• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
User banned (1 week): Creating an inflammatory thread and incorrectly editorializing a news article
https://www.app.com/story/entertain...lace-if-trump-owned-buffalo-bills/4263135001/ <--- Yeah, the same Bon Jovi who played at Biden's inauguration.

I was rooting for Buffalo as a Raiders fan to defeat KC even though I knew in my heart it would be a tough go. If HE... owned the Bills, you would essentially have the Jags and/or Jets of the north.

Also, I always felt JBJ was the worst of the "hair bands" and that includes Winger.

Okay... end rant. Sorry ERA.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Trump wanted to buy a NFL team and was rejected by the other owners, is what he's referring too. He potentially would have shut up and not gotten into politics.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
I think his point is that Trump wouldn't have ended up becoming President if he'd bought the Bills, thus leaving the world a better place.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't he implying that he wouldn't run for president if he instead purchased the Bills?

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
uh yes it would have been 100000000000000x better if he was steve balmer instead of fucking president

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I always felt JBJ was the worst of the "hair bands" and that includes Winger.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this is less about Bon Jovi praising Trump and more along the lines of him now despising Buffalo.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
This is why context matters

Would he let Donald Trump use his music?

He recoils as if physically attacked. "No! No no no! On every issue we wholeheartedly disagree, from how he handled the Covid crisis to immigration to the Paris accord – everything! No! No!"

Bon Jovi and Trump have an extremely weird history. Back in 2014, the singer, along with some Canadian investors, tried to buy the NFL team the Buffalo Bills, outbidding Trump. But there was suddenly strong anti-Bon Jovi feeling in Buffalo, NY, with "Bon Jovi-free" zones and negative graffiti, stemming from the rumour that he and his partners would move the team out of the city. Bon Jovi fiercely denied that, but the Bills ultimately went to a third bidder and that was the end of that – until three years ago, when it emerged, inevitably, that the anti-Bon Jovi campaign had been started by Michael Caputo, a political strategist, who had been hired by Trump.

"I was really shocked at the depths [Trump] went to. He wasn't even qualified to buy the team, because you have to submit your tax returns, and he never filed the paperwork. Instead, he did this dark shadow assassination thing, hoping to buy the team at a bargain basement price. But I just couldn't understand how this misinformation was being put out there. It was seriously scarring," Bon Jovi says, eyes wide.

After Trump failed to get the team, he stomped off and ran for president. Maybe you should have just given him the team, I say.

"Yeah, for the sake of the world, he definitely should have got the team. Oh well," he chuckles.

www.theguardian.com

Jon Bon Jovi on wealth, love and his ugly tussle with Trump: 'It was seriously scarring'

The big hair and bombast have long gone and the thoughtful singer-songwriter remains. He talks about politics, pain and meeting his wife of 40 years in history class

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.app.com/story/entertain...lace-if-trump-owned-buffalo-bills/4263135001/ <--- Yeah, the same Bon Jovi who played at Biden's inauguration.

I was rooting for Buffalo as a Raiders fan to defeat KC even though I knew in my heart it would be a tough go. If HE... owned the Bills, you would essentially have the Jags and/or Jets of the north.

Okay... end rant. Sorry ERA.

I think you should read what he said, lol.

"Yeah, for the sake of the world, he definitely should have got the team," Bon Jovi told the Guardian. "Oh well."

Basically would've kept him out of the political stage.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think he just means that if Buffalo sold him the team, that would be his focus and not his political career.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he's definitely saying that Trump buying the bills would have meant he wouldn't have gone for president.

enanogrande

Oct 30, 2017
Are you afraid of trump OP? Will writing his name out on a message board bring upon you his ire and fill your room with orange spray tan?

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I'd like to use this brief time during a thread backfire to expound the importance of reading articles, especially ones you make a thread for, before reacting.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, we went from people not reading OPs to an OP not understanding the article they're posting. That's new.
Also, the censorship made me think something way worse had been said... so that's a relief that it's not the case.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
JBJ is right, but its like looking at the butterfly effect in reverse. You wouldnt think such a small thing would cause such a tidal wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.