• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Oof.

Here's hoping the EGS is in a better shape by the time this releases.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're taking away options on where to purchase it. #ForThePublishers

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Did anyone think it wouldn't be coming to epic games store?
Though this likely means exclusivity, we don't know for certain yet whether this means it's not coming to steam.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Drive-by trolling; previous warnings
Hehehe more fuel for my soul.

Also doesn't say it's exclusive anywhere but man does part of me hope x)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Before anyone panics that this might be exclusive (which it's very well likely to be, let's be fair), there's no consoles listed in that image so the lack of a Steam logo might not mean much yet.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Doesn't the main website list Steam?

I mean I wouldn't doubt if it's exclusive but I wouldn't bank on this meaning anything beyond 'hey it's on the Epic store and Epic has priority marketing"

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do the "April Fool's?" posters really think that Borderlands is into subtle humor?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow that one is gonna shake the PC industry quite a lot

EDIT: could just be an EGS specific ad though, now that I think of it. It'd be weird to not mention consoles as well.
If it is an EGS store exclusive, I bet you it will sell noticebly less than it would have being on multiple stores.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands is one of my favorite series but I'd easily skip 3 for a while if it's true.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that there's no Steam logo in the ads, and they deliberately deferred from announcing platforms from their PAX show (indicating that there was something in the platform selection which wouldn't have gone down well with the live crowd) does very heavily indicate EGS exclusivity. Add in Randy's frequently re-posted tweets, and Obsidian opening their PAX panel stating that it was 2k that signed up The Outer Wilds as an EGS exclusive, and I would be willing to bet a very large quantity of money that Borderlands 2 is also an EGS exclusive.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it is an EGS store exclusive, I bet you it will sell noticebly less than it would have being on multiple stores.

Still, the Borderlands community would probably largely prefer to download a launcher rather than miss the sequel they've been waiting for since years. It'd be a big game changer.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's supposed to be a video released after April 3rd (the day they promised "more information") but they accidentally had it up early. So no april fools here.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Can't really get angry with this since it was never confirmed for steam or other storefronts so... welp? Doesn't mean I'm gonna buy it from Epic though with the other shit they pulled.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Still, the Borderlands community would probably largely prefer to download a launcher rather than miss the sequel they've been waiting for since years. It'd be a big game changer.

I think a lot of people are willing to wait a year, especially for a title that may have a season pass. You're clearly underestimating people's patience here.

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
User Banned (1 Day): Misrepresenting the concerns and arguments of other users
Wait, is the April Fool's Day joke is that people are mad about a game launcher?

I mean, that has to be a joke. The game will still be the same no matter what launches it, right?

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Explains why they didn't announce the platforms on the panel I guess.
Question is though once this timed exclusives phase is over, will people buy their other games on EGS or elsewhere?

Oct 25, 2017
rnkBd1v.gif

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
it was fucking obvious, not interested anyways...only game that will get me to install epic shit store is bloodborne, which will never happen, so i guess am never installing it.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big get for EGS if it is exclusive.

And lol at people thinking Borderlands fans would wait an additional year rather than just download the Epic launcher. Totally delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.