• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone test this for me? I've done it twice with success, but it may be a bug.

...but maybe not? It seems fairly legit, or perhaps this is the way everyone fights him?

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Hnnnnngggg...

nrI8qT5.jpg

Where did this drop for you? I need this in my (FL4K) life!

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Mayhem 3 was a bit much for bounty hunting for me solo, turned down to Mayhem 2 and got this to drop... (L46 version - 1609 dmg)

The-Duc-legendary-Weapon.jpg

Jacobs damage and fire rate, crit ricochets... plus every shot is a timed AE explosive... even on the crit ricochets.

Oh my.

tuuqc2q.jpg

Been telling people how good it is on Discord but I don't think anybody got one at max level yet

Also, The Flood hand cannon is crazy

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Is healthgating ever a problem?
When I accidentally throw a pipe bomb at myself it is lol

But I haven't had any trouble getting one shot, my shields generally stay in the realm of 15k-25k with lots of enemies around.
Once I get the bloodletter mod it'll fully synergize so that all healing from my grenades is converted to shields, so I don't see myself going down much once I finally get it to drop.

if it's Fl4k you can solo him at MH3 in 1-2 minutes. Queen's Call + Torque shotgun is amazing on him.

I'm at level 150+ now.
Just wait until you get around to a moze build.
15-30 second runs on
Tyreen and Graveward
regardless of M3 modifiers.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But I haven't had any trouble getting one shot, my shields generally stay in the realm of 15k-25k with lots of enemies around.
Once I get the bloodletter mod it'll fully synergize so that all healing from my grenades is converted to shields, so I don't see myself going down much once I finally get it to drop.

15-30 second runs on
Tyreen and Graveward
damn, I can do both of them in that time only if the Mayhem gods smile at me.

Other than that, The last boss was a bitch to fight in Mayhem 3 as Fl4k, most of the time. Havent tried Troy yet, he's the boss that gave me the most trouble.

Especially when I hit that bug where a hit from his orb dropped me down to 10% shields.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Considering how long they are? Not really

you get at the very least minimum one legendary per round, x5 rounds

The cistern of slaughter is the easiest / shortest one and it also has these loaded rakks dropping a ton of money

Also, the flood

HQGp5hn.jpg

Basically it shoots 8 bullets almost under one second

if it's Fl4k you can solo him at MH3 in 1-2 minutes.

As fl4k and amara you can kill the graveward in under 5 seconds

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

15-30 second runs on
Tyreen and Graveward
what grenade are you running?
EDIT: or how are you healing with your grenades?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
you get at the very least minimum one legendary per round, x5 rounds

The cistern of slaughter is the easiest / shortest one and it also has these loaded rakks dropping a ton of money

Also, the flood

HQGp5hn.jpg

Basically it shoots 8 bullets almost under one second

As fl4k and amara you can kill the graveward in under 5 seconds
Yeah but if you wipe you have to start the full round over again, also which mayhem level are you getting 1 legendary per round. I did the humanoid one last night on normal just because I was having trouble even clearing them and I don't think I got more than 1 legendary.

Compared to bosses who also drop legendaries and can be taken out in a fraction of the time and don't punish you as harshly for dying AND are easier...

(also those rakks fucking suck as amara without phasegrasp)

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using a grenade that hits 5 times, as it homes on a target and does 700 hp heals every time it hits. I'm not sure if it works that well though.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
moze has a skill where she can heal 20% of her MISSING health per enemy hit with a grenade at 5/5. can get boosted by mods too
ah, i guess i either didnt get that far in that tree or i just never throw grenades when my shields are gone and i'm missing health. once i get that class mod that would help significantly lol.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
nice to see the Flood mentioned in some posts above, this hand cannon is so damn awesome. I absolutely need to get another one once hit level 50.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
what grenade are you running?
EDIT: or how are you healing with your grenades?
When I farm, it's gotta be the Porcelain Pipe Bomb. Make's farming trivial w Moze.
When i'm not farming I do my best to get MIRVs, such as the MIRV Hex, or something that has multiple explosions like Firestorm.
What Psychoward said about healing is true, and once I get bloodletter it transfers it to shield healing, which makes my build unstoppable with the right grenades essentially

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Yeah but if you wipe you have to start the full round over again, also which mayhem level are you getting 1 legendary per round. I did the humanoid one last night on normal just because I was having trouble even clearing them and I don't think I got more than 1 legendary.

Compared to bosses who also drop legendaries and can be taken out in a fraction of the time and don't punish you as harshly for dying AND are easier...

(also those rakks fucking suck as amara without phasegrasp)

I do everything in Tvhm - mayhem 3. its just raining legendaries in circle of slaughter, even online

as for the rakks im using a laser weapon just for them, no need for any character skill

edit : i keep forgetting you're on console, im sorry. tracking is much harder with a pad, of course

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Are there like no daily/weekly challenges or something? this game could benefit from some live service game things like destiny/division imo

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Got Amara to 50, then ran through TVHM to the end again, then finally leveled my FL4K to 50 and now I'm trying to level Zane.

Just...ugh he's bad early on (currently level 20). So many of his skills contradict one another, and I've seen a single end game build that is actually good for both bosses and groups and it doesn't even come online until you get the right class mod.

Amara has three very viable (and fun) builds, and everyone already knows about FL4K and Moze. Zane's best early survivability comes by grabbing skills from the shield tree, but the shield active skill itself is so clunky to play with and leads to a bunch of "find a spot and sit until enemies are dead" slow style of gameplay, and even snipers don't make up for it (the game's AI has a habit of ducking behind cover as soon as you aim with one through ESP). It's also like a flashbag to my face each time an enemy with an energy weapon shoots at the shield. Can't see shit ever.

If you instead go through the sentinel tree, you might have more damage, but only for killing enemies and your survivability is very random, and it's much worse for bosses. The clone tree doesn't really shape up until much later either.

Kill skill me now.

It's a random world drop. Got a few from Graveward.

tuuqc2q.jpg

Been telling people how good it is on Discord but I don't think anybody got one at max level yet

Also, The Flood hand cannon is crazy

Saw a weapon video where the uploader thought that it was one of the best weapons in the game, if not the best as far as weapons that do not rely on specific builds to shine goes, and that it was right behind Queen's and King's call for FL4K.

Last edited:

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
When I farm, it's gotta be the Porcelain Pipe Bomb. Make's farming trivial w Moze.
When i'm not farming I do my best to get MIRVs, such as the MIRV Hex, or something that has multiple explosions like Firestorm.
What Psychoward said about healing is true, and once I get bloodletter it transfers it to shield healing, which makes my build unstoppable with the right grenades essentially
yeah i've found a couple hex mods but none of them are mirvs
Are there like no daily/weekly challenges or something? this game could benefit from some live service game things like destiny/division imo
would really help give some direction and focus in the end game imo. the bloody harvest event will at least give us something new to do and then at this point i'm just trying to perfect my build for the takedown raid thing in november.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Huh, I just beat One Punch and didn't get the shotgun I am apparently supposed to. Is that meant to be a 100% drop?

I was surprised he didn't have loot or give me an achievement or anything so I googled him and it seems like I'm supposed to get One Pump Chump?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Got Amara to 50, then ran through TVHM to the end again, then finally leveled my FL4K to 50 and now I'm trying to level Zane.

Just...ugh he's bad early on (currently level 20). So many of his skills contradict one another, and I've seen a single end game build that is actually good for both bosses and groups and it doesn't even come online until you get the right class mod.

Amara has three very viable (and fun) builds, and everyone already knows about FL4K and Moze. Zane's best early survivability comes by grabbing skills from the shield tree, but the shield active skill itself is so clunky to play with and leads to a bunch of "find a spot and sit until enemies are dead" slow style of gameplay, and even snipers don't make up for it (the game's AI has a habit of ducking behind cover as soon as you aim with one through ESP). It's also like a flashbag to my face each time an enemy with an energy weapon shoots at the shield. Can't see shit ever.

If you instead go through the sentinel tree, you might have more damage, but only for killing enemies and your survivability is very random, and it's much worse for bosses. The clone tree doesn't really shape up until much later either.

Kill skill me now.

Zane needs urgent changes to make him actually fun to play

1) he needs to be able to spawn his barrier to be mobile from the start by holding it down

2) he needs to be able to recall all of his skills early to refund a cooldown, give dopplebanger a buff to make up for the loss of utility

3) seein red should be active whenever his action skills are out like how jack/timothy has in his middle/blue capstone

4) let us still see the grenade count with two action skills out!

More minor things

5) duct tape mod is a cool skill but seems completely out of place in a tree that has other, more practical uses for grenade consumption

6) swapping places is a little disorienting

7) probably a technical issue but it would be cool if he got to throw his clone out like how axton's turret was in bl2

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Ugh, TVHM. I'm level 45 and just trying to max out at 50 and get some fun loot. But man, maybe it's just me, but elemental damage and resistance just seem completely out of whack (mainly with corrosive). I can take down shields super easy, but anything with armor just ends up being a ridiculous bullet sponge. It shouldn't take me 4 full clips from a corrosive SMG to take down one armor bar...

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
so if i already completed the pipe bomb quest at a low level, sold it, and now want to obtain it again at my current level is that possible? (without starting a new character)

I never used it, i think i sold it right away assuming it was garbage (whoops) I would like to give it a try though since everyone seems to be raving about it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
so if i already completed the pipe bomb quest at a low level, sold it, and now want to obtain it again at my current level is that possible? (without starting a new character)

I never used it, i think i sold it right away assuming it was garbage (whoops) I would like to give it a try though since everyone seems to be raving about it.
TVHM or a new character is your only hope. Still no way to reset specific quests and other QOL things in regards to unique quest items. But it's fundamentally broken and will hopefully end up getting fixed in a patch soonish.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, TVHM. I'm level 45 and just trying to max out at 50 and get some fun loot. But man, maybe it's just me, but elemental damage and resistance just seem completely out of whack (mainly with corrosive). I can take down shields super easy, but anything with armor just ends up being a ridiculous bullet sponge. It shouldn't take me 4 full clips from a corrosive SMG to take down one armor bar...
You should definitely go back to normal mode and run one of the mahems while doing some boss farming until you're 50.
Get to 50, get some good guns from easy kill bosses
(chupacabratch, graveward, tyreen)
then go back to TVHM.
Offline farming due to the mahem fixes being a hotfix allows you to still get the drop rates and xp from release day, so you can get from 45-50 pretty quickly.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
TVHM or a new character is your only hope. Still no way to reset specific quests and other QOL things in regards to unique quest items. But it's fundamentally broken and will hopefully end up getting fixed in a patch soonish.

Meanwhile, Recurring Hex exists as does Storm Front. They aren't nearly as broken at all for boss farming, but they are much better for crowds IMO. For ease of acquiring though, the Pipe Bomb still rules them all.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
You should definitely go back to normal mode and run one of the mahems while doing some boss farming until you're 50.
then go back to TVHM.
Offline farming due to the mahem fixes being a hotfix allows you to still get the drop rates and xp from release day, so you can get from 45-50 pretty quickly.

Good to know, didn't realize they were hotfixes. Back to Normal I go...

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So clearly the pipe bomb is gonna be nerfed right? I mean it's just too good. I've used other grenades just to prepare for the nerf and man the difference is rough.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
then go back to TVHM.

This is true, but it will glitch your guardian ranks initially. Due to the gross disparity in XP offline vs online, you might grab 20 or more tokens an hour offline, but then as soon as you go back online, the game tries to recalculate and it puts you in a huge token hole. To get your 21st token, you would need to gain 21 levels of online experience, which will take you way longer than what it took offline to get the initial 20. Another thing is that while offline is good for farming legenadies in general, you can't get legendary class mods without the hotfix.

If you do plan on doing this offline, it would be good to hit 224 guardian tokens to reach the capstones of survivability and hunter, and stop at 74 in the other one. Hollow Point is currently bugged and can kill allies. After that, go back online and ignore the tokens until you can actually gain them again.

So clearly the pipe bomb is gonna be nerfed right? I mean it's just too good. I've used other grenades just to prepare for the nerf and man the difference is rough.

It's horribly fucking disproportionate to every other grenade for bosses, and it's a guaranteed reward. Abuse it while it lasts. The level 50 version is actually worth the rush back through the game just to get it. The time you spent to reach that point in the game again is still made up for by the killing speed on boss farms. Just use it to get the gear you need for legit boss killing builds that do not rely on it and kill about as fast.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's not that it's too good, it's that it's legitimately broken/glitched. It's basically B0RE but on a grenade.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's not that it's too good, it's that it's legitimately broken/glitched. It's basically B0RE but on a grenade.

Yeah that's true, its been nice for farming but I'm totally fine with them nerfing it. I know people look at it as a single player game so they should just leave it alone but every lobby I join most are using this grenade and its making all the content trivial.