• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Pre-order vid is up, bottom left corner for the EGS logo
unknown.png

Last edited:

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not surprising at all, I will be interested to see how much it impacts sales.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It can be on both EGS and Steam .. doesn't say anywhere that it's exclusive.

Not sure why people are getting so uppity about this.

edit: also that tweet has been deleted.

Discussion Guidelines

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.
Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolical vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There's a difference between releasing on EGS, which is perfectly fine, and releasing exclusively on the EGS.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Borderlands will get the visibility is desperately needed

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No indication of Steam yet, guess we'll have to wait till Thursday unless they confirm it before but I'm not holding my breath.

Still though, no surprises on this front.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's not exclusive. I'd like to spend my steam wallet money on this.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Considering Randy Pitchford's words on the Epic Games Store and being published by 2K, I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusive.

That, and it seems like exclusivity deals are the number one way a game ends up on that store anyhow.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow that one is gonna shake the PC industry quite a lot

EDIT: could just be an EGS specific ad though, now that I think of it. It'd be weird to not mention consoles as well.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
I imagine most big games will be on the epic store, also it's running on unreal 4 so I think they got a good deal out of it.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Ads doesn't label it as exclusive, but the lack of others stores on the materials is really gonna worry some folks.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
It can be on both EGS and Steam .. doesn't say anywhere that it's exclusive.

Not sure why people are getting so uppity about this.

edit: also that tweet has been deleted.

I think it's because Epic was the only logo listed and Randy had some tweets where he asks what's wrong with exclusivity in a thread about EGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.