• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
went and tried that phasezerker build from the forums. It works suprisingly well. Need to actually get the brainstormer and trevantor tho

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
finished the story this morning. The credit song made me chuckle. Did all the side quest save the last planet so finished it lvl 40. Think I'll go back do the side stuff then wait for the dlc. Good stuff.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
So do the guns in this game have a max range where the bullets don't do anything if the enemy is too far away? I've alwaya leaned towards sniping in these games and last night I was way in the back of this large area trying to pick off some guys at the opposite side. These enemies were standing behind waist high cover and being totally still, focusing on my teammates who were much closer. I shot 4 bullets directly into this guy's head and nothing. No damage numbers and no health gauge popping up to tell me how much damage I did to him.

So is there a max range? Or is it possible that the bullet doesn't go directly where the crosshairs are on sniper rifles? I'm only in my 20s so it's quite possible that the snipers I'm using are just not great.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
So do the guns in this game have a max range where the bullets don't do anything if the enemy is too far away? I've alwaya leaned towards sniping in these games and last night I was way in the back of this large area trying to pick off some guys at the opposite side. These enemies were standing behind waist high cover and being totally still, focusing on my teammates who were much closer. I shot 4 bullets directly into this guy's head and nothing. No damage numbers and no health gauge popping up to tell me how much damage I did to him.

So is there a max range? Or is it possible that the bullet doesn't go directly where the crosshairs are on sniper rifles? I'm only in my 20s so it's quite possible that the snipers I'm using are just not great.

I've had weird syncing issues or something a handful of times during my co-op playthrough where bullets were just going through heads at mid-range. Syncing issues is my guess anyway or some kind of bug as I was getting crits more in their chest than the head. Was weird for sure.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I've had weird syncing issues or something a handful of times during my co-op playthrough where bullets were just going through heads at mid-range. Syncing issues is my guess anyway or some kind of bug as I was getting crits more in their chest than the head. Was weird for sure.
That reminds me. I've been experiencing something else really weird. It feels like there are times when I pull the trigger and the crosshair will move up slightly and then the bullet comes out causing the bullet to go directly over the enemies head. It's like the recoil is happening a fraction of a second before the bullet actually shoots. I've noticed that if I aim a little lower, I seem to get more reliable crits. Very similar to what you're talking about. I wonder if this is because I'm not the one who created the game.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
went and tried that phasezerker build from the forums. It works suprisingly well. Need to actually get the brainstormer and trevantor tho
Getting any of the specific weapons to drop for a build is a pain in the ass. I need a Brainstormer as well, but the worst is trying to find stuff for Zane's Cryo build. It's a nightmare lol.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
That reminds me. I've been experiencing something else really weird. It feels like there are times when I pull the trigger and the crosshair will move up slightly and then the bullet comes out causing the bullet to go directly over the enemies head. It's like the recoil is happening a fraction of a second before the bullet actually shoots. I've noticed that if I aim a little lower, I seem to get more reliable crits. Very similar to what you're talking about. I wonder if this is because I'm not the one who created the game.

Yes, that could be. I was not the one who created the game either.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few more adventures in photo mode

istxtD.png

istbw0.png

istslH.png

Didn't get to play last night... so now I'm itching to get back to it.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yup, these world drops suck lol
Seriously, why is almost everything a world drop this time around? I need one specific class mod for Zane and got every other one 3 times already. I miss the days when you could farm a certain boss for certain legendaries. And by the time they fix the whole Mayhem Mode TVHM on PS4 thing, they probably already fixed the porcelain bomb so I can't farm Chupacabra anymore.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why is almost everything a world drop this time around? I need one specific class mod for Zane and got every other one 3 times already. I miss the days when you could farm a certain boss for certain legendaries. And by the time they fix the whole Mayhem Mode TVHM on PS4 thing, they probably already fixed the porcelain bomb so I can't farm Chupacabra anymore.
I've been farming traunt as well as there are 3 chests behind him that i've seem legendaries drop from multiple times. Made it into a game to see if I can 1 shot him with a pipebomb lobbed over the ice wall he puts up

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been farming traunt as well as there are 3 chests behind him that i've seem legendaries drop from multiple times. Made it into a game to see if I can 1 shot him with a pipebomb lobbed over the ice wall he puts up
The thing with Traunt is that if you miss he fucks you up instantly lol. It's such a crapshoot with him, you need to somehow make the nade explode right behind or under him. Chupa is always just throw it in his face and be done with it.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
And then if you had no nades left before wiping you need to run around collecting them in boxes... Urgh. xD
o thats not too bad, i have 14, usually run out of space before i run out of nades :P Also do you run the lucky dice artifact? It seems to raise drop rates quite a bit (still doesn't help that the pool is huge tho)

Jan 4, 2018
Ugh, I haven't been able to get as much playtime as I'd like this week. Got FL4K up to Level 17, I really need to move on with the main story because I'm sitting on class mods it won't let me slot.

Beat Killavolt last night with a friend, we got him on our first try. Using a Torgue shotgun during Guerillas in the Mist is stupid strong, considering switching to a Rakk build while leveling so I still have burst damage but not "I don't even want to see what this boss's phases look like" amounts of damage.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
o thats not too bad, i have 14, usually run out of space before i run out of nades :P Also do you run the lucky dice artifact? It seems to raise drop rates quite a bit (still doesn't help that the pool is huge tho)
Nope, never got it :/ It's epic isn't it? I got the loot expander with +114% cash at least so I can put more cash into slot machines to hope for the damn Zane class mod I need lol. These slots gave me 5 legendary class mods til now, and none are the one I need.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, never got it :/ It's epic isn't it? I got the loot expander with +114% cash at least so I can put more cash into slot machines to hope for the damn Zane class mod I need lol. These slots gave me 5 legendary class mods til now, and none are the one I need.
its legendary, I've had 4 drop already. Reduces HP by 75% and says it helps with drops

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017

I guess I'm just unlucky. I've literally gotten nothing useful from any of the slot machines so far. :(

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
LMFAO

Screenshot00002.png

Got another one at the same time though that is kind of amazing. It grants 5s of invulnerability if the shield breaks.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Okay folks, can someone give me some basic must-have perks on artifacts/class mods for Amara?

Looking to try to get to Mayhem 3 farm mode with her, but I have no clue what's good and what synergizes/what some good builds are.

Please help!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking thing is annoying because every single crate will be full of health vials now because the game thinks you're low on health.

That's not why that particular one is ridiculous, and the relic itself is amazing for Moze and decent with Zane.

Also, I didn't look at this one close enough. I thought it was invulnerability on a shield break. So is this bonus as useless as the life steal then?

Screenshot00002.png

How would that even work, a stupid loop of invulnerability every 40s automatically? If so, then I guess at least during the first five seconds of anything (on paper, but in practice probably 1-2s) you're guaranteed not to take any damage. Depending on your shield recharge and delay rate though, it could be enough time to get some shields back if you're low when that's up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still can't believe they left training dummies out. They made that same mistake with TPS and added it in a DLC. I have two different Butchers and I'm not sure which one to keep.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
One of the elemental builds I looked at previously recommended them. The brainstormer looks like it can be amazing for stripping shields

Brainstormer + Storm Front grenade + Ties That Bind action skill = light show and no shields. Another fun one is to use Rowan's Call (electric) and Laser-Sploder (electric). Some enemies though have a really strange resistance to electric on Mayhem 3 when it comes to where the electric damage is coming from. Sometimes none of it is resisted, and then other times you just see RESIST spam.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
One of the elemental builds I looked at previously recommended them. The brainstormer looks like it can be amazing for stripping shields
I got the 9-volt from Killavolt yesterday and it strips shields like crazy. Barely consumes ammo as well. Only downside is it has a relatively short range

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, y'all really gonna make me dump my melee build for elemental. I'm seeing way more results coming out of that build from the videos I've watched.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Put on a transformer for unlimited shields

Is there a hidden ability with that shield that I don't know of, aside being immune to electricity?

Man, y'all really gonna make me dump my melee build for elemental. I'm seeing way more results coming out of that build from the videos I've watched.

You can already kind of do a hybrid melee/elemental build anyway. I often have to resort to shooting guns sometimes even as a dedicated melee build, but I have elemental skills to amp up some of the damage. But until you get the best gear (with mods) for melee, I think the elemental gun build beats it. It's safer, and can be quicker at clearing thanks to the bouncing bullets. Can't say it's as visceral to me though.

Also, a lot of builds want to focus on Mystic/Elemental, but I think this build is better:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Phasezerker to get 3M crits while mobbing and throw out 2 action skills after another. Do it.

I've tried a few phasegrasp builds and honestly not a huge fan just because it's too similar to Maya.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Is there a hidden ability with that shield that I don't know of, aside being immune to electricity?

You can already kind of do a hybrid melee/elemental build anyway. I often have to resort to shooting guns sometimes even as a dedicated melee build, but I have elemental skills to amp up some of the damage. But until you get the best gear (with mods) for melee, I think the elemental gun build beats it. It's safer, and can be quicker at clearing thanks to the bouncing bullets. Can't say it's as visceral to me though.

Also, a lot of builds want to focus on Mystic/Elemental, but I think this build is better:

Do you have a borderlands character builder link for this?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Phasezerker to get 3M crits while mobbing and throw out 2 action skills after another. Do it.

I've tried a few phasegrasp builds and honestly not a huge fan just because it's too similar to Maya.

It feels like towards the end game, her melee build become the weakest of the potential three. Still effective, I'm melting enemies left and right with a fiery fist, but not balls to the walls bat shit crazy like the other two.

Ain't the phaseslam bonus from anointed gear bugged as well? I tried testing one out that was suppose to give me +200% melee damage and saw no difference.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

shock dmg heals your shields. Alot of builds I've seen for Moze use storm front to keep the shields up

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
shock dmg heals your shields. Alot of builds I've seen for Moze use storm front to keep the shields up

Oh, that's neat I guess. I didn't notice that where you actually toss the grenade it explodes after a while. I normally just ran through an area tossing it, and the seekers it sends out don't damage you, only the main grenade after it blows up.

Just tried it out, and I don't know if people are doing that on Mayhem 3, but standing around on top of a grenade, hoping it will blow up in time is too much of a gamble, or even tossing it ahead and trying to time running into the explosion. Many enemies push you back when they hit you. They also hit you for more damage than how quickly the shields regenerate.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It feels like towards the end game, her melee build become the weakest of the potential three. Still effective, I'm melting enemies left and right with a fiery fist, but not balls to the walls bat shit crazy like the other two.

Ain't the phaseslam bonus from anointed gear bugged as well? I tried testing one out that was suppose to give me +200% melee damage and saw no difference.
Phaseslam bonus only applies if you use the base phaseslam and even then anointed perks seem to be all over the place.