• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
People saying it's $44.99 yet it shows as £49.99 in the UK for me? How the hell does EGS calculate their exchange rates?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Am I the only one disturbed by the cover of the game with what I presume is a Jesus rip-off?

Discussion Guidelines

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As a reminder...

Official Staff Communication

Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.
Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolical vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I've never played the games because everything about how literally any characters speaks turns me away from the games so fast. 2 especially. If this is going to be better on that front I'll definitely consider picking it up.

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, at least it's six months.
But even then I'm probably going to key sites, fuck this practise.

Still glad that BL3 is real though, it's been so damn long.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how big the dislike bar on the YouTube video will be.

Still, can't wait.

haej

Apr 1, 2019
Prices in EU are bollocks. It's about 67$ in Poland - so where is this supposed price drop on EGS?

Welp, it doesn't matter anyways. Waited for a decade, can wait for 6 more months. I will not willingly install malware.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why they split the release date from the main reveal stream just to basically say to wait again for actual gameplay.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Waited long for Borderlands 3, i dont mind waiting a few more years for a gold edition on the steam store.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I want them to tell me what's new in the game that wasn't in the previous ones. What's in this game that wasn't possible.

The visual upgrade, a ton of new and varied environments, completely different characters and guns, the new story...

Like, obviously you will learn more about the game before it comes out. Looking for an apology because they took too long for you is strange. You can decide if the game is worth your money, how long it took is redundant. Maybe the studio just didn't crunch? Maybe they pursued other projects in the meantime?

They've already promised an event in a month with more information.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Borderlands 3 PC is releasing exclusively on the Epic Store in September
The PC version will be an Epic Store exclusive until April 2020.

I'm in doubt because such a long time of delay for the pc, or it will be for all platforms.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
a lot better than the first trailer. although, i would've preferred if the trailer was a little less spastic so i could see more. but will be a def buy for me.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they split the release date from the main reveal stream just to basically say to wait again for actual gameplay.
They split the release date so people in the crowd went 'YEAH BORDERLANDS 3!!!' instead of 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EPIC BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'.

Waiting again for actual gameplay is just part of your typical marketing cycle.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
At least 6 months is not too much. This is the type of game I wait for a "complete" edition anyway.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
thereitis.gif

Not surprised in the slightest. Wonder if Epic will be spiteful enough to not allow Epic users to play with Steam players after that version launches.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Good shit, sooner than I expected. Looking forward to it and glad they kept their unique not a destiny clone.

Apr 8, 2018
I remember missing out on Borderlands 2's Loot Chest CE, so I was thinking about getting the Diamond Loot Chest CE when it leaked last night. $250 seems like a bit too much for me imo, especially when there doesn't seem to be any actual pictures of the contents? I'll probably just get the Super Deluxe Edition. Still unsure if I want to go physical or digital.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The visual upgrade, a ton of new and varied environments, completely different characters and guns, the new story...

Like, obviously you will learn more about the game before it comes out. Looking for an apology because they took too long for you is strange. You can decide if the game is worth your money, how long it took is redundant. Maybe the studio just didn't crunch? Maybe they pursued other projects in the meantime?

They've already promised an event in a month with more information.
People really need to check out the tech demo Randy showed off about the lighting. They went from UE3 to UE4. That takes time to learn. They also were working on other games between BL2 release and BL3 development. I doubt they've been working on this for 7 years.

haej

Apr 1, 2019
thereitis.gif

Not surprised in the slightest. Wonder if Epic will be spiteful enough to not allow Epic users to play with Steam players after that version launches.

Honestly? Not a chance. Let's remember the fact hat Epic is too proud to use STEAM logo in the import friends tab on EGS. This dumpster fire has been only lit.