• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
what's weirder is that Maverick Hunter X retranslates his name to.... Boomerang Kuwanger

and not Boomerang Beetle or something
the X is rather silly at times

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
you know, the funny thing is that i always thought he was like a grasshopper or something?

going through this thread, it also occurred to me that i probably spent the least amount of time revisiting this stage compared to all the others

i just want you to know that "i" appreciated this post

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I remember Maverick Hunter X slightly renamed him to Boomerang Kuwanger. If Capcom tried remaking X1 again, I often wondered if they would just straight up rename him Boomerang Beetle--especially since they seem to prefer more conventional names, as seen in the X5 legacy collection version.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've always wondered if in the X series folks don't trust animal Reploids.

I mean they never turn out good.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
They got redone in one of the re-releases to get rid of the bizarro Guns n Roses stuff.

That was probably the single best thing about that specific re-release. I was so glad to see them get rid of the Guns 'n Roses nonsense. X5 already had a lot of problems... they didn't need to saddle the Western release with another, astronomically stupid one. :P

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
People first learn to distrust men then animals
No wonder that timeline is just apocalypse after apocalypse
this would have (literally) never happened if they just invested in the internet instead
aside from all those terrorist incidents and the world almost ending a few times in Battle Network

Oct 25, 2017
this would have (literally) never happened if they just invested in the internet instead
aside from all those terrorist incidents and the world almost ending a few times in Battle Network
Terrorist incidents that happened BECAUSE they decided to bet their money on the Internet instead of robotics.
I mean
During ZX we are dealing with giant databases of everybody alive, so networking and computing became important anyway, and not in a specially great manner (not to mention the Elves are software/sentient AI too)
During BN6 we see the possibility of fusing robotics and Navis (not to mention the use of automated 'bots for security).
Both technologies will converge eventually.

In the end the internet timeline ends up far more peaceful if you consider SF though.

May 13, 2019
I mean
During ZX we are dealing with giant databases of everybody alive, so networking and computing became important anyway, and not in a specially great manner (not to mention the Elves are software/sentient AI too)
During BN6 we see the possibility of fusing robotics and Navis (not to mention the use of automated 'bots for security).

In the end the internet timeline ends up far more peaceful if you consider SF though.
This much is true. There were world ending threats in BN but nothing on the scale of MMX's Maverick wars or or, God forbid, the Elf Wars from MMZ.

Also: TIL the Elf Wars only lasted 4 years and yet it ended with the death of 90% of reploids, 60% of humans and the entire planet reduced to a smoldering wasteland.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Battle Network is probably the most real series in capturing how modern crime would evolve.

Shit like hacking into a digital oven to start a fire doesn't seem crazy nowadays.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I mean

Legends also happens in the Classic/X/Z/ZX timeline, and in that the whole world eventually gets flooded.

Classic timeline is the bad timeline. The Skynet and Future Trunks timeline.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all scrubs never heard of Kuwagamon?
78aefd0a60ef1eeeecfa08d56e9a82fe.gif

Magna Hyakkulegger is the best Maverick name.
latest
A new Alex Kidd game in this style would be cool. If Wonder Boy III can return by fan developers, why not this?

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't buy that Legends is on the robotics timeline. It makes for fun fanservice but until something connects it to the rest like the Lan letters/diary entries in SF, it's just fun trivia/fluff tbh

Or a TV show in the BN era.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I still don't buy that Legends is on the robotics timeline. It makes for fun fanservice but until something connects it to the rest like the Lan letters/diary entries in SF, it's just fun trivia/fluff tbh

Or a TV show in the BN era.
I see it like how Turn A is for Gundam
it's an end point regardless of the timeline, everything leads to Legends, but it's so deep in the future that it doesn't matter

May 13, 2019
Battle Network is probably the most real series in capturing how modern crime would evolve.

Shit like hacking into a digital oven to start a fire doesn't seem crazy nowadays.
Star Force even more so. One of the scenarios of the first game involve a self driven truck going berserk and running over everything.

There have already been fatalities involving Tesla's autopilot. Now imagine the scenario of a hacker breaking into one of those cars and going into a killing spree.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I came in here expecting praise for Boomer's godlike theme. Thankfully some replies got the thread on track.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
This is a Boomer Kuwanger.

He kuwangs boomers.

I always wondered why the boss names started getting so batshit during the Playstation era.

Never crossed my mind that they were just poorly translated.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
I see it like how Turn A is for Gundam
it's an end point regardless of the timeline, everything leads to Legends, but it's so deep in the future that it doesn't matter
That is a good way of looking at it, though also a bit depressing ):
I never really understood this line of thinking about continuity, it's a simpler explanation that something like Turn A (or BotW, or whatever) is a separate continuity which contains elements/events that have also occurred in other continuities, rather than all realities somehow merging.

Oct 27, 2017
This guy was my favorite boss in X1. I think the japanese names are more interesting than just Power Animal, but the X5 ones sound really silly to me.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Underrated remix that has almost no likes/views:

covers like this make me appreciate how much MMX1 (and to some extent X2 and 3) replicated the 80s heavy metal sound with a mere snes sound chip. i'll listen to the original OST imagining some long haired japanese guy shedding his guitar all sweaty in some small sound room, but no it was all meticulously programmed