• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
l2v6snj3evrz.gif

obviously these are drastically different cases

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Boogie just wants to feel intelectually superior to everyone else. He isn't an ideologue, he's a centrist, he believes the truth always lies in the middle, because that's a 14 year old's interpretation of what being a moderate is, so he uses it to cater to the alt right audience that probably comprises a good portion of his viewership while keeping plausible deniability from left wing critics.

Centrism doesn't lie in being utterly incapable of taking a stand in ANY issue (hey, a lot of good came out of the Holocaust too, guys!) but in not subscribing wholesale to a certain ideology. A pro-choice, pro gay rights, pro 2nd amendment and pro market economy politician could be described as a centrist (some Democrats in Congress fit that bill, for instance), not someone who looks like they would spontaneously combust at the mere thought of having to take a side. He's South Park made flesh, only worse. You care about a a certain issue, therefore you're a right/left wing lunatic who is too stupid to realize the truth lies in the middle. Dude, you're fucking 44 years old get the fuck outta my face with this teenager bullshit.
Thank you for participating everyone, but we're gonna go ahead and go with this post for the truth thank you thank you

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

That's what got him perma banned from the old country during the peak of Gamergate, I saw it with my own eyes, he came to our thread, a spent an entire day making the thread, our conversations, entirely about him and how our negativity and shit towards gamergaters was hurting him and it ended with him basically saying if y'all aren't gonna be nicer to them I guess I'll just kill myself.

He was banned and talking about his behaviour was forbidden for ages.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I don't think he's actually presenting. Just attending, which I figured was a bygone conclusion.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
On Twitter, Boogie seems genuinely remorseful for the (as he admits) stupid things he's said and seems eager to learn and grow as a person. People can say stupid shit, regret it, and change. James Gunn did, right?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Fuck Geoff too then.

Glad I can't watch it due to the time it runs.
I'll watch the Announcements on other peoples YT channels so they get the add money.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of Era is so ridiculous. Really? Because he's going to get pictures with the creator of God of War, your'e now done with everything associated with that game? I love how people here just fucking love to attack individuals in the spotlite in masses. Its not even a conversation, it's just hate. You know if you had a fucking conversation with people you disagreed with in real life, I bet you could come to some fucking common ground and like the person, but not agree with everything they say. That what humans are, flawed, complex full of fucking different ideas. Some are right, some are wrong, and some are misunderstood. But everyone here sits on their keyboards spreading the hate. Now to watch my notifications light up.

Yeah so ridiculous, a simple disagreement with a Nazi sympathizer. Someone who is homophobic and racist. What a complex person with a different idea who is simply just wrong and misunderstood. We are such a pack of hyenas, jumping on this poor innocent man who is getting more exposure and spotlight to spew his dumb and genuinely harmful rhetoric.

giphy.gif

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand why people except Geoff to do something. Has he ever done anything regarding taking a stand on social issues?

Just because he cares about video games and produces marketing shows for them that doesn't indicate anything about who he is as a person. Has he done anything in the past to show he would care about what people like Boogie are doing?

He isn't an ally because he likes video games and you think he is kinda cool.

Oct 30, 2017

Great contribution, why is this even allowed?

There is "flawed", and there is "supporting white supremacy". There is no common ground with people who believe in racial genocide. Always amusing people will go to bat for folks like Boogie as opposed to actual marginalized individuals.
There's something called zero tolerance though.

And seeing Balrog say that about Boogie doesn't really make him look good. The thread is full of examples of Boogie saying some really bad and insensitive stuff. People have the right to have zero tolerance and react.
He threatened to kill himself if we didn't starting being less critical of gamergate

Is there some links to this? I'll go look right now. I didn't think he straight out said he was a Nazi, or alt right sympathizer. Or even a racial genocide.

Thanks for giving me reasonable responses.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
On Twitter, Boogie seems genuinely remorseful for the (as he admits) stupid things he's said and seems eager to learn and grow as a person. People can say stupid shit, regret it, and change. James Gunn did, right?
Are you sure you're looking at the right twitter account? Cause he might say that, but every other day he says some other new stupid shit.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you know that Francis is his character and it is suppose to be over the top shit right?? this is not real persona, but a character.

It's not. It's a hyper real version of his true feelings. Before 2014 I used to watch his content, the Vlogs he did talked about the same content and contained the same critiques as the Francis videos, just without the voice and breaking things.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Go look at his Twitter. Find another game developer, especially of his profile, that regularly tweets and retweets stuff like that. Most devs i've seen very much try to avoid tweeting or retweeting anything political.

What am I supposed to be seeing here? The occasional anti-Trump RT? That's the qualification for being one of the most progressive people in the industry? That's what counts for being notably "progressive" at all?

And you should follow more than the blandest AAA devs then, I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
That's what got him perma banned from the old country during the peak of Gamergate, I saw it with my own eyes, he came to our thread, a spent an entire day making the thread, our conversations, entirely about him and how our negativity and shit towards gamergaters was hurting him and it ended with him basically saying if y'all aren't gonna be nicer to them I guess I'll just kill myself.

Thanks for the explanation. I am totally unaware of all this stuff. Even 'gamergate' was a thing i had to look up a couple of months ago.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Dude was talking about how games should be marketed to bigots too or else they are discriminating just a few days ago...

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
The pettiness in this thread is unreal. Unfortunate that the mods undid there decision.

And people wonder why nobody takes the forum seriously. He isn't being given a platform, he was just invited to attend the ceremony.
people don't "wonder" anything. the gaming community is dominated by bigots. the reason "nobody" takes ERA seriously is because ERA is slightly less tolerant of bigotry than the average gaming website. we all know this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing says I'm an ally like threatening to kill yourself if a bunch of people on a message don't start speaking nicer about a misogynistic video game hate movement
He threatened to kill himself if we didn't starting being less critical of gamergate

If you're going to tell that story, you should clarify a bit. He claimed that the whole Gamergate issue was so upsetting that he just couldn't talk about it and it made him want to kill himself.

Then he spend the next few months or so defending Gamergaters and having discussions with him. Apparently it's much better for his mental health while he's siding with misogynists, funny that.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned so I'll bring this one up. Remember when he was angry that Wizards of the Coast was forcing diversity into the Magic the Gathering community and used that to justify angry regressive that harassed cosplayers? Funny how Mr. Middle is able to take a stance then.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he won't get on stage atleast.

Wow, Balrog is a Nazi sympathizer too? Should be it's own thread if it's not already. People should know about this, he's the director for one of the biggest games of the year and Sony first party dev.

I can give him the benefit of the doubt as he is busy making games and all that shit but he should know better next time.

Geoff has no excuse as people have brought this up to him before.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On some level I can't hate Boogie because I see how his mind is working on this, it's the same thing I said in the Jaffe thread, the tears in the eyes "America was founded on free speech and I may disagree but I'll die for your right to say it" overblow rhetoric that looks on the surface like it has some depth to it but actually doesn't.

He's just too dumb to be talking about politics, expecting Boogie to have a well realised political opinion is as [inset simile here]. He's just trying to do this passionate pragmatism shit but he's just way out of his depth.

You know i've just realised while typing this that tying political discussion in to the gaming community was one of the stupidest things anybody has ever done as the vast majority of people are not equipped to discuss it properly, yet have massive followings and fans.

This one of the biggest problems I see(not as big as actual problems of racism, homophobia, etc.) is that average joes are given super powerful voices when they have absolutely jack shit to say of worth or intelligence. There's no actual authority on anything, everything is fake news, and if you tell your followers something, your opinion means as much or as little as Walter Kronkite, Albert Einstein and Donald Trump. Choose which altar to worship at and who to throw your money towards, it doesn't matter, truth doesn't exist.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Cory Barlog was besties with him, that's disappointing. Like when Neil Druckman tweeted about going to one of Notch's parties.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
you know that he based this video around his divorce and that playing a character doesn't mean you're not trying to use the video to be a manipulative shithead, right?

I did not watch the particular video, I just saw the thumbnail and I was just mentioning the character. if he did use the francis video to attack his wife, that is not good. However, I have seen videos about him talking about his ex-wife, and he seemed to be fine, so not sure if he is just saving face or what.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Did Youtube pull ads off of him after his stupid "both way" comment? I have never actually blocked him from my feed but after the news broke out Boogie has disappeared from my feed ever since. I actually forgot about his existence and had no idea he lost some weight.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's the "Boogie Cycle" say something incomprehensibly stupid and then show remorse and repeat

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia

Can confirm. I too witnessed this fuckery.

I'd like to say he's changed, but take a look at his twitter and realize he repeats this bullshit over and over again.

Also, sponsors have dropped him after he condoned abuse or something shitty like that.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I remember when he won the trending gamer award however many years ago and then eventually was able to not only to attend a panel with anita but then sit down and have a conversation with her afterwards.

No idea how he managed to do all that but here we are.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please! Please tell me where he actually defends Nazis? I literally JUST YESTERDAY saw a twitter thread from him saying "fuck Nazi's and white supremacists, they don't need a platform"
where doesn't he?
gay people need to wait for their rights, otherwise he blames them for what violent nazis do to gay people
MTG creators can't make cards with women and minorities because that makes the nazis harass people
A extreme far right fucker runs over someone with a car? Anita Saarkesian is to blame
Says the we have to find "the middle" when talking about a guy that thinks black people are genetically inferior
where the fuck doesn't he defend nazis?

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Boogie is that he doesn't seem to learn, change, or grow. People have gotten tired of his apologies, especially after he sided with the Jontron stuff and saying good things came out of the holocaust, etc.,

Oct 25, 2017
I bet the Oscars have probably way more dangerous people with actual power to do something terrible than these YouTubers who just probably influence people that already have some weird problems with their thinking.

PDP, Sargon of Akkad, Boogie, Keemstar, Logan Paul etc influence way more people than you think. Normalizing this "both sides" behavior to a young generation of people is going to ensure gaming stays in an adolecent state.

Look at how many people rushed to defend PDP when he said "nigger". Hell not even a month later he got an advertising deal with Origin PC.

This industry fails to do the bare minimum. It can't take out it's own trash while using worse like Diversity and Inclusiveness like buzzwords.

Oct 25, 2017

Normally, I'd agree with this sentiment. That people can change.

Those tweets Gunn made were made years ago, and probably don't represent his views today.

I sadly can't say the same about Boogie, because he keeps saying stupid shit. It's more believable to me a person changed over a couple of years rather than a single day.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
TGA continues to suck. At least youtube exists the day after so I can sate my need to consume as many of the ads shown during the program as possible :rolleyes:

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Go look at his Twitter. Find another game developer, especially of his profile, that regularly tweets and retweets stuff like that. Most devs i've seen very much try to avoid tweeting or retweeting anything political.
And yet he's being friendly with Boogie, known pile of trash. Also just from a glance at his Twitter nothing on there makes him seem like one of the most progressive people in the industry. Even if you're limiting yourself to the Triple AAA space I wouldn't agree when you've got developers like Machine Games.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why anyone would take Boogie's word that he regrets saying these kinds of things and has changed, when he just keeps saying these kinds of things and doesn't change.

This is when I decided that he's hopelessly irredeemable.
In the context of Alex Jones getting banned from various places.
Alex Jones has amongst other things slandered and harassed families of school shooting survivors. Boogie apparently thinks he has the right to do so.

As far as I'm aware he is only invited to sit in the audience, but this is still bad and disappointing.

Last edited:

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Zero respect for Keighley

No, I'm just going to pass on ever purchasing God of War. Similarly, I stopped watching content from Danny O'Dwyer for the same reason.

Apologies if already asked and explained I'm just now catching up with this thread but what did Danny O'Dwyer do. Wasn't that guy all over Colin for tweeting dumbshit surely he didn't do anything dumb now did he

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Given that Geoff hade Boogie widely featured during E3, I can't say it's surprising he invited him to this show as well. It's unfortunate.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
User Banned (1 week): trolling, defending bigotry
Boogie is fine. He's not perfect but on most cases he's on your side, Era. He has many of the same ideals as the hivemind here, he just disagrees on how to achieve those ideals.

Stop calling him a piece of shit for not wanting to blatantly vilify others (what you call "choosing a side"). All I see in this thread is bullying. He hasn't said a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic from all the examples I've seen, people here are just hating on him because he chooses not to hate others no matter what their opinions are and believes in working with people on a personal level over time rather than shouting at their faces forcing them to comply with his ideals.

Boogie believes in the human spirit and has empathy for the human condition. We could all learn from him.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
What happened Keighly? Have you finally gotten TGA's main stream enough you no longer have to care about how bad things look anymore?

Boogie is fine. He's not perfect but on most cases he's on your side, Era. He has many of the same ideals as the hivemind here, he just disagrees on how to achieve those ideals.

Stop calling him a piece of shit for not wanting to blatantly vilify others (what you call "choosing a side"). All I see in this thread is bullying. He hasn't said a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic from all the examples I've seen, people here are just hating on him because he chooses not to hate others no matter what their opinions are and believes in working with people on a personal level over time rather than shouting at their faces forcing them to comply with his ideals.

Boogie believes in the human spirit and has empathy for the human condition. We could all learn from him.

Literally can no longer tell if posts like this are satire or not.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Also Boogie:

"Minorities need to wait for biggots to be ready for them to get rights before they can have them to prevent hate crimes!"

"Anita Sarkeesian's to blame for Heather Hayer's death"
Please show me the first one, because I have strong suspicions that you've intentionally warped what he is saying.

As for the H3H3 interview, the way he said what he said is pretty dumb, but I'm pretty damn certain that if you listen to the entire context of what he's saying, he is getting at the point that the louder one extreme gets the more reactionary the other side is going to become. Which has often times been true. I think Boogie framed it very stupidly, but making a stupid gaf isn't a crime nor does it necessarily make you a shit person.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Boogie is the Joe Rogan brand of idiot that somehow always access to plausible deniablity about how ignorant they are

Status
Not open for further replies.