• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I got four class mods today playing offline.

The group I was playing with yesterday got a bunch online.

They're just more rare than most legendaries.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also, do anointed bonuses stack? I'm just using two guns at this point so if I can maximize those bonuses that would be great.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also, do anointed bonuses stack? I'm just using two guns at this point so if I can maximize those bonuses that would be great.
Honestly no idea and a lot of people on the forums have no idea. Would be great if Gearbox cleared up a lot of the stuff about anointed items.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Hit 50 and up to mayhem 2, but not really sure what to do. I assume start a TVHM playthrough and make my way to mayhem 3. Don't know if I want to do all the logs and stuff again though. Also I've been using a pretty good elemental phase grab build but want to try a good elemental phase cast build, anyone got a good one? Also a got a Hyperion Legendary shock smg that absolutely melts, forget the name.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Hit 50 and up to mayhem 2, but not really sure what to do. I assume start a TVHM playthrough and make my way to mayhem 3. Don't know if I want to do all the logs and stuff again though. Also I've been using a pretty good elemental phase grab build but want to try a good elemental phase cast build, anyone got a good one? Also a got a Hyperion Legendary shock smg that absolutely melts, forget the name.

Crew challenges and map completion all carry over to TVHM, if that's what you're worried about :)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Avatar is a must get, lets you use your action skill twice in quick succession. The orb skill also only needs one point to be super effective because it uses overkill damage and is how people are getting 1m+ crits as her at endgame. Laid Bare is a monster with Avatar because any spongey enemies you hit with your action skill will take a ton of damage from it. From Rest is decent if you like Maliwan weapons because it speeds up their charge time dramatically. The skill where you get increased gun damage after using your action skill is a solid DPS increase as well.

Most of this shines the most from the Phasezerker class mod

x1304af16f220f1f6349b077d2b482637618d333e_2_690x426.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.k8sL9O0jM6.jpg

You don't need any specific gear besides this as well, any elemental guns pair really well with it.

I use a modified version of this build with a few points changed due to personal preference and different relics and weapons.

You can also still melee as a solid dps backup because Samsara and Illuminated Fist are one pointers.

Really the only skills that are Mandatory are Do Harm, Remnant, Ascendant, Laid Bare, and Anima. (plus having incendiary and corrosive action skill elements unlocked)

Edit: not at my ps4 rn but pretty sure this is how I did my skill distribution or something similar to it:

Of course some of her skills are bugged/unclear so it'll change if (when) she gets some fixes.

Here's a list of bugs: https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/master-list-of-amara-bugs/3548648 (some apply all the time, others are spotty)

oh and my relic is a level 47 and has different stats (incendiary resist and damage as opposed to melee damage) but the important thing is the ignite chance being 100% on melee, slams and slides
Borderlands_3_Screenshot_2019.09.16_-_03.45.49.27.png

this is an absurd dps increase for her if you just pick up illuminated fist and don't even have bladed guns or anything else melee related. just tag enemies once with it and watch the red bars disappear.

Obviously if you're going for a blitz/full-melee build you don't want it because ignite means it's gonna be a DOT and not be as much outright burst damage as other melee relics so you won't get to reset blitz cooldown.
See my above post. And I wouldnt do tvhm yet because the bank is currently super small and buggy so you cant even save all unique quest rewards plus if you're on console you can't even activate mayhem on tvhm until after completing the story again. Also TVHM may actually be easier for Amara depending on your setup/preferences because correct element matching goes even further.

At this point I got my Amara to the point where she can do mayhem 3 stuff pretty reliably but I'm waiting to dive any deeper into the endgame before they fix some bugs. Just leveling up the other 3 characters now.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
WTB Corrusive Crossroads. Can not for the life of me get any to drop at all after getting my first radiated one. By far my favorite weapon in the game next to the Lyduas. Although this baby has been getting some insane play time also for me.
q6t8R3R.png

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Just got done playing..... Offline yet I cannot find a single Legendary Class mod but there's some of y'all in here saying you did. Sucks but I'll have to try tomorrow.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WTB Corrusive Crossroads. Can not for the life of me get any to drop at all after getting my first radiated one. By far my favorite weapon in the game next to the Lyduas. Although this baby has been getting some insane play time also for me.
q6t8R3R.png
That's the EXACT weapon I need, even the goddamn element. Ffs. Wasted potential on your stupid OP robot that kills everything with any weapon anyway lol. And you have multiple Cryo Calls? What the fuck. Where did you get them? I swear I've been farming multiple bosses for hours on end. 4 Butchers, 3 Stormfronts and a shitton of useless stuff, but not a sngle Lucian's Call.

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
q6t8R3R.png
I use the same weapons but that Lucian at 621 Wow mine is 578,i had this to drop last night...finally:)
Borderlands3_2019_09_26_02_20_00_517.png

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
See my above post. And I wouldnt do tvhm yet because the bank is currently super small and buggy so you cant even save all unique quest rewards plus if you're on console you can't even activate mayhem on tvhm until after completing the story again. Also TVHM may actually be easier for Amara depending on your setup/preferences because correct element matching goes even further.

At this point I got my Amara to the point where she can do mayhem 3 stuff pretty reliably but I'm waiting to dive any deeper into the endgame before they fix some bugs. Just leveling up the other 3 characters now.
Thanks, looks like a solid build I'll try out. And yea I'm on pc, so I'll give TVHM a go. Don't feel like farming bosses over and over again yet. And I got the negative guardian tokens bug which sucks.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I got four class mods today playing offline.

The group I was playing with yesterday got a bunch online.

They're just more rare than most legendaries.

I haven't seen a single legendary one offline, and I've seen over two dozen online. I guess it could just be RNG, but four hours on Graveward, and an hour on Chupacabras without any offline, then within an hour online I see five where the drop rates in general are much worse? I don't even bother farming online unless I am specifically after class mods, because I simply have not seen a single one offline anyway. Plenty of blue and purple variants, sure.

That's the EXACT weapon I need, even the goddamn element. Ffs. Wasted potential on your stupid OP robot that kills everything with any weapon anyway lol. And you have multiple Cryo Calls? What the fuck. Where did you get them? I swear I've been farming multiple bosses for hours on end. 4 Butchers, 3 Stormfronts and a shitton of useless stuff, but not a sngle Lucian's Call.

Hah@FL4K.

I have a Lucian's of each element as well. :( None are anointed though. The only bosses I really bother farming are Graveward, Chupacabras and sometimes
Katagawa Jr.

Enemies wielding rocket launchers have the pin-point accuracy of snipers . Gearbox please .

Worst fucking enemies in the game since it seems like their rockets hitscan, and it gets really stupid when there are two or three at a time considering how fast they shoot and how damaging they are. The hitboxes are broken as fuck on a lot of enemy weapons too. You'll get hit by explosions while behind walls, and sometimes even when you are behind walls and back a distance from where the explosion actually happened.

Last edited:

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
I'm sorry but is there seriously no way to skip cutscenes? Wanted to mess around with a new character after getting my Amara to 50 but then I Alt+F4'd the fuck out of the opening cutscene.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but is there seriously no way to skip cutscenes? Wanted to mess around with a new character after getting my Amara to 50 but then I Alt+F4'd the fuck out of the opening cutscene.
No, not at the moment. It's as stupid as not being able to mute / skip the boring and obnoxious echo monologues (or is there?). Every time I talk to an NPC I just want them to shut the fuck up.

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, Slaughterhouse 3000 was a freakin nightmare!

You have to deal with a lot of Maliwan flunkies, not to mention legions Heavies, NOGs, and Nullhounds. Not to mention Badass variants and robots.

And just when you're finally done with the last round...

TWO GIANT MECHS SHOW UP TO TRY AND RUIN YOUR DAY.

I barely survived with maxed ammo and some powerful legendaries. But it was the last of the side quests and I was able to close out with a platinum for this game.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
I got 2 Legendary mods from my Graveward fight. About the same frequency as other legendaries.

Also, I just got a Cutsman and because I apparently don't pay attention very well to shit you guys post, and didn't realize the red text was from the fucking Horse the Band song. Which means this game will always be a 10/10 to me and you're all wrong and will have to live with the shame that you are wrong for the rest of your lives.

Anyways, after getting the whole story I have veeeeery divided and complicated thoughts on the plot and characters that I need to get in order. Essentially that the idea for what they wanted to do with the plot was actually really good and could have been tremendously powerful but that in execution they didn't hit the notes they needed to because of flaws in the writing. So it's less that I think the Calypsos are bad characters and more that they could've been REALLY good if the focus was on the shit that you learn in the end and it was more heavily invested in their characters throughout so that when you get the reveals at the end you sort of see how they acted throughout and go "Oooooooh. Oh shit." But I think they undercut themselves with a lot of it so in the end you never really felt any of it during.

Hrm. I'll have to put more thought into this.

Last edited:

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
seems to me like the game is selling well mostly on the back of how well the first 2 games were...as a standalone title I'm not sure this would hold up if it didn't have the good word of mouth of Borderlands 2

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
Way more easy to farm with this,even the normal boxes in the world drops Legendary with this beauty
Borderlands3_2019_09_26_02_07_06_189.png

Oct 27, 2017
Update incoming today:

An update to Borderlands 3 is going out today by or before 3:00 PM PDT that fixes a number of reported concerns.

Performance

• [PC Only] Reduced the amount of texture streaming that was occurring when aiming down sights.
  • Addressed a reported concern where certain users with a lot of people in their friend's list saw more frequent hitching.
  • Implementing General stability improvements.

General Fixes and Improvements

• Addressed a reported issue where KillaVolt's Shield Storm attack does not disable the tiles around KillaVolt, resulting in the entire floor being activated (oops).
  • Addressed a potential progression blocker in the mission "Footsteps of Giants".
  • Addressed a reported issue where Guardian Rank had the potential to become non-functional and/or the player could potentially lose Guardian Rank tokens into the negatives.
  • Modified vending machines so it will now sort items by rarity.
  • Console FOV is now set to 75 by default. This will not affect players who have already started the game.
  • Special prompts for particle text (Tediore guns, "critical", "immune") are now properly localized.
  • Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced where their vehicle's boost could continue into the next map.
  • Addressed a reported concern with "Porcelain Pipe Bomb" where it set off multiple explosions when colliding with objects.
    • This grenade was never meant to explode multiple times. All enemies in the Borderlands universe are now safe from being instantly melted by radioactive poop.

UI

• Adjusted the verbiage for "left stick" and "right stick" inside the Russian localized version of the control options screen.
  • Addressed a reported issue where certain users experienced a failure of the audio to play when spending skill points in the UI.
  • The text is now correctly marked "invalid" when you enter an invalid e-mail address on the SHiFT account creation page.
  • Addressed a reported issue where the item of the day item card would flash briefly before displaying on vending machines.
  • Addressed a reported concern that certain players were served an unread mail icon when they didn't have mail to read.
  • Iron Bear button prompts will now correctly update if you re-bind your controls.
  • Modified various features and elements of Crazy Earl's store.
  • Addressed a reported issue where subtitles wouldn't display until after the initial cutscene.
  • Addressed an issue experienced by certain players that social notifications could become stuck on-screen.
  • Addressed a player concern that certain item preview images were failing to load inside the player bank.
  • [PC Only] Addressed an issue reported by certain PC players where the focus from the mouse's last known location was sticking around even when playing with a gamepad.
  • [PC Only] Addressed an issue reported by certain PC players where the cursor would snap to an unintended location in the UI.

Splitscreen and Online Multiplayer

• Addressed a concern reported by certain players that the dialog volume faded too low before switching to ECHO audio during split-screen gameplay.
  • Addressed a concern reported by certain players that sounds were quiet or missing for the second split-screen player if they move too far from player one.
  • Addressed a concern reported by certain players that 3-player groups were having trouble matchmaking with an additional solo player.
  • Addressed a reported concerned experienced by certain players that in split-screen one player's sprinting animation could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
  • Addressed a concern reported by certain players that in split-screen where one player's aiming down sights could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
  • Addressed a handful of reported client replication issues:
    • Addressed Tina's pizza bomb so it displays correctly for clients.
    • Modified certain audio elements that were reportedly looping for clients.
    • Addressed a reported player concern so the Guardian Skill "Dead Man's Hand" now functions property.
  • Player icons are now pinned to the side of the mini-map when playing in any kind of multiplayer.

This update contains the first batch of performance fixes. It's far from exhaustive, but we wanted to address issues and concerns with changes that were ready and tested out as soon as possible while the team continues active investigation and work on additional performance improvements for upcoming patches.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Addressed a reported issue where KillaVolt's Shield Storm attack does not disable the tiles around KillaVolt, resulting in the entire floor being activated (oops).

LMAO, and some here thought the fight was fine. That's the attack that wrecked most people that were having issues in the end anyway.

No fixes to bank items disappearing or 75 guardian rank offense being bugged. Ugh. It's a start.

Nor Hollow Point, which can explode on your pets and allies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
LMAO, and some here thought the fight was fine. That's the attack that wrecked most people that were having issues in the end anyway.

Nor Hollow Point, which can explode on your pets and allies.
Yeah that's what I meant, forgot the skill name.

I havent gotten to that yet and luckily wont until they patch it but it's baffling that and the bank glitched weren't addressed.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Enemies wielding rocket launchers have the pin-point accuracy of snipers . Gearbox please .

This. The baadd rocket launcher enemies are not only pinpoint accurate, they spam those rockets like nobody's business. On Mayhem+, this is really, really annoying, especially if they're using any sort of element. My screen is just fire/ice/corrosive effects so I can't even see anything.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This. The baadd rocket launcher enemies are not only pinpoint accurate, they spam those rockets like nobody's business. On Mayhem+, this is really, really annoying, especially if they're using any sort of element. My screen is just fire/ice/corrosive effects so I can't even see anything.
Don't forget the constant screaming whenever your character gets affected by elemental damage

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Don't forget the constant screaming whenever your character gets affected by elemental damage

I usually play with the sound off just to negate that issue.

I really, really wish they would fix the map bug (at least on PS4), where if you load the map and zoom and move at the same time, it rips the cursor over to either a fast travel station or some random spot on the map. It makes quick navigation really, really annoying.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
This explains why I found the fight piss easy lol. Never hpapened to me
Yeah that's what I meant, forgot the skill name.

I havent gotten to that yet and luckily wont until they patch it but it's baffling that and the bank glitched weren't addressed.
Judging by the twitter, seems like they haven't nailed down what's causing the bank glitch. My guess is that they're not updating the savepoint for database rollbacks correctly (or it's overwriting correctly updated savepoints with the initial bank state) . So it sometimes may load your initial bank state.

That porcelain fix explains why sometimes people in this thread were sometimes one shotting and other times taking multiple grenades.

I kinda thought we'd get a patch today when I saw bahroo start up BL3 after a few days break

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

Yup, I've definitely been unable to get a kill during ffyl before because I literally can't see anything due to all the effects.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This explains why I found the fight piss easy lol. Never hpapened to me

Judging by the twitter, seems like they haven't nailed down what's causing the bank glitch. My guess is that they're not updating the savepoint for database rollbacks correctly (or it's overwriting correctly updated savepoints with the initial bank state) . So it sometimes may load your initial bank state.

That porcelain fix explains why sometimes people in this thread were sometimes one shotting and other times taking multiple grenades.

I kinda thought we'd get a patch today when I saw bahroo start up BL3 after a few days break
If mules werent so annoying to get to sanctuary I would have a bunch by now but yeah.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the tips, boss.

So I guess Infusion, the skill that converts damage to Action Skill element, isn't worth using?

Looks like I was going down the right path, more or less, though I need to tweak some things.
It's only worth it if your favorite gun is non-elemental. It's cool while leveling up but once you get to to endgame and more enemies have shields or armor I like having the freedom of being able to change my action skill element and have my weapons be the same or different depending on what kind of enemies I'm fighting.

Again that's more of a personal thing, it's not a bad skill by any means, just not one I like. Although there were reports of it actually making DOT damage less if you're using the same weapon element as your action skill element. I.e. if you're using a fire gun and have infusion and fire action skill element equipped, not only will the skill be redundant at that point in time but it may lead to less overall damage.