• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Another evening, another Xbox One X console shutdown right in the middle of a lot of explosions. Well, I wanted to go to bed anyway....

They seriously need to fix this shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Does the campaign not introduce you to the circle of slaughter/proving grounds stuff?

Are you suppose to just matchmake your way into these things from the menu? Can you not go solo?

Oct 25, 2017
The game just gets better and better the higher I level. I can tell it is going to be a PITA start from scratch on second class though. It might be a while before I do that.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I've had 4 or 5 legendary weapons/items drop so far (level 20) and none of them are better than some of my blues even. Wtf is going on? They have the same level requirement but the stats seem way lower sometimes. I do try them out but they haven't felt any different from the regular guns really. Am I missing something?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had 4 or 5 legendary weapons/items drop so far (level 20) and none of them are better than some of my blues even. Wtf is going on? They have the same level requirement but the stats seem way lower sometimes. I do try them out but they haven't felt any different from the regular guns really. Am I missing something?

They're used more for their unique traits than their raw stats, I feel. I guess the legendary stuff is meant to be different, not necessarily stronger.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Does the campaign not introduce you to the circle of slaughter/proving grounds stuff?

Are you suppose to just matchmake your way into these things from the menu? Can you not go solo?

You'll eventually get the ability to decipher some Eridian landmarks, which lead you to the proving grounds.

The Circles of Slaughter you can find while you play.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone started a database yet of what all the red text means? I have about 50 red text weapons and only know what about 5 of them do by their visuals.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
So my guardian rank says I have -33 tokens and I can't seem to spend any when I rank up. Is this a bug?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh that makes sense. Was assuming legendary items of the same level would be stronger as well. They do have some cool features sometimes but mostly very gimmicky so far.

Yeah I have a sweet handgun I got from a side quest that berates me all the time and tells me I suck, with the only exceptional aspect of it being that the rounds are explosive.

It's a cool gun but I have a blue rarity one with four shots per clip that does like twice the damage. It's no real contest.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone started a database yet of what all the red text means? I have about 50 red text weapons and only know what about 5 of them do by their visuals.

The red text are usualy references or nods to pop culture, the influence or tribute with this guns. For exemple there are guns from Firefly, Doom, Dune with flavor texts from these and designs straight up from these games/shows/movies :

maxresdefault.jpg

The flavor is " You can't take the sky from me "

it's the lyrics from Firefly's opening :

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

It's also looking like firefly's gun :

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
You opened the guardian panel and found a tons of " free " ranks too ? And then on another characters it shows -33 tokens ? I have the same problem
I only have one character. It started when I joined a mayhem 3 circle of slaughter and the game suddenly dropped a ton of tokens on me in a matter of seconds. I spent all of them and since then I've been having this problem.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like there are some legit good Legendaries while the rest are Legendaries because of their novelty, and because of their effects. I'm a hoarder so whenever I run into some Legendaries, regardless of how useful they are, I give it to my mules now.

And yeah I ran into the Guardian Ranks bug. Just remembered that I had a whopping fresh 85 points to spend.... That's a huge negative now lol.

Oct 25, 2017

I've gotten some ridiculous drops so far. Some shotguns in particular that just melt for a good 5 or 6 levels. I'm level 30 right now. Some of them I will immediately farm as soon as I hit level 50.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
The red text are usualy references or nods to pop culture, the influence or tribute with this guns. For exemple there are guns from Firefly, Doom, Dune with flavor texts from these and designs straight up from these games/shows/movies :

maxresdefault.jpg

The flavor is " You can't take the sky from me "

it's the lyrics from Firefly's opening :

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

It's also looking like firefly's gun :

maxresdefault.jpg

A lot of them have features not explained in the stats though. An example is a legendary pistol I have and the red text reads "flower power", which is a nod to Mario's fireball power. The gun shoots mario fireballs that bounce on the ground and makes the same blip noise.

In BL2 you could see a database of what they did.

Edit: the data wasnt IN BL2, sorry, but there was one online.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
A lot of them have features not explained in the stats though. An example is a legendary pistol I have and the red text reads "flower power", which is a nod to Mario's fireball power. The gun shoots mario fireballs that bounce on the ground and makes the same blip noise.

In BL2 you could see a database of what they did.

Edit: the data wasnt IN BL2, sorry, but there was one online.
There probably will be one soon

Zetaero

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder who thought it was a good idea to have named enemies spawn randomly and extremely rarely. Trying to farm borman nates and wick and worty has been the worst.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017

There are sooo many legendaries some are just legendary because they do something cool (bullet pattern in the shape of an 'A') but aren't very practical.

But there are plenty of legendiaries that are straight up very powerful and you can feel their power immediately. Happy looting!

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
I've gotten some ridiculous drops so far. Some shotguns in particular that just melt for a good 5 or 6 levels. I'm level 30 right now. Some of them I will immediately farm as soon as I hit level 50.

The only really useful Legendary I've gotten was the Extreme Hangin' Chad. When it dropped it was level 12. I used that thing until I was around level 32. The fire elemental damage on that thing is ridiculous. Paired with some of Moze's skills it was an absolute beast.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
I wonder who thought it was a good idea to have named enemies spawn randomly and extremely rarely. Trying to farm borman nates and wick and worty has been the worst.

At least the item you're looking for drops from them. Farming Dinklebot is miserable with console load times. I farmed him for an hour and a half today. Got 15 loot o grams, sometimes going 6 runs without him spawning. Turned them all in and got ZERO legendaries.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Gearbox fixed the loot tink in Jacobs Estate and mayhem plus 3 server side. If you log in on your own computer offline, the variables for these are still the old ones, meaning you can basically loot and use MH3 with its original values before the fix. Just upload your save when you play online and it's as if nothing changed.

Edit - Yes it still works on PC.

Thanks for this. Really speeding up leveling to 50 and giving great gr too!

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
Man, I hate on Tediore like the rest of y'all Hyperion and Maliwan bois but I just got a Legendary shotgun that puts out good damage but when you throw it, it turns into a bouncy ball that says "Shoot me" and if you shoot it, it turns into a black hole that sucks up enemies and barrels before exploding. And holy hell, this thing is crowd control central. I'll take one shot, huck it then set it off and I'm one-shotting psychos and fanatics with the explosion.

Also when you throw it, sometimes it goes "Yeet!"

Slathe

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone on PC been getting really bad multiplayer lag for the last two days? It was fine all last week - this just recently started and I don't think anything has changed locally.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate on Tediore like the rest of y'all Hyperion and Maliwan bois but I just got a Legendary shotgun that puts out good damage but when you throw it, it turns into a bouncy ball that says "Shoot me" and if you shoot it, it turns into a black hole that sucks up enemies and barrels before exploding. And holy hell, this thing is crowd control central. I'll take one shot, huck it then set it off and I'm one-shotting psychos and fanatics with the explosion.

Tediore weapons are fun and some of them can offer some powerful explosions. I'm still looking for the right one but I think mine is a Legendary weapon that's essentially a flamethrower that when you reload it, it turns into a flamethrower turret. Absolutely melts flesh.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I just wish there was a tediore weapon that was worth more than firing one shot then throwing.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Was doing the side quest for ma and Pa Honeywell. After you're on the roof and the cov spawn in I jumped on top of the drop ship. It took me outside the map then despawned.

Some interesting stuff out there lol.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I luckily havent run into the negative tokens or disappearing bank bugs yet, here's hoping I never do.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Atlas auto rifles are so useful with the smart bullets. I feel like such a pro now with flying enemies. Just hit them with the tracker and squeeze the trigger. Life is a lil easier now. They're pretty powerful too.

I've accumulated quite a few legendaries in the game but use 1-2 only. Feels weird using a blue weapon over a gold. Guess I'm just so used to Destiny where legendaries and exotics trump rares.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018

I must have had the same gun. I kept seeing a red ball floating around saying "shoot me". The really tragic thing is that I never thought to shoot it. Lol.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I must have had the same gun. I kept seeing a red ball floating around saying "shoot me". The really tragic thing is that I never thought to shoot it. Lol.
That ability is just something that tediore guns spawn with sometimes. Doesn't mean you'd get the black hole thing too.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Only just started this weekend with my son, and then only a couple of hours. We're on PC, btw. He's Mose, I'm Amara.

Love it. Don't care if it's 'more of the same'. That's the deal going in, and anyone expecting otherwise...well...

I had a genuine laugh-out-loud moment when Claptrap, going stealth, starts singing to himself. That shit was genuinely funny.

Graphically, it's blowing me away. They've added a more 'arty' feel to the cell-shading - stuff that looks like brush strokes on some of the guns, etc. It's gotten a little more 'cartoony', and that seems to fit the series perfectly.

Also, the opening cenematic(s) continue to amaze. Nothing will ever beat Cage The Elephant from 2, but they still manage to find music that matches the spirit of the thing...

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Late game Marcus saying
Here's some...ammo.
was pretty funny and actually got me to laugh.

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
I can't fucking believe that they

I am so pissed and sad, that fight was dope tho

Got a legendary rocket launcher

(Why my spoiler is not appearing?)

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Atlas auto rifles are so useful with the smart bullets. I feel like such a pro now with flying enemies. Just hit them with the tracker and squeeze the trigger. Life is a lil easier now. They're pretty powerful too.

I've accumulated quite a few legendaries in the game but use 1-2 only. Feels weird using a blue weapon over a gold. Guess I'm just so used to Destiny where legendaries and exotics trump rares.

I wasn't too fond of Atlas weaponry until recently. Some cool guns. Been rocking Vladof, Dahl, Jakobs, and if I find a Legendary Atlas weapon then that's going into my rotation of useful Legendary weapons.

I got a Deep Dive Face Puncher yesterday..... Anybody know how to properly use it for Amara? It's mainly my build (shield, eridian artifact, class mod) so anybody have a proper build for Face Puncher Amara?

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else just randomly unable to move after hopping out of a vehicle (PS4) ? happened 3 times now, if i fast travel it usually fixes itself, but its really really annoying.

Ill add it the long list of annoyances/bugs.