• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fid

Jun 5, 2018
Detroit
No Aim support is baffling.

The other decisions are whatever for me (vanilla B2 is still a lot of video game, I can take or leave co-op), but paying $50 for a shooter that doesn't use the system's tailor-made shooting controller? Nah, I'll wait until they patch that in.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
No Aim support is baffling.

The other decisions are whatever for me (vanilla B2 is still a lot of video game, I can take or leave co-op), but paying $50 for a shooter that doesn't use the system's tailor-made shooting controller? Nah, I'll wait until they patch that in.

Aim Controller support would be fine but I would miss dual wield.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It has a similar scheme as with Skyrim VR. You use the left Move controller like a analog stick, tilting it. It should work well enough. The video valeu posted explains it.

I must have missed this. Only control scheme I saw in Skyrim was pressing the right move button to go forward and then the left X and O buttons to turn right and left. And there was no strafe. It was horrible. Is what you're taking about a particular option I missed? Would love to use the moves if it doesn't suck lol.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure. I just started enjoying regular borderlands 2 like a month ago after having it in my steam library for years. I like it alot but as more of a laid-back low-intensity thing. VR ratchets everything up. I think I will buy at thirty bucks. my experience with Skyrim VR tells me that it's practically like two different games. Too bad we have to pay for two different games...

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It's a shame there's no DLC, but I guess it's down to size and time. No co op must mean no end boss fights, surely? I've preordered anyway, the main game is one of my favourites. Price takes the piss though, greedy cunts. I already bought it on PS3, PS4, Vita, X, and PC.

Yeah... some of those bosses are tough in SP! I wonder if the QOL patches are integrated?

In terms of Aim support, perhaps this can be patched later... 🤔

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully moves aren't required, I hated using them for SkyrimVR and had a way better time when I switched back to controller

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I really need this on PC.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm not sure. I just started enjoying regular borderlands 2 like a month ago after having it in my steam library for years. I like it alot but as more of a laid-back low-intensity thing. VR ratchets everything up. I think I will buy at thirty bucks. my experience with Skyrim VR tells me that it's practically like two different games. Too bad we have to pay for two different games...

Yeah, I think I'll wait for it to drop in price as well. Plenty on my plate for a few months.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
overall package and cost looks like a joke on paper... but keeping an open mind. vr made vanilla skyrim worth every penny so who knows

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
$20 or under for this title.

- old ass port
- no co-op
- no dlc
- no aim

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The really bummer is that just adding coop to this would make it a pretty damn appealing VR port. There aren't exactly a lot of long coop experiences available in VR.

It's really too bad.

Oct 30, 2017
I will be most likely be getting the PSVR bundle soon. I don't care about the DLC quests but I cannot believe that it will only have the original 4 characters. I was totally planning to use Gaige.

If the the rumors that the next one is sticking with same limited class system and wasting one of those slots with yet another siren, I am most likely done with this series. It makes me think that Battleborn broke them.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Damn this looks fun. Wish there was co-op :(

Will pick it up when there's a sale though.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope these VR ports like Skyrim and Borderlands become compatible with normal version save data. Restarting these massive games sounds like a pain.

also what's up with old PS3 era open world games being ported to VR. Why not PS3 era linear games, seems like that would much more impressive in VR today than these ugly ports.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I hope these VR ports like Skyrim and Borderlands become compatible with normal version save data. Restarting these massive games sounds like a pain.

also what's up with old PS3 era open world games being ported to VR. Why not PS3 era linear games, seems like that would much more impressive in VR today than these ugly ports.

Don't know what you mean with ugly ports...

BL 2 VR seems to be a very good port, also graphically.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I must have missed this. Only control scheme I saw in Skyrim was pressing the right move button to go forward and then the left X and O buttons to turn right and left. And there was no strafe. It was horrible. Is what you're taking about a particular option I missed? Would love to use the moves if it doesn't suck lol.

Try again. Hold the move button and then tilt the left move left or right. Voila, strafing. Tilt it towards you, now you're moving backwards.

It works very well once you get it.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Generally, I think porting this to VR is a fantastic idea; they've seemingly put a lot of effort into this port too. The way the arms look, how zoom functions, the movement options. It all seems to work great in VR. However, the price tag is just wrong. There's no co-operative support (one of the big bullet points for Borderlands) and none of the DLC from Borderlands 2 included either. This should be a $20 game, lots of PSVR owners would buy this at that price but currently it's priced far too high to even compete with it's original release content wise. VR is ofcourse a somewhat growing niche commodity right now so I can see Gearbox just pricing it this way to get a leg up on the band wagon. I personally am a VR deserter, having owned a Vive and PSVR and while both wow'd me, the games to price ratio just didn't persuade me to keep them for very long. A game like Borderlands or Skyrim but built from the ground up for VR, being that killer app everyone is asking for, must be around the corner right? We've already got games like Astro Bot which have been well received and are experiences crafted for VR. I'll totally buy back into the VR tech space once there's more games that do it for me, until then I enjoy watching the videos and reviews of the VR games that get released, which I'm sure I'll do a lot of with Borderlands 2 VR.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Man, they got code early. I've been pestering 2K for weeks and just assumed they were keeping it out of the press' hands.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they got code early. I've been pestering 2K for weeks and just assumed they were keeping it out of the press' hands.
I haven't been contacting them, but they sent me a code 3 hours before the embargo lifted. I don't think that's enough time for a thorough review... XD

It's fun, though. But there are some performance problems and i don't like getting taken out of VR space all the time for uninterruptible 2D sequences. And some minor annoyances like menus stuck unreadable in objects like vending machines.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna buy this, then I came on here and noticed there's no Aim support. Wtf Gearbox? HARD pass on this