• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Why is the red chest so incredibly low res on Xbox One X?

The textures on console really are hit & miss, with 1/3 of them looking really good and almost 2/3 of them looking low res as fuck and sometimes even like a badly compressed jpeg.

wOhchSP.png

9LzUWSg.png

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I have fun with the green tree. Especially with the ability of shooting while sprinting, action non stop. Really fun with a rocket launcher or a shotgun. Reminds me of my main in TF2, the scout how action packed it is.
And i've got a ridiculous Vladof assault rifle for the infinite ammo part

But i will try the blue tree at some point

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I have fun with the green tree. Especially with the ability of shooting while sprinting, action non stop. Really fun with a rocket launcher or a shotgun. Reminds me of my main in TF2, the scout how action packed it is.
And i've got a ridiculous Vladof assault rifle for the infinite ammo part

But i will try the blue tree at some point
With Amara you dont even need to be able to sprint while you shoot to get rediculous movement speed so I like her for that.

Also for people who have reached the endgame i.e. tvhm mayhem 1-3

Is there an actual good progression to it? Or do you just get stupid OP gear super quickly and then you're done.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I can't emphasize it enough but the main story is told in such a dogshit way. What were they thinking?

While the Maliwan digression is decent because you're actually involved in the story and interacting with the characters, everything related to the Calypso plot is awful. Good thing the gameplay is top tier.

If there's one thing I'd want them to add in Borderlands 4 it'd be the ability to sidestep/dodge. Mooks have it, so why can't we?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
If there's one thing I'd want them to add in Borderlands 4 it'd be the ability to sidestep/dodge. Mooks have it, so why can't we?

Yeah, I'd second this for sure. Maybe I'd just been playing too much Remnant/Control/Greedfall previously, but I found myself constantly trying to press Circle to avoid boss attacks in BL3.

I commend BL3 for opening up the mobility and including sliding/mantling. Now go full-force with BL4 and include dodging/grappling hooks/jetpacks or whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Do you all prefer the default of rotating the mini map or do you like rotate player instead? I used to only ever rotate mini map but it seems less games have been offering it and now I'm not sure which is better. I like being able to quickly glance and know where north is but it's less work having the mini map rotate to the direction I need to go. Decisions...
I've changed it so my character rotates. The map menu itself orients to your facing when it opens, though, which I don't like. Alas.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It blows my mind that there is only 1 vending machine at the beginning of skywell... like what the hell thats a big area. This game has a huge problem with vending machines, it's like gearbox decided they hated them or something

I mean you just hop out of your vehicle, fast travel to the vending machine, then fast travel back to your vehicle. They don't really need to be in multiple places.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean you just hop out of your vehicle, fast travel to the vending machine, then fast travel back to your vehicle. They don't really need to be in multiple places.

For the long linear levels, that's not an option. Skywell is one such level, and there are plenty of more levels like it. It personally doesn't bother me too much since I only ever need them to sell loot for money, but I can understand the issue with it.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but it might take a little longer, especially if you are on the consoles. But since the golden key chests have a much higher chance for better loot, YMMV. You have to spend all of the keys you have, but then when you restore your backup save (it saves your profile, not your character/item saves) you get all of the keys back, yet keep the items you looted or sold from them.

I just hit 28 and am near the end of Eden-6, and I've been doing the majority of side quests along the way. Just not all of the map challenges. I would assume level 30 - 32 is about what most would hit through their first run.

There's no way, without liberal grinding to hit the cap on a first run, unless there's a huge XP bonus for multiplayer. The map challenges give a decent amount of XP, but it might be faster just to finish the game and move on to hit 50. On top of that, I've consistently been within a level or two (plus or minus) of the enemies for any new given area I've gone to, and when you exceed one level above them, the XP they give diminishes quickly.

edit: Don't know if enemies happen to scale with your level the first time you enter an area, but that wouldn't really change much. They definitely do not scale once you return to the same areas later, and the loot seems to remain a static level as well, regardless of your own.

I haven't finished the main storyline nor did all the side quest and I'm already level 40

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Seems like they did a server side patch today and that's why some people got an update message in the game.
It seems they nerved the guaranted loot tink farm on eden 6 and they've also substantially reduced xp gain from mayhem 3. Before it was 900% now it's only 50%.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
There's like 4 levels in a row that are super long, linear only on-foot levels that only have 1 fast travel point and one set of vending machines and it is abysmal. I don't even know what happenened because the Eden 6 levels are usually pretty good with this and have either circular designs, more vending machines, more fast travel points etc.

Seems like they did a server side patch today and that's why some people got an update message in the game.
It seems they nerved the guaranted loot tink farm on eden 6 and they've also substantially reduced xp gain from mayhem 3. Before it was 900% now it's only 50%.
Who is coming up with those numbers lol, 900% jesus christ.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
There's like 4 levels in a row that are super long, linear only on-foot levels that only have 1 fast travel point and one set of vending machines and it is abysmal. I don't even know what happenened because the Eden 6 levels are usually pretty good with this and have either circular designs, more vending machines, more fast travel points etc.

Who is coming up with those numbers lol, 900% jesus christ.

OOF. I hadn't gotten that far yet...that seems...really inconvenient.

I would like to recall my statement, hahaha.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
OOF. I hadn't gotten that far yet...that seems...really inconvenient.

I would like to recall my statement, hahaha.
Yeah it's so odd because Pandora doesn't have that issue, the first two levels of Promethea don't have that issue, and then there's just a long stretch of pretty great levels mired by that shit, and then it goes back to how it was before. So weird.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The real baffling part is there are literal places they could slap vending machines that make perfect sense. Theres a spot right before eye boss thats perfect for it

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The real baffling part is there are literal places they could slap vending machines that make perfect sense. Theres a spot right before eye bot thats perfect for it
Yep. And like for Athenas they could have stuff in the bar or right before the big bridge. Electra City they could have stuff before Killavolt. Etc.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I've changed it so my character rotates. The map menu itself orients to your facing when it opens, though, which I don't like. Alas.
Maybe this was the part that was throwing me off. I thought it was static when I changed it one way but after double checking it isn't. Yeah they need to add that option, luckily I haven't had to use the map too much so far just for the early stuff.

Also not a fan of how dragging the map moves your cursor in a weird way, on PC at least.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Wow. So splitscreen is just broken, huh? Like, straight up an actual disaster. I wish I'd waited, this is terrible.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Unlocked all of the Circles of Slaughter and Proving Grounds locations. Now the grind begins...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Unlocked all of the Circles of Slaughter and Proving Grounds locations. Now the grind begins...
Hopefully the grind isn't an hour long like most people say lol. I'm already annoyed that I completed some challenges in PT1. I was hoping they would have more than 5 ranks this time, alas.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So I killed an enemy called One Punch something [some obvious OPM reference] and he dropped an amazing legendary called One Pump Chump and... it's just the best thing ever.

A shotgun with accuracy better than some sniper rifles and a chance of not consuming a bullet in the magazine, allowing for more shots if you're lucky.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I killed an enemy called One Punch something [some obvious OPM reference] and he dropped an amazing legendary called One Pump Chump and... it's just the best thing ever.

A shotgun with accuracy better than some sniper rifles and a chance of not consuming a bullet in the magazine, allowing for more shots if you're lucky.

Salvador Inconceivable vibes

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so jealous

What character pairs best with the hellwalker you think? Running around with Zane super fast after kills seems like it would be pretty doom-y
I'm playing Amara, but my buddy was really liking it on Flak. I also got a Relic that increases my slide speed and shotgun damage by a lot and also shoots out a big snowball that freezes people, so I just fly around punching and blasting people into mush, it's great fun.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to climb and sabatoge the radio in
the anvil
os so frustrating. I've been at it for at least 30 minutes now

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth farming a One Pump Chump at level 23? How man levels will carry me? I usually don't farm until max level.

Also how are some of you hitting max level so fast. I've played like 20 hours and only level 23 and I do everything I come across. You can't really beeline the main story missions because you get red skull bosses that one-shot you.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

TBF, I was doing this with a blue jakobs sniper. i feel like the stats on one pump chump are broken, it says +1000% damage but it's not reflected in the damage numbers.
Is it worth farming a One Pump Chump at level 23? How man levels will carry me? I usually don't farm until max level.

Also how are some of you hitting max level so fast. I've played like 20 hours and only level 23 and I do everything I come across. You can't really beeline the main story missions because you get red skull bosses that one-shot you.
i'd wait to farm stuff till post game/lvl 50.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
That Katagawa Jr. boss fight is pure trash, he glitched out for me and now I gotta restart
He is sadly one of the easiest, outside the fourth planets boss fight the rest are mechanically broken as hell and not made with just a single player in mind.

Amara with the perk that boost your dmg the closest to your target
I love that skill, it's super broken with boosts to it and the right equipment.

Amara is legit crazy sauce, even after leveling Moze I'm still on the Amara train.

This game is great in the fact it kinda threw balance out the window and said: "just have fun".