• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how many true leaks there have been from there recently, I don't see why it wouldn't be
I keep seeing this argument brought up, and I'm not sure any of the people who do actually know what 4chan is? It's a site where people can anonymously post just about anything they want without consequence. Which aside from making it a pretty terrible toxic place, can make it easy for people who actually know stuff to leak stuff there. And it's even easier for people to act like they know stuff and post hoaxes on there (or in this case, copy and paste leaks from a few months ago that people didn't notice and act like they're the one leaking that stuff). Which really is what happens way more often, it's just that people only tend to remember the times that someone on there did post something that turned out to be true.

It's like saying any leaks posted on Twitter should be considered as potentially true because there have been times people posted true leaks on there.

Oct 28, 2017
Tales was the only piece of Borderlands fiction that was actually well written. They should have gotten those writers at any cost.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Borderlands is one of the greatest coop series ever. Tales from the Borderlands was the best Tales game.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I would love to see some Tales From The Borderlands characters make an appearance. Those characters were fantastic.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
LOL right? It wasn't just 4chan...this was a "when there is smoke, there is fire" situation.

It's funny how people are changing their stance from "i don't believe it" to "well, duh, it had been leaked by someone else before!", so if it had been previously leaked, how come people still didn't believe it?

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I would love to see some Tales From The Borderlands characters make an appearance. Those characters were fantastic.
I think they'll be playing it fast and loose with the canon of those games though.

Helios being destroyed, Handsome Jacks fate (we see his mask in this trailer, he's gonna be in this game somehow) and also CATCH A RIDE
unless he comes back as a robot or a hologram, I'd imagine they'd just retcon it and have him alive with no reference to TFTB

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
4chan erases all validity LOL

You gotta be pretty disingenuous to take leaks from 4chan as "all or nothing", one shouldn't neither blindly accept them nor instantly dismiss them, they have had legit leaks before, so pretty much protocol is "oh sounds possible, let's have it in mind until confirmation".

What does it mean the writing is more like borderlands 1 then 2? What was the difference?

BL 2 is the reason why the series has a reputation as a "meme bullshit" game.

BL1 had jokes and pop culture references but they were much tamer.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
"Flak" the Beastmaster................ looks awwwwwwfully familiar

IJQsbIX.png

Tales of the Borderlands spoilers

ItSA GoDaMAnnn LOADERBOT. the fingers THE FINGEEEEEERS.

yXWMOLo.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No ice and laser weapons would be mad dumb.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The beast master is obviously going to be the most popular class by far

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
No ice and laser weapons would be mad dumb.
Yeah, that part of the rumor was phrased really badly.

"All elements will return, except for all the new ones added in BL2 and the Presequel".

I never got too far in Presequel to try out many of the ice or laser ones, so it would be a bummer to lose those. Hopefully the new element being added is good.

As a Gunzerker player in BL2, I didn't mind Slag since I could dual wield a Slag gun and another gun to get a lot of damage in single player, but I do get how it was pretty limiting when playing single player as any other character class.
If it's gone I doubt I'll miss it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, that part of the rumor was phrased really badly.

"All elements will return, except for all the new ones added in BL2 and the Presequel".

I never got too far in Presequel to try out many of the ice or laser ones, so it would be a bummer to lose those. Hopefully the new element being added is good.

As a Gunzerker player in BL2, I didn't mind Slag since I could dual wield a Slag gun and another gun to get a lot of damage in single player, but I do get how it was pretty limiting when playing single player as any other character class.
If it's gone I doubt I'll miss it.
Yeah and to be fair other characters had various ways to apply slag too but in general like you said it was pretty limiting.

It just wouldn't make a lot of sense since it was one of the best things about the pre sequel.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The beast master is obviously going to be the most popular class by far
I really can't tell until I see the classes in action.

I probably will like the Beastmaster since as a someone who plays single player, any ability that lets you relieve aggro off of your character is always a bit plus.

BUT the Siren was my favorite character in BL1 since her phase shift ability basically made her invincible and eventually donelectrical damage to enemies while in that mode (not to mention you could use it to run super fast through areas). So if the Siren has MULTIPLE phase powers I can see her being a ton of fun.

The lady with the rideable bear mech could be awesome too. I just need to see how the mech actually works (is it autonomous at all? Or more like a titan fall mech?).

Even the Batman guy could be good if his abilities are fun.

I'd say moreso than BL1, 2, or Presequel, I'm really excited to try out all 4 classes.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sirens always felt like the best characters to play for a first playthrough because they feel more involved with the story over the other characters who come off as mercs with rather weak motives. Maya was the only one with an interesting backstory and motives that weren't just "I need something to do, what's this I hear about a vault" that was literally every other character in BL2.

And yeah, they typically have the coolest abilities. Although it seems the generic soldier of this game actually has something going for them besides a boring turret. Axton and Roland were dreadfully dull.

However, a melee siren is just too good to pass up. My two favorite play styles in BL combined into one.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
cryo wouldnt (sadly) make sense in a game set in pandora, but in a game where you travel to other planets? whats stopping the player from going to elpis or any other elpis like planets/moons where Cryo would be a thing? so yeah i think it would be incredibly dumb to cut cryo when they could easily justify it

they could justify slag too but fuck slag. slag is horrible and the main culprit about the scaling and UVHM/OP Levels being so broken and unfun in BL2

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I'm okay with a melee Siren class provided melee weapons are a thing or we can modify them

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I have to admit that this is the first time that I want to play all four classes. I normally play just the siren and then someone else afterwards, but the other three sound fucking great as well.

I really really hope that they're split screen again because I had a ton of fun playing on the same console with my friends and family.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
cryo wouldnt (sadly) make sense in a game set in pandora, but in a game where you travel to other planets? whats stopping the player from going to elpis or any other elpis like planets/moons where Cryo would be a thing? so yeah i think it would be incredibly dumb to cut cryo when they could easily justify it

they could justify slag too but fuck slag. slag is horrible and the main culprit about the scaling and UVHM/OP Levels being so broken and unfun in BL2

Same with Laser weapons, it's explained that they weren't available in BL2 because Marcus has an import ban on them (due to an "accident" he had with them in the past). Why said ban would also be on other planets, but not Pandora's moon will be hard to justify.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
So all elements are in except slag, lightning, ice and laser? Wtf..why wouldn't they add these, they sound awesome.

Popelady

Growth Manager at Splash Damage
Verified
Mar 11, 2019
I did a focus group about this a while ago. Provided they've not changed anything, that 4chan leak is... well, its reminded me of things i heard. I'm still not sure what I was allowed/not allowed to say, esp as they forgot to make me sign an nda.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, where's the 'if it comes from 4chan is fake' people now?
We know a lot of fake shit goes there, but sometimes, it happens.