• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This would be my biggest peeve on the maps - just not enough vending machines to sell at. I think they thought you'd want to fast-travel back to sanctuary more often?

I'd get that if there was some way of coming back to where you left off, but from what I can tell, once you teleport away from where you were, if you re-enter the level you need to fight all the way back again.

With the more open levels with vehicles you can approximate this by leaving your vehicle where you want to come back to, but this isn't possible in the more linear levels.

Give us a Town Portal or sprinkle some more vendors/transports around, Gearbox!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I beat him first try with FL4K. Just grab that skill that lets your pet revive you.

Ok I will have to respec to get that for sure. I may try him o
I hate that this wasn't included in the parts system honestly.

Googling them I have found maybe 2 online and nothing for the rest. And the ones I did find were articles telling what their favorite guns in the game were, so there isn't a central place right now that I can find where these are located.
They REALLY should have descriptions on these effect right there in the gun description. When I literally have no idea what it does why would I use it? Lol

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we'll get crossplay later. I want to play with my PC friends :(
It's on the way. It's looking pretty good for full crossplay considering all the ps4 titles that have been getting it lately
I'd get that if there was some way of coming back to where you left off, but from what I can tell, once you teleport away from where you were, if you re-enter the level you need to fight all the way back again.

With the more open levels with vehicles you can approximate this by leaving your vehicle where you want to come back to, but this isn't possible in the more linear levels.

I'd love a fast travel beacon where you could drop it, and then your friends could tp to or you use to go to a vendor and then come back.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
A few things that bothered me so far are the same as situation with having too much loot in certain areas and nowhere to sell it, I'm running out of ammo so quickly, and the game seems to know how much I hate shotguns so it's giving me 80% of loot as shotguns, lol.

Feels great to be playing a new Borderlands game though:)

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Can you also find golden keys or is it pre-order and code stuff only? I just want to play the game....

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

I agree so much with this!
What I am doing to help the situation a little bit is getting a car, driving it to some good spot in a zone and leaving it there. I then port to the vending to sell then port to my car which saves some time. Having a mo Ike teleport does alleviate some of the running back and forth and I don't like driving so i always walk to explore, and leaving the car sitting to help me later is great !

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Question about a missing location. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone know of any sneaky locations in Devils Razor? I have 12/13 and I swear I've been everywhere on the map. I did notice there is a little elbow looking area near the Hammerlock challenge, but I couldn't find a way to open the door.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Pfew...I was quite worried. My game glitched.

Spoilers endgame, be careful:
After defeating Troy, and after the cutscene my character glitched under the map. I had a free fall for like...30 seconds. Did not want to restart because Troy dropped a legendary. Interesting fight but...he dealt like no damage, that was weird.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I have Amara with 4 points in Mindfulness due to a class mod and with 25 stacks I can hit well over double speed pretty easily along with insane shield recharge rates (combined with a hyperion shield I'm basically unkillable). It's hilarious.
It's pretty insane and hilarious if you combine with a shield with high recharge amount

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Just got to Promethia, level 11, and tooling around on that planet looking for side missions.

Trying to take my time with the game and just search every nook and cranny - I wanna make it last, dragging it out and not finishing the main game until the DLC drops. Yeah, 11 levels in one weekend isn't exactly dragging things out, but I'm gonna get really busy with other shit these next two months!

suga41

Jan 10, 2018
Pfew...I was quite worried. My game glitched.

Spoilers endgame, be careful:
After defeating Troy, and after the cutscene my character glitched under the map. I had a free fall for like...30 seconds. Did not want to restart because Troy dropped a legendary. Interesting fight but...he dealt like no damage, that was weird.
Same exact thing happened to me. The free fall kept getting weirder and weirder. Like everything was zooming in. I had to crash, but luckily my legendary was picked up by the lost items machine.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Same exact thing happened to me. The free fall kept getting weirder and weirder. Like everything was zooming in. I had to crash, but luckily my legendary was picked up by the lost items machine.

I was lucky, my character died during me free fall. I lost 40k dollars in the process but eh, atleast it did not crash.

suga41

Jan 10, 2018
I was lucky, my character died during me free fall. I lost 40k dollars in the process but eh, atleast it did not crash.
It was actually one of three crashes I had in the last few hours of the game. As much as I'm loving the game it was definitely rushed out the door.

Speaking of issues: Does any one know how to display the number of grenades you have with Zane running two abilities? Maybe I'm just dumb and missing it, but it would be nice to know how many grenades I have before calling in my clone.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
So matchmaking is completely broken, huh?

Niiiiiiiiiiccce!

rlVcBSA

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Just got to Promethia, level 11, and tooling around on that planet looking for side missions.

Trying to take my time with the game and just search every nook and cranny - I wanna make it last, dragging it out and not finishing the main game until the DLC drops. Yeah, 11 levels in one weekend isn't exactly dragging things out, but I'm gonna get really busy with other shit these next two months!
I actually always enjoyed going slow in borderlands. I know lots of folks are into endgame and min/maxing builds, but I really enjoy the journeys the games take you through. And in this game I like finding Typhon's logs and the legendary hunts. I really appreciate the map auto-labeling them too when you get close enough in case you don't want to stop and take care of the collectables right away.

I'd say this is the most enjoyable solo-borderlands for me personally.

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, same. I've respec'd a couple times, but at level 15 i'm still not having much fun.

Least I'm not alone...I'm tempted to restart but ugh I dunno.

Sidenote the golden keys/preorder bonus weapons what happens to those if I restart? They're still in my mailbox unredeemed but I take it they're a one use thing and that's it?

Jan 10, 2018
Anyone wanna tell me how far I got till the end?

I just got the fragment from Athenas and made it back to Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane how loud the characters scream when they take elemental damage. It's twice as loud as anything else. Really annoying.

I actually re-rolled from Zane to FL4K thinking that it was just his character, but they all do it.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Am I a bad player, or does Zane just really suck compared to every other hunter?

I'm going down the Clone tree and it doesnt seem to even hold a candle against the other classes. FL4K with their pet, and Moze with Bear just dominate. I havent played with the Siren yet but I've read her skills are very powerful too.

I feel like the only thing saving me is the fact that this feels a lot closer to destiny now so my gunplay skills have transferred over well.
You're supposed to make an hybrid with Zane. So choose two between the three.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm running clone and drone. Most of my points are in clone though as it seems synergy with drone doesnt happen until much deeper into the tree.
Oh well I did the same except I'm mostly drone. What level are you ?
But before lvl 30 I was equally investing in both. The goal is to enter an arena, launch your two skills, teleport non-stop to start a nova or a grenade, your drone to restore your shield and weakens enemy.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I actually always enjoyed going slow in borderlands. I know lots of folks are into endgame and min/maxing builds, but I really enjoy the journeys the games take you through. And in this game I like finding Typhon's logs and the legendary hunts. I really appreciate the map auto-labeling them too when you get close enough in case you don't want to stop and take care of the collectables right away.

I'd say this is the most enjoyable solo-borderlands for me personally.
Yeah, I actually think I rushed through Pandora too much (there's still some greyed out areas in the maps, on the edges), and I need to go back and thoroughly explore it again. I was just in a hurry to get to another planet, but mostly to increase my backpack size and # of rounds I could carry. Now that I have enough slots and bullets, I can go back and take it even slower.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Can you post your Zane skill tree? I'm trying to salvage my character lol. I'm lvl 21 at the moment but would love to not start over.
[/QUOTE]

Pro tip: respec costs are a fraction of your current money. So if you're considering a respec, just buy whatever you need, or might need soon, first then respec for free.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I think the campaign pacing is a bit screwy because while the zone design is so so so much better than past games (except for the lack of vending machines/fast travel points in the linear ones (it means you'll spend like 2 and a half hours straight of fighting 90% maliwan troops followed by 3 hours of shooting like 80% fanatics. Hopefully the proving grounds fix this but I havent gotten to them yet. Give me all enemy types at once cowards.

Well it just means they could have done something different with the story

like for example
I don't get why the calypsos wouldn't take Malliwan's CEO position and start handing pyschos their battle gear

But on the opposite side of this argument, you definitely get new enemies in every planet which is by far the thing I love the most about this game. Say if you look at the Division its the same archetypes throughout different factions save for the cleaners

Here they're all completely different, and if two look alike they dont behave the same way at all (enforcer vs mauler for example). + the anointed in NG+, I can't wait

Just shocked overall at how freaking hard they nailed everything lol, it also seems that judging from a few streams, pets and whatnot are very viable in endgame and scale depending of your gear. Gearbox might be divisive when it comes down to the writing but are they smart on all the other ends

Like even fucking Division NEVER had the balance between powers and higher tier difficulties right. Never. Bungie straight up doesn't do that so its whatever in terms of balance, its more about the gun properties themselves but yeah I mean its honestly one of the best ARPGS I've ever played straight at release. Devs take notes, that's how you do a rpg right.

The last time I was that impressed with overall balance was with Torchlight 2

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Just took down Captain Traunt and still have not had a single Legendary weapon drop--is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i know it's only been a few days but has anyone discovered any cool weapon synergies that "break" the game?

stuff like ahab pimpernel or grog/DPUH, things like that that make the game ezmode

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
The absolutely horrible writing/story makes it feel like I'm halfway through the game. Am I? Spoiler below.

Twins show up at the perfect time Everytime, do something bad and just dip without ANYONE doing anything. Like Maya basically chose to die instead of warping away...

Also this whole planet traveling is weird when there's 2-3 areas per planet so far I feel like there's way less locations compared to 2. Same with side missions, like they put those couple collectibles throughout the map to fill the void.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they're going to do that Diablo 3 thing where they raise the drop rate of legendarys post-launch.

droprates are fine in mayhem, there is plenty of footage of loot tinks droping multliple legendaries in mayhem 3, to the point where people farm them and let their lost loot fill up with legendaries

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can you post your Zane skill tree? I'm trying to salvage my character lol. I'm lvl 21 at the moment, and would rather fix it than start up a different hunter from the beginning.
This build is in no way optimal, but it works well for my playstyle and my skill booster. There's a few wasted points but I've not gone back yet - going to do that once I'm done with the campaign.

Generally, you have to be moving when shooting, but when you have drone + shield and you're using a multi-projectile gun or fast firing one and can land headshots through the shield, everything is frozen or dead... or both frozen and dead. =)