox/PC are bugged, or if you're supposed be able to access it on Sanctuary immediately which means PS4 is bugged. I could see them intending either way, but since PS4 is the odd duck out I'm gonna assume that's the one that's bugged (which would also make more sense anyway).
What I find weird is how I didn't see them adress this anywhere so far. I mean at least the guardian rank bug is fixed, but this bug is preventing me from playing TVHM in it's entirety.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
What I find weird is how I didn't see them adress this anywhere so far. I mean at least the guardian rank bug is fixed, but this bug is preventing me from playing TVHM in it's entirety.

I agree, it's the only reason I'm not 100% sure that it's PS4 that's bugged or not. I'd believe that they'd intend for you to clear TVHM completely again lol.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Can't find this anywhere but what is the patch version number on PC. As in if the latest patch is applied what should the version be?
I have 1.01, anyone know?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's yet another bug, but it's been mentioned here, other forums and on reddit as an issue. Personally I have not seen a single legendary class mod offline, and I've seen virtually every legendary now. I've also seen at least one of all of the legendary class mods aside from one specific one from Zane, all of which have come from being online, and I've been online a whole lot less time overall than offline.

If someone has gotten one while offline, well then I can't argue that they didn't. I just know what has been happening during my playthroughs.
I got two legendary class mods yesterday night online actually.

But yeah, this was after 2 days of trying to find one, offline and online.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Surely they will adress Mayhem on PS4 TVHM not being a thing next right? Right?...

I had one level 45 but that doesn't really cut it anymore. I have an annointed Kaos that's pretty damn good. Only problem is ammo really.

It doesn't seem like it's on their radar. Would be nice since it's kind of a big part of the game.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Just finished it (PC version).

By far the best Borderlands games, hands down.

There are some bugs and rough edges for sure, but dear Lord, this is just BL3 vanilla and the amount of content is immense!

Can't wait for all the DLC, and I'm definitely going to play through again multiple times.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still cant believe theres an option for dead zones and FOV on console but not aim acceleration

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Either the map system or Lecta city are poorly designed, i can't figure out how to reach one mission marker

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I might be going crazy but I feel like the graphics on base ps4 took a hit, especially aliasing

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Some of these mayhem 3 modifiers are just dumb

-70% damage with normal bullets?

Or this sorta stuff

20190926_235113.jpg

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 pro impressions post patch, menu now loads instantly when entering/exiting it. Menu still stutters when switching tabs but less so. Good stuff

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is disappointing.

Made it to the last planet and was level 47. Decided to jump into online co-op to try out the proving grounds and ended up having such a blast that i figured i might as well just push through to level 50 doing this. I hit max level but now it seems like i'm not getting anymore xp as i cant access guardian ranks until i complete the story. So now all the xp that i otherwise would be getting is going to waste. That's so dumb.

Even if they didn't want you to access guardian ranks before the story is completed, you should still be able to acquire tokens from the excess xp.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
OMG this game allows you to have stupid fun builds even before endgame. I am 29 with my Moze and I just speced into the blue tree for a crazy explosion build. Lots of fun....however.. the thing that kicked it into insanity mode is this legendary class mod that I have for her that allows iron bear to stay out in auto mode for the full duration of your action skill cool down if you exit him. So I equipped dual nuclear bomb launchers on iron bear, roll up to a big kill area, summon iron bear, immediately hop out, and let him be a nuke launching auto turret for over a minute. It is amazing. I just run around in the midts of a nuclear barrage from iron bear and dish out all my normal damage as he irradiates the entire map. Even better is getting anointed weapons with exiting iron bear proc. So fucking fun and insane chaos.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
OMG this game allows you to have stupid fun builds even before endgame. I am 29 with my Moze and I just speced into the blue tree for a crazy explosion build. Lots of fun....however.. the thing that kicked it into insanity mode is this legendary class mod that I have for her that allows iron bear to stay out in auto mode for the full duration of your action skill cool down if you exit him. So I equipped dual nuclear bomb launchers on iron bear, roll up to a big kill area, summon iron bear, immediately hop out, and let him be a nuke launching auto turret for over a minute. It is amazing. I just run around in the midts of a nuclear barrage from iron bear and dish out all my normal damage as he irradiates the entire map. Even better is getting anointed weapons with exiting iron bear proc. So fucking fun and insane chaos.
The funny thing about this is this build is only viable pre endgame because they didn't scale the pets properly and Iron Bear gets shredded at endgame.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
The funny thing about this is this build is only viable pre endgame because they didn't scale the pets properly and Iron Bear gets shredded at endgame.
Yeah I heard pets are a no go in endgame. They def need to scale that better. Even before endgame, I like this ability to turn iron bear into a turret. Way better to get him doing any damage he can and then just doing my own thing stacking on top of it. I don't even care what his damage output is. The random nukes dropping around you is quite an experience.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I heard pets are a no go in endgame. They def need to scale that better. Even before endgame, I like this ability to turn iron bear into a turret. Way better to get him doing any damage he can and then just doing my own thing stacking on top of it. I don't even care what his damage output is. The random nukes dropping around you is quite an experience.
Yeah I just got the nukes for my Moze and it's great. I also love when Iron Bear goes toe to toe with a giant enemy

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lot of mods tonight, but none phasezerker.
Just think of how great it'll be once you finally get it :)

It's kinda absurd Moze has no skills that reduce splash damage/damage from her own explosions.

Also has anyone tried Atlas heavy weapons? They're sooooo bad

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Geez, post-patch and I've starting getting my first crashes in Circles of Slaughter and Trials. Three matches in a row now just crashed out the main menu. Ugh.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
It's really, really a drag to unlock all of your equippable slots. On my third character right now trying to unlock his artifact slot and it's such a bore zzzzzzz.....

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue with the story/writing is the main theme of the game, that heroes come in all shapes and sizes, was completely underdeveloped. Which is a total shame because they've done such a great job building up a diverse cast of characters.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
ight imma head out
SmartSelect_20190927-012553_YouTube.gif

also some of the shotgun reactions jesus

SmartSelect_20190927-012843_YouTube.gif

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the idea of proving grounds but I feel like nothing is really rewarding at all which is unfortunate. Had a string of 5 mayhem 3 runs without a single legendary drop kinda sucks.