• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Are any console (preferable PS4) reviews out yet? I've been waiting on this for a while but I want to make sure the PS4 version runs smoothly before jumping in.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been burned yet by Gearbox. Even the stuff that was contracted out like Captain Scarlett, Torgue, and Sir Hammerlock had unique enemies and loot that made them worthwhile.

No sandhawk without Captain Scarlett. No vending machine DPUH without Torgue.

Unlike the presequel, all four of these are campaign DLC's. Hopefully at least one of them is made by Gearbox proper like Tiny Tina.
Yea Ive had a blast with two and the DLC over time, just wasn't sure if going in blind on the DLC for an extra $40 was worth it. Thanks everyone

Anybody head over to new Zealand on Xbox yet? lol

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's opinion about buying the DLC bundled edition? I know it's a limited price, but just curious if people Re going to wait and see what DLC rolls out over time.
I've enjoyed all of the DLC, it's not like Gearbox has burned me on any of them and because of that it made the decision to get the Super Deluxe version easy.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I've enjoyed all of the DLC, it's not like Gearbox has burned me on any of them and because of that it made the decision to get the Super Deluxe version easy.

Yep, same here. Plus, they said they want to try to make the new DLC packs as good or better than Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, so we can expect great stuff.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone confirm if the VIP rewards Legendary Maliwan is showing up or not?

Mine has. It's level 12. The rest of the VIP guns are level 10.

I'm playing on X1X right now. Hello from "New Zealand". LOL
So far, it plays really well. I have it on resolution mode right now, but I might change it because the 30 fps is taking some getting used to.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen or heard anything on console version streams to suggest why console code wasn't handed earlier in the week?

I've watched around an hour today and not seen any terrible performance issues or anything like that?

Nasty bugs?
I've been saying it's most likely because EGS shelled out 9 figures for exclusivity and part of that wanted all coverage to signal boost the PC version. So all reviews and streams were of the PC version

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I switched to NZ this morning before work just to see the game running on X1X. The jump in quality is substantial from BL2.

Yeah. This is going to be a long-time jam for me. Groovy.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
GameStop is sold out of the Super deluxe physical edition online and in all 5 GameStop's near me wtf. I ended up going with Amazon but I have a ton of credit at GameStop.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Think I'm gonna go with a mostly Fist of the Elements Amara for the first run, at least until I see if anything is better.

Build

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Hows the performance on Xbox One X Performance Mode? Solid 60 FPS?
Been playing about 2.5 hours w/ Zane on the X using performance mode. It's 60 a lot of the time, but definitely has some drops/stutters/pacing issues. Rage 2 was a much more consistent feeling 60fps to me. That being said, I swapped over to resolution mode and 30fps feels horrible. Not just because its 30fps, but in this game specifically. 30fps in something like AC Odyssey or Destiny feels alright, but this game just feels and looks "off" when jumping back to 30.

I hate pacing issues, but I'm sticking with performance more for sure. The jump in resolution is noticeable though.

If you have a minute, could you check if there's an FOV slider option in the settings please? :)
There's a FOV slider. Default is 90 for both your character and in a vehicle.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
This is the first game I chose XB1X over PS4 Pro so please don't make me regret it. I'm guessing there will be a 4K mode and some sort of 1080p/dynamic 60fps mode? Has that been confirmed?

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Maybe I just haven't seen the right answer but I see people saying it is going to unlock at 7pm EST tonight but everything else I see says that it won't unlock until midnight EST.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
This is the first game I chose XB1X over PS4 Pro so please don't make me regret it. I'm guessing there will be a 4K mode and some sort of 1080p/dynamic 60fps mode? Has that been confirmed?

Yes, there's a performance / resolution mode toggle for choosing 60 vs 30fps. I don't think the resolutions have been confirmed though.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Is Borderlands 3 progression only on host side like Far Cry or does it progress for both people?

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Mine has. It's level 12. The rest of the VIP guns are level 10.

I'm playing on X1X right now. Hello from "New Zealand". LOL
So far, it plays really well. I have it on resolution mode right now, but I might change it because the 30 fps is taking some getting used to.
At what level did you redeem your legendary?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Only a 6h work day tomorrow and took monday off. A friend comes over with his PC and we LAN-Party that shit out of the game for 4 days straight.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This might sound stupid, but why wouldn't you pick instanced loot? You both get your own loot = double the loot = more money when you sell it. And you can still trade/drop items that are better for the other player. Is there a disadvantage to instanced loot that I'm not seeing?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
This might sound stupid, but why wouldn't you pick instanced loot? You both get your own loot = double the loot = more money when you sell it. And you can still trade/drop items that are better for the other player. Is there a disadvantage to instanced loot that I'm not seeing?
To be dicks to each other really lol. Besides that there's no benefit to picking instanced loot

May 22, 2018
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is it true the day one patch is only 250mb? That'd be great as I'd rather not go to the launch tonight.