• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
lmao You wanna know why Borderlands writing works on me, I legitimately did not realize what their names were a play on even knowing who voiced them
Haha :D

I got the joke at first but I was like "no fucking way did they get Penn Jillette and Teller to voice these characters, it must just be a coincidence" then I came across this exact billboard and started chuckling to myself. Shame Teller wasn't involved outside of offering his likeness but this part of the game was great tbh.

Borderlands_3_Screenshot_2019.09.22_-_00.35.13.27.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The badass rakks are so needlessly annoying on console in the cistern of slaughter

Had 0 problem with rakks until now

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, at first I thought my spider ant pet was pushing me around lol. But it's not that because I can walk through him I believe. Any tips on how to adjust it? I don't normally mess with the controls at that level.
just keep messing with it until your drift goes away. Move slider to the right to require more of a push before your character moves, or move slider to left for opposite effect

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I've been doing the legendary hunts lately. I guess each one has a legendary weapon they can drop. Got the Hellfire SMG which is cool. Just got the predatory lending SMG. To my surprise it actually shoots my money as bullets. This is probably nothing new to you Borderlands vets but to me I was genuinely amused lol. Now, I have to collect all the legendaries to see what they do.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Loving the game but some of those Boss fight are pretty awful...not sure whats going on with the Katawana Jr. fight...I will be poor by the time I kill him...I am 2 levels below him though,maybe I will come back later.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Me: Never used a shotgun from levels 1-49.
Also me: Finds a Subsidized Host that destroys everything, EVERYTHING, that I shoot it at.

Pretty fun, actually, suddenly changing up my playstyle.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
I honestly think the boss fights are the best they've ever been and some of the high points of this game. FPS bosses are hard to make fun but I can think of maybe one or two that I didn't enjoy.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Loving the game but some of those Boss fight are pretty awful...not sure whats going on with the Katawana Jr. fight...I will be poor by the time I kill him...I am 2 levels below him though,maybe I will come back later.
What character are you? Moze's tracking rockets make him a joke

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
my game is starting to crash a lot (ps4) can't wait for performance patches #_#
that being said I should only have 2 more hours free to play before the performance patch if it's on time.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
The badass rakks are so needlessly annoying on console in the cistern of slaughter

Had 0 problem with rakks until now

i've hated rakks since 1. i think they are the worst thing about the borderlands games lol makes me not want to explore pandora on a second playthrough.

anyone ever figure out a sure way to get mario gun?

edit: also i played siren and Zane. how are the other two characters? I like Zane but I am really intrigued by the army girl.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
i've hated rakks since 1. i think they are the worst thing about the borderlands games lol makes me not want to explore pandora on a second playthrough.

edit: also i played siren and Zane. how are the other two characters? I like Zane but I am really intrigued by the army girl.
Moze is fun but her mech is currently useless in endgame because they didn't scale it properly. Her grenade and shield build is absurdly powerful.

Her mech is pretty useful for the first 49 levels though

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States

I'm up to level 23 as Moze. She's a lot of fun. You can spec her in a lot of ways but my build is aimed at her basically never having to reload or stop firing whether she's in the mech or not.

Or you could say f that and go dual flamethrowers/tank build. She's fun give her a try.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Moze is fun but her mech is currently useless in endgame because they didn't scale it properly. Her grenade and shield build is absurdly powerful.

Her mech is pretty useful for the first 49 levels though

end game? like post game or final boss? and what post game content is there? just new game + option like previous titles?

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I'm up to level 23 as Moze. She's a lot of fun. You can spec her in a lot of ways but my build is aimed at her basically never having to reload or stop firing whether she's in the mech or not.

Or you could say f that and go dual flamethrowers/tank build. She's fun give her a try.

that sounds awesome!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
end game? like post game or final boss? and what post game content is there? just new game + option like previous titles?
Like 50+.

The new game plus option is kinda redundant, it gives slightly better drop rates and changes elemental damage to be more effective while being less effective if you're using the wrong element type.

Currently endgame consists of farming bosses, circle of slaughters and proving grounds with the raid coming in november

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Just completed the slaughter shaft. Infinitely more enjoyable than the cistern of slaughter since there's no flying bullshit
Yuup

The maliwan has flying enemies (although they are easier to hit than the super high flying rakk) but man oh man it has more bullshit. I can solo a maliwan proving ground at mayhem 3 in under 10 minutes without dying but cant even get past round 3 on normal in co-op.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Ugh.

Beat the Tyrant of Instinct solo. "Second form" bosses are the laziest thing ever. Barely made it through his first form and BAM here comes his second.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm having a tough time deciding on how to build out my Fl4k for TVHM. I feel like a hybrid healer and DPS, which doesn't do either particularly well - good enough, but not well. I'm great in groups, not so hot solo.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Without going offline, my friend somehow started his game without the loot hotfix and it was the most fun I've had since the game came out.

Both of us have already farmed bosses to the point loot is a non-issue and we just want annointed stuff, but having stuff drop so frequently on trash is enjoyable.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I watched AngryJoe's review and he loves it except for the two villains, other characters like Ava, the humor and story. All else is superb he says.

I probably can't judge for myself until I've played a good portion of it, but what he showed of the Twins sure didn't look at that great to me, nowhere near on the level of Handsome Jack. He was absolutely fantastic and I grinned almost every time when he said something, the Twins just seem.... downright annoying. And what Joe showed of the little girl, Ava? Just not funny like Tiny Tina was, just annoying really.

Also some of the jokes I saw during the review, they certainly didn't land for me. Does this ever get better for you or do you agree with his criticism?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So.... Yeah..... DO NOT GO TO 75 FOR YOUR ENFORCER GUARDIAN RANK.

The perk sounds good but it totally fucks over Grenadier Moze, Melee Amara, and Crit Fl4k. Once you get to 74 then you need to stop.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So.... Yeah..... DO NOT GO TO 75 FOR YOUR ENFORCER GUARDIAN RANK.

The perk sounds good but it totally fucks over Grenadier Moze, Melee Amara, and Crit Fl4k. Once you get to 74 then you need to stop.

Yeah, and don't go over 49 on the Survivor rank if you are playing a melee Amara build with a roid shield.

Would be great to turn those rewards on/off...

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and don't go over 49 on the Survivor rank if you are playing a melee Amara build with a roid shield.

Be able to turn them off or reset them and have points left over until these things get patched.

I was wondering why I kept killing myself and my brother last night and then I found a post on Reddit. I can deal with it but it's a huge annoyance lol.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I watched AngryJoe's review and he loves it except for the two villains, other characters like Ava, the humor and story. All else is superb he says.

I probably can't judge for myself until I've played a good portion of it, but what he showed of the Twins sure didn't look at that great to me, nowhere near on the level of Handsome Jack. He was absolutely fantastic and I grinned almost every time when he said something, the Twins just seem.... downright annoying. And what Joe showed of the little girl, Ava? Just not funny like Tiny Tina was, just annoying really.

Also some of the jokes I saw during the review, they certainly didn't land for me. Does this ever get better for you or do you agree with his criticism?

That sounds about right. The writing of the main quest is poor. Lots of underbaked characters, player character feeling irrelevant and annoying dialogue.
The Twins are bad, and it doesn't help that their dialogue is trying to imitate Handsome Jack so hard at times - it just begs for a comparison and its not flattering for the twins.
There are some fantastic side quests though.

And mechanically the game is very very good. Shooting and movement is fantastic, skill trees are better than ever and the variety in guns is aboslutely crazy.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Joining random people to get through the main story the first time with a new character is quite time beneficial. I managed to skip quite large sections of the game doing this.

Managed to beat the main story as Moze last night. 11 levels to go then I'm off to start a new game with Amara.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That sounds about right. The writing of the main quest is poor. Lots of underbaked characters, player character feeling irrelevant and annoying dialogue.
The Twins are bad, and it doesn't help that their dialogue is trying to imitate Handsome Jack so hard at times - it just begs for a comparison and its not flattering for the twins.
There are some fantastic side quests though.

And mechanically the game is very very good. Shooting and movement is fantastic, skill trees are better than ever and the variety in guns is aboslutely crazy.

Man what a shame. Imagine if the characters, story and humor all had been on point too, next to the many different improvements. Could it be a entirely different writing team? It sure sounds like it. Personally I loved the writing in 2 and pre sequel as well. Memorable and interesting characters and enjoyable jokes. What a huge bummer they failed on that this time.

Maybe they can set things right with future expansions? Only if they acknowledge of course that this stuff was weak, that is. Joe is worried about the future of Borderlands when it comes to these new characters. I can see why.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Man what a shame. Imagine if the characters, story and humor all had been on point too, next to the many different improvements. Could it be a entirely different writing team? It sure sounds like it. Personally I loved the writing in 2 and pre sequel as well. Memorable and interesting characters and enjoyable jokes. What a huge bummer they failed on that this time.

Maybe they can set things right with future expansions? Only if they acknowledge of course that this stuff was weak, that is.
Its not written by anthony bursch like 2 and pre sequel were and it shows

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
What character are you? Moze's tracking rockets make him a joke

I do have Moze and I will check that out,I still dont get the skill tree completly on her but my biggest problem so far,is that I dont use her Mech form all the time lol...besides KillaVolt,all the fights have been pretty easy so far and I have a teamate most of the time who is like 3 levels above me...so yeah probably my bad for that fight.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Its not written by anthony bursch like 2 and pre sequel were and it shows

Damn, what a shame. The characters and humor were very important for those games. I'm gonna miss it, I already know. Hopefully Gearbox takes the criticism to heart. I heard they completely ignore Tales from the Borderlands, despite still having Rhys in it, sigh.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I don't get why there's so much complaining about Killavolt.

I killed him first time fairly easy with my Fl4k, and just assumed I must have been overleveled when I later started hearing about all the complaining, but now I'm playing through as Amara and beat him easy at level 15.

weremichael

Oct 27, 2017
Rocky Mountains
A friend got a reply about his bank being robbed by the game. They want a detailed list with screen shots.

I told him to reply: "how about you fix your game and give us 100 apology pushups on a live twitch stream?"

My bank filled back up with its stuff yesterday out of the blue; however, I've been getting the Guardian Rank issues now.

I love this game, but those two issues really are harshing my vibe with the game. The only saving grace is that I can revisit my main man Vaughn in TVHM. Replay lyyyyfffeee!

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
I find the writing much more inconsistent than straight bad. Comparing the twins to Handsome Jack is a tough comparison just because of the level of villainous that he was. When they try to mimic him it shows that the writing is weaker but when they're given the opportunity to be their own characters they're fine. There's a lot in the game that does work for me humor wise or plot wise but a lot that also doesn't. It's not that BL2 had an actually better plot, it's that the dialogue and characterization was more consistently good. The VAs put in great work but only have so much to work with.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

There are so many shield buffs it's insane that roid shields still require them to be depleted

At least the rough rider is back

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm waiting for that and a bigger bank space before going through TVHM
What I'm wondering is...did not a single person at Gearbox test TVHM on PS4? If at least one person played to the point of getting to Sanctuary on PS4 they would have noticed the entire Mayhem mechanic missing no? Did seriously noone there do that...

Also I hope we get the negative points back once they fix it. I basically leveld 18 times without getting a guardian token for it.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine my surprise receiving a lvl 46 pipe bomb lastnight... Honestly assumed i did the sidequest that rewarded that during my initial playthrough, but i guess i skipped the mission entirely. I've been chipping away at the side missions i missed on mayhem 2 and lastnight finished the one that rewarded it. Had a big dumb smile on my face. Here i was thinking i missed my opportunity to try it out!

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine my surprise receiving a lvl 46 pipe bomb lastnight... Honestly assumed i did the sidequest that rewarded that during my initial playthrough, but i guess i skipped the mission entirely. I've been chipping away at the side missions i missed on mayhem 2 and lastnight finished the one that rewarded it. Had a big dumb smile on my face. Here i was thinking i missed my opportunity to try it out!

Which mission is it?