• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
2. Pretty sure Ivanhoe is considered a dreadful and boring read even among Boomers.
Honestly it's kind of a charming read though it's not paced that well. But there's a court jester that does some good ol' undercover sneaking around and, tonally, it's pretty fun.

Had to read it in college. I was the only person in the class that enjoyed it though, so YMMV

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
So whoever drew that Hospital one clearly hasn't been in a hospital in a long time. I've seen people on Life Support - They're strapped down into the bed exactly to prevent them from doing just that, the equipment isn't readily-unpluggable like that anyway, and (at least at the hospital I was visiting) the bed has a power-outlet for the patient's electronic shit anyway built in.

Also...

>Ivanhoe

Where do I even start with this one?

1. The CESpit hasn't had anything a sane person would consider a "Consumer" electronic in ages, just bizarre overpriced "THE FYOOTCHER!!!" gimmicks, so no kid would be interested in going there, just hipster Tech Journalists.

2. Pretty sure Ivanhoe is considered a dreadful and boring read even among Boomers.

I remember reading the abridged Wishbone version of Ivanhoe with my mother after it was featured on that show and neither of us could get through it at all (and this being the boiled-down for-young-readers version)

Oct 28, 2017
a5qAbOi.jpg

Those are clearly the same people so if he didn't make a move in the last 15 years he wasn't gonna

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
a5qAbOi.jpg

Those are clearly the same people so if he didn't make a move in the last 15 years he wasn't gonna

Also that train is pretty obviously in Purgatory and everyone here's missed the point. The second panel is after they realized that the train they're in is never going to reach its destination and they've resigned all hope. Time is Irrelevant in the Purgatory Train. When is the train scheduled to arrive at it's destination? Always, Never, and Forget About It.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The subway 15 years ago sounds like a nightmare. I prefer the one where everyone's chilling on their phone and minding their own business than the one where creeps hit on me!

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Why do middle aged/Old people think people don't know how to read a book just because they use their phone a lot?

Like, I'm trying to understand the sense of how stupid that is. If they can read whats on their phone.... WHY WOULD THEY NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO READ A BOOK. ITS ACTUALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY. HELP.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
So whoever drew that Hospital one clearly hasn't been in a hospital in a long time. I've seen people on Life Support - They're strapped down into the bed exactly to prevent them from doing just that, the equipment isn't readily-unpluggable like that anyway, and (at least at the hospital I was visiting) the bed has a power-outlet for the patient's electronic shit anyway built in.

My favourite part of that one is the sign suddenly appearing on the wall.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Why do middle aged/Old people think people don't know how to read a book just because they use their phone a lot?

Like, I'm trying to understand the sense of how stupid that is. If they can read whats on their phone.... WHY WOULD THEY NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO READ A BOOK. ITS ACTUALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY. HELP.

The funny part is that boomers aren't big readers, the last one they read was probably The Da Vinci Code.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many of the comics involving video game references are hopelessly outdated. Arcade cabinets, Pac-Mac and I'd say even consoles are more cultural hallmarks of Generation X than Millenials.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
a5qAbOi.jpg

I refuse to believe that this is something people actually reminisce about. What the fuck did we even do on public transit besides look out the window (if you're lucky to have a window seat) or awkwardly avoid eye contact with the people sitting directly across from you?

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
So half of these are lamenting cellphones or technology and general and the other half are just straight up hating the fact that society is progressing and they're unwilling to accept that. Some of these are harmless fun and the others ugh...straight up nasty. I cant wait to see what we'll be bitching about our kids doing when we get to be old farts.

A good chunk of them seem to be how the cartoonists is in a miserable marriage and hates their wife

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Last week some guy started talking to me very loudly at the subway because I was playing my Vita and not reading a book

"You won't learn anything new from this damn thing, you should be reading a book" he said

Than I said "well, where is your book then?". Dude got mad.

And I usually read everyday while going to work, but sometimes I play my Vita. Not that it matters much if I read or not, everyone should do what entertains them

What really bothers me is the hipocrisy

Like, I know for sure that the artists behind these comics does use tecnology, and probably a lot

Relevant image:

197o1okyuiv27jpg.jpg

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that anyone has ever wanted to converse with other people on the subway in history is hilarious.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Every time I need a chuckle I hit this thread up.

I wonder what our out of touch comics will be like when we're old

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
a5qAbOi.jpg

Lol. I remember the subway in Rotterdam when I was young (more than 30 years ago). Carts full of graffiti, junks who looked like they were about to stab you staring at you. People actually basing fucking heroin.
These days the carts are clean, no junks, just normal people staring at their phone or reading a paper.

I prefer now tbh.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Late on this but that makes it even more fucking stupid, as the Abbey Road cover is on a zebra crossing, where cars legally have to stop if you step onto it.

Thats really interesting, being an american I never knew this! Living in Philly I would never assume a car would stop for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Thats really interesting, being an american I never knew this! Living in Philly I would never assume a car would stop for me.

It's funny because if you go to that spot now, all throughout the day it's rammed with tourists recreating the photo, and cars can't do anything about it but wait there forever sitting on their horns because it's a zebra crossing.

The buses give less of a shit though, they will plough through you if you're there too long.