• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
This thing is HUGE and very very heavy seriously insane how big this box is.

EEXKY3EX4AIuezS

EEXKY3KX4AAezQX

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Amara's tattoos change color depending on what action skill element you have equipped :O

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Omfg. The fastblast shotgun from the VIP program gets legs when you throw it away to reload. And than it walks around and shoots stuff. It looks fucked up and hilarious at the same time haha

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
"Clapbot I'm gonna make you my chamberpot and poop on your head hahaha"

Enjoying it but I'd take an option to replace dialogue with Link sounds if there were one.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out a way to disable the opening movies on PC?

Or even better, disable that ridiculous unskippable movie that plays after you pick a character?

Visuwell

Jan 22, 2019
Anyone gone over to metacritic? It's getting review bombed hard on PC. I've been playing for about 6 ish hours and haven't had any crashes, drops, etc and am enjoying my time so far. Thoughts?

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone gone over to metacritic? It's getting review bombed hard on PC. I've been playing for about 6 ish hours and haven't had any crashes, drops, etc and am enjoying my time so far. Thoughts?
PS4 is getting user review bombed as well. Likely not deserved on merit but 2k and Gearbox should probably comport themselves in a less contentious manner, I suppose. *shrug*

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to play in 4k mode but once I switched over to 1080p60 I won't go back haha. It is just a bit fuzzy.. wish they could have done at least 1440p60.

However I am loving the game. I love Mr. Chew. He reminds me alot of my cat.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So console performance is not the complete shit show many were fearing?
Unless there's been a day one patch since I played it yesterday, then yeah, it kind of is. Maybe my standards are different but I spent a lot more time with my FPS in the 40s than anywhere else, during a six hour session with some friends yesterday, on XB1X in perf mode. I thought the game performed really badly for me.

Oct 27, 2017
The laggy UI and small font is annoying and this is a game where you're opening up the UI alot. Pisses me off

But man, shooting feels good and I LOVE the slide, feels so good to slide into cover and pop up and shoot.

Overall very happy I took a day off to play, Level 11 Moze

Oct 27, 2017

Or even better, disable that ridiculous unskippable movie that plays after you pick a character?

Yeah, that is very annoying. I accidentally picked the wrong character to start with and had to go through it again. What is with unskippable cutscenes in 2019? Come on, devs.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
People playing solo: which character did you choose and how are you finding them?
I've been bouncing back and forth between Zane and Moze. Iron Bear is fun, but I feel like Moze is a little one-note and it may get old. Zane doesn't feel as powerful early on, but his play style / abilities are much more engaging.

I'm probably sticking with him moving forward.

Is it HDR on xbox one x?
Yes, its HDR enabled.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Seems like a combo of review bombing and what typically happens when a game does launch fairly buggy for a lot of people.

Takes a while for those not having issues to submit reviews whereas if the game is crashing a lot of people tend to jump to review sites to bash a game.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Anyone who says gunplay hasn't been improved this time around is playing a different game.

Doing skeet shooting with shotguns and launched enemies is just not getting old. While the shotguns themselves don't have the oomph sound and heavy recoil of say Destiny, the resulting physics imparted to targets is very, very satisfying and fun to play around with.

What I'm really enjoying is the kinetics of combat; rarely do I camp and sit in one place while fighting. I'm constantly running and gunning, switching weapons, and using a lot more of the combat spaces than I ever did in the previous BL games. Feels good.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
So how's the game so far for you people? I'm only few hours in and I'm really enjoying it, shooting is soooo much better, and guns are fun to use.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way to pick up items as junk, is there? Having to go into inventory to mark it manually is a chore that's easily fixed. Division 2 had this and it was great.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who says gunplay hasn't been improved this time around is playing a different game.

Doing skeet shooting with shotguns and launched enemies is just not getting old. While the shotguns themselves don't have the oomph sound and heavy recoil of say Destiny, the resulting physics imparted to targets is very, very satisfying and fun to play around with.

What I'm really enjoying is the kinetics of combat; rarely do I camp and sit in one place while fighting. I'm constantly running and gunning, switching weapons, and using a lot more of the combat spaces than I ever did in the previous BL games. Feels good.

Yeah the gunplay and movement is night and day compared to previous titles. Also the HDR is pretty good. I was afraid because it was bad in 2 but they nailed it here. Dem colors are poppin'

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wish you could upgrade your ammo and inventory slots before you get to sanctuary

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017

From Borderland 3 performance thread :
Skip intro videos: Navigate to [installation directory]\OakGame\Content\Movies and rename 2KLOGO.mp4, AMDLOGO.mp4, and GBXLOGO.mp4.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Love the game so far, but like always i am stuck picking a path for for my character (Fl4k). What do you guys like for him?

psionotic

May 29, 2019
Anyone else tried it in splitscreen?

My wife and I have been looking forward to playing this together, but after trying for a couple hours last night decided that we just can't. All of the text for the menus, gun descriptions, skill trees, etc., are all unreadably small, and we have a pretty good 55" television. We spent half the time cramped on lawnchairs with our faces two feet from the screen and still could barely read any of these, or even worst, the input prompts (square to open, etc.).

BL2 had splitscreen menus that were quite easy to read if you just scrolled up and down with the controller. Really wish that was the case here. We reluctantly decided to play it separately, which is a real shame. Honestly have lost half the excitement to play it now. :(

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Played a few hours on base XB1 performance is great and looks nice with no problems beside slight stutter in the menu and some weird artifacting on part of the terrain only on Pandora only shows if your camera is very specific facing it.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Any fun Zane builds out there?

I'm not digging him, toying with just dropping it and going with amara but I'm on the second planet so would rather not have to start over.