• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Athenas is fucking beautiful. Easily my favorite planet aesthetically. It reminds me of a Spyro level. They definitely need to add a fast travel point and a shop right before the bridge though. It would be dead center on the map and it would make everything a lot more convenient.

Also, I feel like they should add a weapon wheel to the game. I love the ability to ping so I won't be switching back to classic controls but I think we should be able to hold the weapon swap button down to bring up a weapon wheel for quick swapping.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wow, Athenas is fucking beautiful. Easily my favorite planet aesthetically. It reminds me of a Spyro level. They definitely need to add a fast travel point and a shop right before the bridge though. It would be dead center on the map and it would make everything a lot more convenient.

Also, I feel like they should add a weapon wheel to the game. I love the ability to ping so I won't be switching back to classic controls but I think we should be able to hold the weapon swap button down to bring up a weapon wheel for quick swapping.
Yes I thought the exact same thing lol about it being a spyro level. Agreed with the weapon wheel too.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
For $700:
g4RrICQ.jpg

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
being able to replenish all ammo with the press of a single button is a game changer

god bless

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man farming is way too easy in this game. You get like way too many legendaries - in particular in mayhem mode. Kinda sucks the fun out of it tbh.

Also, Flakker is fucking broken.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Ok I'm still not loving FL4K after respeccing from Stalker to Master tree. Level 14 and either I suck, have the wrong skills, am not getting good loot or I just don't like him.
Bummer because pet classes are my jam. I think I'll look the other 3 up and see who else is great for soling and try them out...

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Ok I'm still not loving FL4K after respeccing from Stalker to Master tree. Level 14 and either I suck, have the wrong skills, am not getting good loot or I just don't like him.
Bummer because pet classes are my jam. I think I'll look the other 3 up and see who else is great for soling and try them out...
That's because hunter is where it's at. Fl4k is by far the strongest character in the game probably. Fade Away + Leave no Trace is the most broken thing.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That's because hunter is where it's at. Fl4k is by far the strongest character in the game probably. Fade Away + Leave no Trace is the most broken thing.
This is the exact build I'm running, LOL. It's so fucking good, especially when you combine it with Torgue shotguns and sticky mode.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Anyone else feel like they're running out of ammo (even after upping ammo carry limits) way more quickly/often in this game than in previous Borderlands. There aren't nearly as many ammo drops it seems, and what little you do pick up is a pittance. I've had to buy so much ammo already, where I almost never did that in previous games. What gives?
After being humiliated by Killavolt on numerous attempts I finally went back and straight nuked the living hell out of that #@*& at Level 32.

Just sat in my Iron Bear mech right in his front of his fat face and melted him.

Damn it feels good being a gangster....

Man some of y'all are really struggling. Ammo is fucking EVERYWHERE, are you like, opening the million boxes that they put every ten feet? I'm always topped off. Killavolt? Yeah I think I was level 15 when I did that as Moze? Just, keep moving and jumping around? Yikes.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Lol!! I've never used Fade Away. The 2 guides/builds I have tried use the other 2 action skills. So If I use Fade Away , do you have tips on which pet and generally which skills/trees to focus on.
I don't WANT to start all over tbh so if I can find a setup I like it would be great

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't get the ammo complaints. Ammo is everywhere. Loot the crates. Stop using shitty weapons that drain ammo. Aim better. That sort of thing.

I've hardly invested into SDUs and hardly have anmo issues.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Yeah, I don't get the ammo complaints. Ammo is everywhere. Loot the crates. Stop using shitty weapons that drain ammo. Aim better. That sort of thing.

I've hardly invested into SDUs and hardly have anmo issues.

And absolutely common-sense practice is to have a different weapon type in each slot so you are spreading your ammo usage among different types.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I've just had my first Bloodshot Ramparts moment in Borderlands 3. :)

I've just done the Eden-6 mission in The Anvil. Epic music, great level design, great art style and a fun boss at the end. Add to that the returning characters you meet as well and the awesome side mission there. Playing as Zane I'm level 25 so have a good build and am comfortable with it and have flow in the way I'm playing and definitely have that badass feeling. I also found 4, yes 4 legendaries in that area alone in just over an hour.

I've had one of those amazing moments where everything Borderlands is about comes together to gaming perfection. Utterly fantastic. :)

Last edited:

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Man some of y'all are really struggling. Ammo is fucking EVERYWHERE, are you like, opening the million boxes that they put every ten feet? I'm always topped off. Killavolt? Yeah I think I was level 15 when I did that as Moze? Just, keep moving and jumping around? Yikes.

Ammo was never a problem. All in all its a cheap fight mechanically. And yes I know about always being agile and strafing. It just wasn't enough for me and clearly many others feel the same way as I've noticed in this thread. I think those of you that completed the fight at the appropriate level just got lucky or just have immaculate twitchy fingers. Madly frustrating and I had to exact my sweet revenge.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
And absolutely common-sense practice is to have a different weapon type in each slot so you are spreading your ammo usage among different types.
And if you're Moze and spec into various skills that replenish your ammo, you can fit assault rifles and sub machine guns into all your weapon slots and never go below 500 SMG ammo.

Apr 8, 2018
Man, Eden-6 is really overstaying its welcome for me. Really not a fan of the swampland setting and color palette.
At least Ice-T is pretty great.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So...is there a quicker way to beat
The Warden?
I beat him on my first try, but with Amara it was basically Benny Hill for over ten minutes.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
The Warden?
I beat him on my first try, but with Amara it was basically Benny Hill for over ten minutes.

You can actually kill him before he heals but I had the same experience with Amara, never in danger of dying but it took forever. I posted a quick video yesterday of me fighting him as Moze where I had gotten lucky earlier with a really good grenade and I killed him after he healed once (first one he's immune to damage before it happens). I don't know if there's actually anything you can do to speed it up aside from doing absurd damage.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Warden?

I thought that one was pretty easy. Just kite him and stay running around. There's enough cover that you can dip in and out to take shots at him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Did they really do a "Haha Billie Eilish Sucks!" Joke? Jesus christ some of this shit is bad

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017

I think as the game stands, the most powerful thing discovered so far is probably grenade synergies, so I'd guess Moze probably has the highest potential until item changes start coming in with DLC. FL4K seems up there still and will likely be more resistant to item rebalancing impacting his output.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that one was pretty easy. Just kite him and stay running around. There's enough cover that you can dip in and out to take shots at him.

I didn't say he was hard, and I even said I beat him on my first try. Thing is, trying to duck behind walls for cover didn't really lead to much with all of
his super jumps and those eyes he sends out. All I did was blast him with my huge aoe fire damage grenades to hit him and groups, used up all of my corrosion rockets then just proceeded to hit him with sticky corrosion pistol shots to the head until my corrosion "trail" ability would let me drop a carpet behind me that enemies would walk through and have damage over time procs until they died.
It's just that I had to go through four or five full health bars...

I think as the game stands, the most powerful thing discovered so far is probably grenade synergies, so I'd guess Moze probably has the highest potential until item changes start coming in with DLC. FL4K seems up there still and will likely be more resistant to item rebalancing impacting his output.

A lot of people seem to be blowing through the game easily with Moze, and she has a "god mode" ability. FL4K end game seems super strong as well, but despite him being labled as a "pet" class, the pet is mainly there to buff him and not much else.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Killavolt was a pain with Zane at around equal level - the electric floor instantly destroys your deployable shield, and his electric shield is resistant to electricity (at least my weaps)... sigh.
It was easier once you realize his main spark weapon can't hurt you directly, just electrifies the floor.

The radiation lobber you get from the porta potty side quest was a savior for me in that fight.

I enjoyed figuring out the fight mechanics and phases, but that 2 second window to interrupt the all floor ae attack can piss right off. That was the only part that felt unfair.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Killavolt was a pain with Zane at around equal level - the electric floor instantly destroys your deployable shield, and his electric shield is resistant to electricity (at least my weaps)... sigh.
It was easier once you realize his main spark weapon can't hurt you directly, just electrifies the floor.

The radiation lobber you get from the porta potty side quest was a savior for me in that fight.

I enjoyed figuring out the fight mechanics and phases, but that 2 second window to interrupt the all floor ae attack can piss right off. That was the only part that felt unfair.

And then when you find that sweet
Transformer shield that makes you immune to electricity
and you fight him again later. That item BTW shows up as a quest reward later on in the game (on top of being a world drop), so it would be useful for the next playthrough, or other character.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This finally arrived today and I got to play it with my co-op buddy. I love Amara's Phasegrasp ability and her turning damage into affinity elemental damage. It's so good and right up my Borderlands playstyle. My co-op partner is playing as FL4K and we can do some devastating combos between the two of us already and we're only level 7.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Zane is fucking INSANE. His builds are going to be crazy. I love blasting someone with a shotgun, sliding, melee'ing and then shotgun blasting again. This game is fun to play...wonder how it's going to stack up to Doom Eternal in the gunplay.

I'm also of the camp in which I seem to be running out of ammo quite quickly. I have different weapon types in each slot too. Idk. I have noticed that there are a bunch more boxes with ammo now though so that's nice.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people seem to be blowing through the game easily with Moze, and she has a "god mode" ability. FL4K end game seems super strong as well, but despite him being labled as a "pet" class, the pet is mainly there to buff him and not much else.

Heh, I can sit back and watch my skag kill everyone. He's practically immortal and can 1-shot most enemies. He can be pretty useless in some boss fights though.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
RNG Geezus blessed me heavily, in the last 2 hours I dropped 5 legendary items, a skin, revolver, SMG, shotgun and an amazing shield. All on my current level and vastly superior to anything I had. Great feeling after not getting even 1 legendary since the beginning of the game.

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
So it seems like with the right set up Amara can become pretty much completely immune to gun damage as long as you keep spamming your action. Like I get she's supposed to be the kinda slow burn tanky character but that seems a bit off right?

Also lining up a bunch of enemies and tossing the second astral project is a good feeling, watching that number boost and boost as it tears through them.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Do we really need to spoiler tag boss discussion?
The Graveward boss is broken as Moze because when it tips the platform you get kicked out of Iron Bear but it's cooldown because nearly instant. I basically fought it with infinite Iron Bear.

Also while I've oniy fought Agonizer 9000 once on normal, I was really impressed by the encounter design. The mechanics (especially the rotating chainsaw and saw blades) are punishing if you fuck up but easily avoidable if you're paying attention. Beating him isn't luck based and you can keep your distance while still needing to remain mobile. I think it's one of the top bosses I've seen so far.

My lvl 13 legendary Torgue laser AR is still holding up 20 levels later.

Oct 27, 2017
Zane is fucking INSANE. His builds are going to be crazy. I love blasting someone with a shotgun, sliding, melee'ing and then shotgun blasting again. This game is fun to play...wonder how it's going to stack up to Doom Eternal in the gunplay.

I'm also of the camp in which I seem to be running out of ammo quite quickly. I have different weapon types in each slot too. Idk. I have noticed that there are a bunch more boxes with ammo now though so that's nice.

Shield build with all Kill Skills from SNTL, equipped with a Torgue Shotgun with Sticky alt-fire... so good. Pick up the shield, run and gun and never die.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

You dont need to.

Wait till he does the charge slam attack, dodge to the side and load corrosive/burning weapons to his back, rinse and repeat.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Athenas needs more vending machines

I have to run all the way back to the start just to sell the junk that's clogging up my inventory

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got an extra yok4i head for fl4k? I've been hitting these slot machines for literal hours. Hours. I'm going mad.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first legendary! And it's a terrible shield that's worse that what I have on!

Last edited: