• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
oh shit, I just got the notification that my Claire shirt was delivered

UPDATE:
69225397_524827894944063_6211720035228975104_n.jpg

dirty mirror pic like its 2005

Last edited:

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Man, the Try Guys are annoying. I can see why they are popular then with the Youths.

Okay video. But felt like even Carla was not feeling them either.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Found out my southern girlfriends family doesn't have a biscuit recipe so made Claires buttermilk biscuits over the weekend. They were delicious. #teamsquarebiscuits

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Eugene seems to be the only genuine person on the Try Guys.

Not that the others are necessarily lying about themselves, it's just that most of them seem a lot more performative than Eugene does.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Eugene seems to be the only genuine person on the Try Guys.

Not that the others are necessarily lying about themselves, it's just that most of them seem a lot more performative than Eugene does.
Eugene also seems like he has one foot out the door. He's the one with the most non-TG projects, and always seemed like he was on a fast trajectory to outgrow them. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he left the Try Guys (and YouTube in general) in the next couple years.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Just watched this. She's great, and this looks delicious.

I'd love it if she and Priya did a series on spices or something. Educate people how to broaden their palates, and inevitably share lots of family stories
I tried watching their video but their "energy" was really annoying to me. I'm not familiar with them at all but I didn't like them at all. Poor Carla.
Watching four 30-something guys have this affected childish energy, but not really pulling it off, is very awkward. It's like the Mcelroys if they weren't funny and had no charisma.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Molly and Amiel have great chemistry

"Are you happy now? Your whole family's sick because you needed to eat hot chicken. Eat the cold chicken!"

Oct 25, 2017
I used to get the 'higher-up-the-chain' vibe from Amiel that you get from Adam Rappaport(?), even though I don't know if he is, but maybe it was just him not being used to being on camera because now that he's loosened up I'm realising he might be the weirdest of them all, and that's a good thing.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Amiel is always entertaining whenever he shows up in other people's videos. I think he doesn't actually work for BA anymore (the magazine) but he still goes there for the videos.

Oct 25, 2017
I used to get the 'higher-up-the-chain' vibe from Amiel that you get from Adam Rappaport(?), even though I don't know if he is, but maybe it was just him not being used to being on camera because now that he's loosened up I'm realising he might be the weirdest of them all, and that's a good thing.

He used to be Rapoport's assistant, so that might be related to it. Also he ha s a lot more low key position with BA these days (just a consultant, he works elsewhere)

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
This Carla hate will not stand. Talk shit about Andy like a normal person.

You need to watch the Miz Cracker one at the very least.
I think she is good as a personality. The videos are just kind of boring though. When they started off they were interesting, but I feel the recipes have been really dumbed down for most of them so it is not really interesting to watch anymore. The most people screw up now is that they cook something too long or their plating doesn't look as good. There really isn't a lot of room for a guest's dish to be drastically different from Carla's so at that point I feel like you are mostly watching for the personality of the guest, and more often than not I don't really care for them.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I find Carla to be enjoyable because I like what she cooks, her personality, and she has that "you can do it - just keep trying!" mom vibe that's really comforting. Cooking is stressful for a lot of people and I imagine its easy to just give up if you suck at it. Carla really seems to want people to just keep trying and I love that about her.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Their chicken pot pie was a huge success. I posted some photos and more information over the IronERA OT. Get into it.
Carrots?! (you made the right choice)
I think she is good as a personality. The videos are just kind of boring though. When they started off they were interesting, but I feel the recipes have been really dumbed down for most of them so it is not really interesting to watch anymore. The most people screw up now is that they cook something too long or their plating doesn't look as good. There really isn't a lot of room for a guest's dish to be drastically different from Carla's so at that point I feel like you are mostly watching for the personality of the guest, and more often than not I don't really care for them.
I actually agree, but there are a few personalities that really are just fun to watch in the back to back with Carla, like Miz Cracker. Some of the celebrities are just kind of boring though.

I just like Carla's personality and sense of humor in general. Her regular recipe videos are better than the back-to-back ones for me. Milo Rambaldi said mom vibes, but she's definitely more fun aunt vibes for me.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
Carrots?! (you made the right choice)

I actually agree, but there are a few personalities that really are just fun to watch in the back to back with Carla, like Miz Cracker. Some of the celebrities are just kind of boring though.

I just like Carla's personality and sense of humor in general. Her regular recipe videos are better than the back-to-back ones for me. Milo Rambaldi said mom vibes, but she's definitely more fun aunt vibes for me.
Agreed on all counts.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I saw on Facebook that they were offering a free tote bag with a sub and honestly that almost pushed me over the edge to sub but I haven't yet.

I subscribed months ago and I did end with the free tote bag.

I'm sure all the recipes in the magazine are on their website as well but I still think it's worth keeping them around. For such a low price it's easily worth it to me. And their long-form articles are pretty good.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm at Panera wearing my Claire shirt and the girl saw it and lost her shit and just talked to me for 10 minutes about it. It was sweet and cute but I am hungry and full of anxiety. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.