• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Phasegrasp so much worse than Phaselock was in BL2? I feel like it misses constantly or grabs the enemy behind the one you actually want, has a long recovery if it does miss, and has limited range compared to Phaselock.

Maybe they tried to balance it?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this buggy pile of garbage. While farming legendaries on mayhem 3 I got a lvl 50 facepuncher shotgun and was like, nice, an actual weapon I can use on my secondary melee Amara. I put it in my bank, and Io and behold, it suddenly is lvl 40. What the actual fuck is this bullshit.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Okay so a story question about B3 ending so HUGE Spoilers don't read question unless you have completed game...

Is Lilith really dead? In a art clip shown during the end credits, we see Tannis with a board basically hinting that she i slooking for Lilith, as opposed to her being straight up dead. I hope she is not dead.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Okay so a story question about B3 ending so HUGE Spoilers don't read question unless you have completed game...

Is Lilith really dead? In a art clip shown during the end credits, we see Tannis with a board basically hinting that she i slooking for Lilith, as opposed to her being straight up dead. I hope she is not dead.
I highly doubt it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this buggy pile of garbage. While farming legendaries on mayhem 3 I got a lvl 50 facepuncher shotgun and was like, nice, an actual weapon I can use on my secondary melee Amara. I put it in my bank, and Io and behold, it suddenly is lvl 40. What the actual fuck is this bullshit.
I don't blame you. I'm probably gonna get everyone to 50 and then call it quits until they fix the glaring bugs that mostly affect endgame.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

There is dialogue with Ava where she says "Do you think Lilith is really...no, I shouldn't be thinking something like that". Something along those lines.

Definitely hinting she ain't really dead.

They're probably keeping it up in the air for the sake of it. As in BL4. Or DLC that continues the story.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I played Moze last night and holy crap Shield of Ret is strong and I fell like there are other build I could do for fun. Really wanted to go Master with FL4K but it seems like that won't be good for endgame.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Doesn't sound like there is a permanent solution atm. You can play in offline mode and spend the tokens you've accumulated but as soon as you reconnect the problem will resume.

Bah, figured as much. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just wander and try to find all those Typhon Logs and other collectibles.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
How the heck do you actually look at your stats? When you get 2500 kills or whatever it shows that you should be able to hold in the touchpad to pull up the menu but it never actually works. I thought for sure the patch the other day would fix that but obviously not. Is there any way to actually see them?

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
There is dialogue with Ava where she says "Do you think Lilith is really...no, I shouldn't be thinking something like that". Something along those lines.

Definitely hinting she ain't really dead.

They're probably keeping it up in the air for the sake of it. As in BL4. Or DLC that continues the story.

Awesome! Already super bummed about Maya, don't want another one going down. This is Borderlands, while I really like the atmosphere of the games, setting, story, and characters, this is NOT a series that needs character deaths. I mean for a story like Last of Us and drama stuff like that yeah but come on gearbox lol.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
It feels like towards the end game, her melee build become the weakest of the potential three. Still effective, I'm melting enemies left and right with a fiery fist, but not balls to the walls bat shit crazy like the other two.

Ain't the phaseslam bonus from anointed gear bugged as well? I tried testing one out that was suppose to give me +200% melee damage and saw no difference.
Yeah, I generally found melee to be the best while leveling, but I felt like it dropped off a bit in Mayhem. I switched to the Hellcat build linked by Sanctuary earlier, and have had much better results. I think the optimal build would be something similar to the Hellcat one, but with the incorporation of the Phasezerker mod, which seems to be her best class mod by far. Unfortunately, I don't have one yet.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How the heck do you actually look at your stats? When you get 2500 kills or whatever it shows that you should be able to hold in the touchpad to pull up the menu but it never actually works. I thought for sure the patch the other day would fix that but obviously not. Is there any way to actually see them?
Map tab, galaxy view, challenges. It's so hidden for no reason.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Already super bummed about Maya, don't want another one going down. This is Borderlands, while I really like the atmosphere of the games, setting, story, and characters, this is NOT a series that needs character deaths. I mean for a story like Last of Us and drama stuff like that yeah but come on gearbox lol.

What about my main man Roland? :'(

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't blame you. I'm probably gonna get everyone to 50 and then call it quits until they fix the glaring bugs that mostly affect endgame.
Like how does this shit even happen. How can a weapon go from 50 to 40 just by putting it in the bank and marking it as favourite there. It just disappeared and suddenly reappeared again 10 levels lower.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I generally found melee to be the best while leveling, but I felt like it dropped off a bit in Mayhem. I switched to the Hellcat build linked by Sanctuary earlier, and have had much better results. I think the optimal build would be something similar to the Hellcat one, but with the incorporation of the Phasezerker mod, which seems to be her best class mod by far. Unfortunately, I don't have one yet.
I got the Phasezerker mod first and have now gotten 2 others and they're both so much worse lol

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
WTF Critical damage +384%
Borderlands3_2019_09_25_12_33_28_022.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Kinda stumped. There's a hijack/steal the vehicle mission in Devil's Razor and I have absolutely no idea how to even get into the area that it's in. It's in an elevated area and can't seem to find any way up there. Any advice?
I just YouTube'd anything I had trouble with in 100%'ing the maps. I still have a few more red chests to find but I don't know if I'll ever get around to them.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Cant go with this because of the fire rate its realy very bad but damn that crit at 340% its insane.
I got a Monocle Sniper that has 500% crit value lol. Of course it has lowered base damage to make up for it so I didn't find it to be worth much.

Also I'm starting to see issues with some mayhem modifiers. Mainly how they can penalize even somewhat specialized builds (i.e. good luck as cryo Zane if the modifier is -50%) and the issue of just re-rolling maps. I wish we could get mayhem 3 with lesser modifiers or something as well. I like some of them because it makes you experiment a little more or use weapon types that you normally don't use and keeps the game feeling fresh with each new map but yeah some of them just completely nullify entire builds/characters and that's annoying.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll never get Rowan's Call, Deathless Artifact or a Cold Warrior Mod it seems. But hey I got 3 Lyudas and 3 Stormfronts lol.

By the way, which is the best electric grenade? I have a Quasar, Surge, Stormfront and electric Widowmaker.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Most of the Maliwan soldiers, who are all shielded spam RESIST against electric weapons (with Mayhem 3) and I end up doing much better against them switching to corrosive. So I'm not sure what enemies this was tested out on, but something seems off. Unless this is just supposed to be TVHM without any Mayhem adjustments. But how many are going to play that?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where I stand on the Mayhem modifiers. I'm still leaning on the side of pick and choosing our own Mayhem modifiers tho. The randomness, which was cool at first for me, wore out it's stay.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Dude on my friendslist asked me to invite him and said plz. Last time I do that lol, I enjoyed the 5 million which I accidentally wasted but it really wasn't fun with him sliding and making snowballs all over the place while he destroyed everything.

oh and at first I didn't think Zane would be that great since his action skill didn't seem impressive to me. But I got a good grenade and you put some points in his digi clone and shit wrecks.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

The weapon audio was the first major improvement I noticed in the game and I thought it was just some really high quality recordings mixed well. I didn't know how much changes depending on parts, manufacturer and rarity. It's kind of nuts.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where I stand on the Mayhem modifiers. I'm still leaning on the side of pick and choosing our own Mayhem modifiers tho. The randomness, which was cool at first for me, wore out it's stay.

I think it's way better than BL2's endgame where you HAD to use slag and the correct element. That being said I don't think the game should be able to triple stack negative gun damage modifiers on you. At that point, I'll just quit the game and get some new ones.

If you were able to choose your own, I think there would be some obvious choices that were best and that everyone would eventually use.

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
So I just got the game. I enjoyed the first two games causally but I've got a full squad for this one. What's the feeling on this one overall in this thread? Did I make a good choice?

Edit: Character recommendations welcome! I'm still not sure who I'm going to start with.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure that is a dinklebot drop, but ai might be wrong.
Huh, interesting. Well I won't be farming dinklebot at Mayhem 3, he's crazy there. Maybe something stupid like farming loot-o-ramas, then swapping to mayhem 3 when giving them to earl works? Wouldn't put it past the game lol. For now I found a Cryo Kaos that's even annointed to 75% damage increase everytime I swap with my clone. So I guess I'll look for Lucian's another time.

Also can you guys tell me whats the best shock grenade? I think I have 3 stormfronts now, but also wuasars and stuff. Also is the brainstormer or will'o'wisp better for phasezerker builds?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh and at first I didn't think Zane would be that great since his action skill didn't seem impressive to me. But I got a good grenade and you put some points in his digi clone and shit wrecks.
Oh trust me, you haven't seen aynthing yet regarding Zane lol. He's not that great with bosses, but his Clone/Cryo build recks everything else. You basically have your clone and barrier up 100% of the time.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I just got the game. I enjoyed the first two games causally but I've got a full squad for this one. What's the feeling on this one overall in this thread? Did I make a good choice?

Edit: Character recommendations welcome! I'm still not sure who I'm going to start with.
The gameplay is much better, writing is a little worse than 2. Most of the problems are only real issues once you get to endgame so you should be fine.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh trust me, you haven't seen aynthing yet regarding zane lol. He's not that great with bosses, but his Clone/cryo build recks everything. You basically have your clone and barrier up 100% of the time.
Until you get a -50% cryo modifier and you're useless.