• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
www.startribune.com

Texas member of Boogaloo Bois charged with opening fire on Minneapolis police precinct during protests over George Floyd

Feds say Texas adherent of far-right group fired on precinct building, conspired with cop killer to ignite civil war.

Feds say Ivan Harrison Hunter helped burn and loot the Third Precinct building as part of a coordinated attack from the far-right group trying to ignite an American civil war.
By Andy Mannix Star Tribune

OCTOBER 23, 2020 — 1:33PM

CARLOS GONZALEZ – STAR TRIBUNE
The Minneapolis Third Police Precinct was set on fire during a third night of protests following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

In the wake of protests following the May 25 killing of George Floyd, a member of the "Boogaloo Bois" opened fire on Minneapolis Police Third Precinct with an AK-47-style gun and screamed "Justice for Floyd" as he ran away, according to a federal complaint made public Friday.
A sworn affidavit by the FBI underlying the complaint reveals new details about a far-right anti-government group's coordinated role in the violencethat roiled through civil unrest over Floyd's death while in police custody.

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a 26-year-old from Boerne, Texas, is charged with one count of interstate travel to incite a riot for his alleged role in ramping up violence during the protests in Minneapolis on May 27 and 28. According to charges, Hunter, wearing a skull mask and tactical gear, shot 13 rounds at the south Minneapolis police headquarters while people were inside. He also looted and helped set the building ablaze, according to the complaint, which was filed Monday under seal.

Unrest flared throughout Minneapolis following Floyd's death, which was captured on a bystander's cellphone video, causing Gov. Tim Walz to activate the Minnesota National Guard. As police clashed with protesters, Hunter and other members of the Boogaloo Bois discussed in private Facebook messages their plans to travel to Minneapolis and rally at the Cub Foods across from the third precinct, according to federal court documents. One of the people Hunter coordinated with posted publicly to social media: "Lock and load boys. Boog flags are in the air, and the national network is going off," the complaint states.

Two hours after the police precinct was set on fire, Hunter texted with another Boogaloo member in California, a man named Steven Carrillo.
"Go for police buildings," Hunter told Carrillo, according to charging documents.

Benjamin Ryan Teeter, left, a North Carolina resident charged with conspiracy to provide aid to a foreign terrorist organization, is pictured with Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas resident who was charged Oct. 19 in a federal criminal complaint with interstate travel to incidte a riot. The complaint alleges that he fired several shots into the Minneapolis Police Third Precinct building. This photo was included with the sworn affidavit, filed by the FBI, that serves as the basis for the complaint.
More

"I did better lol," he replied. A few hours earlier, Carrillo had killed a Federal Protective Services Officer in Oakland, Calif., according to criminal charges filed against him in California.

On June 1, Hunter asked Carrillo for money, explaining he needed to "be in the woods for a bit," and Carrillo sent him $200 via a cash app.
Five days later, Carrillo shot and killed a sheriff's deputy in Santa Cruz when authorities tried to arrest him, according to charges filed in California. Authorities say he then stole a car and wrote "Boog" on the hood "in what appeared to be his own blood."
Brags on social media

A couple of days later, during police protests Austin, Texas, police pulled over a truck after seeing three men in tactical gear and carrying guns drive away in it. Hunter, in the front passenger seat, wore six loaded banana magazines for an AK-47-style assault rifle on his tactical vest, according federal authorities. The two other men had AR-15 magazines affixed to their vests. The officers found an AK-47-style rifle and two AR-15 rifles on the rear seat of the vehicle, a pistol next to the driver's seat and another pistol in the center console.
Hunter denied he owned any of the weapons found in the vehicle. He did, according to the complaint, volunteer he was the leader of the Boogaloo Bois in South Texas and that he was present in Minneapolis when the Third Precinct was set on fire. Police seized the guns and let Hunter and the others go.

Hunter had bragged about his role in the Minneapolis riots on Facebook, publicly proclaiming, "I helped the community burn down that police station" and "I didn't' protest peacefully Dude ... Want something to change? Start risking felonies for what is good."
"The BLM protesters in Minneapolis loved me [sic] fireteam and I," he wrote on June 11. According to the complaint, "fire team" is a reference to a group he started with Carrillo "that responds with violence if the police try to take their guns away."
"Hunter also referred to himself as a 'terrorist,' " the complaint states.

A confidential informant told police that Hunter planned to "go down shooting" if authorities closed in. He didn't. They arrested him without incident in San Antonio, Texas this week and he made his first court appearance Thursday.

Hunter is the third member of the Boogaloo Bois, a loose-knit group intent on igniting a second American civil war, to be charged in Minneapolis as a result of the unrest that followed Floyd's death.

Michael Robert Solomon and Benjamin Ryan Teeter were indicted in September with conspiracy to provide material support for a foreign terrorist organization.
Fucking racist shitbags tried to frame protestors in a false flag attack to incite a Civil War.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, if there ever is a civil war, these kids are going to shit themselves the moment someone fires back.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_pdzyegm7x61vs3kzy_1280.png

But, yeah, some media amplification of these facts would be great.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Add it to the white supremacist pile. They are a total threat to national security.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I love in the article it says that he's going to go out shooting if police close in, and instead got arrested. These people shit their pants and the first sign of actual push back. They ain't shit, and Biden needs to take these people to task hard as soon as possible.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Who would have thought the cops enabling, defending & encouraging people like Rittenhouse & groups like the Proud Boys & the KKK were granting allowances to the people who actually are more likely to target them & their little blue brotherhood with deadly force....Except for the Black & Brown people who've been loudly sounding the alarm on bigots like this since Antebellum of course. This happens a lot though and police as an institution seem to never learn their lesson anyway.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Remember: anyone can become expendable in the attempt to secure white supremacist ideals, including the fucking cops.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Well I'll be. Happy they're tracking some of those idiots down. Also good to know that our paranoia in MPLS those nights was not unwarranted. So many different chat groups w different neighborhoods posting pictures of suspicious vehicles w no plates/out of state plates.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ivan Harrison Hunter, a 26-year-old from Boerne, Texas, is charged with one count of interstate travel to incite a riot for his alleged role in ramping up violence during the protests in Minneapolis on May 27 and 28. According to charges, Hunter, wearing a skull mask and tactical gear, shot 13 rounds at the south Minneapolis police headquarters while people were inside

That's the charge you get for shooting at a police HQ?

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what they can do, but anything less than scorched-Earth dismantling of organizations like this as if they were ISIS by the next government will do.

Too bad many of the current operators in law enforcement and peripheral agencies that would do that are probably in supremacist militias themselves. Would be nice for some CIA COINTELPRO style disruption techniques to be used on these types of groups for once...

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
They also finally charged/arrested this guy. Don't understand what takes them so damn long.

www.twincities.com

Semi driver who nearly hit Floyd protesters on I-35W bridge charged

The semi-truck driver who authorities say nearly hit protesters on the Interstate 35W bridge during the aftermath of George Floyd’s death was charged with two crimes Thursday. Bogdan Vechirko…
As someone who was on that bridge, thank fuck. But also I too wonder what evidence made them finally press charges.

Anyway, this news is not shocking to anyone who lives in South Minneapolis. The uptick in out of state and cars without license plates were staggering during that time.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
But ANTIFA!! right? Seriously I wonder just how long trumps administration has been finding out about the right wing nutters who actually caused a lot of the issues with the protests and thats why they turned on the great GOP projector to start the ANTIFA shit. Also as always why does no one point out that being of the political ideal of antifa shouldn't be a bad thing? Ffs people go on and on about ww2 and yet no one brings up how the us military was the biggest antifa operation in us history then? I mean I saw literally one member or Congress tweet it I think, suddenly it's not good politics to point out that being about the lifestyle of fighting against nazis and facism is good?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Never forget!

When they confront him.

This was in Oakland

I can't find the one when some girls chased down a car that was giving out bricks...leaving bricks outside of buildings.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who was on that bridge, thank fuck. But also I too wonder what evidence made them finally press charges.

Anyway, this news is not shocking to anyone who lives in South Minneapolis. The uptick in out of state and cars without license plates were staggering during that time.

The traffic cam footage clearly shows he had plenty of time to stop.

They also used a similar semi to check the viewing angles of the bridge and determined he had plenty of time.

This has been weird for a long time for me because there was lots of traffic cam footage clearly showing this even at the time and it made no sense they released him without charging him initially in May/June.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
The traffic cam footage clearly shows he had plenty of time to stop.

They also used a similar semi to check the viewing angles of the bridge and determined he had plenty of time.

This has been weird for a long time for me because there was lots of traffic cam footage clearly showing this even at the time and it made no sense they released him without charging him initially in May/June.

Right, exactly. I had that footage a few days after it happened would show it to CHUDs who would still argue that he didn't have time to stop. I'm curious if maybe something else was discovered that isn't public but who knows. Either way, that man has no business driving a semi ever again.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
fucking knew they were up to this shit but had to tone it down since people were starting to call me a conspiracy theorist. In oakland they spray painted "kill da judges and prosecutors" its like no one talks/spray paints like that

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never forget!

When they confront him.

This was in Oakland

I can't find the one when some girls chased down a car that was giving out bricks...leaving bricks outside of buildings.

Umbrella guy has been IDd but still not arrested. Makes no sense.

My guess is they actually want him out and about to track his communications with others.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It should also be mentioned that the Third Precinct building was boarded up in anticipation of violence after the judge made a decision in the case yesterday.

www.fox9.com

Judge dismisses 3rd-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin, other charges remain

A Hennepin County judge has dismissed the third-degree murder charge against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, but denied the defense's motions to dismiss the other charges against him.

That decision, btw, was to drop the charge of 3rd degree murder due to it being redundant. The 2nd degree and manslaughter charges still stand.

Essentially they figured that dropping a charge of any kind would spur riots, assuming protesters are stupid. And these false flag morons gave them exactly what they wanted.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
I remember seeing that Autozone video and thinking 100% that's a white dude and or a cop trying to frame protesters.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should also be mentioned that the Third Precinct building was boarded up in anticipation of violence after the judge made a decision in the case yesterday.

www.fox9.com

Judge dismisses 3rd-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin, other charges remain

A Hennepin County judge has dismissed the third-degree murder charge against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, but denied the defense's motions to dismiss the other charges against him.

That decision, btw, was to drop the charge of 3rd degree murder due to it being redundant. The 2nd degree and manslaughter charges still stand.

Essentially they figured that dropping a charge of any kind would spur riots, assuming protesters are stupid. And these false flag morons gave them exactly what they wanted.

Yeah I don't like that move though. Makes it more likely he gets off with manslaughter. 3rd degree was intentionally put in there to help ensure he at least got the murder 3 if the jury wouldn't go for murder 2.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Yeah I don't like that move though. Makes it more likely he gets off with manslaughter. 3rd degree was intentionally put in there to help ensure he at least got the murder 3 if the jury wouldn't go for murder 2.
Could they try him again on the 3rd degree charge is they are unable to convict on 1 and 2?

Nov 2, 2017
www.startribune.com

Texas member of Boogaloo Bois charged with opening fire on Minneapolis police precinct during protests over George Floyd

Feds say Texas adherent of far-right group fired on precinct building, conspired with cop killer to ignite civil war.

Fucking racist shitbags tried to frame protestors in a false flag attack to incite a Civil War.

Yeah, if you read that and got the suggestion that the burning of the police precinct was just the work of the far-right, congratulations, you're buying the narrative that cops and centrists want to sell you. The affidavits don't remotely suggest that the right-wing shitbag in question was solely or even primarily responsible for the burning, just that he participated.

There's plenty of documentation on the ground from those protests in Minneapolis. It was the coalition of protesters that came together to burn down that police station. And before anyone wants to get it twisted like "oh, trying to shift blame to the protesters", I'm not trying to shift blame, I'm trying to make sure they get the credit they deserve.

It took a coalition of protesters to pull together and create the circumstances where a police precinct could be burned down. Those protesters put in the work and achieved a laudable goal. This is more "white anarchist" posturing, the narrative of do-nothing centrists trying to create a division and suggest that, no, actually, most people in the streets belong to this good stereotype we want to believe in of people who just want to say things but who wouldn't dare do anything like take any sort of real action to further their political goals. Any evidence to the contrary is just evidence of outside agitators of some sort.

Last edited: