• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
How in the ever living fuck am I expected to dodge Troy's jump radial ball bullshit without grinding to out level him. He's 37 and I'm 36, not everything needs to be one shot bullshit.

I was at a high 9 with this game but now it's looking like a low 6. Especially after they quadruple down with the Chris Hardwick character.
Try to use a spec that has health regen or something. My phaseslam Amara just facetanked his projectiles when I couldn't dodge them.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Can say with complete confidence now that all the boss fights in this game are cheap vile crap.
I've liked them for the most part so far, haven't done killavolt yet though but I just finished the
rampager
and thought it was great.

It's no doom 2016 bosses, but far more what I prefer than most destiny bosses.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I've liked them for the most part so far, haven't done killavolt yet though but I just finished the
rampager
and thought it was great.

It's no doom 2016 bosses, but far more what I prefer than most destiny bosses.

How have you done that spoiler boss and not Killavolt? Killavolt is near the very beginning of the game.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've shot out the cameras on that quest both times I've done it out of spite because I can't stand that character and I refuse to give them the satisfaction!
I was going to shoot out the last camera, but my son weighed in and I went with his recommendation. No regrets... well OK it's foul-mouthed enough I had to kick my son out of the room once I got it. Win/lose I guess.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I have one legendary Maliwan corrosive SMG that is melting shit left and right, but otherwise yeah..

I don't get this "Jakobs only for Shotguns" thing though. Pistols, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Assault Rifles...If you get one with enough Damage+ and Crit Damage+ it doesn't really matter which weapon type it is, imo.

Jakob's are really slow to aim and fire with snipers. I think Dahl are the best for speed, accuracy and alt effects with snipers, but that's probably character dependant. Even with a Jakob's sniper, I could never one-shot enemies with Amara...unless they were many levels below me, but then why bother with a sniper when I could just dash punch explode them? With Jakob's shotguns though the story was different, but then I also gain bonuses for being closer.

Honestly I surprisingly love the COV pistols. I have an incendiary one with an +80% blade attachment that's about 100 less gear score than my 3 other guns but I'm still using it as Amara. Super easy to build up Rush stacks with and super easy to Blitz poor mobs with.

I haven't even found a COV gun worth shooting yet, but I did find a pistol a long time ago with 120% melee damage that I would switch to just to punch the shit out of things.

I ignore Tediore weapons like the plague. Hated it in BL2 and still hate it now. Any tediore weapon i come across gets sold on site.

Torgue shotguns that shoot pellets are downright broken in the best way possible. It's to the point that i don't even bother looking at shotguns from other manufacturers.

With Amara at least, some Tediore shotguns are great, because you are constantly running around firing up close and punching, and for the stragglers just out of range, you can reload and the gun tracks and explodes on them. Torgue are consistently good though with shotguns and rocket launchers (and some elemental based pistols). I wasn't really paying attention to how the stuck ammo multiplied damage per bullet before the explosion at first (so you could stack them until a reload), only that I was wrecking crap with my first one.

Last edited:

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I just experienced 2 rifts with 2 Fl4k and another Moze.
Holy damn that was a clusterf**k on screen. But it was fun.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I think they hotfixed the exp in mayhem 3:

cTbGdc6.png

Joined a group and I got the -31. Must've been a fix while I was playing which allowed me to continue with the increased exp. Ah well was fun while it lasted.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
It's like a ground level fireworks display when you have the right crew. It's such awesome fun.

The other Moze and me had a Flakker. Imagine. And I was spamming my shock grenades.
I don't know Fl4k abilities so I'm not sure what role they played in the chaos on screen but I'm sure they did their part too.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Like you fill room after room of under-leveled enemies but they hit you with this brick wall of a final boss exactly when you just wanted it to be over and done with. Like I was ready for this to be done and then now I have to grind to finish this game which is wearing thin on me already.

Why? I literally have no idea why this matters at all.

Because in all my experiences, Torgue is nothing butt trash.

Also, Zane's screams whenever he gets by ANYTHING is the most annoying thing in already annoying game.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
So, is the performance on the PS4 Pro really that bad? Thinking about getting it on the pro since i have some money laying around on my psn account.
Or should i better go with PC (GTX 1070)?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I cant believe you still have to manually pick up shield boosters. I HATE that shit.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
LOL, I found a pretty great Legendary SMG that I thought carried 10K+ rounds, until I realized that was just how much money I had and each bullet cost me one $.
It is powerful, and not a bad idea to use if I'm out of bullets and have cash, but it's not a great gun to use regularly.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
The legendary rates have actually been pretty good for me recently, I got a few weapons and a grenade mod to drop.

Yep, it's really disappointing they didn't change that.

I'm only level 24 and I'm currently running with all 4 slots as legendaries, about 40 red text guns in the vault and another 2 legendaries in my backpack. This game loves to give out guns.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
So, is the performance on the PS4 Pro really that bad? Thinking about getting it on the pro since i have some money laying around on my psn account.
It's not too bad. It's def playable. I bought it for my pro to play with friends who I still haven't played with yet and I have a 1070 like yourself so I know that's bugging you that you could be playing at 60fps all the time. But if you have friends to play it with on PS4 and you have credit go for it.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019

Resolution mode ran pretty rough for me, but performance mode runs pretty smoothly. Hiccup here and there, but I'd say it runs leagues better than BL2 on PS3.

Online play for me has been good for the most part, with the most noticable lag when driving.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
im really surprised at the side quest spam in the last quarter of the game, i was actually disappointed there weren't many at the start and now... damn lol

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand the bitching about Killavolt and Katanaga ball, but Billy the Anointed was some bullshit. Had to kite him out of the room and cheese him.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really enjoying the story lol. It's not as good as Tales obviously, but I'd put it way above the other mainline games. Handsome Jack is easily the best antagonist though.

I wish more of the Tales characters were present :(

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Has anyone gotten the NOG Potion #9 item? I don't understand how it is useful. I don't even know what a NOG is in the game so is it worth using ??
Im having a blast today after speccing FL4K into Hunter. Much more fun that my previous builds just beat 2nd planet and overall had a great time on it.

the music in this game on a whole is astounding. I adore the chill techno whatever this is lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone gotten the NOG Potion #9 item? I don't understand how it is useful. I don't even know what a NOG is in the game so is it worth using ??
Im having a blast today after speccing FL4K into Hunter. Much more fun that my previous builds just beat 2nd planet and overall had a great time on it.

the music in this game on a whole is astounding. I adore the chill techno whatever this is lol

NOGs are the little Maliwan guys that do all of the telekinesis shit. Wear a weird dome for a helmet.

The grenade is useless.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
How badly does BL3 spoil the story of TFTB? I'm craving a looter shooter that I can jump into and play in short bursts when I get time. Not really in the mood for a narrative adventure game at the moment, nor the time, but am really interested in TFTB as I know it's one of Telltales best work.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo.... is the game good? Better than borderlands 2?
Borderlands 2 had a better story, but Borderlands 3 has better gameplay, which matters more to me in a looter shooter.

Handsome Jack was a significantly better antagonist, and every aspect of telling the story was a lot better. Pretty much every cutscene in Borderlands 3 is garbage.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How badly does BL3 spoil the story of TFTB? I'm craving a looter shooter that I can jump into and play in short bursts when I get time. Not really in the mood for a narrative adventure game at the moment, nor the time, but am really interested in TFTB as I know it's one of Telltales best work.

You will find out how two main characters from TFTB end up a few years later, but I wouldn't say it spoils anything major about the story of TFTB. There is little to no real reference to TFTB, to be honest.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on PS4 Pro in performance mode and things have been really smooth, tried playing on launch PS4 and i noped out of it pretty quick

As for the boss discussion, the bosses in this game are some of the best FPS boss fights i've ever played. DOOM 2016 only had 1 great boss fight, this has had a few imo. there have been a couple fights I have not liked though and those were
Katagawa with his teleporting and clones, and the big purple pain in my ass annointed dude in the theatre.
havent been killed by a boss yet either. thought Killavolt was a good challenge but i still beat him first try.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It's pretty bad. I went with the option to optimize performance and it still slowsdown quite regularly. The graphics are relatively uninspired as well even with HDR on. I would probably get it on PC if that is an especially good machine (don't really know what card is the most up to date) unless you have a core group of people you want to play with on PS4.