• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's what I meant, forgot the skill name.

I havent gotten to that yet and luckily wont until they patch it but it's baffling that and the bank glitched weren't addressed.

I decided to push my luck, since I was sick of having to choose between the horribly diminishing returns of the Hunter and Survival trees, or actually raise my gun, melee and critical damage. Needless to say, it takes a chunk out of your shields if you're landing critical kills up close. With Amara and the Face Puncher at least solo that's never a problem since it can't crit anyway.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
The vending machine item rarity sorting was so desperately needed, thank dog.

And a fix for ADS with scoped weapons!!! Thank the gods we can snipe on PC soon!!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
That friend's list fix reminds me of wipeout HD after the friends list increase on ps3, except it would crash immediately on startup there

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
Little android man
Born without a soul
Without that force of reason
The scissors took control

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No specific mention of the crazy amount of lag with the ECHO menu? Or is this being lumped in with general performance fixes?
Probably have to wait a few more weeks :/

It's the worst with amara because you have to go into the echo menu to change your action skill element

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they figure out some way to switch elements with amara without having to open the menu because wow does that experience SUCK

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so i played the game coop from 1-50 the whole way through without crashing.
then, all of a sudden, at 50, i would begin freezing and the computer would restart on its own.
at first i thought it was my overclock so i turned my cpu, ram, and gpu to base. i turned off shadowplay, exited msi afterburner, etc. but i was still crashing.
then i realized that it was only at level 50 i began playing solo and narrowed it down further so that crashes only happened when i disabled my ethernet adapter in the control panel to farm offline without the exp/loot hotfix.

so last night, i tried offline farming by pulling out my cat5 cable instead of disabling the adapter, and no crashes at all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hopefully they figure out some way to switch elements with amara without having to open the menu because wow does that experience SUCK
Yup. I had voiced my concerns about this since her skill tree was first revealed and it somehow managed to be even worse than I thought.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
so i played the game coop from 1-50 the whole way through without crashing.
then, all of a sudden, at 50, i would begin freezing and the computer would restart on its own.
at first i thought it was my overclock so i turned my cpu, ram, and gpu to base. i turned off shadowplay, exited msi afterburner, etc. but i was still crashing.
then i realized that it was only at level 50 i began playing solo and narrowed it down further so that crashes only happened when i disabled my ethernet adapter in the control panel to farm offline without the exp/loot hotfix.

so last night, i tried offline farming by pulling out my cat5 cable instead of disabling the adapter, and no crashes at all.

You might wanna report this officially as a bug, seems like an easy fix for a future patch

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
looks like pipebomb finally getting the nerf

We all knew it was only a matter of time. I took advantage of the window and racked up almost 400 guardian points offline (partially because of the stupid online bug, and because it gives 7x the experience as online for some reason). For regular enemy encounters there were better options anyway.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
We all knew it was only a matter of time. I took advantage of the window and racked up almost 400 guardian points offline (partially because of the stupid online bug, and because it gives 7x the experience as online for some reason). For regular enemy encounters there were better options anyway.
I'm honestly surprised and happy the pipe bomb fix is coming this early.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Why can't you sell or mail things from your bank? So much of this game's inventory systems feels straight from a mid-gen PS3 game. The QoL stuff for it is so fucking bad.

I had a maxed out inventory and maxed out bank, of course, so I had to first drop something because you can't even swap items. The item immediately fell through the floor, lost forever.

Gearbox, it's okay to take some good stuff from other games. It's great they held onto the spirit of Borderlands and didn't chase inferior GaaS trends, but goddamn people, at least consider some modern inventory stuff.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Why can't you sell or mail things from your bank? So much of this game's inventory systems feels straight from a mid-gen PS3 game. The QoL stuff for it is so fucking bad.

I had a maxed out inventory and maxed out bank, of course, so I had to first drop something because you can't even swap items. The item immediately fell through the floor, lost forever.

Gearbox, it's okay to take some good stuff from other games. It's great they held onto the spirit of Borderlands and didn't chase inferior GaaS trends, but goddamn people, at least consider some modern inventory stuff.
Also having a bank that has more than 50 slots would be great. My diablo 3 stash has 360 slots and your inventory has 60 and I'm pretty sure the stash got even more upgrades. I don't play destiny much at all but someone said the bank there had 300 slots.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also having a bank that has more than 50 slots would be great. My diablo 3 stash has 360 slots and your inventory has 60 and I'm pretty sure the stash got even more upgrades. I don't play destiny much at all but someone said the bank there had 300 slots.
Also fun fact. The original borderlands gave you 42 inventory slots by the time you were done with your first playthrough. The max inventory space for BL3 10 years later is 40.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
What's the best weapon element against anointed? Some of them are straight up broken bullet sponges on mayhem

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a decent patch, they are at least hitting some of the most obvious bugs (Killavolt, Pipe Bomb, UI map snapping, texture streaming lag when ADS). I also personally ran into that progression blocker in the Footsteps of Giants mission, so glad they got a fix for that out. Next round they need to do some serious QOL type fixes though, like introducing additional vending machine locations, some additional fast travel points for larger maps, and probably some early easement on storage space. It's unfortunate that there is no mention of a change for the 75 point Enforcer perk either, which has been a complaint.

I also hope they look into balance adjustments relatively soon. Mayhem modifiers in particular are simply not implemented in an interesting way and don't feel great in either direction; either they trivialize the game difficulty making it easier than non-Mayhem, or make the gameplay feel much worse than having Mayhem on at all. The concept of "Mayhem" implies more dramatic gameplay alterations than numerical adjustments to damage, and unfortunately the only one that really tries to do anything along those lines is bullet reflection, which is one of the most obnoxious altercations you could make (and one that has been frequently panned in other loot games and constantly retooled due to player complaints in said games). I want to see things like lowered gravity, enemy spawn type changes, additional abilities granted to badass rank enemies that do not exist out side of Mayhem that change your moment-to-moment gameplay. Simply turning the knob on enemy eHP in one direction or another isn't a good use of this system; that's what TVHM/UVHM/OP levels already do.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What's the best weapon element against anointed? Some of them are straight up broken bullet sponges on mayhem
They're immune to cryo entirely afaik, probably fire because they don't have any shields or armor but sometimes they resist that so idk maybe just physical/kinetic.

Zealots are easy peasy, tinks are only annoying because the rapid size changes, militants though holy shit they need a bug fix/nerf because they're abysmal.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
finally beat killavolt last night, my god man, never again

one thing that has been frustrating me lately about the game though is how weak I feel and how much damage the enemies do. I dont want it to just be a cakewalk, dont get me wrong, but I feel like I am constantly near death and everyone takes multiple rounds to kill.

im not sure if I just have weak weapons or what, but I always feel like I am on the verge of death.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Looks like a decent patch, they are at least hitting some of the most obvious bugs (Killavolt, Pipe Bomb, UI map snapping, texture streaming lag when ADS). I also personally ran into that progression blocker in the Footsteps of Giants mission, so glad they got a fix for that out. Next round they need to do some serious QOL type fixes though, like introducing additional vending machine locations, some additional fast travel points for larger maps, and probably some early easement on storage space. It's unfortunate that there is no mention of a change for the 75 point Enforcer perk either, which has been a complaint.

I also hope they look into balance adjustments relatively soon. Mayhem modifiers in particular are simply not implemented in an interesting way and don't feel great in either direction; either they trivialize the game difficulty making it easier than non-Mayhem, or make the gameplay feel much worse than having Mayhem on at all. The concept of "Mayhem" implies more dramatic gameplay alterations than numerical adjustments to damage, and unfortunately the only one that really tries to do anything along those lines is bullet reflection, which is one of the most obnoxious altercations you could make (and one that has been frequently panned in other loot games and constantly retooled due to player complaints in said games). I want to see things like lowered gravity, enemy spawn type changes, additional abilities granted to badass rank enemies that do not exist out side of Mayhem that change your moment-to-moment gameplay. Simply turning the knob on enemy eHP in one direction or another isn't a good use of this system; that's what TVHM/UVHM/OP levels already do.

Agree with all of this.

Mayhem is cool because it forces you to switch things up, but they need more creative stuff in there. 30% bullets reflect isn't clever or fun in any way - it's fucking bullshit. I lost on the final wave of the hardest circle of slaughter last night because an enemy spawned in front of me as I was shooting something else and I ate a pile of reflections and instantly died.

You absolutely nail it on the modifiers. Let's see some weird shit that really switches the gameplay up. Diablo and the million roguelikes that come out each week have shown cool ways to do enemy modifiers.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

one thing that has been frustrating me lately about the game though is how weak I feel and how much damage the enemies do. I dont want it to just be a cakewalk, dont get me wrong, but I feel like I am constantly near death and everyone takes multiple rounds to kill.

im not sure if I just have weak weapons or what, but I always feel like I am on the verge of death.

You're still way early in the story. Good guns and skill synergies will come eventually, don't worry.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

I am right there with you. Even with FL4K I'm having trouble! I think it's more I suck at shooters than anything. But it makes me not want to play it's getting so frustrating!
I guess I could try the OP Fade Away Crit build but I chose FL4K because I love pet classes ugh!!!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He just got patched today lol

Yeah modifiers are a cool concept that don't really work much in execution. UVHM required slag though so it sucked and OP levels had the OP gear which muddled everything.

Also the mayhem levels already do increase enemy shields and hp. I don't know what the solution is frankly, but at least it's better than how BL2 did it.

I think adding mayhem 4 with better drop rates, making proving ground rewards worth it and nerfing the maliwan heavies (especially the electric bois), badass rakks and anointed militants so circle of slaughters aren't a chore to play would be a good start without fundamentally overhauling anything else.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
If the patch doesn't improve the UI lag and perf issues in splitscreen mode, I'm just going to keep my Xbox offline. Haven't even finished the first playthrough yet coop, so we need all the loot we can get to keep enjoying it in unintentionally harder mode.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I am right there with you. Even with FL4K I'm having trouble! I think it's more I suck at shooters than anything. But it makes me not want to play it's getting so frustrating!
I guess I could try the OP Fade Away Crit build but I chose FL4K because I love pet classes ugh!!!
You've got some good survivability with a pet build for leveling up. The crit build only super outclasses pet builds at endgame when the pet scaling drops off.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
You're still way early in the story. Good guns and skill synergies will come eventually, don't worry.

Thats good to hear! I think I am level 16 now, so i know I have a long way to go. I hope I can actually get to max level in this game. Pre-sequel had a game breaking bug for me that literally stopped my progress. :(

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
He just got patched today lol

giphy.gif

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
Huge on Pc this fix when zooming with scope,this is the way it was ment to be from the beginning,glad they fix it.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I'd forgotten how much I'm addicted to the "oh one more reload" feeling I have when farming. I kinda regret finding a loot tink spawn point now. Getting some nice legendaries from it though.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Huge on Pc this fix when zooming with scope,this is the way it has ment to be,glad they fix it.

Are there any general FPS fixes? I have been playing on DX11 mainly because it didnt seem like much of a fix going to DX12 and the extremely long load time in the beginning was too much for me.

I noticed it a lot last night heading into the Killavolt fight. Hoping they cleaned that up a bit.

(FWIW - RTX 2060 here)

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah modifiers are a cool concept that don't really work much in execution. UVHM required slag though so it sucked and OP levels had the OP gear which muddled everything.

Also the mayhem levels already do increase enemy shields and hp. I don't know what the solution is frankly, but at least it's better than how BL2 did it.

I think adding mayhem 4 with better drop rates, making proving ground rewards worth it and nerfing the maliwan heavies (especially the electric bois), badass rakks and anointed militants so circle of slaughters aren't a chore to play would be a good start without fundamentally overhauling anything else.

UVHM requiring slag is mostly a footnote in that context, though; the eHP changes in enemies were balanced around it, and BL3 doesn't have the mechanic to balance around anymore, so it isn't really a concern. I'm not against using eHP as a function of increased difficulty - I actually think the base game probably didn't ship with a high enough ceiling in this regard, even on Mayhem 3 - but I just don't think Mayhem as a mechanic is the thing they should be using to drive that function of difficulty scaling when we already have an existing one that already serves that purpose. I suppose on some level they were hesitant to split the game into 3 full campaign runs to avoid the issue of players not getting enough skill points in the first playthrough (the only one the majority of players actually experience), but I think anyone who does decide to go through the TVHM playthrough would have been interested in the UVHM playthrough that scaled enemies up to at least the level of the current Mayhem 3 average.

One thing I think is pretty certain however is that we definitely do not need Mayhem modifiers acting as positive force multipliers on player damage. That feels like one of the biggest mistakes they could have made with the system, and is the thing that ensures Mayhem never feels "good" by multiplying the feeling of negative impact of "bad" modifiers. There is currently absolutely no incentive to endure a particularly punishing set of Mayhem modifiers when simply quitting to the main menu and reloading can result in the player becoming vastly more effective instead, without any downside in terms of reward. As designed the mechanic is going to encourage player behavior they certainly did not intend with the Mayhem setting, while simultaneously watering down what difficulty exists in the base content, which I'd say already is not at the level it needed to be for the current level of gear scaling they shipped with.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm curious to see how better the performance is after the patch. I just want these random stutters, ADS or not, to stop.