• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing someone say they never had a Hot Pocket weirds me out lol

Also I'm glad that they're saying freeze them. It's be too easy without that element.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first gourmet makes I actually want to make.

I mean it. If I could premake some of these and take them to work for lunch? Fuuuuuuck that'd be awesome.

Making flaky pastry dough with a seasoned butter is just...ohh man I want to do this so bad.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I want to make the Hot Pockets too. But I'd just eat them right away. I still think he first attempt was the best.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I've never had a Hot Pocket. Canadian kids ate Pizza Pops. (Or at least, I did.)

250px-Pizza_Pops.jpg

These were probably close to half my diet my first year of university. That was a mistake.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
God, Pizza Pops. They're so bad and now I want one.

Also, I think they did have some kind of Hot Pocket equivalent in Canada eventually, because I remember buying them from the supermarket at my first job and heating them in the microwave. They were pretty pretty good, but also terrible, but also good and now I want one.

Also, just at the intro: stop trying to make "hot pocket for your hot pocket" happen Claire

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
She nailed it in one, and the rest was just her riffing on a successful recipe. Those hot pockets looked damn good.

The moment when everyone was at her station eating the ham and cheese one and Claire was pissed off to the side was really funny to me. "Oh did we?" lol
Delaney!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
This was the best episode of Gourmet Makes ever. Not only was it legit hilarious, but ALL of it looked delicious. That butter block sounded amazing.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, honestly, the only reason it's 40+ minutes this time is because she basically knocks it out of the park so quickly she decides to start improvising a bunch.

I do wonder why she abandons the two-pastry option early on, since it seems to be the one that leaks the least. I guess it also leads to the pastry being too flaky, maybe?

Also god every version of the butter block looks so good. It's like a tasty marble tile.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus the instructions at the end go on forever.

Oh, and there's B-roll. Nice touch.
But at least it was just cooking all the way through so people can actually make it.

Most of these gourmet makes instructions at the end have a "cut 4 silpat sheets into rectangles with a smaller triangle cut from the center. Grab your glue gun, aerosol spray, and poster board and proceed to..." section, lol

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Does anyone else just hate Delaney? A great episode of gourmet makes though. Damn I wanna try that first attempt.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
But at least it was just cooking all the way through so people can actually make it.

Most of these gourmet makes instructions at the end have a "cut 4 silpat sheets into rectangles with a smaller triangle cut from the center. Grab your glue gun, aerosol spray, and poster board and proceed to..." section, lol

This one does seem pretty doable but you know I'm dropping the part where she breaks out the dehydrator just to make some friggin' tomato powder.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
This one does seem pretty doable but you know I'm dropping the part where she breaks out the dehydrator just to make some friggin' tomato powder.
Of course. They just bought tomato powder for the doritos one she said, but lost it since. That's definitely something to buy rather than have a 24 hour project for a teaspoon of homemade spice.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Blah, spoke too soon. Rapoport was nice to Claire at the end of the Hot Pockets video, but he's back to his heel ways in Molly's video 😂

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Rap is seemingly leaning into his role as the annoying boss figure (that everyone else likes poking fun at). Telling Molly she's nervous was a sharper poke than telling Claire the Hot Pocket was the first time he thought she improved on the original. D:

Someone throw bay leaves and meyer lemons at him please.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This format is perfect for Molly.

I'd love to see a Gaby series about her sourcing ingredients and wrangling the test kitchen. Also a Priya & Priya's Dad two-hander.

Status
Not open for further replies.