• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
PC Gamer published an article which explains how this is good for 2K, ignores the consumer perspective and implies that those who have a problem with EGS are Steam loyalists.

It's sad. Their articles about EGS are reading like PR written by Epic.

I'm done with pc gamer. I've removed them from my favorites and on social media.

It may also be a good idea to stop linking them here, you're only giving them extra clicks. Use way back machine or make a screen shot when necessary.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks pretty cool but I'm a bit disappointed that the game looks literally identical to BL2 graphically.
giphy.gif

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably a stupid question, so I apologize if so, but can you add Epic games to your Steam library via the "Add a Non-Steam Game" feature?

I really love using Big Picture Mode with Steam link in my bedroom and I'd prefer to launch things from that interface.
You should be able to add anything to Big Picture Mode as long as you direct it to the correct .exe file. I've done it plenty of times with non-steam games.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Oh wow. Kudos to those who took the time to put this together. Bookmarked.

The FAQ was written by some great guys from Metacouncil, who are fellow PC Era members as well. ☺️

The FAQ TLDR could just read "Welcome to Capitalism."

Yeah perhaps. But the more people are aware, the higher the chance that they vote with their wallets against this. PC gamers have succeeded in beating capitalism before.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Guess i'm waiting 6 months. Go ahead epic and keep doing your best but you ain't gonna win becoming a main platform against a library of hundreds. To the more principled person this only kills any good will so good luck throwing cash without gaining anything except being assholes.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the rumors that it'll be crossplay, that means I don't need to even buy my Xbox copy and I can wait for it to be $20 on Steam.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a stupid question, so I apologize if so, but can you add Epic games to your Steam library via the "Add a Non-Steam Game" feature?

I really love using Big Picture Mode with Steam link in my bedroom and I'd prefer to launch things from that interface.

Yeah I do this.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
For people who don't care about platform,this has no impact. For people who wanted Steam,6 months is not that long.

Nevertheless, if people bought a PS4 for Bloodborne,I don't understand how they just can't install a different launcher for 6 months earlier release.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The good news I gather from this is that they are keeping it a singleplayer/coop game and not a GAAS mmo-lite like Destiny/Division/Anthem. Which is 100% the right move, but still somehow surprising with todays schlooter landscape.

Dec 20, 2017
Hell yes! In my top three most anticipated for this year -- behind Pokemon and Link's Awakening. I'm fine with picking it up on the Epic store.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how far along EGS will really be on their feature roadmap by the time this game arrives. Epic definitely has the money.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's sad. Their articles about EGS are reading like PR written by Epic.

I'm done with pc gamer. I've removed them from my favorites and on social media.

It may also be a good idea to stop linking them here, you're only giving them extra clicks. Use way back machine or make a screen shot when necessary.

People everywhere are letting their desires for change from Valve cloud the fact that Epic has shitty business practices. The ends don't justify the means and it is incredibly frustrating to see the amount of people that are blindly embracing it all. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing has been to the benefit of consumers so far

Dec 28, 2018
Happy to see that it's coming out this year as it is looking mighty fine so far. Feel bad for those who have to wait longer to get it because of the whole Epic Games Store exclusivity.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
That's a good trailer. Will definitely pick Moze because Titanfall Shlooter.

Now the question is should I buy this day one or wait for GOTY edition ? How substantial is the DLC for Borderlands 2 (I played the base game but never the DLC) ?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yo guys, can someone help me out here. I'm trying to experiment on the regional pricing on Epic Games Store, and I'm using Brazil as my example.
When I set my account to brazil and go to purchase, Borderlands 3 first shows 59.99 USD, then at checkout it changes to 30 USD, which is 116 Brazilian Real.

Does EGS always show USD as the currency? Or should the currency reflect the region?

I have a couple pictures attached. I don't know if it's just something wrong with the store.

unknown.png

unknown.png
It depends on the country. Epic doessn't support local currencies for a lot of places and for those places the price is in dollars. Additionally unless you have a Brazilian payment option (a brazilian card) you won't be able to purchase as your payment will fail. Lastly, even if you somehow manage to buy it...your EGS will LOCK to the region you bought your first game in and the only way to change it is by contacting support...which means you can't do it frequently or else you'll get flagged.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
People everywhere are letting their desires for change from Valve cloud the fact that Epic has shitty business practices. The ends don't justify the means and it is incredibly frustrating to see the amount of people that are blindly embracing it all. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing has been to the benefit of consumers so far
Yeah this is every bit like timed third party console exclusivity. Remember, Rise of the Tomb Raider? I didn't see many defending that and applauding MS for bringing competition when PC and PS4 gamers had to wait. But it was different I guess... :p

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how long this is going to go on for. Paying to keep games off steam specifically.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean there's a lot to be annoyed by when it comes to EGS.
But a game being full price before launch? Really?

Third party sellers usually list keys for 5-20% off leading up to release. That's how I do most of my purchases. Valve doesn't get a cut and the revenue split between publishers/devs and third parties is negotiated independent of Valve. It's the best approach I've seen so far that works in favor of devs and consumers. Epic doing something similar would kill at least some of the ire, I think.

Yeah this is every bit like timed third party console exclusivity. Remember, Rise of the Tomb Raider? I didn't see many defending that and applauding MS for bringing competition when PC and PS4 gamers had to wait. But it was different I guess... :p

Its weird that whenever examples like that get brought up, people ignore it. Like, it clearly wasn't okay when Microsoft did it. Why is it okay now?

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
I wonder why only 6 months.

Is it because Epic doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a single game or because deep down Take-Two knows the game will sell much less without Steam...

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Third party sellers usually list keys for 5-20% off leading up to release. That's how I do most of my purchases. Valve doesn't get a cut and the revenue split between publishers/devs and third parties is negotiated independent of Valve. It's the best approach I've seen so far that works in favor of devs and consumers. Epic doing something similar would kill at least some of the ire, I think.
I mean that's neat, but to complain about a game being full price before launch and citing that as a reason to not get a game is still weird to me.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
For people who don't care about platform,this has no impact. For people who wanted Steam,6 months is not that long.

Nevertheless, if people bought a PS4 for Bloodborne,I don't understand how they just can't install a different launcher for 6 months earlier release.

A first party game that's only on sonys platform is fine. 3rd party exclusives are not fine on PC nor console.

There are plenty of reasons YOU should care but it's also your right not to.

Does not mean people should not complain just because your ok with less consumer options.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wonder why only 6 months.

Is it because Epic doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a single game or because deep down Take-Two knows the game will sell much less without Steam...
Yeah, it's been a recurring discussions surrounding this deal because this is the first 6-months deal they've made. People believe that it's due to Take Two asking for too much from Epic. It's a very high profile new game after all.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

I don't know what to even think about this.

He doesn't like the negative attention Gearbox is receiving as a result of the exclusivity deal, so he's making a commitment he knows he won't have to keep in an attempt to shift the discussion away from this snafu and to Valve being the "bad guys" because it seemingly refuses to pull Half-Life out of suspended animation.

Last edited:

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Did he just pull the Half-Life 3 card.

Seems so lol.

He doesn't like the negative attention Gearbox is receiving as a result of the exclusivity deal, so he's making a commitment he knows he won't have to keep in an attempt to shift the discussion away from this snafu and to Valve being the "bad guys" because it seemingly refuses to pull Half-Life out of suspended animation.

Yeah, that makes sense... Still feels like a really odd stance to take though. Like the top comment says "so what your saying is it will never happen" I mean anyone can see that.