• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't get my preload to work on my ps4. Just started downloading so now I have to wait 25 minutes to download the 60gb.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question: where and how do I access all the goodies from the Super Deluxe edition? (skins, and those relics/equippable items or whatever that boost drop rates?)

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Is the intro cutscene broke at 21:9? I've cut a crazy, uneven black bars and all the video is shifted to the left...

Edit: I guess there's a fix by disabling SharpFx filtering. I'll check it out tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I love when a dev puts both FOV sliders and let's you select if you want performance over graphics. I played roughly an hour with performance and 30 minutes with graphical and performance all the way. Still looks fantastic and runs way better.

Where do you go to redeem your ultimate edition stuff? I only see my character skin none of the weapons or weapon skins.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To anyone who's playing B3, what's your opinion on PC Gamer giving B3 a 63? Reasonable, unreasonable?

Can't speak for how it plays on PC since I'm playing on Xbox, but I'd say unreasonable.

I'd you enjoyed borderlands 1 or 2 you'll enjoy this. If you didn't enjoy borderlands 1 or 2, you probably won't enjoy this.

It's not doing anything drastically different, but I'd say it's a natural evolution of borderlands 2.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Playing on one x on performance mode. Not to be hyperbolic but within 5 seconds of shooting the starting weapon I can tell the shooting is so much tighter

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
It's surprising because they actually make an effort to Telegraph it, but it's not clear at all. I imagine inside the circles was damage, outside was fine, but that wasn't the case at all. Surprised it didn't come up in testing.

The speakers around the arena are doing the damage, just like the speakers spread through the zone itself. They start blinking red 5 or so seconds before exploding and make beepbeepbeep sounds for the last three seconds. The speakers that are activated are typically either aiming at the square in the middle of the room or around the outsides. So you can pretty much just step in or out of the middle when you hear beeping depending on whether or not the middle speakers are blinking.

It's super obvious if you stop what you're doing and look around for a few seconds. I think the issue is more that it's fairly complex for a first boss.

Although, if you're not playing Zane you can pretty much yolo it anyway. The difference between him and the other characters this early is absolutely staggering.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Few hours in and loving the game so far. The weapon sound effects are a big improvement and the slide is so fun. I'm sliding all over the place. Also base PS4 performance is perfectly fine except when you load into a new area and it's choppy as fuck for a while.

Definitely not regretting picking Moze first too. The mech feels pretty good and I found out there's a skill that allows the mech to go on its own for a little bit so that's my top priority right now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is there seriously no way to adjust stick acceleration?

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
To anyone who's playing B3, what's your opinion on PC Gamer giving B3 a 63? Reasonable, unreasonable?
I don't have it on PC so i can't speak to it's PC performance but in terms of performance and gameplay and everything i would say it's 100% unreasonable. But BL to me always been a polarizing game. It's easily a 80 for me they take everything good from 1+2 and made it even better.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Few hours in and loving the game so far. The weapon sound effects are a big improvement and the slide is so fun. I'm sliding all over the place. Also base PS4 performance is perfectly fine except when you load into a new area and it's choppy as fuck for a while.
The text resolution on even slightly distant objects is terrible though

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
also is there a way to adjust the minimap size or opacity? It's fucking huge

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm how they got the gold weapon skin pack from the standard edition? Do you have to redeem something or is it found in game somewhere?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Going to stop at level 10 tonight. I went Moze and I still don't know how I feel about her. She's just really straightforward since all she has is the mech ability. I'm still having a good time though, so I'll see how it goes.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
We need console heroes to report on performance and stuff. Especially PS4 pro.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The action skill CD is a bit harder to read,they need more intense shading

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Woke up 4am to play for two hours before work, lol. Haven't done stuff like that for ages.

So far it has been great. More borderlands with improvements. Got Amara to lvl 5

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
We need console heroes to report on performance and stuff. Especially PS4 pro.

So...1 hour in on 2P coop:

Split screen is horizontal only, which makes playing the game challenging on a 55" 4k.

In performance mode, there is some lag entering the menus and switching menu pages. Performance otherwise was okay during gunplay.

The lack of vertical split needs to be remedied asap, about to start 1p mode on resolution mode.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I don't have it on PC so i can't speak to it's PC performance but in terms of performance and gameplay and everything i would say it's 100% unreasonable. But BL to me always been a polarizing game. It's easily a 80 for me they take everything good from 1+2 and made it even better.

Um I played 3 hours
This is Borderlands 2 ++++
I love it since I love BL2 but it is an evolution of that game. So far everything but the story is better. Who plays this series for the story?! I assumed it would be meme hell and dick/poop/etc jokes and surprise! It is! Doesnt bother me but man PC Gamer just went on and on about the horrible writing/humor etc. I feel their review reads like an 80+ if you remove their complaints about story stuff.

63? Not personally. Unless it suddenly gets worse I give it a 9, same as BL2.

TrickyPhysics

Oct 28, 2017
For the record, I have it for the Pro and for my PC (running a 980ti) and Pro is MUCH better. Lots of inexplicable stuttering on PC, even on low, that isn't present on Pro (like when bandits first load into a combat scenario, etc)

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
How do you tell Fl4k pet what to attack using a controller? I've tried hitting the action skill again as well as the ping command but I can't tell if it's doing anything. Since his attack command has a cooldown, I figured I would see some sort of indicator.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This intro is painful for wanting to test out all action skills

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
For the record, I have it for the Pro and for my PC (running a 980ti) and Pro is MUCH better. Lots of inexplicable stuttering on PC, even on low, that isn't present on Pro (like when bandits first load into a combat scenario, etc)
Check your drivers because I'm getting 95+ FPS on a rtx 2060. While your card is a couple years old stuttering even on doesn't right.