• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh that makes sense. Was assuming legendary items of the same level would be stronger as well. They do have some cool features sometimes but mostly very gimmicky so far.
Top-tier legendaries are almost always better than regular epics or rares. Stuff like Queen's/King's Call, Facepuncher, crossroad etc flat out wreck. But most legendaries are just "Gimmick The Gun", so it is possible that you haven't had a good legendary drop for you yet even though you've seen a few already.

At least the item you're looking for drops from them. Farming Dinklebot is miserable with console load times. I farmed him for an hour and a half today. Got 15 loot o grams, sometimes going 6 runs without him spawning. Turned them all in and got ZERO legendaries.
Why not just farm bosses on Mayhem-2 or above? Mayhem-3 has ridiculous drop rates too, it is so high, you can just kill random badasses and goliaths after spawning on Jakob Estate and get at least 2-5 legendaries per run, just running and gunning everything that shows up before the elevator.

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest regret was using the co-op feature. I missed some key moments as it jumped me farther down quests than I was at. Even quitting right it would still put me in whatever quest I just joined

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
I would like to know that as I have 2 guns that I equip but don't use that have the same perk, one is for 100% damage and the other is 150% damage when action skill ends. I use fade away but to be honest I'm not sure if they work or stack to make 250% damage etc.
From my vague and unclear testing, it seems as though the buff did apply immediately after firing Rakk Attack, and did not obviously appear in the buff bar. Stacking, couldn't say.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Has anyone started a database yet of what all the red text means? I have about 50 red text weapons and only know what about 5 of them do by their visuals.
The borderlands wiki normally has all of them, might be while before they are all added. I used it all the time with the other borderlands games because it has more than just what the red text means, it normally also has what the gun is good for, or if the gun sucks in general lol.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
The borderlands wiki normally has all of them, might be while before they are all added. I used it all the time with the other borderlands games because it has more than just what the red text means, it normally also has what the gun is good for, or if the gun sucks in general lol.

Ahh thanks! I'll see if they a phone app, but if not I'll bookmark it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
All I have left for the platinum now is to complete the 3 circles of slaughter

Ugh

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Curious about this.

If I bump my difficulty up to Mayhem 3, will it improve the Legendary drop rate from the giant floating cube in Nekrotafeyo?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is there any way to search for a specific circle of slaughter in matchmaking? I wanna finish the maliwan and beasties one

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Less, but they are longer and more robust aide missions. Not as many quick ones.
their are 124 or so quests in BL2 96 in BL3 but pretty much some are same as BL2 but some are pretty beefy like killavolt which ends up with a full on boss and area youd never visit without it so i prefer this some fast quests but many more beefy quests.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was... can Killavolt even hurt me?

6CAORfO.png

The answer is no. He literally can't.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
My first thought was... can Killavolt even hurt me?

6CAORfO.png

The answer is no. He literally can't.
Lol

I had a level 43 version of this which I only kept for utility. Got a level 49 today which is now my main shield. I hate how items that aren't level 50 drop in mayhem 2 at level 50. Gearbox pls

Also yeah holy fuck this maliwan slaughter is brutal even in co-op. That and the beast one are all I have left for the platinum.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I think some of my favorite quests are the side missions.

• I helped bake a birthday cake (always pay your baker)
  • I helped a robot find a missing research team which ended in a fun cage match with a giant dinosaur and giant ape
  • I helped another robot find her head and fought a demon in the dark. (I really liked this one, the different perspective from the robots and then later Typhon's logs, good stuff)
  • I went to a birthday party with Mordecai. This was one of the hardest mission. I actually almost stopped playing for a bit. I'm gonna keep the gun until the end for Grace.

I'm almost done with the game and I honestly like it better than Borderlands 2 (which I never finished). I guess not playing Tales might have been to my benefit as the characters seem alright to me.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Still leveling up before I start a TVHM run, but regarding each of the maps, any faster methods of uncovering unexplored areas other than just going map by map? I had thought about doing full exploration during my actual playthroughs, but I quickly abandoned that idea.

I'm sure I've still got tons of undiscovered sidequests and whatnot, just wish there were a quicker way to identify them than having to run up and discover them after finishing the game

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Any help is appreciated. I'm going through each level now cleaning up Typhon Logs, Dead Claptraps, etc. I'm playing through Athenas and am stuck on 97% complete. Found a map online and I've found/gotten every single thing in that level. Is there some weird obscure thing I'm missing?

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
Any help is appreciated. I'm going through each level now cleaning up Typhon Logs, Dead Claptraps, etc. I'm playing through Athenas and am stuck on 97% complete. Found a map online and I've found/gotten every single thing in that level. Is there some weird obscure thing I'm missing?
Did you click left stick on the map you're viewing? It shows all the components that make up the 100% rating. Red chests and missions count as part of that score.

KoreanBBQ

Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Did you click left stick on the map you're viewing? It shows all the components that make up the 100% rating. Red chests and missions count as part of that score.

Wow, a hundred hours into this game and I never even knew you could do that. Thanks for the help. Sigh.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Why is the sound so messed up. I can't hear a character unless I am right in front of them and facing them. It's annoying. I've adjusted all the settings I can, and audio is perfectly fine in every other game.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still can't believe they made two pet classes whose pets are useless at endgame.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Man, I feel like the humor in this game rough. This feeble and the furious side mission is especially bad. I'm having someone yelling "you're a wet hemorrhoid " or "I got two logs fighting in my tummy ready for a mud slide". I found borderlands 2 funny as hell, but I don't even see immature me at 14 finding this funny.

Edit: Also is the playforming in this mission super hard or am I just over complicating it 😂

Second edit: I definitely over complicated it... there was a stairway. I was jumping on piles and like going out of bounds and shit. I was thinking gearbox made this level very elaborate and tough haha

Last edited:

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So like, what's the deal with the billion ammo chests everywhere? Why don't they just have enemies drop ammo? It weakens the appeal of opening chests in general and slows the game down considerably. I know it was like this in the other games, but it really could've been streamlined here.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to search for a specific circle of slaughter in matchmaking? I wanna finish the maliwan and beasties one
From what I understand, no.

Wtf? There different circles of slaughter? How do i access them? Or are these just the ones after finishing the first one?

We tried 4 times to survive a circle of slaughter with 4 players on level 30 but this is some intense difficulty coupled with heavy sfx chaos. We've yet to survive a whole set of rounds because it seemingly aborts the mission after everyone dies at least once?! (There is so much stuff not explained properly -.-). Does it get easier at higher levels?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, the game totally overstays its welcome.

Also, the final scene felt absolutely rushed.

and lol @ the soundtrack - girl on fire, REALLY?!

also lol @ that stupid "to be continued in 4 ... ... ... ... 3 2 1" fake out ending. fuck off.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a bit bored of the melee build for Amara. Think I might mix things up and try out Fist of the Elements. I've seen some stupidly powerful builds come out of that and I want a taste of it.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Atlas auto rifles are so useful with the smart bullets. I feel like such a pro now with flying enemies. Just hit them with the tracker and squeeze the trigger. Life is a lil easier now. They're pretty powerful too.

I've accumulated quite a few legendaries in the game but use 1-2 only. Feels weird using a blue weapon over a gold. Guess I'm just so used to Destiny where legendaries and exotics trump rares.

Destiny 2 - the exotics were dreadful at launch. Like garbage tier.

I don't see the issue with legendaries here. They all are setup to do a particular job and fit particular playstyles better than other guns in the game. Sure one or two seem to not be so special but most do well. But then I'm not bothered about 1 extra damage point here or there so perhaps that is my issue.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
that bit was genuinely funny though. but yeah i agree, the game dragged massively near the end.

Also, any large scale map that required a lot of vehicular traversal sucks balls. Vehicles simply aren't fun in this game, yet you're forced to use them, because even on larger scale maps, there's way too few warp stations.

Any open mostly non-linear zone in this game made me sigh upon looking at the map screen.
Because - while in other games, exploring these maps would be fun - here, you immediately know that, apart from exceptions like zer0 or Hammerlock challenges, most of the areas there were reserved for some side quest later on - making you either retread what is by then a ghost town devoid of fresh enemies; or fight the same enemies all over again.

The game's super linear with how it doles out side quests, yet often presents itself as some open world.

ALSO; VEHICLES SUCK.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Why do some assets load up a few seconds or more after the area? I thought Unreal engine solved it years ago....

Zetaero

Oct 28, 2017
I just got hit with the guardian rank bug. The first real issue I've run into while playing this game. Hope they get this fixed asap because now its gonna start affecting ny endgame grind.