• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Honestly wasn't expecting to pick this up despite loving the previous games. Gave in to the hype this morning, though, and I'm really enjoying it on PC so far. All of the comments about improved gunplay are spot on.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Drop a pink cube in the first hour. Said something about weapon able in the inventory ? Didn't understand what it was or what it done once I used it ... ?

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I just got my crazy Diamond Loot Chest Edition and there are NO codes in it for the extra content. Nowhere at all. There is an empty game box but that's it.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a moron

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I logged out of YouTube. It 's the only to guarantee you won't get recommended spoilers based on stuff you have watched already. On PC you can use a word filter instead. Or clearing your history which I don't want to do.

That's very smart. I'm going to have to start doing that when looking up games, especially reaction videos.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Omfg. The fastblast shotgun from the VIP program gets legs when you throw it away to reload. And than it walks around and shoots stuff. It looks fucked up and hilarious at the same time haha

I have one that homes in and explodes. I can't stop laughing everytime it runs across the room and flings itself at an enemy's face and blows up. I love it so much.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So many people salty over the juvenile humor. I'll ignore it when it's super dumb, chuckle when it's ok and laugh when it's good (although good is rare). Honestly the best dialogue for me is usually from the baddies. It never got old popping heads off of behemoths just to hear their dialogue in BL2. I still hear "give me all your damn loot" playing BL3. This isn't highbrow gaming folks. Ya'll need to relax. If you didn't hate the humor from the previous 3, then you'll be fine here.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Well, I've played a lot today. I'm level 18 and I'm loving it so far. The gunplay is excellent, the weapon variety is insane, the main and secondary quests are great and I feel like I still have a lot of weird stuff to see. Great game!

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I have been playing Borderlands 2 prior to starting Borderlands 3. Been getting that feel of the Pandora world with a few friends the last couple of days before jumping into the new phase.

The one thing that stood out for me is the frame rate. Going from 60fps to 30fps really took me about an hour to get used too.

But boy.. This game does everything else so much better than its predecessor, and it is not even the QoL improvements that does it. The biggest thing is simply put the gunplay. There is this certain weight to the movement and shooting that just makes it feel so goddamn gratifying. Even the simple slide and being able to grapple ledges is so positive for the overall feel.

But then there are these other things;

- Auto pick up of ammo. Finally.
- Sorting quests by using the D-Pad.
- Much more variety in the guns.
- Alternate firing modes. I can shoot fucking rockets out of my pistol!
- Enemies reacting to my hits. Blasting enemies from ledges with a shotgun never gets old.
- More variety in the skill trees. Having more skill slots creates much more engaging combat encounters.

I can go on and on but this is basically what I have been waiting for.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been slowly playing with the video options until the stuttering stop in combat(especially while zooming with sights), and it seems lowering texture streaming actually help?
Might be just me, but it does seem more stable. Until they fix that, it's at least more playable.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Make sure to hide the ui in photomode before you hit the take photo button. I now have beautiful screenshots with the photo editor in them.

Oct 29, 2017
It is really fucking awful. Some of the most mouth-breathing lowest common denominator "humor" in the industry.

I'm pretty sure the writing is done by someone higher up in the company, as I can't imagine how this level of shit writing would be allowed other than having no other choice because it is the boss.

I really wish they employed the writers from Tales from the Borderlands, as that game shows how fantastic this world could be when matched with decent writing and humor.

Thanks, passing until it's $20 so I can play it on mute while listening to podcasts.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
photo00003qpjkn.png

photo00004ipkks.png

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I've been slowly playing with the video options until the stuttering stop in combat(especially while zooming with sights), and it seems lowering texture streaming actually help?
Might be just me, but it does seem more stable. Until they fix that, it's at least more playable.
Have you tried closing the egs launcher?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If you dislike the humor, you're really going to hate the:

Who wants to bang a bazillionaire? The quest is just a ton of awful sex jokes. lol

The boss was actually a bit challenging though.

shermas

Oct 25, 2017
When can you upgrade your backpack to carry more stuff... I'm constantly full, then I have to fast travel to sell, then go back to whatever I was doing.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, I knew what I was getting into.

I love the gameplay in the series, but always give up about halfway through because I just can't deal with the writing and the VO screaming it at me.

If this series had good writing it would be one of my favorite franchises.

I had hopes after Tales from the Borderlands that the writing could be pulled off in this one but man I just don't understand who they are targeting with the humor.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many people salty over the juvenile humor. I'll ignore it when it's super dumb, chuckle when it's ok and laugh when it's good (although good is rare). Honestly the best dialogue for me is usually from the baddies. It never got old popping heads off of behemoths just to hear their dialogue in BL2. I still hear "give me all your damn loot" playing BL3. This isn't highbrow gaming folks. Ya'll need to relax. If you didn't hate the humor from the previous 3, then you'll be fine here.
It doesn't mean the humor is good or shouldn't be better. It absolutely should be called out if it's bad.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
It is really fucking awful. Some of the most mouth-breathing lowest common denominator "humor" in the industry.

I'm pretty sure the writing is done by someone higher up in the company, as I can't imagine how this level of shit writing would be allowed other than having no other choice because it is the boss.

I really wish they employed the writers from Tales from the Borderlands, as that game shows how fantastic this world could be when matched with decent writing and humor.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was Randy Pitchford mandating the shitty humor instead of hiring the writers of Tales from the Borderlands...

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on first fifteen levels, playing Amara. It's good. The variety of environments and enemy types are a welcome change of pace. Leaving Pandora will probably be the best choice made. It's still there, and there's still plenty to do, and the psychos have guns and will travel off-world. But the new worlds give it more flavor and color, even if the shootbang formula is untouched.The guns and gameplay feel improved and spending more time with it is fairly rewarding. The writing is still Adult Swim D&D campaign only more rote and bad in the opening bits. It's a fun C+, so far.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
This is one exception when i want this game to be GaaS. The foundation is so good. The movement, the gunplay, the loot, the word, the HDR, the gfx. Its so good. Hope it gets proper support beside the paid DLCs

I just want them to improve the framerate in performance mode and fix the menu lag

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

I find the humor perfectly fine. The writing is fine and the story is good so far.

Calm down.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Well damn, guess I'll wait for a price drop

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017

This is the part that gets me. Yes, this isn't an adventure game where the writing absolutely makes or breaks the experience but Tales showed what style of humor can work really well with this world and with these types of characters. It just seems like absolutely none of that made it into BL3 and that's disappointing to me. It's cool that they seem to have nailed the gameplay but imagine how much decent writing could improve the experience.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Only level 8 but it's already clear that much love has gone into making these guns cooler than Borderlands 2. I'm constantly finding cool new guns to try and making tough decisions which ones to use or sell, I don't remember having this much variety at low levels in B2. And the gun models themselves, their reload animations, they feel like something custom made instead of randomly generated.

And the Borderlands Humor (TM) - it's actually, ah, honestly not that bad or annoying so far. I expected worse, but of course I've only experienced a small portion so far.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I was really fucking hoping they wouldn't 'upgrade' the bosses. Traunt is completely absurd and it just is not the slightest bit fun.

Edit - EVERYTHING INSTANTLY RESPAWNS ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?????

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Played the game for 7 hours straight.

I like this game a lot and you could tell these guys played Destiny with how the guns feel. The UI does need improvement with not just the design but also performance as well. The map is a gigantic step up though, that's something they really really fixed coming off previous entries.

But this game is a ton a fun!

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
On a struggle PS4: played an hour alone last night and the game performed flawlessly.

Played 5 hours of co op today and the longer I played, the more bugs I ran into.

A few times I'd be looking at the card for a piece of the loot in the ground... And the card would remain on my display as I walked around the environment, eventually going away when I brought the menu up.

Most frustrating, though, was that after a few hours, all the loot being dropped was 2 levels higher than we were. Even in the machines, everything was 2 levels away from being usable. And I'd started getting the 15+ second lag when bringing up the menu, so sorting through the unusable loot got frustrating.

The co op session ended when neither of us could return to our ship because it wasn't giving us the option to travel there at the fast travel station. (placing the marker over the ship's fast travel station gave you no option to fast travel there) My buddy had to go so he dropped out. He reloaded his game solo, and fast travel to the ship was an option. I reloaded solo, and fast travel there was possible.

I'm sure this stuff will be patched out soon, but it's frustrating when it pops up.

Beyond the bugs I saw today, this (campaign writing aside) is an amazing game. The best Borderlands we've gotten yet. Guns and movement feel right. So much weapon variety. The environments are great. I enjoy it immensely until I have to go into the menus.