• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
xp8j60f1mko31.png

spoilery source: https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/d8psbl/cough_cough/

Without clicking I know which one this is referencing. Now that I've had a few days since beating it to think about it, I really disliked how they handled parts of the story and the main villains were mediocre at best. BL2 was the better game when it comes to story, luckily everything else is better in BL3.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
This is true, but it will glitch your guardian ranks initially. Due to the gross disparity in XP offline vs online, you might grab 20 or more tokens an hour offline, but then as soon as you go back online, the game tries to recalculate and it puts you in a huge token hole. To get your 21st token, you would need to gain 21 levels of online experience, which will take you way longer than what it took offline to get the initial 20. Another thing is that while offline is good for farming legenadies in general, you can't get legendary class mods without the hotfix.

If you do plan on doing this offline, it would be good to hit 224 guardian tokens to reach the capstones of survivability and hunter, and stop at 74 in the other one. Hollow Point is currently bugged and can kill allies. After that, go back online and ignore the tokens until you can actually gain them again.
Yeah i'm aware of the bugged guardian tokens, currently sitting at -70 and i only need like 4 more tokens to get to 74 as i already maxed survival and hunter.
I stopped farming offline once I got some decent gear. Now I just need my mod lol.
I'm looking forward to the update as it's hard to resist the increased loot and xp offline when you're farming something easy like GW or Chupa.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Without clicking I know which one this is referencing. Now that I've had a few days since beating it to think about it, I really disliked how they handled parts of the story and the main villains were mediocre at best. BL2 was the better game when it comes to story, luckily everything else is better in BL3.
BL2 had more inventory space and the shared stash was annoying to navigate but overall you had more bank space too so BL2 puzzling-ly gets the edge in that. Also had better vendor placement. And menus that aren't laggy beyond belief.

But other than that, yeah.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first Borderlands I really put time into and I'm loving it so far. The wave mode is fun, but I keep disconnecting.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does color rarity = better gun?

feel like I'm doing best with a blue shotgun that shoots sticky grenades vs actual purple weapons

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Does color rarity = better gun?

feel like I'm doing best with a blue shotgun that shoots sticky grenades vs actual purple weapons
Not necessarily, depends on the level requirement, stats/parts, your build and your personal preference. A level 40 white gun is gonna be better than a level 10 legendary.

Oct 27, 2017
whats the best way to deal with rakks?

Did the cistern of slaughter yesterday and the rakks were the only thing that were giving me problems simply cuz i couldn't reliably hit them. They rarely stop moving. Even trying to take them with the smart bullets from atlas guns was more problematic than i originally thought as you still have to manage to hit them with the tracker in the first place

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
whats the best way to deal with rakks?

Did the cistern of slaughter yesterday and the rakks were the only thing that were giving me problems simply cuz i couldn't reliably hit them. They rarely stop moving. Even trying to take them with the smart bullets from atlas guns was more problematic than i originally thought as you still have to manage to hit them with the tracker in the first place
The only atlas tracker worth a damn are the darts. The pucks and the grenades are so silly.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Ugh, so many little bugs. Went into FFYL. The moment I did, I reloaded. Assault rifle with 16 rounds. Fired off two shots and suddenly my clip is empty again.

Whoa, just had some of my skills that I had unlocked revert back to not being unlocked. That's a first.

They need to patch the Anointed ted Militant right out of the game. What a horrible, horrible enemy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Ugh, so many little bugs. Went into FFYL. The moment I did, I reloaded. Assault rifle with 16 rounds. Fired off two shots and suddenly my clip is empty again.
I've been having bugs where I call in Iron Bear and as soon as he digistructs I'm kicked out of him.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having bugs where I call in Iron Bear and as soon as he digistructs I'm kicked out of him.

Speaking of bugs (maybe): did you ever go back to Amara? Because I was talking about how poorly implemented I thought her Guardian Angel was and that you should at least have a chance to kill something before it instantly activates. After dumping a handful of points into FFYL duration and speed, I think I have accidentally been able to kill something two or three times now and get a second wind, without GA happening. It wasn't on cooldown either. So I don't know if that's a bug, or that's actually how it's supposed to be working in the first place.

Oct 27, 2017
What can I expect from golden keys? I used a code and plan on saving it until I hit the level cap.

Are they worth it?
I've saved scum the hell out of the golden chest. The overall loot table feels pretty 'meh' to me. Like 95% of the items are purple rarity so a lot of the items will be fairly good, stats wise. While you generally want to hold onto your keys until higher levels, it seems like the most bang for your buck is gonna come from opening a chest every handful of levels or so once your current gear starts to feel a bit long in the tooth.

The only atlas tracker worth a damn are the darts. The pucks and the grenades are so silly.
I didn't even realize there were different types of trackers although now that you mention it i was shooting out what looked like a puck from the pistol. The whole experience was just terrible.

Jan 4, 2018
So I was struggling with clicking on things in the UI on PC and it turns out I had to turn off Enable Controller in the controls settings. Now I don't have to click three times to navigate my inventory

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Speaking of bugs (maybe): did you ever go back to Amara? Because I was talking about how poorly implemented I thought her Guardian Angel was and that you should at least have a chance to kill something before it instantly activates. After dumping a handful of points into FFYL duration and speed, I think I have accidentally been able to kill something two or three times now and get a second wind, without GA happening. It wasn't on cooldown either. So I don't know if that's a bug, or that's actually how it's supposed to be working in the first place.
I have gotten that as well, but it's only when I get an immediate second wind.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
I've saved scum the hell out of the golden chest. The overall loot table feels pretty 'meh' to me. Like 95% of the items are purple rarity so a lot of the items will be fairly good, stats wise. While you generally want to hold onto your keys until higher levels, it seems like the most bang for your buck is gonna come from opening a chest every handful of levels or so once your current gear starts to feel a bit long in the tooth.

I didn't even realize there were different types of trackers although now that you mention it i was shooting out what looked like a puck from the pistol. The whole experience was just terrible.

Wait so the key isn't consumed unless you save? I just assumed it would be monitored by the network to prevent this from happening.

littleworm

Oct 25, 2017
That moment when you realized you sold a gun you liked and didn't realize it, worse I don't even remember what it was called. All I remember was it was a Maliwan SMG that shot these two corrosive orbs with a little energy line connecting the two, it absolutely melted enemy armor.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
That moment when you realized you sold a gun you liked and didn't realize it, worse I don't even remember what it was called. All I remember was it was a Maliwan SMG that shot these two corrosive orbs with a little energy line connecting the two, it absolutely melted enemy armor.
Borderlands_3_20190915231557.png

It's this weapon, the Cutsman, except mine was fire at that point. It's ridiculously good.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like the Cutsman.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so the key isn't consumed unless you save? I just assumed it would be monitored by the network to prevent this from happening.
Not exactly. Pretty sure the game save instantly once you use a key but on ps4, the keys are registered to a 2nd save file different from the main one. If you back up and then restore that file after using your keys, you get the keys back.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
For the people that played the game since launch. How is it holding so far?

The gameplay holds up for the most part (especially if you try different characters and builds), but as grating as much of the dialogue was on the first time through, it's only worse on consecutive playthroughs due to how verbose it is. To speed things up, once they start talking, I just exit to the main screen and reload. It's faster than listening to their long-winded nothings.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
The gameplay holds up for the most part (especially if you try different characters and builds), but as grating as much of the dialogue was on the first time through, it's only worse on consecutive playthroughs due to how verbose it is. To speed things up, once they start talking, I just exit to the main screen and reload. It's faster than listening to their long-winded nothings.
Cool as long as gameplay hold up thats what matters.

I'm thinking to wait for 50% discount hopefully &

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
For the people that played the game since launch. How is it holding so far?

I'm absolutely loving the game personally. Recently completed campaign, working on hitting 50 now.

I'm sortve bummed that d2 expansion is right around the corner, a lot of my buddies will be switching to that and while I love destiny, I really want a ton more time with this game.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On PC you can do it as soon asyou hit Sanctuary, on console you have to beat the game again (seems like a bug... but for which platform??? spooky)
What the actual fuck... so I guess I'll just play a different character until they fix this? How does something like this even happen...

This and the negative guardian rank points are such baffling bugs. This shit had to go trhough playtesting on consoles no?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Moxxi always send you on the most pain in the ass missions?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The framerate is basically unplayable on base ps4 in co-op, especially with an explosives Moze on the team

Also why does someone else leaving a circle of slaughter make it so the remaining people can't progress

Also any word on them expanding the bank/fixing the menu lag and other bugs this friday?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What the actual fuck... so I guess I'll just play a different character until they fix this? How does something like this even happen...

This and the negative guardian rank points are such baffling bugs. This shit had to go trhough playtesting on consoles no?
Yeah I'm waiting for that and a bigger bank space before going through TVHM

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The framerate is basically unplayable on base ps4 in co-op, especially with an explosives Moze on the team

Also why does someone else leaving a circle of slaughter make it so the remaining people can't progress

Also any word on them expanding the bank/fixing the menu lag and other bugs this friday?
An update? Not really. Whoever runs the official gearbox account is quite nice tho. Patch might drop earlier or later than friday, the way they worded it was that it'd be up to how fast cert is.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
An update? Not really. Whoever runs the official gearbox account is quite nice tho. Patch might drop earlier or later than friday, the way they worded it was that it'd be up to how fast cert is.
Well there's a lot of urgent shit that needs to be fixed before I drop it until it does so here's hoping

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
I love Tannis.

"Huh. I wonder how fast the blades would have to spin to aerosolize human blood. I will keep you updated."

I do think that even with the problematic story elements, once you hit Eden 6 some stuff starts to come together much better. I think early on the Calypsos are pretty eh but once you get into the Mansion missions they start getting much broader characterization and the general dialogue and characters as well as humor hits way more often.

Still, it's very obvious what could have been as the theme for the game comes together around Eden 6 too but the writing wasn't strong enough to really drive in what they were trying to do. It still made for some decent moments tho.

Edit: Wait, is one of the announcer COV voiced by Penn Jillette?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I think calypsos would be a lot better if it was less "lol youtube streamers" and more "lol any streamer". There's so many missed opportunities to really dig in and shit on specific streamers who've done dumb shit.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, I might've mentioned it earlier but I think they didn't push hard enough one way or the other; if they're streamers you REALLY need to sell that in everything they do. If not, then just have them be cocky cult leaders with more shit like Troy's monologue on Eden 6 or some of the stuff on Promethea.

To be fair I still haven't beaten it so we'll see

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, i really love multiplayer games like Destiny, is this game like that? or is everything single player?
I read that you can play with friends, but i have no friends that play games. Does the game have a matching system? to group you up with random strangers?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Just had a Moze in my circle of slaughter game with the mirv hex

Jesus christ

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hey guys, i really love multiplayer games like Destiny, is this game like that? or is everything single player?
I read that you can play with friends, but i have no friends that play games. Does the game have a matching system? to group you up with random strangers?
You can play everything solo or you can use the matchmaking to play everything in co-op with randoms. Or anything in between.

They did get rid of the server browser that past games had though :/

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017

Borderlands almost entirely built itself on offering co-op fun in an age where it's not really a thing games do. So everything is multiplayer, couch co-op, friends online and online matchmaking. I haven't done any matchmaking but playing with friends hasn't had any issues so far.

On an unrelated note, Carnivora is one of the best sections. Great sidequest, great dialogue and jokes.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Any one getting controller drift? If I'm completely still, hands off the controls my character starts slowly sliding side ways. I'm using one of the newer white elite controllers. And I'm not noticing it on any other game.