• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
image0.png

It was inevitable that a nutter like Garrison would call de Blasio a Nazi after the whole Hasidic funeral incident. Quite frankly I'm surprised it took this long.

Also fucking lmao at actually using "I want to plant my tomatoes in fucking March" in earnest.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It always cracks me up that they have to label all the people and things they are mocking. Like the art is so shit the audience needs to be spoon fed what's being said.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I swear I encountered Garrison growing up in the 2000s and his comics were not this nuts. I must be misremembering because all of this stuff just emits pure clown energy

I mean it's funny in how terrible it is but eh

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Lockdown is messing their heads

When they started to hate billionaires?
When they started to like plants?
I thought teens should be allowed to own guns for freedom
Why everything is nazi to them except white supremacy?

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
frankensteins monster also kills, what, 3 people in the entire book? not too bad compared to a cop
If society didn't discriminate against people for being different, Frankenstein's Monster could have lived a perfectly happy life.

Also assuming Overly Sarcastic Productions TL;DR'd it accurately enough, Frankenstein's monster was actually traditionally attractive, just tall and with a funky eye color

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I honestly can't find the energy to care. Old person complains about the generation replacing them. Circle of life.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't find the energy to care. Old person complains about the generation replacing them. Circle of life.
I find it amusing precisely because of that, honestly.

It also serves as one of the biggest reminders I can think of that no matter how many people insist it's the case, society hasn't sunken to some horrible, never-before seen low. Because that's what every generation says is happening, and life keeps going on just fine.

Did you know Socrates hated the concept of writing?

Let's break the circle.
This too. I can only hope that knowing about the existence of the cycle helps me to keep perspective as I get older and new things challenge my worldviews further.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I find it amusing precisely because of that, honestly.

It also serves as one of the biggest reminders I can think of that no matter how many people insist it's the case, society hasn't sunken to some horrible, never-before seen low. Because that's what every generation says is happening, and life keeps going on just fine.

Did you know Socrates hated the concept of writing?

This too. I can only hope that knowing about the existence of the cycle helps me to keep perspective as I get older and new things challenge my worldviews further.
Do better, sure. I'm just not going to get worked up over some Boomers hungry for material.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I like don't understand the point of this comic. Are we supposed to choose the cop? Why make him look like such a creep if so?
Looking at it, I have to wonder. . .

Does he. . .does he think that expression exudes confidence?

I watched a TED Talk recently about how psychopaths see themselves, and they tend to interpret the more questionable aspects of their personality as confidence. My gut keeps telling me there has to be some kind of similar dissonance here.