• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Personally I don't think there's much wrong with her green tree that isn't shared by her orange tree, in that both of them are terrible late game without investment into blue. Both green and orange just feel like accessory trees that aren't necessary for much of anything. I actually started doing secondary investment into green because there isn't really any such thing as "more unkillable"; she's already across that threshold just with Vampyr and a good grenade so wasting her rather powerful DPS class mod slot on survivability seemed pretty pointless for TVHM M3.

I don't know what I want them to do with Iron Bear, honestly. Making it last longer via more survivability is just going to make her anointments suck worse than they already do (which is quite a lot compared to the other characters). I think I'd like them to give Auto Bear the ability to allow you to summon Iron Bear without getting into it at all by holding the action skill button down, so you can immediately put it on cooldown and trigger anointments. That way if they do increase the survivability of Iron Bear at least we'd still get some means of access to anointment buffs more in line with other characters.
I've been saying this for ages about the iron bear auto bear stuff

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
The Giant eye boss wrecked me at least 6 or 7 times i literally had to use rockets then hide and rinse repeat and then melt it with an electric SMG once its first bar was down.

I truly feel your pain. While I love the game it's uhhh hard for me lol. And now I'm waiting for a patch that may or may not happen to add more fast travel locations on especially the later planets because I do not have time for all of THAT :)

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Put a hold on my Fl4k playthrough halfway through Eden 6 to start an Amara save. Probably gonna rush through earlygame to get to Promethea asap

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow got like 15 Guardian ranks...

And now on another character it displays -15 guardian ranks...

WTF

This is kind of interesting from a programming perspective. Maybe guardian rank is a global variable that updates based on savedata, but instead of properly updating it somehow does a subtraction if your certain flags are ticked? Weird.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I truly feel your pain. While I love the game it's uhhh hard for me lol. And now I'm waiting for a patch that may or may not happen to add more fast travel locations on especially the later planets because I do not have time for all of THAT :)
I am only just killing the first boss on Eden-6 but loving it so far though i agree more travel would be nice

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
This is kind of interesting from a programming perspective. Maybe guardian rank is a global variable that updates based on savedata, but instead of properly updating it somehow does a subtraction if your certain flags are ticked? Weird.

I think it might have to do with the hotfix. It seems that the game tries to download and apply the hotfix only once you're at the main menu; so if they adjusted guardian XP totals needed for a level, and then on an existing character you load in somehow too quickly to apply the hotfix, the next time you gain XP it is going to look at your current XP total and be confused by your current guardian rank.

It tried to dump 75 guardian ranks on me last night and I had to upload a backup to the cloud to get around it. I think it was because I loaded into the game the first time too quickly from first load without the hotfix applied.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just finished
Billy, The Anointed Goliath
and I think that's the hardest boss in the entire series so far.

The arena that the fight takes place in sure didn't help.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might have to do with the hotfix. It seems that the game tries to download and apply the hotfix only once you're at the main menu; so if they adjusted guardian XP totals needed for a level, and then on an existing character you load in somehow too quickly to apply the hotfix, the next time you gain XP it is going to look at your current XP total and be confused by your current guardian rank.

It tried to dump 75 guardian ranks on me last night and I had to upload a backup to the cloud to get around it. I think it was because I loaded into the game the first time too quickly from first load without the hotfix applied.

Oh, good point. Further proof that we desperately need the first official performance patch.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So apparently Amara's action skill variations DON'T trigger the "on phaseslam" etc. annointed buffs

You have to use the default versions of the skills.

Hopefully that gets fixed asap

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Anyone else on PS4 run into, what I assume, are these bugs?

1. When I use a Fast Travel system, when the map loads, if I hit any button or analog stick, the cursor erratically jumps to another Fast Travel point on the map.
2. When looking at maps or areas to travel to via Fast Travel, side mission icons appear on the map, even when there are no side missions found there.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Trying to do a side quest on mayhem 2. Witch's brew.

Might not be so bad but when you get into her area, you can't see at all because everyone has cryo explosion weapons so my screen is just white then I die :/ wtf

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Really weird how they add hotfixes, think a big part of this is because it isn't a server based always online game.

But then they should give us these hotfixes as simple patch. Small patches aren't rare in gaming, don't know why they aren't doing this.

Phoenics

Apr 23, 2019
United Kingdom, Horsham
really happy with how zane has been playing out in end game
been working on my class perks and build in general.
331bdc799b579544322030f49c6168a6.png

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

1. When I use a Fast Travel system, when the map loads, if I hit any button or analog stick, the cursor erratically jumps to another Fast Travel point on the map.
2. When looking at maps or areas to travel to via Fast Travel, side mission icons appear on the map, even when there are no side missions found there.
yes, also on the missions tab it'll randomly snap back to my selected mission when i'm trying to scroll through the other missions. lots of little annoying bugs with the menu

DoublePlusRad

Jan 29, 2018
Mayhem Mode. Just go anywhere and start shooting people. The extra experience is insane.

I haven't found this to be particularly true. Mayhem 1 is only a 10% XP bonus according to the tooltip at least on Xbox. I finished the game at 41 and went back and did about 10 side missions on Mayhem (including 3 trials) and I'm only level 45 now after a couple hours.

I was considering starting up TVHM to finish leveling from 45 to 50. The games says I'm at like 62/80 side missions on normal but I've done everything other than the Slaughters I've found along the main path, and I don't really want to go back and try to 100% every zone right now.

Is there anything good early game that I'll care about getting at level 45 instead of level 50?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So any idea where the cold warrior class mod for zane drops? The wiki doesn't say shit about the drop location. I got every other archetype two times by now, but I just don't get that one for some reason..

Last edited:

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
dunno about the xp you get in normal but in tvhm mayhem 3 its absolutely ridiculous

It's ridiculous mayhem mode on tvhm is broken on PS4. You literally have to beat the entire game a second time to unlock it. This should definitely be one of their priorities, but I don't think they've even addressed it yet.

Marven

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Illinois
I think it's comparing the amount of tokens spent versus the guardian level it believes you should be. I've been getting the negative number all weekend and the fix I tried only worked for a little bit since I'm now back at a negatives number. Good news is that it seems like it considers the tokens spent legit, so if you keep leveling and they (hopefully) fix it you'll just be able to spend all of the tokens you missed.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't found this to be particularly true. Mayhem 1 is only a 10% XP bonus according to the tooltip at least on Xbox. I finished the game at 41 and went back and did about 10 side missions on Mayhem (including 3 trials) and I'm only level 45 now after a couple hours.

I was considering starting up TVHM to finish leveling from 45 to 50. The games says I'm at like 62/80 side missions on normal but I've done everything other than the Slaughters I've found along the main path, and I don't really want to go back and try to 100% every zone right now.

Is there anything good early game that I'll care about getting at level 45 instead of level 50?

Mayhem 3 is still bugged if you choose it, logout. Then disconnect from the internet, the hotfix won't apply and you still get the 900% bonus exp on mayhem 3.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
That feel when I can't find a good Torgue shotty

Did like 30 different Earl runs but nothin'

I can't remember the name of it, but if you get the legendary shotgun with "Flak the world" in the red bonus text, use that. It is basically a shotgun with projectiles that splash damage in mid air. Ridiculously powered if you spec Moze for splash damage. I have a level 48 one that has carried me through LVL 50 TVHM MHM+3

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
What's this do? And does it work on PC?

Gearbox fixed the loot tink in Jacobs Estate and mayhem plus 3 server side. If you log in on your own computer offline, the variables for these are still the old ones, meaning you can basically loot and use MH3 with its original values before the fix. Just upload your save when you play online and it's as if nothing changed.

Edit - Yes it still works on PC.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.

Yep,especially the first one,it drives me nuts lol.

weremichael

Oct 27, 2017
Rocky Mountains
So I was teaching the impressionable youth today while some of you were engaged in:

"vault hunter lyyyyyffffeee."

Any precious loot fall for anyone?

I'll start us off with some loot that needs to be in production in real life

latest

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I hate hate hate annointed militants so much jesus christ

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So I was teaching the impressionable youth today while some of you were engaged in:

"vault hunter lyyyyyffffeee."

Any precious loot fall for anyone?

I'll start us off with some loot that needs to be in production in real life

latest

Give it a month or two - someone will have a 3d printable STL uploaded eventually